New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Trying to Homebrew a Creation Domain

With the 3.x version of a Creation domain the only "official" version I could find, I decided to try to homebrew something for the local game. I am trying to keep it balanced, and trying to use only core (D&D or PFRPG) spells for the spell list. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

==========================
    Creation Domain

Granted Powers
    You have developed a powerful connection to the forces of creation itself. Cast conjuration (creation) spells at +1 caster level.

Xxxxxx xxxxx (Xx): At 1st level... <--- Suggestions welcome

Divine Creator (Su): Beginning at [6th or 8th] level, you gain the use of any one Item Creation Feat for a number of days equal to [how about twice your cleric level?]. These days need not be consecutive, and you can change the chosen feat as long as you have at least one day remaining. You must also meet the prerequisites for the chosen feat, and must follow the standard Item Creation Rules.

Creation Domain Spells

Spell Name..................Brief Description
    1 Create Water............Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
    2 Minor Image.............As silent image, plus some sound.
    3 Create Food and Water.. Feeds three humans (or one horse)/level.
    4 Minor Creation............Creates one cloth or wood object.
    5 Major Creation...........As minor creation, plus stone and metal.
    6 Heroes’ Feast............Food for one creature/level cures and grants combat bonuses.
    7 Permanent Image......Includes sight, sound, and smell.
    8 True Creation...........Creates permanent nonmagical object.
    9 Genesis...................Creates a small demiplane.
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 2014-09-15 at 09:37 PM.
    "Save your tears, my fetid friends, the dead have Wept enough!"
    The Tears of Blood Campaign Setting Updated 15 Dec 2019
    From the Tears of Blood GiTP Forums 2004-09: "20 million dead. Whatcha gonna do with 20 million dead? You can’t bury ‘em, no time or energy to dig the graves. You could chuck ‘em somewhere out of the way. Or you could burn ‘em. But, but what if those things angered someone, or put a bad curse on 'em? Maybe gettin’ rid of ‘em is better. Just a thought. Hey, you could help us!"

2. - Top - End - #2

Zombie

Default Re: Trying to Homebrew a Creation Domain

To help prod this along, this is based on the Pathfinder rules. The basic idea for the 8th level Domain Power was inspired by the 8th level Domain Power for the War Domain:

Weapon Master (Su): At 8th level, as a swift action, you gain the use of one combat feat for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive and you can change the feat chosen each time you use this ability. You must meet the prerequisites to use this feat.

Since crafting an item takes days, not rounds, the language was adjusted for that.

Also shown below is a chart of each PF Item Creation Feat and it prerequisites:

Feat Name Prerequisites
    Brew Fleshcrafting Poison CL 10th, 5 or more ranks in Craft (alchemy)
    Brew Potion Caster level 3rd
    Craft Construct CL 5th, Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Wondrous Item
    Craft Magic Arms & Armor Caster level 5th
    Craft Ooze Brew Potion, Craft Wondrous Item, Craft (alchemy) 3 ranks, CL 5th
    Craft Rod Caster level 9th
    Craft Staff Caster level 11th
    Craft Wand Caster level 5th
    Craft Wondrous Item Caster level 3rd
    Forge Ring Caster level 7th
    Inscribe Magical Tattoo Craft (calligraphy, paintings, or tattoos) 5 ranks, CL 5th
    Inscribe Rune Caster level 3rd
    Scribe Scroll Caster level 1st

As the chart reveals, this Domain Power would allow immediate access to many of the more popular Item Creation Feats. Others may or may not be accessible depending on the character's existing feats. Keep in mind this only grants Item Creation Feats, not spells or any other requirement to actually make a magic item.

So is this too powerful? Not powerful enough?
    From the Tears of Blood GiTP Forums 2004-09: "20 million dead. Whatcha gonna do with 20 million dead? You can’t bury ‘em, no time or energy to dig the graves. You could chuck ‘em somewhere out of the way. Or you could burn ‘em. But, but what if those things angered someone, or put a bad curse on 'em? Maybe gettin’ rid of ‘em is better. Just a thought. Hey, you could help us!"

