New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar And Other Oddities Questions Thread 5!

Speaking of rilmani - if Bill is True Neutral because he doesn't really care about ethics or morality, while Ted is True Neutral because he cares and wants to actively aid cosmic Balance... do they both have similar experiences after dying? They both become regular petitioners/rilmani/something? Or does the fact that they're the same alignment for opposite reasons count for something on the Outlands? This is assuming they don't worship any gods, and they don't live in Realmspace.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdt2 View Post
    Fair enough . I was thinking more on a thematic level, though, less mechanically. Like, is he more likely to attempt trickery or misdirection, or would he throw wave after wave of minions at him? Since this is basically an audition for being his "lieutenant" (minus being given actual information that could be turned against him, I know he has trust issues after Kas), what sort of quality might he test for?
    I'd imagine Vecna would test for how much of a pushover you were. He does not like independent thinkers anymore. Given the nature of the character, I doubt Vecna would throw any minions at all; it would be utterly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Werephilosopher View Post
    Speaking of rilmani - if Bill is True Neutral because he doesn't really care about ethics or morality, while Ted is True Neutral because he cares and wants to actively aid cosmic Balance... do they both have similar experiences after dying? They both become regular petitioners/rilmani/something? Or does the fact that they're the same alignment for opposite reasons count for something on the Outlands? This is assuming they don't worship any gods, and they don't live in Realmspace.
    They both end up trapped in the Gray, where they slowly decay as their souls find neither solace nor escape. Cause they're from Athas.

Nah, they both end up on the Outlands. No reason they can't both eventually become rilmani, but hey, not everybody does.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

For each of the following categories, which member is most likely to use the phrase "Nothing will happen to you... ever" as a threat?

• Unique fiend
    • Type of non-unique fiend (such as vrock or arcanaloth)
    • General type of undead (such as wraith, wight, or lich)
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    For each of the following categories, which member is most likely to use the phrase "Nothing will happen to you... ever" as a threat?
    That's not a really fiend kind of threat. Demogorgon, I gueeeeessss? He does toss people into the Wells...
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So did takhisis just see tiamat one day hanging out in baator and say she looks cool I'm going to steal how she looks and she can't do anything about it because I'm a greater goddess so ha and Paladine took bahamut cause opposites,is there any canon indicating otherwise?

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Firbolg in the Playground

MonkGirl

How well can Gods 'claim' areas outside of their Divine Realms. Like... a Pantheon wants a 'neutral meeting ground' somewhere in the Outlands; can they carve out a place that is 'theirs' without too much difficulty? How secure would such a place be (compared to their own Divine Realms VS a random chunk of Outer Planes)?

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by animevacker1045 View Post
    So did takhisis just see tiamat one day hanging out in baator and say she looks cool I'm going to steal how she looks and she can't do anything about it because I'm a greater goddess so ha and Paladine took bahamut cause opposites,is there any canon indicating otherwise?
    We're not really clear on why she did that except that it's scary and dragons were the first creatures to come into existence; they might have deliberately chosen to appear like grandiose, godly dragons for that reason. Certainly both Takhisis and Paladine have a lot of forms, names, aliases etc. so it's not as if either of them is just "knockoff Tiamat" or "knockoff Bahamut." Both may also have found inspiration in the fact that the two dragon gods are classic ancient wardens on their respective planes, Bahamut overseeing the lower heavens of Celestia and Tiamat guarding the main gate from Avernus down to Dis.

Quote Originally Posted by Naanomi View Post
    How well can Gods 'claim' areas outside of their Divine Realms. Like... a Pantheon wants a 'neutral meeting ground' somewhere in the Outlands; can they carve out a place that is 'theirs' without too much difficulty? How secure would such a place be (compared to their own Divine Realms VS a random chunk of Outer Planes)?
    Well, I mean, if you've got power and minions, you can muscle your way around, but ultimately the question is who are or will you be confronting? There are definitely powers and pantheons that have set up shop on the Outlands largely uncontested. Obviously one's own divine realm remains the superior choice from a security standpoint.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by animevacker1045 View Post
    This isn't supported by canon: takhisis and paladine were re-skinned tiamat and bahamut for the dragonlance setting. In fact, the names of those two gods in the city of ishtar from one of the old 2nd edition sourcebooks were tiamat and bahamut. What happened however, is that krynn became a weird experimental ground near the end of TSR. They imploded the system with the authorship of dragons of summer flame and then when dnd rights changed hands, they had synthesize all those game worlds into a semi-cohesive system. Because krynn had so many special rules (no-orcs, no planar travel (except for lord soth apparently), no gold etc.) they decided to keep tiamat and bahamut separate. At least, that is the impression that I got.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I've been consulting the Mimir, and found something about Quasielemental planes. Is this fanon or canon?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been thinking about your posts chronicling the Beastlands, which were awesome by the way, and I've been interested in the Mortai. I've looked them up in the Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes, but I was hoping to find out more.

