1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 60

[Suburbs]

Grunt 2's pants get set on fire.

Poor Grunt 2.

<Here we go!> Fortuna yells as the whole party begins flickering-

Right as the machine explodes.

Fortuna gives a cry of dismay, Henry a whoop of excitement, and the Grunt with a groan of pain since he got his groin set ablaze.

A roiling wave of shadow races over the whole city block, disturbing the dreams of those sleeping with visions of gloom and violence, but otherwise having no real effect. At least, not on the human population.

When the pulse of darkness ends our heroes are nowhere to be seen.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

They're higher, but yet the same?
    I guess you mean that she's otherwise the same. "As I expected! Your hormone levels are higher! Are you comfortable with this Clara?" The doctor exclaims as he turns to look at her.
    Clara nods and smiles as she says, "Yeah, I'm fine. Better than ever, even. When can I make an appointment for the next transfusion?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside Chadwick's Temple

Arty will find the back entrance eventually and with a push the door opens before him. The passage is small but should be large enough to accompany the centaur. He can smell the faint scent of smoke from the inside however, something he couldn't smell before.

[Devil's Charm Hospital]

The doctor grins widely at her question. "We could make it now if you like. Your body is responding much better than expected to the treatment!"
    This gets him a stare from the warforged, but it doesn't comment.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

[Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara smiles and says, "Really? Great! Let's do it!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Chadwick's Temple

Arty wrinkles his nose at the smell of smoke. He hadn't seen any smoke as he entered so he doubts Radu set the place ablaze. Still, he's getting a bad thing; better hurry.
    Arty trots down the passage as quickly as he dares.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Statue of Vyrn]

"Yes!" Obriane exclaims. Kitty was crazy and silly! Though some part of her just wanted to laugh at it all but she didn't want to look even more awkward than she already did, standing here in a fright screaming at people.
    [The Statue of Vyrn]

Kitty laughs. "Okay, okay. Hold on." Kitty head bobs up and then the rest of her comes swinging down through the window! She lands gracefully, rising to her feet to face Obriane with a confident smile. It's almost as if she couldn't have easily plummeted to her death from this high up.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

[General]

After Evolution Industries' announcement of its split from VIGIL, a document entitled 'Bloody-Handed Mercy' begins distribution through various sources. In it, the former Watchtower and VIGIL leader details a number of acts he views as misguided or outright vile, including the sheltering of a particular past apocalypse enthusiast by GLoG and the protection Magtok gave him, and the brainwashing of various innocent victims by Magtok to protect himself from retaliation for his actions in defending the doom-cat.

DC calls for the total boycott of the League and MagCorp on these grounds, and for the removal of Magtok from the VIGIL Organization on grounds of having unrepentantly violated one of its founding organizations' core principles in defending what he describes as a known apocalypse threat. He cites that Magtok had actually gone and asked Watchtower to do it in the first place and in this act, betrayed them. Following this, he says, Magtok should ideally be brought to justice for his actions, the methods of which are, perhaps deliberately, left vague on the psychic's part. As for GLoG, he merely calls for a public condemnation of Reinholdt and his actions, stating that the League's crime is mainly one of extreme stupidity, and stupidity is hardly punishable with worse than that.

The distribution of the document is done in various media formats as well as printed form in order to spread it to as many people as possible.

A passage at the end of the document stands out.

'I am as complicit in the perpetuation of this apologism as any. I was once a member of GLoG, and I let Magtok into VIGIL in the name of increasing the power available to the group. But no longer shall politics get in the way of what is right. I will act on that, and not in the name of appeasing anyone, not Magtok, nor GLoG, nor even those at VIGIL that I still respect.

This game of excuses and betrayals has to end, and I have been a fool to excuse it as much as I have for so long.
    '
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Statue of Vyrn]

"I guess you're right, it is pretty dang high." Kitty looks down at the ground far below. "Do you want me to come down?" She asks with a silly smile.

[Pokémon Center]

"Well you should go back and give it a try. If you screw up you just gotta try again. It's the only way to do it." Becca declares. She puts her hand in her bag and pulls out a Pokeball. "Here, have this. Now you'll have two chances."