3. - Top - End - #3

Zombie

Also consider that by 8th level, a character will have had the opportunity to select 4 feats (5 if human, even more if a dip is taken into Fighter), and another coming online at 9th level. This Domain Power allows access to 7 Item Creation Feats, of which 6 are probably useful (I haven't seen anyone take Inscribe Rune). So there is that. Of course, taking nothing but Item Creation Feats would make the character a "Craftbot."

On the other hand, is there something else that would be a cool power for a Domain called "Creation?" Something more.... mystical?
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 2014-09-16 at 10:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Zombie

Version two. Changed the base ability for the Domain. Added the beginning Granted Power, and changed the 8th level Granted Power. Also tweaked the spell list to all Conjuration (Creation) spells, and tried to stay away as much as possible from spells already in the Artifice Domain.

Creation Domain
    Your expertise at creation grants you a +2 bonus to all Crafting checks, including Spellcraft. This bonus increases by an additional +1 for every 6 levels you possess.

Granted Powers
    Affinity for Creation (Su): You have developed a powerful connection to the forces of creation itself. Cast conjuration (creation) spells at +1 caster level.

Divine Creator (Su): Beginning at 8th level, you gain a Bonus Feat from the list of Item Creation Feats. You must meet any prerequisites for the chosen feat. You receive another bonus feat from the list of Item Creation Feats for every 4 levels after 8th level.

Creation Domain Spells

1 Mage Armor
    2 Fog Cloud
    3 Phantom Steed
    4 Solid Fog
    5 Wall of Stone
    6 Walk Through Space
    7 Mage's Magnificent Mansion
    8 True Creation
    9 Genesis

5. - Top - End - #5

Zombie

Version 3-A:

Creation Domain
    You have developed a powerful connection to the forces of creation itself. Cast conjuration (creation) spells at +1 caster level.

Granted Powers
    Craftmaster (Su): Your expertise at creation grants you a +2 bonus to all Crafting checks, including Spellcraft. This bonus increases by an additional +1 for every 6 levels you possess.

Divine Creator (Su): Beginning at 8th level, you gain a Bonus Feat from the list of Item Creation Feats. You must meet any prerequisites for the chosen feat. You receive another bonus feat from the list of Item Creation Feats for every 4 levels after 8th level.

Creation Domain Spells

1 Mage Armor
    2 Fog Cloud
    3 Phantom Steed
    4 Solid Fog
    5 Wall of Stone
    6 Walk Through Space
    8 True Creation
    9 Genesis
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 2014-09-16 at 02:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Zombie

Version 3-B:

Creation Domain

Granted Powers
    Craftmaster (Su): Your expertise at creation grants you a +2 bonus to all Crafting checks, including Spellcraft. This bonus increases by an additional +1 for every 6 levels you possess.

Divine Creator (Su): Beginning at 6th level, you gain a Bonus Feat from the list of Item Creation Feats. You must meet any prerequisites for the chosen feat. You receive another bonus feat from the list of Item Creation Feats for every 6 levels after 6th level (12th, 18th).

Creation Domain Spells

1 Mage Armor
    2 Fog Cloud
    3 Phantom Steed
    4 Solid Fog
    5 Wall of Stone
    6 Walk Through Space
    8 True Creation
    9 Genesis

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

MonkGuy

Well....should this not be the CRAFT Domain?

Your kind mixing ''creation'' and ''craft''.

Creation-making things out of pure magic, like create water or wall of stone.

Craft-the hard, long work making a physical item by hand.

So what Domain do you want? Creation or Craft?

For example, take Zoe as a cleric of creation. She is all about how her god created things...like the universe. So, can you see her in a workshop just making things? ''My god created the sky and the world...and now I will go make a blanket for a couple days''. Think she would work much better ''creating things out of thin air'' in a tiny way like her god created the universe? That sure sounds much better to me.

Then take Dorn, a cleric of craft. He is all about making things. So, would you see him even having a need for Mage Armor? He will spend a lot of time crafting items, and he does not need a high AC to do that. ''My god is all about making physical items...so now I will hide in a cloud of fog''. Think it would work better if he had more helpful spells that let him create things?