Are the Mortai found on all three levels of the Beastlands?

If so, can they and would they move from one level to another?

Are they found in other planes?

You said in a previous question about them that they might have something to do with the ban on magical flight in the Beastlands, that this meant they would probably shut down people violating their airspace, and that they could cause air and weather magic to fail. These three things are the parts that make me want to use them in my game, but they aren't in their old monster entry. Where did this come from? Are they in another book or adventure you could point me towards?

I'd be interested in your thoughts about them too. I saw that you used them a bit in some posts from 2008... I'm definitely hoping to work up a better mental image than a zappy cloud bard!
    Last edited by Bronk; 2015-03-31 at 08:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    So, I've been consulting the Mimir, and found something about Quasielemental planes. Is this fanon or canon?
    Fanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    I've been thinking about your posts chronicling the Beastlands, which were awesome by the way, and I've been interested in the Mortai. I've looked them up in the Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes, but I was hoping to find out more.
    Too bad, that's basically the source on them.

Are the Mortai found on all three levels of the Beastlands?
    Presumably.

If so, can they and would they move from one level to another?
    Unknown. Probably some would.

Are they found in other planes?
    No.

You said in a previous question about them that they might have something to do with the ban on magical flight in the Beastlands, that this meant they would probably shut down people violating their airspace, and that they could cause air and weather magic to fail. These three things are the parts that make me want to use them in my game, but they aren't in their old monster entry.
    Yes, they're theory-type fluff elements presented in another Planescape book, hence "might." What I said is all that was there. It's merely a plot hook for you to expand on.

I'd be interested in your thoughts about them too. I saw that you used them a bit in some posts from 2008... I'm definitely hoping to work up a better mental image than a zappy cloud bard!
    They're giant faces that appear in equally giant clouds. "Bard" is not a word I would use to describe them. What thoughts were you looking for, specifically?

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    They're giant faces that appear in equally giant clouds. "Bard" is not a word I would use to describe them. What thoughts were you looking for, specifically?
    Thanks for the info! The bard thing... without knowing their background, they look a lot like chatty gossip hounds that like people and can know anything, sort of like bardic knowledge, only better. With their background, they look a lot more ominous.

I've used the Beastlands in my game already, and by happy chance I haven't contradicted the flight ban despite not realizing that was a thing at the time. However, I'm looking ahead and I'm going to be hiding plot elements on moons in the plane's sky. I want to introduce the Mortai, then have them be offended that the PCs will be in their sky and get in their way. I also want to misdirect the players, so that they might try for the visible moons on the night level when they really need to find a non-visible moon on the day level. In that case, if the Mortai communicate with each other from different levels (through magic or travel) the locals might be forewarned.

What I'm looking for in particular are ideas about what they can do to tap into and extend the Beastland's natural flight ban to natural fliers, and perhaps augment it to a dimensional lock for a more harrowing experience. At the very least the players can be followed up for five miles of ligtning strikes.

I don't know, should I just go with the 'perhaps they're quasi deity's' idea? In your Beastland description, air and weather magic is banned, but presumably not for the Mortai, since that's their thing, so that might be a connection. Is there any Afrocannon surrounding these guys?

13. - Top - End - #1333

MonkGirl

Did the Temporal Prime come into existence with the current multiverse, or does it transcend' it to exist before (and after?).

Like... Can one at least in theory follow the LeShay timeline back into the old multiverse? Or could a terrifying something from that previous creation time-surf forward to the 'present reality'?

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, but, how do the rules/covenant against direct divine intervention that is in effect in worlds like Oerth and others apply to Demiplanes?

If Lolth is pissed with a wizard but she can't directly kill him because of rules, can she wait until he's exploring a Demiplane and ambush him there?

What about Inner, Outer and Transitional Planes? Can a pissed god ambush a mortal when said mortal is touring the Plane of Elemental Air or the Astral?

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Where do the Vrill sit in relation to the other True Neutral Outsiders? I'd never even heard of these guys until the other day...

