New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Creating an anime

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    If anybody's willing to try, I have a concept.Some of you may know that I am posting about how I would rewrite RWBY if I had the opportunity. While I've mostly been working on actual changes to the characters so far, what really annoys me about RWBY is the execution. I can redo concepts all I want, but a lot of the original ideas were very good and failed because they were presented badly. So let's try a real test of redoing RWBY: Putting up my ideas on the Grimm as a World of Remmnant-style short. This serves the original purpose of the thread: to see how difficult it is to create your own animation, but I'm really hoping that the people who help with this will have gained experience to use on better ideas than what is essentially fanfiction.

Anyway, what we will need is:

- Some free-use backing music.

- Scriptwriters and proofreaders (probably including me)
    There are a few terms in this post I don’t understand, “RWBY, the Grimm” but it strikes me that this is the first post to mention music, outside of mine, as either a narrative tool or backing set. As far as Voiceover? I could do that from here and send it; “What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? Open fire! Com weapons. Flash! I love you Flash, but we only have fourteen hours left to save the Earth!” But music is something that tells a story on its own. There are so many songs out there that don’t have film clips that you could make a story out of. I’ll put up two, they’re both Tom Waits songs. (1) Mr Siegel; whenever I hear this song it makes me think of old time vaudeville, the smoke-filled Speakeasy, old hardwood floors and gas lamps. I think this song could tell a story of exhilaration and helpless desperation, kind of like a cross between Benny Hill and Green Days’ Holiday. (2) Don’t Go Into That Barn; this song is the musical equivalent of the campfire horror story you tell to scare the heck out of everybody before turning in. Listen to the songs, read the lyrics and see what I mean. I’ll bet it’s easy to script to something like this because the tone is set by the music and the themes are universal. No dialogue and a limited time scale.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by highfriction View Post
    Then find ways to tell your story with less panels.

Exactly - you need to find ways to make it doable. That is a boundary, and animation has lots of them.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Then find ways to tell your story with less panels.
    Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
    Exactly - you need to find ways to make it doable. That is a boundary, and animation has lots of them.
    You call them boundaries; I call them challenges. I know that whatever I write the first draft is never the last. There are many wasted words, inevitable cuts, and trimming to be done. It's called editing. Granted animation is more work because it's a visual medium but that falls back to your commitment. The phrase many hands make light work is just as applicable here as if you were digging a trench. If it's a visual medium then use visual means to sell it. Create a word bubble of art, why does anyone need to agree on anything if your just throwing out images? Let people see what you're talking about.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by highfriction View Post
    There are a few terms in this post I don’t understand, “RWBY, the Grimm” but it strikes me that this is the first post to mention music, outside of mine, as either a narrative tool or backing set. As far as Voiceover? I could do that from here and send it; “What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? Open fire! Com weapons. Flash! I love you Flash, but we only have fourteen hours left to save the Earth!” But music is something that tells a story on its own. There are so many songs out there that don’t have film clips that you could make a story out of. I’ll put up two, they’re both Tom Waits songs. (1) Mr Siegel; whenever I hear this song it makes me think of old time vaudeville, the smoke-filled Speakeasy, old hardwood floors and gas lamps. I think this song could tell a story of exhilaration and helpless desperation, kind of like a cross between Benny Hill and Green Days’ Holiday. (2) Don’t Go Into That Barn; this song is the musical equivalent of the campfire horror story you tell to scare the heck out of everybody before turning in. Listen to the songs, read the lyrics and see what I mean. I’ll bet it’s easy to script to something like this because the tone is set by the music and the themes are universal. No dialogue and a limited time scale.
    This thread was created to see if RWBY, a computer-generated animation series with anime inspirations, was a difficult target to reach. The World of Remnant is a sort of spin-off, detailing the world in which RWBY is set. Here's an episode, to give an idea of what I'm looking for.
    There's been some disagreement about RWBY's quality, but at the moment I'm the only person working (slowly) on an indepth rewrite. I thought that since we had a thread about making animation, a fictional documentary was a good place to start us off and since it was started by the squabbling followers of RWBY, the details of what wanted would be common knowledge.

Basically, I'm looking to do a short documentary about the Grimm, the animalistic monsters of RWBY. it should be presented as an in-world film, and be trying to inform people about the Grimm. As music goes, I think that it will need something ominous, but mostly low-key, as there likely won't be many action scenes. It should also be rather BGM-y, with no lyrics; music to set the scene and not detract from the voice-over.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

RWBY's quality is relatively good. I would not, however, call it perfect. It has those moments where things 'glitch' inside of other things like they do in video games.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, from what I've seen I'd have to say the production values are a lot more polished than the first webisodes of Broken Saints. I'll have to check out all of them to get the story arc. I've got a big interest in soul and spirit and I'd like to see where that goes. Is the whole thing available on DVD? Don't have internet at home, except phone data.