The +1 on creation spells is good for the Creation Domain, but does not fit the Craft Domain good. And you notice some of your Domain spells are not even Conjuration(Creation) spells anyway...

Craftsmaster-It's good for Craft, but not Creation.

Divine Creator-It's fine for Craft, but not Creation.

The power for the Creation Domain should be: Prestidigitation(the can create anything small, effect only) Just think on that one: the power to make Anything. Now that is pure creation.

And for Creations Divine Creator, how about letting them make...animated objects.

And the spell list depends.

Creation should have things like Fabricate.

Craft should not have Mages Mansion.

But if you want to stick with Core, your spells are so limited. Any reason you don't want some of the other spells out there, or even better homebrew a couple?

8. - Top - End - #8

Zombie

Well, I would rather lean toward the "Creation" side of things, rather than just have another form of the Artifice domain. I would also prefer to keep the spells as close to core as possible, or perhaps something homebrewed there too.

I like the emphasis on Conjuration (creation) spells, as that seems a natural fit. Each of the spells on the current list are of that school/type. I see that Prestidigitation is of the Universal school. Fabricate is Transmutation.

Not too sure about animated objects, as that again seems to go down the path of Artificer.

9. - Top - End - #9

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Creation-making things out of pure magic, like create water or wall of stone.

Craft-the hard, long work making a physical item by hand.

Think [this] would work much better ''creating things out of thin air'' in a tiny way like [a] god created the universe? That sure sounds much better to me.

The +1 on creation spells is good for the Creation Domain, but does not fit the Craft Domain good. And you notice some of your Domain spells are not even Conjuration (Creation) spells anyway...
    Sounds good, how about keeping the +1 caster level on Conj (creation) and adding Prestidigitation to the available cantrips?

Also... I went back and double checked, all the Domain spells are Conjuration (Creation) in the Pathfinder rules. I didn't check D&D, but I assumed it was the same.

And for Creations Divine Creator, how about letting them make...animated objects.

And the spell list depends.

Creation should have things like Fabricate.
    Animated objects might be one way to go. Although I suppose it could be argued that without sentience, they are only half "created."

I looked at Fabricate originally, since it sounded perfect from the name. But, Fabricate is Transmutation, and all it does is change something into something else made of the same stuff. It's like the ultimate "transmutation" spell, not really creation, despite it's name. And it doesn't work on creatures.

Craft should not have Mages Mansion.

But if you want to stick with Core, your spells are so limited. Any reason you don't want some of the other spells out there, or even better homebrew a couple?
    Between Mage's "Enclosure," "Mansion," and "Sanctum," Mansion is only one that is Conjuration (creation). I would be open to some homebrew spells, and I did try to find some by searching. Most of the "Creation" domains I found seemed to be re-tooled Artificer domains, or vice-versa.

New version 4: Incomplete

Creation Domain
    You have developed a powerful connection to the forces of creation itself. Cast conjuration (creation) spells at +1 caster level. Further, you add the spell Prestidigitation to your list of available Cantrips.

Granted Powers

Inceptor (Su): Anyone have any ideas?

Evolver (Su): Anyone have any ideas?

Creation Domain Spells

1 Mage Armor - PF Core, Conjuration (creation)
    2 Fog Cloud - PF Core, Conjuration (creation)
    3 Phantom Steed - PF Core, Conjuration (creation)
    4 Solid Fog - PF Core, Conjuration (creation)
    5 Wall of Stone - PF Core, Conjuration (creation)
    6 Walk Through Space - PF Ultimate Combat, Conjuration (creation)
    7 Mage's Magnificent Mansion - PF Core, Conjuration (creation)
    8 True Creation - PF Chronicles Campaign Setting, Conjuration (creation)
    9 Genesis - - PF Core, Conjuration (creation)

New Item:

Echo of Creation
    This small, clear crystal shard is imbued with ancient creative powers, and trembles slightly as if agitated by some distant, unseen force.

