New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,486 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Power IV: Boldly Bolding Where No Man Has Bolded Before!

They started with general directions for the entire system.
    They somehow assumed it's on a specific planet within the system because it has many ruins (So? Can't the second Mitch be in a different planet?)

We said that it's likely that the entire planet has ruins since the entire planet was restricted and not just a part of it.
    So on a specific planet of the system, in the FIRST ruin the looked at, they immediately find what they were looking for, and that doesn't surprise anyone?

Am I missing something?

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Obviously the museum is where all the important antiquities are gathered. So the star power relic will be located there in, err, the museum bathroom?

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

All right, last thread name proposal from me: Mitch and the lavatory of doom

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    They started with general directions for the entire system.
    They somehow assumed it's on a specific planet within the system because it has many ruins (So? Can't the second Mitch be in a different planet?)

We said that it's likely that the entire planet has ruins since the entire planet was restricted and not just a part of it.
    So on a specific planet of the system, in the FIRST ruin the looked at, they immediately find what they were looking for, and that doesn't surprise anyone?

Am I missing something?
    Yep.

This is the city-palace of the Zel Grux which is where they lived and taught their advanced sciences to the lesser species of the Rokkosians. Since Rokkos is one of the five planets comprising the Zel Grux Dynasty, picking the city-palace in the capitol city gives them pretty good odds.

The real issue is Greenie's ratcheting up the attention-seeking from a 3 to a 7 for no real reason. I mean, when Space Magic is drawing an actual path, maybe the Muggles should simmer down?

Also: Page 50, so someone best pick a title and make a new thread!
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Yep.

This is the city-palace of the Zel Grux which is where they lived and taught their advanced sciences to the lesser species of the Rokkosians. Since Rokkos is one of the five planets comprising the Zel Grux Dynasty, picking the city-palace in the capitol city gives them pretty good odds.

The real issue is Greenie's ratcheting up the attention-seeking from a 3 to a 7 for no real reason. I mean, when Space Magic is drawing an actual path, maybe the Muggles should simmer down?

Also: Page 50, so someone best pick a title and make a new thread!

That part I got.
    But they aren't looking for a lost civilization, they are looking for the star-powered who helped charging them.
    Someone like Danica or Mitch.
    If he's anything like Danica, he can be just a common worker from the park they just left, who enjoyed looking at the stars in his free time.
    And if he's anything like Mitch, my first guess would have been the star of the system regardless of what civilization lived there.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    That part I got.
    But they aren't looking for a lost civilization, they are looking for the star-powered who helped charging them.
    Someone like Danica or Mitch.
    If he's anything like Danica, he can be just a common worker from the park they just left, who enjoyed looking at the stars in his free time.
    And if he's anything like Mitch, my first guess would have been the star of the system regardless of what civilization lived there.
    I think they had a nonsensical but feasible a priori bias ("Anything amazing in a Zel Gux system must be related to the Zel Gux ruins somehow") that happened to be correct. It doesn't make logical sense, but you can see how sapient beings would arrive at it, unlike older instances of Mookie Logic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    I think they had a nonsensical but feasible a priori bias ("Anything amazing in a Zel Gux system must be related to the Zel Gux ruins somehow") that happened to be correct. It doesn't make logical sense, but you can see how sapient beings would arrive at it, unlike older instances of Mookie Logic.
    Honestly, if my Phlebotinum Compass points itself to an area known to be the home of a mysteriously advanced yet vanished race and I know my Phlebotinum comes from a mysteriously advanced yet forgotten race, I'm going to start looking at those guys first instead of under an arbitrary asteroid

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Firbolg in the Playground

BTW, the funding campaign was successful. Now it's all about stretch goals
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You're expecting characters to react logically and humanly in a story writen by Mookie.

Be happy if at the end of the chapter she didn't give in to getting power from an ancient Zel Gux artifact fueled by eviiiil out of sheer spite and jealousy over Star Power.

On that note I'm actually changing my vote on her being Siegfried and am switching it to Celesto, she fits his "Arrogant feud"-template more. I'm expecting the other star power character to be Siegfried instead.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kachoom!
    In which a building sneezes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmmm... time for epileptic trees, I think.
    Thus I hereby do speculate
    - There is no actual sentinel, only a "second Mitch"
    - Which is actually a fragment of Mitch
    - When it broke off, it took some memories with it, resulting in the "why don't I know that?" "foreshadowing"/infodumpportunity.
    - It is also somewhat insane, due to having only random memory fragments
    - It will latch onto four-eyes, turning her into a "dark sentinel"
    - This will be the main antagonist for the next couple of chapters

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
    Hmmm... time for epileptic trees, I think.
    Thus I hereby do speculate
    - There is no actual sentinel, only a "second Mitch"
    - Which is actually a fragment of Mitch
    - When it broke off, it took some memories with it, resulting in the "why don't I know that?" "foreshadowing"/infodumpportunity.
    - It is also somewhat insane, due to having only random memory fragments
    - It will latch onto four-eyes, turning her into a "dark sentinel"
    - This will be the main antagonist for the next couple of chapters
    -It turns out this is the normal reproduction cycle for the Star Power
    -Four-eyed antagonist, with a new name, joins forces with Danica to defeat the bigger threat, BLACK HOLE BILL,
    -Bill loses so hard to Star Power and co that he collapses into a slightly more threatening singularity. His name was always foreshadowing.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spojaz View Post
    -It turns out this is the normal reproduction cycle for the Star Power
    -Four-eyed antagonist, with a new name, joins forces with Danica to defeat the bigger threat, BLACK HOLE BILL,
    -Bill loses so hard to Star Power and co that he collapses into a slightly more threatening singularity. His name was always foreshadowing.
    Almost right. When four-eyes realizes the error of her ways, the Dark Starpower will latch onto Bill, making him a... somewhat worthy opponent. Because, you know, Bill totally deserves a third shot.

So, this event was worth a complete update? Why? Because nobody expected a secret passage or because of Grex joke?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Almost right. When four-eyes realizes the error of her ways, the Dark Starpower will latch onto Bill, making him a... somewhat worthy opponent. Because, you know, Bill totally deserves a third shot.

So, this event was worth a complete update? Why? Because nobody expected a secret passage or because of Grex joke?
    Nah, in a surprise twist, after our resident annoying expert on ancient cultures is taken over by evil starpower, she manages to reject it ala peter parker and venom style. After she separates from it, that psychotically obsessed vorp angel will be nearby trying yet again to kill danica and failing. The evil starpower will latch onto him, and a true evil is born!

"We are no longer Star Power! No, we are Thermonuclear Reaction!" (Get it? Like Venom is a part of spiders, thermonuclear reactions are a part of stars? ITS CLEVER DANG YOU!)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

It's Thermonuclear Reaction Man! He's the brightest new star in the super hero universe.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

New Thread is up

Abandon all hope, ye who post after this!

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad