New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XI: The Menu's Made Up and the Drinks Don't Matter

Mist sighs, laying his head on one hand as he looks out a window.
    "I just wish I could have brought some of my stuff over. I lost all my stuff." he says, obviously not bringing up the "and I also can't ever see my family ever again."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

"So did I," Aiden says. "Well, that's not entirely true. I still have my old notebook, but that's pretty much useless now." He could definitely go without his parents, but that also goes unmentioned.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mmm" hums Mist, as he reaches behind the counter to do what he always does when he feels homesick. He fetches his flute, and softly plays a tune, from a game he bought with his allowance a long time ago, completely ignoring the obvious logistical problem of someone with a muzzle using such an instrument.

4. - Top - End - #274

Aiden listens to the song. He probably has different Kirby memories than Mist, mainly the fact that this game was one of the ones he brought with him when he ran away from home. His face grows unreadable for a moment.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Eventually Mist sets the flute down on the bar's counter.
    "Ah, I needed that. Hope you don't mind me getting all artsy on you all of a sudden, Aiden." he says with a smile.

6. - Top - End - #276

"As long as you don't mind me getting pathetically romantic," Aiden says. "Oh who am I kidding, everybody minds me doing that."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

"What? No, no one minds that you have a thing for long hair and pale skin, Aiden. You're fine." says Mist with a smile.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-10-29 at 11:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

Aiden actualy chuckles a bit at that. "Well, no, but she is pretty singular in that regard."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist shrugs. "Well, regardless, I'm not judging." he says simply, stopping to fetch some water for himself.

10. - Top - End - #280

"Oh good, I though I was getting weird about the whole thing." Aiden, you dated a vampire and you're still not over her. That's already pretty weird.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nothing weird at all with having feelings for a very sweet member of the undead, Aiden. Not weird at all." says Mist in a completely innocent tone. Not even a smile gives him away!

12. - Top - End - #282

"I-" Aiden just sighs again. There wasn't any getting around it was there? "I hope I'm not too obvious around her," he says. He has no idea what he'd do if Naku found out about this. Or what Naku would do, for that matter.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-10-30 at 12:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist smiles. "Oh, you totally are, but don't worry. She's clueless about that sort of thing generally."

14. - Top - End - #284

"Oh, I'm sure she'll find out one day. And then she'll... I dunno. Tease me about it or something." Aiden's not very good at properly imagining doomsday scenarios like this one.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

A man walks into the place dressed in what seems to be a heavy brown trenchcoat. It covers most of his body, and keeps his thin frame hidden. He walks up to the counter and sits down, his eyes a bit glazed over. Caius sits, his mouth slightly agape. He looks towards the bar and speak, his voice weak and distant. There's numerous scratches on his fist, obviously recently cut from some sort of glass. "Strong. Something strong, please." He doesn't move his head to the side at all, seeming to stare forward into space without looking back.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

"Probably, although it might take her a bit to process it."
    Mist says, but his chuckling is interrupted by New Guy.
    Mist frowns and slides the man a shot of hard liquor.

17. - Top - End - #287

"Yeah, I suppose so." Then someone new shows up, and Aiden already has a pretty low opinion. People specifically looking to get drunk usually aren't fun to be around when that happens.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Caius watches the bottle slide towards him, watching a little bit of the liquid splash out the side. He'll stare at it blankly for a few seconds, watching the liquid in the shot slosh about. He hadn't drunk in a very long time. Finally, after what seems to be an eternity, he grabs the glass, holding it up and taking a long drink of it. As he sets it back down to the ground, he leaves his hand on the empty glass, closing his eyes and feeling the familiar taste wash through him. He'd need more of it. Caius closes his eyes, leaving them off as he takes a moment to breath, just breath. He needed to remember to breath.

He'll speak again, his voice unchanged, opening his eyes to stare again towards Mist. His eyes were so dull, like a panel of foggy glass was between the strange and the bartender.

"Again."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist sighs and gives him one more.
    "This isn't the place to drown yourself, sir. After that if you want to feel better I'd suggest getting a room and lying down."

Cutting someone off after two drinks might seem lame, but this guy does not look like he's in a healthy mental state. And what does Mist care? He's the owner.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist sighs and gives him one more.
    "This isn't the place to drown yourself, sir. After that if you want to feel better I'd suggest getting a room and lying down."