This rare crystal is useful only to spell casters, and in particular to divine casters with the Creation domain. It grants any spell caster a +1 bonus to their caster level when casting any spell of the Conjuration (creation) school. When possessed by a divine caster with the Creation domain, its real power is revealed, as it completes a circuit between the caster, the universe, and the power of creation itself.

Anyone have any ideas on how to develop this?

10. - Top - End - #10

Zombie

Creation Domain
    You have developed a powerful connection to the forces of creation itself. Cast conjuration (creation) spells at +1 caster level. Further, you add the spell Prestidigitation to your list of available 0-level spells.

Granted Powers

Creation Domain Spells

New Item:

Echo of Creation
    This small, clear crystal shard is imbued with ancient creative powers, and trembles slightly as if agitated by some distant, unseen force.

This rare crystal is useful only to spell casters, and in particular to divine casters with the Creation domain. It grants any spell caster a +1 bonus to their caster level when casting any spell of the Conjuration (creation) school. When possessed by a divine caster with the Creation domain, its real power is revealed, as it completes a circuit between the caster, the universe, and the power of creation itself. The shard provides a conduit...

Anyone have any ideas on how to develop this?
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 2014-09-19 at 05:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Zombie

Creation Domain
    You have developed a powerful connection to the forces of creation itself. Cast conjuration (creation) spells at +1 caster level. Further, you add the spell Prestidigitation to your list of available 0-level spells.

Granted Powers

How about...

Summon Energy (Sp): You can create bursts of energy to inflict damage on your enemies. The energy must be from the following types: air, fire, cold, electricity, acid, force, or sonic. The energy deals 1d6 damage of the chosen type per two caster levels (minimum 1d6). You must also choose one of the following forms of attack: ranged touch; 5-ft square; emanation (5-ft/2 caster levels burst centered on self); line (5-ft long per caster level; must be at least 4th level to use); cone (5-ft long per 3 caster levels; must be at least 6th level to use); 1 shapeable 5-ft square per 2 caster levels (must be at least 8th level to use, squares must be contiguous); or a burst (5-ft radius per 4 caster levels; must be at least 10th level to use). Unless the attack is a cone, emanation, or line, it must be placed within range of 10-ft + 10-ft per caster level (for burst this applies to its center), and unless it is a ranged touch, a reflex save (DC 10 +1/2 caster level + charisma modifier) is allowed for half damage.

Beginning at 6th level you may instill this energy with greater substance. When using Acid, Air, Force, Cold, or Sonic energy and using any shape other than shapable 5-ft squares, any target that takes damage must also make a Fortitude save or be pushed away from the center of the effect by 5-ft + 5-ft per 2 caster levels. Creatures may apply size modifiers and bonuses to resist this as if resisting a Bull Rush apply to this save.

This power may be used 3 + Charisma modifier times per day.

Summon Creation (Su): Beginning at 8th level, you can create objects and creatures. As a swift action, you can create any creature that a cleric or druid of your level could summon with Summon Monster, Summon Nature's Ally, Summon Stampede or Summon Swarm. As a swift action, you can create any non-magical object up to your size, or any object which could be made with a Major Creation spell with a caster level equal to yours. These creations last for 1 minute at 8th level, 1 hour at 12th level, one day at 16th level, and at 20th level they are permanent. The creation must appear within 30-ft of you and on a surface which can support its weight. The creation can appear in another creature’s hand, or already worn by another creature, but in that case the creature is allowed a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 your caster level + your Charisma modifier) to prevent its creation. Any creature touching an object made with this ability may spend a Standard action to make a Will save to destroy the creation. To create anything forged or mechanical in nature, (including weapons and armor) you must make a Craft check using a Craft skill related to making the item. You may only use this ability a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier plus 1 (minimum 1).
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 2014-09-19 at 08:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

MonkGuy

Summon Energy is a fine power......but does not really fit ''Creation''. Sure your ''creating'' energy....but if all you can do with that energy is ''Attack!'' then that is boring. It's like saying you can create light, but you can't use the light to light up the dark you can only create light in the form of zap pow lasers and murder death kill people.

