New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Stacking Buffs

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Question Stacking Buffs

I can't seem to find this in the book, can someone reassure me that a character can benefit from enhancement bonuses to two different stats at the same time?

Relevant example, a character who is under the effects of Bull's Strength and Cat's Grace simultaneously.

Thanks
    Jenn

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Stacking Buffs

You can benefit from as many bonuses as you want, but you cannot get the same type of bonus to the same thing (Gauntlets of Ogre Power + Bull's Strength is only +4)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    You can benefit from as many bonuses as you want, but you cannot get the same type of bonus to the same thing (Gauntlets of Ogre Power + Bull's Strength is only +4)
    Thanks for clearing that up, Keledrath! We are aware of the inability to stack same-type bonuses (boni? ) and were just wondering if this was stat specific or stat-block wide.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Specific. And this is universal. Stats, saves, attack, damage, skills, everything.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Off topic but since you're here and in a helpful mood, how do you determine what caster level a wand you buy was made at? Let's say I want to buy a wand of Magic Missile from my local magic mart. This is relevant for how many missiles will it fire or length of effect for duration spells.

Thanks in advance (again!)
    Jenn

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Wands are typically at minimum CL. The price for wands of different CLs is on the table on page 246 of the DMG. Specifically for Magic Missile at every odd CL and Fireball/Call Lightning at every CL from 5-10. There are also others, but most everything is there.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.