Cutting someone off after two drinks might seem lame, but this guy does not look like he's in healthy mental state. And what does Mist care? He's the owner.
    The man stares at the second drink passed off to him, looking for a second like he's about to crack. He came here for a drink, lots of drinks, just something to forget it all for a tiny bit. Now, he couldn't even have that. The look is quickly gone, replaced once more by the neutral features of his fairly average looking face. He stares into the drink again, shuddering as he contemplates what had just occurred thirty minutes ago. He'll grip the glass and down it, shivering as the cold liquid finds it's way down his throat. Caius speaks to Mist again now. "I have money to afford it. Just... Just let me have this." He doesn't even look straight at Mist, his eyes somewhere off in the distance.

21. - Top - End - #291

Aiden just grabs his notebook and leafs through it, trying to avoid anything resembling a conversation with this man.

In an unspecified later time, Vemnon the Asura comes walking into the DFI.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist isn't very good at self discipline.
    "Fine. You get to go for three. But that is it, sir. You look like you need some real help, not a hangover." he says, grumpily setting a glass down.

---

Mist waves to the goblin-thing. "Hello Vemnon. Made it big yet?" asks Mist cheerily, somehow remembering the name of the fellow he talked to once.

23. - Top - End - #293

Vemnon waves right back and laughs at Mist's joke. "I"m afraid not, Mist." Hey, he remembered that barkeep's name. "I've traveled a bit, visited the cities. Everything's so spontaneous around here!" He can't avoid using big words, even though he doesn't like them much.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist isn't very good at self discipline.
    "Fine. You get to go for three. But that is it, sir. You look like you need some real help, not a hangover." he says, grumpily setting a glass down.
    He'll finish his drink, the third downed beginning to have an effect on him. He doesn't slur his words just yet, but he's starting to sway a bit, his body slouching against the bar end. He doesn't look forward now, but does speak. "If I needed help I'd get it." After that, he'll reach into a pocket and pull out enough money to afford the drinks and tip. He doesn't appear to be wanting to move, however.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fine. No one is forcing the man to move, least of all Mist.
    ---

Mist chuckles.
    "Yeah, that's how it is in a lot of places. Been doing alright though? I know it can be jarring the first few months." he says, reminiscing a bit.

26. - Top - End - #296

"Oh, I'm quite all right," Vemnon says. Truth be told, the Nexus wasn't all that jarring to him. The technology of the future is very interesting to him, in fact. "Though I will admit, I hit a financial barrier soon after I arrived. Most of my money is back home with the bank."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fine. No one is forcing the man to move, least of all Mist.
    ---

Mist chuckles.
    "Yeah, that's how it is in a lot of places. Been doing alright though? I know it can be jarring the first few months." he says, reminiscing a bit.
    After running a hand through his hair a few times, he'll stare at the counter, feeling it's course texture against his calloused hands. He speaks to Mist again, only a slight bit of annoyance in his tone. "What else do you have, if drinks aren't being sold." Caius doesn't look at the man he's addressing when he speaks, an odd thing for anyone.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist frowns. "I'm sorry to hear that, Vemnon. Any luck finding a job? " he asks. He thinks he remembers Vemnon mentioning exploring or something?

---

Mist sighs.
    "We have fruit, bread, toast, pastries, assorted soft drinks, and a few other things that I can make since we're currently missing a cook." he responds to the man.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist frowns. "I'm sorry to hear that, Vemnon. Any luck finding a job? " he asks. He thinks he remembers Vemnon mentioning exploring or something?

---

Mist sighs.
    "We have fruit, bread, toast, pastries, assorted soft drinks, and a few other things that I can make since we're currently missing a cook." he responds to the man.
    Caius doesn't quite know what to ask for, especially now that he's beginning to feel a little bit tipsy. Due to his superhuman nature, getting drunk required a lot more drink than expected. He'll bring his hands to his face, pausing for a second before replying to the man behind the counter. "Um, yes. Something to eat would be great. Something hot."

30. - Top - End - #300

"I'm afraid not," Vemnon says. "Everyone sees my armor and tries to hire me as an adventurer, and I'd like to branch out. I mean, I do happen to be quite the chef as well." Subtle.