Your ability..summon energy, is misnamed: it's more Energy Blast. Period.

But what if you did make it Summon Energy....or better: Create Energy. You can create bursts of energy. The energy must be from the following types: air, fire, cold, electricity, acid, force, or sonic. The energy can be added to any other spell the caster has cast. To add to an existing, already cast spell takes a standard action, but using this ability is a swift action when casting a spell. in the form of +2 Caster Level, +20% to one Numerical Effect, making 30% of the spells effect the created energy type or 1d6 damage, casters choice. The spell gains the energy descriptor of the chosen energy. If the spell cast has an energy descriptor that matches the chosen energy and additional +1/10%/10%/1d6 is added. For every two caster levels increase as follows: +1/10%/10%1d6.

The effect only lasts a single round(two if the energy types match). This power may be used 3 + Charisma modifier times per day.

At 6th level, the effect lasts up to three rounds(four if the energy types match) as long as the cast spells duration also lasts that long.

Now see that is Creating energy. And you can do lots and lots and lots with the energy other then just ''do damage''. So using this ability a 1st level cleric could: add +2 caster level to any spell, add +20% to the duration of a spell, 20% to the range of a spell, make a spell 30% of the chosen energy or add 1d6 damage. See all the wonderful choices the character can use to...create things.

Create person or thing looks ok as is. But why not add a tiny bit of spice...like let the cleric add a template to the creature or make masterwork or even magic item?
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2014-09-19 at 10:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Zombie

But what if you did make it Summon Energy....or better: Create Energy. You can create bursts of energy. The energy must be from the following types: air, fire, cold, electricity, acid, force, or sonic. The energy can be added to any other spell the caster has cast. To add to an existing, already cast spell takes a standard action, but using this ability is a swift action when casting a spell. in the form of +2 Caster Level, +20% to one Numerical Effect, making 30% of the spells effect the created energy type or 1d6 damage, casters choice. The spell gains the energy descriptor of the chosen energy. If the spell cast has an energy descriptor that matches the chosen energy and additional +1/10%/10%/1d6 is added. For every two caster levels increase as follows: +1/10%/10%1d6.

The effect only lasts a single round (two if the energy types match). This power may be used 3 + Charisma modifier times per day.

At 6th level, the effect lasts up to three rounds (four if the energy types match) as long as the cast spells duration also lasts that long.

Now see that is Creating energy. And you can do lots and lots and lots with the energy other then just ''do damage''. So using this ability a 1st level cleric could: add +2 caster level to any spell, add +20% to the duration of a spell, 20% to the range of a spell, make a spell 30% of the chosen energy or add 1d6 damage. See all the wonderful choices the character can use to...create things.
    Hmmm.... good ideas. How about a level where the caster can also augment spells cast by others?

Create person or thing looks ok as is. But why not add a tiny bit of spice...like let the cleric add a template to the creature or make masterwork or even magic item?
    More good ideas. I will work on this. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #14

Zombie

Creation Domain

Granted Powers

Genesis Arcanis (Sp): You can create bursts of energy to accompany any spell you cast with a range other than Personal. The energy must be from the following types: air, fire, cold, electricity, acid, force, or sonic. The energy deals 1d6 damage of the chosen type per two caster levels (minimum 1d6). This extra energy has the same characteristics as the parent spell regarding Range, Target(s), Saving throws, etc. The only exception being duration, which is always Instantaneous for the added energy regardless of the parent spell's duration.

Beginning at 4th level, you can begin to affect the parent spell's targeting characteristics. Choose one of the following aiming methods: Ranged touch (ray); 5-ft square; Emanation (5-ft/2 caster levels burst centered on self); Line (5-ft long per caster level; minimum caster level 6); Cone (5-ft long per 3 caster levels; minimum caster level 8); 1 shapeable 5-ft square per 2 caster levels (minimum caster level 10, squares must be contiguous); or a burst (5-ft radius per 4 caster levels; minimum caster level 12). The parent spell's aiming method is replaced by your choice.