((I know we'd planned to do more in this scene, but I think we should wrap it up in the next couple posts. I'm trying to cut down on my scenes, and I think we've reached a good ending point.))
    [Pokémon Center]

((I already thought this scene falls under the cutdown. Sad, now I don't know what to do with Vis since SelfRP cathing Pokemon is boring and I suck at it. I already thought off a way to split them and give my char a direction to go.))

"Oh cool, thanks." Vis says as he takes the pokeball. "I would have bought some, but you know there isn't a Shop in here." ((Assuming it's the first gens pokemon center. also this way he might be directed to mallside.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "How long has she been doing that?" Magtok wonders. He imagines it could get very tiring, especially since the answer will almost certainly be the same every time. On top of that, even if Reinholdt came back, Magtok can't see that loathsome feline ever stepping in to raise any of these kids he's fathered. The cat wouldn't have had the kids in the first place if not for the guarantee that he'd never have to deal with them himself.
    [COLOR=DARKORCHID]Ever since she learned of the word. She's trying to figure out what Dada is, I think. She's already learned it's not an object, though. Dang, was that tiring.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara smiles and says, "Really? Great! Let's do it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Chadwick's Temple

Arty wrinkles his nose at the smell of smoke. He hadn't seen any smoke as he entered so he doubts Radu set the place ablaze. Still, he's getting a bad thing; better hurry.
    Arty trots down the passage as quickly as he dares.
    [The Statue of Vyrn]

Kitty laughs. "Okay, okay. Hold on." Kitty head bobs up and then the rest of her comes swinging down through the window! She lands gracefully, rising to her feet to face Obriane with a confident smile. It's almost as if she couldn't have easily plummeted to her death from this high up.
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara sure seemed excited about the prospect. "Greatness!" The doctor says with a wide grin as he once again turns to the warforged. "Give her the same dosage again, her body seem to adapt better than expected to the treatment."
    "Very. Well." The warforged replies without protesting and has soon produced another syringe filled with fiend blood.
    "Take the other arm this time!" He instructs as the nurse slowly inserts the needle and injects Clara. Let's see what changes that occur this time.

Chadwick's Temple

It's completely dark inside the passage as someone has neglected to lit the lanterns here. Arty have to attempt to navigate through it blindly (unless he has night vision? I got the impression your centaurs didn't have that though.) This will lead him into bumping into someone so the question about darkvision is important here!

[The Statue of Vyrn]

Obriane sigh in relief as Kitty lands safe and sound and attempts to give Kitty a hug. "Don't do that!" She exclaims out of shock with no real firmness behind her words. "You're gonna give me a scare!"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Park Park

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Nick shakes his head.
    "She's been stunned by a phaser; she'll be fine in a few minutes. I'm no medic, but I've got a few supplies on me. Do you need anything? What were you two doing here, anyway? Who were those guys?"
    Now that they're out of the fire, he can ask the non-critical questions.
    Steve shakes his head and coughs weakly

We were studying physical dimensions and the interaction of Fortuna's chaos magic with the Portable Impossibility Excluder.

He gestures to a small, disk-shaped device lying on the ground and looking decidedly broken now.

From what she said, these suited goons had troubled her earlier when she was using this park's natural order in an attempt to modify her aura before she came to my lab with a salesman from Derrek Avery's.

Steve is a little fuzzy on the details of that part. Then again, he's feeling a little confused overall. He frowns and shakes his head

We came back with armed guards this time... but they came back and brought electrolasers. They shot me with a poison dart! And they have copies of my device! My lab hasn't made that many, and several of the older prototypes barely even work... they must have stolen the designs somehow.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-09-23 at 07:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Park Park

"She's got some pretty awful luck when it comes to fieldwork. At least last time she was in serious trouble she liked the resulting chain of events.
    To be fair, as scary as being messed with by Libra could be, it did result in her ending up as more than friends with Nick, and she certainly seems to be happy as TGDOW.
    Anyway, I can't help you when it comes to your corporate espionage. Do you have a safe place you can go that no one from work knows about? Geneva and I know a few if you don't. Especially since you should get those injuries looked at." he says, punching a code into his communicator to call a car.