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there any location in the Abyss where the armies of natives are mindlessly fighting an slaying each other?. I mean, not because they are serving the schemes of some Archfiend or evil deity, just going crazy and killing each other, kind of like evil Ysgard?
    Last edited by Clistenes; 2015-04-03 at 04:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    What I'm looking for in particular are ideas about what they can do to tap into and extend the Beastland's natural flight ban to natural fliers
    That doesn't sound like a thing the plane would do, given, you know... bats. Birds. Bugs.

Is there any Afrocannon surrounding these guys?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Naanomi View Post
    Did the Temporal Prime come into existence with the current multiverse, or does it transcend' it to exist before (and after?).
    We have no metric for knowing. It's like asking "how long is long" without providing the requisite context. Temporal Prime does not have a timeline of its own, or if it does such a timeline has never been discovered and would likely be extraordinarily dangerous to even approach, let alone attempt to travel. Given its properties, I'm inclined to say it does not.

Like... Can one at least in theory follow the LeShay timeline back into the old multiverse? Or could a terrifying something from that previous creation time-surf forward to the 'present reality'?
    Certain timelines of sufficient age become near-impossible to navigate beyond certain relatively proximate time jumps, owing to how any contact with them at all at a certain point is likely to be so immensely disruptive as to have effects on a scale that could severely damage multiversal reality. I would expect that the timelines of the leShay demonstrate this property. Fortunately for the present multiverse, nothing so terrifying and antediluvian has yet demonstrated the capacity to enter Temporal Prime safely, let alone to navigate timestreams.

Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clistenes View Post
    I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, but, how do the rules/covenant against direct divine intervention that is in effect in worlds like Oerth and others apply to Demiplanes?
    We don't know, but the long and the short of it is that at the end of the day, gods just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Where do the Vrill sit in relation to the other True Neutral Outsiders? I'd never even heard of these guys until the other day...
    They don't. The vrill and the stellar devas are a poor incompetent author's attempt to do some space alien elements using Outsider as a creature type, which is why stellar devas are celestials... who don't match up with what celestials are or do. We don't know what plane the vrill are from, but chances are it's either the Ethereal, the Astral or (most likely) the Outlands.

Is there any location in the Abyss where the armies of natives are mindlessly fighting an slaying each other?. I mean, not because they are serving the schemes of some Archfiend or evil deity, just going crazy and killing each other, kind of like evil Ysgard?
    I would expect that there would have to be. Likely many, many, many more than one.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Can a weaker deity hide its Godly Realm from another of higher rank? For example, Kyuss hiding his Godly Realm from Pelor?

A weaker deity can't hide from the Remote Sensing or Portafolio Sense of a stronger one, but those only apply to places under the purview of the other deity (the Planes where it's worshipped or where it has influence), and I would expect that the Godly Realm of a god is under its exclusive purview.

Meaning that nothing in Kyuss's Godly Realm would belong to Pelor's purview and the latter wouldn't be able to perceive it or anything inside it.

As for regular spells, even mortals can block those.

So, am I right? Could a Demigod hide the location of its Godly Realm from a Greater God?

So in one of my (epic) campaigns, a player has been attempting to ascend to godhood (due to various reasons, he basically already is one, but he lacks divine power and wants to steal some by force). This character has, for misguided reasons, decided that Vecna's realm on Oerth is ripe for the taking. Naturally, he will fail, but what sort of defense might Vecna send against him, and what does his realm look like? I'm operating under the assumption that Vecna will put up at least a token defense, as he is interested by the player's plan and wishes to test him and possibly use him. For what it's worth, the player is a 30th level wizard//psion demilich.
    I think Vecna would try to kill that monstruosity before it kills him and steals his job... I mean, that thing must be around CR 38, and and even Vecna was just CR 42 before becoming a deity...and I dread to think what kind of overpowered build your player has brewed (Cerebremancer, maybe?).

Hell, if you have allowed him Epic Spellcasting he may already be able to kill Vecna...

What have you been throwing at him until now? Abominations? Epic Dragons? Archfiends? Chuck Norris?
    Last edited by Clistenes; 2015-04-05 at 04:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Barbarian in the Playground

Does the Void have a place in the Great Wheel cosmology?

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

Can a weaker deity hide its Godly Realm from another of higher rank? For example, Kyuss hiding his Godly Realm from Pelor?
    From conventional divine sensing? Sure, but I'd expect a god strong enough can devise measures to defeat such occlusions if necessary, at least to the point of locating the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Werephilosopher View Post
    Does the Void have a place in the Great Wheel cosmology?
    Yup. What specifically it is, we can't be sure, but odds are good that it's some form of intraelemental medium.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Is there some sort of a greater power (god, demon, or otherwise) that is related to (or would benefit from) turning a HUGE quantity of the population into Wights? I'm just curious. I had an idea for a campaign, but I need a really powerful guy who would actually want to have Wights everywhere. And I can't find any that would.