Unless the attack is a cone, emanation, or line, it must be placed within range of 10-ft + 10-ft per caster level (for burst this applies to its center), and unless it is a Ranged touch, a reflex save (DC 10 +1/2 caster level + charisma modifier) is allowed for half damage.

Beginning at 6th level you may instill this energy with greater substance. When using Acid, Air, Force, Cold, or Sonic energy and using any shape other than shapable 5-ft squares, any target that takes damage must also make a Fortitude save or be pushed away from the center of the effect by 5-ft + 5-ft per 2 caster levels. Creatures may apply size modifiers and bonuses as if resisting a Bull Rush to this save.

Genesis Creatis (Su): Beginning at 8th level, you can create objects and creatures. As a standard action, you can create any creature that a cleric or druid of your level could summon with any Summon spell. At 12th level you are able to add a +1 template to this creature. At 16th level you can add a +2 template, and at 20th level you can add a +3 template. These are not "Summoned" creatures and so cannot be dismissed.

Also at 8th level, as a Swift action, you can create any non-magical object up to your size, or any object which could be made with a Major Creation by a caster of your level. At 12th level your items become Masterwork quality, at 16th level they become +1 and at 20th level they become +2 (this can be +1 with a +1 ability if desired). These bonuses stack with any additional bonus that may be applied to the item through normal magic item creation rules. To create anything forged or mechanical in nature, (including weapons and armor) you must make a Craft check using a Craft skill related to making that item.

These creations last for 1 minute at 8th level, 1 hour at 12th level, one day at 16th level, and at 20th level they are permanent. The creation must appear within 30-ft of you and on a surface which can support its weight. The creation can appear in another creature’s hand, or already worn by another creature, but in that case the creature is allowed a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 your caster level + your Charisma modifier) to prevent its creation. Any creature touching an object made with this ability may spend a Standard action to make a Will save to destroy the creation.

This power may be used 1 + Charisma modifier times per day.

Creation Domain Spells

Echo of Creation

This rare crystal is useful only to spell casters, and in particular to divine casters with the Creation domain. It grants any spell caster a +1 bonus to their caster level when casting any spell of the Conjuration (creation) school. When possessed by a divine caster with the Creation domain, its real power is revealed, as it completes a circuit between the caster, the universe, and the power of creation itself. The shard provides a conduit...

[still in development]
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 2014-09-20 at 04:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Zombie

The effect only lasts a single round(two if the energy types match). This power may be used 3 + Charisma modifier times per day.

At 6th level, the effect lasts up to three rounds(four if the energy types match) as long as the cast spells duration also lasts that long.

Trying to implement this idea...

Genesis Arcanis (Sp): You can create bursts of energy to accompany any spell you cast with a range other than Personal as a Swift action. The energy must be from the following types: air, fire, cold, electricity, acid, force, or sonic. The energy deals 1d6 damage of the chosen type per two caster levels (minimum 1d6). This extra energy has the same values as the parent spell regarding Range, Target(s), Saving throws, etc. The only exception being duration, which is Instantaneous for the added energy regardless of the parent spell's duration. The parent spell gains the energy descriptor of the chosen energy.

Beginning at 4th level, you are able to add this burst of energy to any spell you have cast, even those already in place. For spells already cast and running, adding this energy is a standard action. To add it to a spell you are casting is a Swift action. If the energy type of the spell matches the energy type you have chosen, the energy lasts for 2 rounds. This duration increases by one round for every 2 caster levels above 4th (3 rounds at 6th, 4 rounds at 10th, etc.), but never more than the maximum duration of the parent spell.

Beginning at 6th level, you are able to create more energy to power your spells. In addition to doing damage, you may choose one of the following alterations: raise caster level by 1, increase one non-damage parameter of the spell by 10 percent, or increase the damage by 10 percent. This boost increases by one step for every 4 levels you have above 6th. For example, at 10th level you can choose +2 caster level, +20 percent to one parameter, or +20 percent damage. At 14th level, this becomes +3/+30/+30, and at 18th level it is +4/+40/+40.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Shadows View Post
    Trying to implement this idea...
    Looks good......see Creation works much better when it does more then ''just damage''.

