New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] DSP Boogaloo: The Hunt for Prince Ritalus.

"Thank you for your.. uh.. graciousness Lord Pimpington" He's a bit confused by the abruptness. One second asking for snacks and the next it's goodbye. He wasn't going to argue it though. Pimpington gave him more bad vibes than even Lord N.

He stuffs his hands in his pockets and slips out the door with the others

"Fun? I guess that's one way to put it"
    Last edited by squiggit; 2014-09-15 at 10:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

"Indeed... excuse me one moment."
    Vamp ducks behind some shrubbery. A retching sound can be heard. She returns shortly. "That was him being tame. I think I got away with little insult or injury, unlike my last birthday."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-09-15 at 10:40 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

"That was RESTRAINED in the Pimpington scale of things? I thought that I was the monkey here..."

Rafe was very glad to be out of there. Normally, enclosed spaces that don't include the word "jail" don't make him particularly nervous. He would have to add "Sir Pimpington" to that list of descriptors.

So... anyone have any idea where these guys who have the prince actually are? I can try to get some info if we seriously have no clue, but no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

"We can take a moment to consult the 'Logues once we get to the Tarnished Heart. Hopefully it will have a more agreeable atmosphere."
    She gives a heavy sigh.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Mix follows along quietly. He seems to do that.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #66

"To the Tarnished Heart!" He agrees, heading down the road at a brisk pace until they reach the establishment. When he gets there he holds the door open for the rest of the troupe, then takes a seat in the back, pulling his Travelogue and writing kit out of his bag.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

"What is this 'logues' you are talking about? Never heard of it."

Rafe seems genuinely curious.

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

Vamp pulls out a dusty tome. "This is a Walker's Travelogue. I'm a member of the Wayward Path. We use these 'Logues to record our travels and communicate with each other. It was the thing I was most interesting in retrieving..." She flips through the pages idly. "I'm glad I get to go on another journey. I hope I will have something interesting to contribute."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-09-16 at 08:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Pshaw. Callie waves her arm downwards in an exaggerated motion. Who needs books when you have me! I've got a good memory, and I'm good at noticing the small details.

She points to herself. I'm like a living storybook! That also plays the flute, and stuff.

Then the petite girl steps inside the Tarnished Heart, disappearing from sight.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

She looks slightly crestfallen. The feathers in her hat droop and her shoulders slump. "B-but I like writing my stories..." D:

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no! Callie covers her mouth with her hands in all-too-real shock. I didn't mean that. D=

I don't write the stories, I just tell them later. You can, um... you can write all you want! ...if that's okay with you.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

"Really?! My father would hate this! Look!"
    She flips to a page in her 'Logue. A crude drawing of a woman is show.

It's signed "Your loving father, Sir Pimpington."

"I'm so happy," she says. "Now, what's this utter cesspool I've stepped in?"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-09-16 at 10:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

"It'll be interesting to compare stories after this is all over Knight... seeing how we both kinda... have these" He shrugs "As for where we are. Welcome to the Tarnished Heart. A more wretched hive of-" He clears his throat "'scuse me. It's... uh. Well not the nicest place I suppose." He looks around the dingy bar with a sigh, then goes back to his own travelogue.
    Last edited by squiggit; 2014-09-17 at 12:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Rafe grins a bit. THIS is finally something he's familiar with.

The Tarnished Heart's a half-decent place, if you can ignore the ambeance. Beer's decent, food is cheap with good servings, and the bartender usually doesn't ask TOO many questions. Just make sure you can pay up promptly when they ask. Speaking of, I think I'll go get one of those beers I was talking about.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

"Beer, huh?
    " Vamp gives a disapproving look. "They have something for a more refined palate, I hope..."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Rafe laughs heartily.

"'Refined'? Lady, did you look at the sign outside? Closest thing to REFINED they have here is the alcohol that got distilled twice"

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground

Temitia

Temitia's perpetual, toothy grin sees a resurgence as she spots her new companions. She approaches their table, a dirty-but-barely-washed-enough mug in each hand and a third gripped by her tail and held at her waist, spilling small amounts of precious booze with each eager step.

"Hey!" She exclaims happily, "Glad you all made it! Might as well celebrate a little before we start work, huh?"

She unceremoniously drops the mugs in front of the nearest folk who haven't been supplied with alcohol yet, before dropping into an open chair. She turns and glances at the bar, spotting another red skinned woman happily and imprecisely cleaning a mug while chatting up some bar flies.

"Looks like Tess is running the place right now. Maybe I can get you guys some free drinks, huh?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Calliope brightens at Temitia's approach, then shrinks back when the crimson-skinned woman slams a mug of hard ale down in front of her.

Callie's face retreats into her hood like a turtle's head and she prods the frothing mug with a thin finger.

Thanks, but... I don't really drink, she mumbles, gingerly nudging the ale towards Neil. Sorry, she says, addressing both Niel and Temitia.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

The Dame takes a step back to avoid beer pisswater getting splashed on her. "Do you have something a little more appropriate for someone of my stature?" She's regressed into a more arrogant attitude.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-09-17 at 06:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Temitia

"It's fine, not everyone has to like strong drinks," Temitia says cheerfully to Calliope.

"Uh... I guess," she says, tapping her chin with an index finger, "Probably! Maybe some wine in a box in the back. People usually just want the ale or beer, though."
    Last edited by Axebird; 2014-09-17 at 07:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

"You won't hear complaints from me. Last time I got a free beer, it turned out to be enchanted mud." Bait enthusiastically nods at the idea of drinking actual beer.

"You're not gonna give me mud, are you?"
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

22. - Top - End - #82

"I don't think this place can afford mud, Bait" he murmurs after sniffing his own drink, going back to his book without taking a sip.

23. - Top - End - #83

Temitia

"Hey, come on. That's not fair." Temitia's grin falls into a slight frown. "Tess and Karra work really hard."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

"Yes... clearly is this a sign of the growing disparity of wealth under the king's rule. Perhaps the owners wish to apologize personally?
    " It's hard to tell if she's being sincere. Vamp isn't in a particularly good mood. "I think I'll just check the Travelogue for any information on the prince so we can be on our way."

She opens the books and concentrates on her query concerning Prince Ritalus.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"Temita, there ya go!" Rafe calls excitedly as the beers arrive. "I was just getting thirsty, too! Let me help you with one of those"

He reaches over to rescue the stein in the precarious tail grip with a firm one of his own
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2014-09-20 at 07:27 AM.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Mix simply watches the others silently. Alcohol. It doesn't work right on reptiles.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #87

Temitia

Temitia flinches slightly as Rafe's tail claims the mug from hers, but doesn't drop it.

"Ah! Uh, help yourself." She coughs and turns away slightly, her smile returning. "So, what's with the travel-thingy? How's it going to help us find the prince?" Temitia asks Vamp.
    Last edited by Axebird; 2014-09-20 at 11:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

"I'm trying to use it to contact other members of my group. We can communicate through these books. However, none have answered yet. It's quite odd, actually. Usually a lady such as myself receives a swift response."
    She purses her lips.

29. - Top - End - #89

As if on command, the book in Vamp's hand begins to buzz quietly.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Vamp Pimpington

"Oh, here we are."
    She answers the book. "You know anything about who I am looking for?"