22. - Top - End - #1342

Is there any particular faction in the Spelljammer setting that would be overly concerned about the introduction of magical mecha to the spaceways?

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

Can a Demon Lord use the Morphic trait of the Abyssal Layer it controls to make the terrain rich in gems and precious metals? (same for Baator's Archdukes).

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I think Vecna would try to kill that monstruosity before it kills him and steals his job... I mean, that thing must be around CR 38, and and even Vecna was just CR 42 before becoming a deity...and I dread to think what kind of overpowered build your player has brewed (Cerebremancer, maybe?).

Hell, if you have allowed him Epic Spellcasting he may already be able to kill Vecna...

What have you been throwing at him until now? Abominations? Epic Dragons? Archfiends? Chuck Norris?
    Admittedly, it has been difficult attempting to find any real challenges for him. He's actually been relatively tame in his build; no epic casting whatsoever, abjuration and psychokinesis specialist. His biggest abuses have been temporal; he found and utilized a few fast-time planes. He ended up taking this epic prestige class.

I've been throwing NPCs at him mostly, with levels in other epic PrC's from the homebrew project his class came from. 9 Drow Matriarchs and Lords, a few epic dragons, an atropal, a fallen archangel.

That said, after speaking with my player he has decided that Vecna is a poor choice of target. Instead, he's decided to try and seek out someone to teach him how to steal divine power. To that end, he wants to try and make a deal with an archdevil. I figure Bel is the most likely to make a deal if he thinks the PC could help tip the balance of the Blood War in Hell's favor. Since the PC is actually from a different cosmology and traveled here via the Shadow Plane, he's a bit of a wild card when it comes to Great Wheel politics, and virtually unknown. As such, he could potentially make a sneak attack against certain (non-deific) entities. I was thinking that he should attempt to redirect the flow of artifacts and weapons that the Upper Planes sometimes send to the Lower in order to keep the Blood War going. Is there any information on which entities are generally responsible for that sort of thing, or is it vague on that point? In the latter case, would it be safe to say that Morwel, The Queen of Stars, would/could be involved, or at least have a store of powerful artifacts she keeps out of reach of Evil? I ask because based on her stats, I think with a little reworking, her and her consorts could make a fun encounter against him. Thoughts?
    When in doubt, homebrew.
    If that doesn't work, use more homebrew.

Need more homebrew? Check out my Extended Homebrewer's Signature!

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking that he should attempt to redirect the flow of artifacts and weapons that the Upper Planes sometimes send to the Lower in order to keep the Blood War going. Is there any information on which entities are generally responsible for that sort of thing, or is it vague on that point? In the latter case, would it be safe to say that Morwel, The Queen of Stars, would/could be involved, or at least have a store of powerful artifacts she keeps out of reach of Evil? I ask because based on her stats, I think with a little reworking, her and her consorts could make a fun encounter against him. Thoughts?
    It was an initiative of Koe, an Asura guy who lives in Sigil. The other Asuras didn't like his idea, so he left the host and moved to Sigil, where he sook like-minded folk to put his plan into motion. He is in Uncaged: Faces of Sigil.

It's funny, because the Asuras are chaotic, rogue Archons, and that guy is a rogue Asura in turn, so he's like a double rebel.

I think it was later said that other good factions (mostly Powers) do the same.
    Last edited by Clistenes; 2015-04-08 at 12:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral_Being View Post
    Is there some sort of a greater power (god, demon, or otherwise) that is related to (or would benefit from) turning a HUGE quantity of the population into Wights? I'm just curious.
    Well, in the general sense, anyone whose portfolio involves undeath would stand to profit, conceivably. Orcus, for instance. There is no god of wights, though.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Is there any particular faction in the Spelljammer setting that would be overly concerned about the introduction of magical mecha to the spaceways?
    I would imagine most factions would take notice of that. Especially given that elves were using "mecha" in the Second Unhuman Wars.