17. - Top - End - #17

Zombie

Looks good......see Creation works much better when it does more then ''just damage''.
    Not too sure about the 6th level ability. Bumping the caster level up one would increase the range, target, and duration. How would it compare to a 10 percent increase? Would it be more appealing at 20 percent?

Also, what is more balanced starting at 6th level:

increase the range, targets, AND duration by 10 percent

or...

increase the range, targets, OR duration by 10 percent

Seem like it should be OR, since this is replacing Metamagic Feats/Items that do the same thing. Or is there something else it could do?

18. - Top - End - #18

Zombie

More or less final version:
    ==================

Creation Domain

Granted Powers

Genesis Arcanis (Sp): You can augment any spell you cast with a range other than Personal with a burst of energy as a Swift action. The energy must be from the following types: air, fire, cold, electricity, acid, force, or sonic. This energy deals 1d6 damage of the chosen type per two caster levels (minimum 1d6). This extra energy merges with the parent spell and shares its Range, Target(s), Saving throws, etc. The only exception is duration, which is Instantaneous for the added energy regardless of the parent spell's duration. The parent spell gains the energy descriptor of the chosen energy.

Beginning at 4th level, you are able to add energy to any spell you cast, even those already in place. For spells already cast by you with a timed duration, adding energy is a standard action. Adding it to a spell as you cast it is a Swift action. If the energy type of the spell matches your chosen energy type, the added energy lasts for 2 rounds. This duration increases by one round for every 2 caster levels above 4th (3 rounds at 6th, 4 rounds at 10th, etc.), but is never more than the duration of the parent spell.

Beginning at 6th level, you are able to boost your spells even more. Besides adding energy, you may choose one of the following alterations: raise caster level by 1; or increase the range, area of effect, or duration by 10 percent; or increase the damage by 10 percent. This boost increases by one step for every 4 levels you have above 6th (+2/+20% at 10th level; +3/+30% at 14th level; and +4/+40% at 18th level).

Genesis Creatis (Su): Beginning at 8th level, you can create objects and creatures. As a standard action, you can create any creature that a cleric or druid of your level could summon with any Summon spell, with a duration the same as the relevant spell. At 12th level you are able to add a +1 template to this creature. At 16th level you can add a +2 template, and at 20th level you can add a +3 template. These creatures are Created, not Summoned.

Also at 8th level, as a Swift action, you can create any non-magical item up to your size, or any object that could be made with a Major Creation by a wizard of your level (effectively 9th due to +1 bonus). At 12th level your creations are Masterwork, at 16th level they are +1, and at 20th level they are +2 (or +1 with a +1 ability). This bonus stacks with those from normal magic item creation rules. To create anything forged or mechanical in nature (including weapons and armor), you must make a Craft check using a Craft skill related to making that item. These creations last for 1 minute at 8th level, 1 hour at 12th level, one day at 16th level, and are permanent at 20th level. The creation must appear within 30-ft of you and on a surface which can support its weight. It can appear in another creature’s hand, or already worn by another creature, but in that case the creature is allowed a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 your caster level + your Charisma modifier) to prevent its creation. Any creature touching an object made with this ability realizes its origin and may spend a Standard action to make a Will save to destroy the object.

This power may be used 1 + Charisma modifier times per day.

Creation Domain Spells

Echo of Creation

This rare crystal is useful only to spell casters, and in particular to divine casters with the Creation domain. It grants any spell caster a +1 bonus to their caster level when casting any spell of the Conjuration (creation) school. When possessed by a divine caster with the Creation domain, this item grants the following benefits:

• All creatures and objects created by your Genesis Creatis are permanent.
    • Doubles the duration of all Conjuration spells you cast.
    • Grants a +4 bonus to all your Craft checks.
    • Any energy damage you deal can be either lethal, non-lethal, or a mixture of your choice.
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 2014-09-25 at 03:44 PM.