New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] Master Ludwig Mather's Adventure Company Headquarters - Living Room

Nice detail. A cooking pot is not to be trifled with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyeal View Post
    Made me chuckle that everyone had the same reaction after Tori mentioning he knew how to cook. I made that detail because of his Folk Hero background; One of the items given is a cooking pot, so I just ran with it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: [OOC] Master Ludwig Mather's Adventure Company Headquarters - Living Room

If Laruc doesn't recover from his poisoning, Roderick will probably have to handle stealing the map. I just went to the Wizards dice roller to play with the disadvantage stuff, and while I didn't exactly do a detailed statistical analysis, it looked pretty ugly.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah maybe pissing off the Chief isn't the best idea. Why not get the medicine, rest and then take off in the morning in good relations with the goblins?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Probably the best idea with a man down so to speak. If it wasn't for the poison I'd say don't risk it, but running while having disadvantage on everything would be difficult to say the least.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

Ellywick had a spontaneous sex change!

@DM Filtro: Any thoughts on multiple OOC threads? Consensus seemed to be leaning toward individual OOC threads for the different groups... Would that be too much a hassle?

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by markodore64 View Post
    Oh my! I hope this is a welcomed change?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by markodore64 View Post
    I first started the character creation with a male in mind, but the last minute I changed the gender before we started. I hope I didn't confuse anybody!

EDIT: I woke up for about 5 seconds last night and a thought entered my mind, "He was probably referring to my avatar changing!"
    Last edited by ianricks58; 2014-09-14 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Light finally dawned

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ianricks58 View Post
    I first started the character creation with a male in mind, but the last minute I changed the gender before we started. I hope I didn't confuse anybody!
    Nope, we understand. Elly adventures to raise funds for her hormone treatments. Just as valid a reason as any other adventurer!

-

Also, while working overnight and reading PHB (yeah, got paid $14/hr for 12 hours and all I did was read it and post on here!) I noticed some things that needed to be changed on Dorrine. One was while her background allowed her proficiency with an instrument, it did not give her one, she would have to buy one herself. She thought to herself about playing her lyre, but didn't say anything out loud, so pretty much that thought needs to be disregarded. Second was finesse vs light weapons. I didn't really look into the difference until now, where I chose two hand axes instead of shortswords without realize I can't use dex to damage and attack with handaxes, I switched to shortswords which was the other option. (Two shortswords or two simple melee)

I also switched her background (also didn't realize you picked two personality traits) to go more with her backstory and I expanded on her backstory. I did kind of mix Noble and Outlander together for backgrounds to make it more her. I also hadn't realized that her wanderer feature from the outlander background, allowed her to gather food for everyone making rations not needed in the wilderness. So she didn't need to complain about eating them again. Another oops! I also spent her starting gold so she has almost no money which is also more fitting.

But background, personality and such are on her character sheet and I will get them on her statblock post at the beginning of this thread when I wake up this evening.
    Last edited by Psy-Knight; 2014-09-14 at 07:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69

OOC threads for each group created, Check out main post in this thread (below your group's game thread link.)

10. - Top - End - #70

main post updated

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Can I just say that I love reading Group 2's adventure! You guys really do a good job of feeding off of each other's posts. I chuckle every time I read a new post. I check your thread as much as I do my groups! Keep up the good work!

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by ianricks58 View Post
    Can I just say that I love reading Group 2's adventure! You guys really do a good job of feeding off of each other's posts. I chuckle every time I read a new post. I check your thread as much as I do my groups! Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! I'm having a blast with these guys. I am enjoying your thread as well!

13. - Top - End - #73

14. - Top - End - #74

Awesome update! This is so cool :D

15. - Top - End - #75

RedKnightGirl

I do really like the recaps of what everyone has been up to, and the world building is a nice touch

16. - Top - End - #76

Good deal.
    Looks great so far!

Way to go, Group 2. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun over there.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

17. - Top - End - #77

Looks good, almost like the tales that would be told back at the Adventure Company HQ of each group.
    I almost feel like they should be exaggerated a bit, as if they were rumors/boasts from each company. Unless Master Ludwig requires detailed reports from each group at the end of their missions that is.
    The sort of IC thing you would have heard around HQ after spending a day or two back there.
    DMing
    Part II: Search for the Tower (5e)
    OOC / IC / Tracker / Map

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Do we know Master Ludwig's race?

19. - Top - End - #79

Yes. You all know him as a 60ish year old human male. You also know he's the "Sorcerer-King", ruler and primary philanthropist in this area (let's call it your country).

20. - Top - End - #80