Chadwick's Temple

Arty can't see better than a human in the dark, since I can't think of a reason why a centaur would. Minotaurs, sure, inhuman eyes and they live in mazes, but not centaurs. Still, Arty still remembers that little floating light spell, and he'll try using that to light his way.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-09-23 at 07:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Pokémon Center]

((I already thought this scene falls under the cutdown. Sad, now I don't know what to do with Vis since SelfRP cathing Pokemon is boring and I suck at it. I already thought off a way to split them and give my char a direction to go.))

"Oh cool, thanks." Vis says as he takes the pokeball. "I would have bought some, but you know there isn't a Shop in here." ((Assuming it's the first gens pokemon center. also this way he might be directed to mallside.
    [Pokémon Center]

"No problem. Anyway, I gotta get going. Maybe I'll see you around sometime." Becca says. Unless he wants to delay her, she will soon leave the Pokemon Center and be on her way.

[The Statue of Vyrn]

Obriane sigh in relief as Kitty lands safe and sound and attempts to give Kitty a hug. "Don't do that!" She exclaims out of shock with no real firmness behind her words. "You're gonna give me a scare!"
    [The Statue of Vyrn]

Kitty grins and hugs her back. "Oh don't be scared of that, I could do that in my sleep." She giggles and squeezes Obriane tightly. "You don't have to worry."

14. - Top - End - #74

[The Statue of Vyrn]

Obriane blushes again, suddenly not sure what to do. Kitty probably able to feel the poor changeling's cheeks heating up. "Ehh... w-we should probably should get down on the ground again."

Chadwick's Temple

The light appears, revealing that Arty is looking right in the eyes of the woman from before. She blinks, temporarily blinded by the light as a shadow knife appears in her hand which she will attempt to stab the centaur in the gut with once her eyes adapted to the light.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-09-23 at 11:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Chadwick's Temple

Come on Arty, let me teach you a few moves! You'll thank me some day!
    I'm a doctor. Who am I going to fight?
    Let me just teach you two or three things about blocking knives. Just in case you ever get into a spot of trouble.

If Arty still was able to see his brother, he'd apologize to him. Arty's build is more lithe than bulky, but he does have some muscle behind him. His arm opposite the knife hand snakes out and grabs her by the wrist, holding it fast and likely keeping it from his gut. With his other he grabs an arrow from his quiver and tries to jab the possessed girl in the neck with its head. The arrow (which he primed when he drew it) delivers an electric shock like a taser!
    That was Arty's only stun-arrow. He's so glad his father left him with a few of his goods when the Nexus took him in.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

[Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara nods and extends her other arm. The transfusion successfully kicks off another series of changes, once more punctuated by as series of groans and moans. The horns on Clara's head grow until they're about two inches long, her wings expand until they seem capable of lifting the lawyer, and a long, sinewy tail sprouts from her rear and wraps around one leg, and as the transformation finishes, Clara's tongue stretches out of her mouth a couple of feet and forks at the end, before retracting back into her mouth.

Once the second transformation finishes, Clara takes a deep breath and says, "Wow...That was a rush, for sure..."

17. - Top - End - #77

[Devil's Charm Hospital]

"Rush is a good word to describe it." The doctor replies with a wide grin. "Feeling any different Clara? The effects are taking hold pretty quickly. Not sure where you're gonna end up."

[Chadwick's Temple]

The possessed woman screams as the arrowhead pieces her neck and then seem to loose all muscle control before falling flat to the floor.
    Well, it looks like Arty got this in the-
    But suddenly a shadowy figure emerges from the woman's body and comes for Arty, attempting to enter his body.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Chadwick's Temple

Arty has no time to react much, as he's caught completely by surprise at the shadow's appearance. He doesn't have any time to fumble for the holy water, so instead all he can do in the second or two he has is move the light a little bit forward and belt out a few notes of a random passage from the book Chadwick gave him. Nothing in particular, just one that stuck in his mind.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

[Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara licks her lips and spreads her wings, practicing with the new muscles, and says, "Oh, I feel different...I feel wonderful."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

[Park Park]

Steve shakes his head

No... not really. They know where I live, and my apartment's all I have, really.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Park Park

Nick sighs. "Nah, if they've got you monitored they'll know where you live. Come on, I'll take you to a Temple Geneva and I visited a few times. They can give you two a once-over and hopefully those suited asshats won't risk upsetting a goddess just to get at you just yet."
    Oh Nick, if only you knew...

