New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Who will win? (Spoiler)

The way I see it, there are two ways the siege can go.

1) Parson provides some brilliant strategy (although he's taking his time about it) and Tool wins.

2) Ansom wins, and Parson is captured. We then get to see how Parson reacts to close exposure to the other side...

One thing I am betting on is that either way, the comic won't end with the resolution of this siege, even if that was all of the original game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Who will win? (Spoiler)

Just a comment on the spoiler tags. Unless it's from me or Rob, these things are more speculation than spoilers. Speculation is great! But I think the spoiler tag is a bit of a misnomer.
    Jamie Noguchi, artist and co-creator of Erfworld and evil monkey responsible for Angry Zen Master.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

I'm pretty sure they're a holdover from the OOTS forums, wherein any speculation is supposed to be marked as "(spoilers)" so the Giant knows not to read it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're a holdover from the OOTS forums, wherein any speculation is supposed to be marked as "(spoilers)" so the Giant knows not to read it.
    Ahhhh... I dig it. Carry on then.
    Jamie Noguchi, artist and co-creator of Erfworld and evil monkey responsible for Angry Zen Master.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    Yes -- it's easier to remember just one rule, and for obvious reasons it's better to err on the side of caution.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

i'm predicting that parson will defend the castle well enough to cause the alliance to back off and rethink. right now they expect to have the siege done in time for afternoon tea.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Parson will win the battle but around number 123 or something Ansom will come up with some clever plot and break into the castle only to be stopped and killed headon in a duel with Bogroll and his new Arkentool.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Parson will have the battle all but wrapped up, and then one of 3 things will happen

1: Stanley the Tool will try to disband him to make sure that he (Stanley) remains firmly in power

2: Stanley the Tool ignores some critical advice and Ansom breaks through and is only defeated after a climactic confrontation that could have been avoided. Stanley blames Parson.

3: Parson comes up with a way to break Stanley's control and begins to seriously make moves of his own.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

I expect something unexpected will happen.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

I expect something expected will happen, but it will be one of many expected things, so it's technically expected and unexpected at the same time since it's not the expected expected thing.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, task mage

STFUitP