Can a Demon Lord use the Morphic trait of the Abyssal Layer it controls to make the terrain rich in gems and precious metals? (same for Baator's Archdukes).
    Yes and no. The traits of the plane that would infuse such materials would likely render them useless for the general magical purposes to which such materials are often applied. Not to mention attempts to forcibly emulate them would involve more time and power expenditure to radically alter the conventional building blocks of the layer and reconstitute far more complex components. Now the corollary to that is: it has been done. Baatorian greensteel, for instance, is a valuable metal mined from infernal layers. Many other valuable treasures lurk deep in the soil of the Lower Planes, if one has the means and the courage to pursue them.

virtually unknown.
    At that level, nobody's "virtually unknown."

Is there any information on which entities are generally responsible for that sort of thing,
    There is not.

would it be safe to say that Morwel, The Queen of Stars... or at least have a store of powerful artifacts she keeps out of reach of Evil?
    One would expect so of any celestial paragon.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2015-04-10 at 10:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

In previous incarnations of this thread, you've been rather clear on the fact that (A) it's impossible for phlogiston to enter a crystal sphere, naturally or otherwise, and (B) you cannot teleport or plane shift into the phlogiston. However, I just finished the Cloakmaster Cycle, and in the last book,

Spoiler: In case anyone ever wants to read the Cloakmaster Cycle un-spoiled
    Show
    it's revealed that the Broken Sphere was broken by the phlogiston getting inside:

Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Helm, ch.31
    The Spelljammer sang. The portal widened, and the great ship sailed to freedom through the gateway, into the endless, eternal Rainbow Ocean.

But no one had ever before been outside, into the phlogiston. No one knew that if the gateway were left open too wide for too long, the phlogiston would pour inside, into wildspace, and be sucked into the sun, there to explode.

The Spelljammer was only minutes outside Ouiyan when the crystal shell exploded. The ship screamed and wept at the same time as it felt the worlds, the peoples, of its birth die in an all-consuming blast that cracked the crystal sphere and sent black shards hurtling into the flow.
    ...and at one point when the Fool's phylactery is broken his glabrezu patron Mowg opens up a gate into the Spelljammer while it's in the phlogiston:

Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Helm, ch.32
    With an explosion of scarlet energies, the amulet burst. The Cloakmaster stepped away as crimson smoke erupted in a widening circle in the floor. A storm of orange and black smoke, streams of magical fire and raw power, shone through the widening circle of light to cast its deep red glow upon the Fool's horrified countenance.

The circle of flame fluctuated, widened, flaring brilliantly with extraplanar energies, then a great shadow eclipsed the light blazing from the fiery, otherworldly plane. One great, clawed hand reached out from somewhere unreal, somewhere unimagined on the plane of the groundlings, and into our universe from its own.

The Fool screamed, "Nooooooo!"

The fiendish being was more than twice Teldin's size, and it stepped from its own funereal plane into the adytum, glowing, scarlet smoke trailing in its wake.

So, were those one-off things because the Spelljammer is special (and its insides don't count as being in the phlogiston or something), or rules-breaking plot contrivances, or something else?
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

At that level, nobody's "virtually unknown."
    Really? He's only been in the Great Wheel for about 5 minutes (after traveling from a cosmology which has only been connected to Shadow for about a year) and has done literally nothing yet except write down what his surroundings look like in his journal. I'm certain there are entities which are aware of his presence, even his motivation and powers, but there's no way that information could have spread quickly enough that he's a well-known entity.

There is not.
    One would expect so of any celestial paragon.
    Unfortunate there aren't any details, but not surprising. Do you have any suggestions as to what artifacts Morwel or any other celestial paragons might have, specifically? Based off canon if possible, but purely made up is good too.
    When in doubt, homebrew.
    If that doesn't work, use more homebrew.

Need more homebrew? Check out my Extended Homebrewer's Signature!

29. - Top - End - #1349

I would imagine most factions would take notice of that. Especially given that elves were using "mecha" in the Second Unhuman Wars.

Thoughts on how I, as the DM, could differentiate the mechs I intend to introduce from these past mechs so the confusion between the two by the denizens of the Spelljammer setting is minimal?

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Pixie in the Playground

What is the elemental plane of water like physically? Is there a natural light source? - Sunlight doesn't penetrate ocean water past about 200m irl but this is D&D so...
    Is it an infinite expanse of water with no top and bottom, or is there a "sea floor" and "surface"?
    If you plane shifted a ship over to the elemental plane of water, would you have a really really bad time? If you knew where some elemental air was or brought some with you somehow, could you sail around on the inside of a giant air bubble?
    If you're popping over to the elemental plane of water for a quick swim, would you have to find some protection from being crushed to death by the water pressure as well as from drowning or getting eaten by a kraken?

Thanks