After a few minutes, a Union skycar arrives, and Nick gestures for the man to enter it. If he does he'll start the laborous task of hauling the dragon into it. Oh boy she's heavy.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

[Park Park]

Steve gives one last mournful look at the bodies of the two dead guards, then climbs into the skycar.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Statue of Vyrn]

Obriane blushes again, suddenly not sure what to do. Kitty probably able to feel the poor changeling's cheeks heating up. "Ehh... w-we should probably should get down on the ground again."
    [The Statue of Vyrn]

"Sure. Let's head to the market now. I bet there'll be something fun there." Kitty grabs hold of Obriane's hand and leads the way back to the elevator. They head down and out of the statue, off in the direction they say the market.

For now, though, the scene can fade to black as the two enjoy some more of the sights of the city.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Ever since she learned of the word. She's trying to figure out what Dada is, I think. She's already learned it's not an object, though. Dang, was that tiring.
    Magtok frowns, and shakes his head. "You know, even if he ever does come back, he was never really the big responsibility type. He probably won't...you know." Raise his own daughter? You can say 'raise his own daughter,' Magtok. It's only four words; it's not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok frowns, and shakes his head. "You know, even if he ever does come back, he was never really the big responsibility type. He probably won't...you know." Raise his own daughter? You can say 'raise his own daughter,' Magtok. It's only four words; it's not that hard.
    Ah well, it's not like I'm doing that bad alone, right?
    Caelynn says. I think it's a bit of a question. She's new at parenting still!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #86

[Pokémon Center]

"No problem. Anyway, I gotta get going. Maybe I'll see you around sometime." Becca says. Unless he wants to delay her, she will soon leave the Pokemon Center and be on her way.

[The Statue of Vyrn]

Kitty grins and hugs her back. "Oh don't be scared of that, I could do that in my sleep." She giggles and squeezes Obriane tightly. "You don't have to worry."
    [Pokémon Center]

"Yeah, see ya." Vis just says. He got no reason to stop her right now, even thought it would be much more fuin to go around with friends.

[Roaming through Inside]

After Becca left the Center, Vis takes a leave as well. Befor he can go and catch a Pokemon, he needs to gather some more equipment he thinks. at least a few more pokeballs would be nice. Let's see if he can find a shop or someone who knows about one.

[INTERACTION WANTED]
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Mechanus steps out from trog's tavern putting away the numerous glowing gems that his numerous automatons are bringing to him. He steps into the sunlight and looks around for Hugh. "Now where did he go?"
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    Mechanus steps out from trog's tavern putting away the numerous glowing gems that his numerous automatons are bringing to him. He steps into the sunlight and looks around for Hugh. "Now where did he go?"
    [Steele Street]

Hey, I'm right here, says Hugh. Sorry about that. Deadtiming's annoying.

Anyway!

Here they are, in what is probably best described as the Industrial Quarter. Lots of foundries, and smoke, and smoking foundries, and sooty red brick walls. Also, plenty of forges. Lots of forges. All, unfortunately, in use.

Darn. I was really hoping there would be a spare one. Oh, well...

Suddenly, the space of wall between two of the forges appears to... stretch, in a way that defies both physics and common sense. It is as though the world retroactively decided that there should, after all, be another forge there. And so, apparently, there is. If Mechanus enters it, he will find that it contains all the tools and most of the materials he will need to complete his work.

Hugh looks vaguely surprised.

Oh, how convenient...
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"Umm... what just happened, I'm not going to complain, but what just happened? Mechanus walks into this mysterious forge that has appeared and examines it, finding that indeed it does have all the tools necessary to forge most metals.
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

((braveheart, could you use location tags? Thanks.))

[Steele Street]

Ah, well. I'm not entirely sure myself. I suspect the computer that is dreaming me just decided that there should be a forge there. Which is just as unsettling as it sounds, frankly. Hugh attempts a gesture to demonstrate the essential weirdness of the situation, but fails.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.