New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Let's Create A Character:Social Art Experiment Thing

Okay, I'll make this short. I had an idea for a little game. I will set up the steps for creating a character in the order of the D&D 3.5 Player's Handbook. I don't frequent that many boards and I mostly lurk around here without signing on but.. anyhow.

Step One
    32 Point Buy
    Post up some stats that add up to 32 Point buy.
    Or, If you aren't too familiar with D&D, use the following stats to assign to the Six Abilities.
    16-15-14-13-10-9

After that, I'll use some...math magic to bring it to a set 32 point score. After a certain point I'll cut off the voting, based on replies or lack of interest, whichever comes first.

The Stats will affect the following design choices.
    Strength- Muscles Muscles and more Muscles. If you want a Conan. put plenty of points here.
    Dexterity- The higher, the more lithe. Features may be anything from a lanky build, or long, thin fingers or an overall agile pose.
    Constitution- The higher, the bulkier. Not to say, muscular, but dense. Either by having thick bones or a sturdy overall frame.
    Intelligence- No real effect visually, other than affecting the pose of the character in some way to convey being an intellectual or simple being quick witted depending on the future choices for the character. Or the opposite if low.
    Wisdom- No real effect visually, other than affecting the pose of the character in some way to convey a deep thinker or alert person depending on the future choices for the character. Or the opposite if low.
    Charisma- High Charisma does not affect "hotness" exactly, but the pose and body language will be more dynamic, confident and energetic.

There will be female and male versions of the character.

Step Two
    Step Three
    Step Four
    Step Five
    Step Six
    Step Seven

The Following steps will be added as we go.

Thanks for your time. I'd appreciate input on the idea overall whether or not you wish to be involved in the voting.
    Deviantart
    Youtube
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every few years, the yank moviegoing public is greeted with a movie that instantly earns the desirable tag of "One of the Scariest Movies Ever Made!" This designation accustomed be reserved for less than the foremost special of terror tales — psychotic, The Exorcist, Alien — however currently, it is a catch phrase combat, Saw, The Descent, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Sinister — the list goes on. (But no Jack and Jill? What the hell?) -A Wise Adbot

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Let's Create A Character:Social Art Experiment Thing

soo, twitch plays pokemon but with dnd?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

So.. uh.. ot t pry or anything but what exactly is the relation with art and why is this in the Art and Craft forums rather than Gaming or PBP section ?
    (If there is, You may want to make it clear now before a moderator moves the thread.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-09-25 at 12:18 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

I think the arrangement is that we set the stats and he draws the character based on his interpretation of what the stats would make the character look like.

Do we get to decide the race of the character? Or will the characters be invariably human?
    Last edited by Tiri; 2014-10-16 at 11:29 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Str 13

Dex 9

Con 14

Int 10

Wis 16

Cha 15
    I'm imagining a scarred old Drill Sergeant guy.
    vape naesh