Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 60

1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 60

[Park]

N'alae looks up.

"Fvadt."

Then she grabs Magtok (insert attempts where appropriate) and beams them both the hell out before everything dies. She'll be taking them off tooo...

[Unknown Location]

What looks awfully like some dark room in a basement somewhere. Certainly doesn't look like a Union facility. She'll release Magtok and just look him in the face, utter disbelief clear despite the helmet obscuring her obsession, because that was just that crazy.

"Excuse me for being unprofessional, but what the **** was that about? That was not one of ours."

Unless of course Magtok does not in fact get beamed away, in which case he's gonna be on his own getting exploded, because she isn't going to test her own resilience on crushing and explosions.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Unknown Location

"Not mine, either. Nothing to gain from killing a single operative or team of operatives when I'm trying to go quietly. AMEN or Marcy, maybe." Magtok answers, keeping his hands on his head, so it's perfectly clear he's not attempting any sort of shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Park

As the team vanishes with Magtok, the head of the fairly large statue explodes, taking out trees and causing incredibly damage to the park. However, all that will be left of the bomb will be pieces of shrapnel, and a crater where the pair once stood. The mission seemed to have failed, most unpleasant. The woman who's powers over portals had caused the chaos comes out of a hiding place, on an entirely different skyscraper than previous. With a swear, she stands up and looks behind her to see a familiar face. There's Caius Grayle, his face rather difficult to read. "That was a failure. Good try though. It seems we were just a bit too late to get a shot off at him. That's what we get for hiring new blood." He sighs a bit before she can respond. "It's really not my fault, that Union person just came out of nowhere! You can't expect me to predict the freakin' future." With a roll of his eyes, Caius frowns. "I really wish you wouldn't talk like that. Sounds thoroughly unprofessional, and remember, without our generous companion, neither of us would be anywhere, Gemma. I asked him to bring you into this, now don't disappoint him. I can forgive you, and I always will.

He won't."

And with that, the pair step into a portal summoned, and vanish from the scene.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

[Park Park]

Yup. This looks to be a proper group of officers, not a DART subterfuge. They turn and are a little surprised to see Nick since they hadn't called for any backup.

5. - Top - End - #125

[Park Park]

"Hello!" Fortuna calls out to the officers milling around. "I was one of the people these goons attacked. They kicked it off with lethal force and we had to respond in kind."

She really isn't very sorry about having to do that.

"I can give a recount of the events if you need one? And I'm going to need to collect our equipment that got left here, quite a bit of it is rather sensitive and we really don't need any more of it being stolen."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Unknown Location

"Not mine, either. Nothing to gain from killing a single operative or team of operatives when I'm trying to go quietly. AMEN or Marcy, maybe." Magtok answers, keeping his hands on his head, so it's perfectly clear he's not attempting any sort of shenanigans.
    "As if this situation wasn't bad enough already, now we have someone trying to kill you, and willing to try to go through us to do it." N'alae sighs. "We will investigate that to the best of our ability. In the meantime, I don't suppose you have anything to say for yourself?"

She sounds very tired, more out of exasperation with the whole situation rather than physically.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Park Park

Nick nods.
    "I was here, I can provide an official report of the incident to corroborate the story. Will that be enough?" he offers genially.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara nods and smiles mischeviously as she says, "I feel better than ever...Though I don't think you're interested in hearing about what I did last night."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Chadwick's Temple

Arty snorts, slowly getting moving again.
    That's great for you. I'll tell you what. You go screaming back to Hell, and I'll ask Chadwick about your world's differences in basic science. I like that plan.
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

"The. Doctor. Will." The warforged states simply as it leads her back to the same examination room once again. Soon she will be meet up by the same bat-like doctor. "Hello! How are you today Clara?!" He exclaims as he flies into the room. "I'm very curious what have happened since we meet. Are you feeling okay?"

Chadwick's Temple

And here I thought you could be reasoned with. Radu replies before Arty suddenly can feel the presence within him suddenly letting go as a great shadow emerges from within the centaur and flies away. Where it's hard to say, but it seems to be moving inside the temple again.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

[Park Park]

The sergeant in charge nods

Certainly, sir. That would make things quite a lot easier, as there weren't a lot of witnesses until you were already present, and quite a few of them were stunned and therefore of questionable reliability.

He turns to the officers who are busily gathering everything that can be found.

Release any equipment that Officer Nick needs, double-quick.

Everybody happily stops collecting stuff and stands around chatting. That's not exactly helpful, but they will let Nick and Fortuna take whatever they want.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    "As if this situation wasn't bad enough already, now we have someone trying to kill you, and willing to try to go through us to do it." N'alae sighs. "We will investigate that to the best of our ability. In the meantime, I don't suppose you have anything to say for yourself?"

She sounds very tired, more out of exasperation with the whole situation rather than physically.
    "I would like to get this over with as quickly as possible, re-open MagMart, and return to the status quo," Magtok answers, in an uncharacteristically brief manner.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #131

[Park Park]

And now?

Now Fortuna is going to begin gathering equipment. Thankfully most of her stuff was far enough away from the fire fight that it avoided getting trashed. Especially the modular sequestering chamber. She had picked those units up at an old MoAS compound and she isn't sure if she would be able to replace them due to how difficult it is to get Equestrian magical gems in the Nexus.

She gathers up her own gear first, then does what she can to salvage Steve's stuff as well, including the most intact PIE unit she can find that had belonged to the goons.

And then?

She'll recount everything she remembers for the police regarding the incident, both the events leading up to it and the event itself. It should be pretty accurate thanks to her phenomenal memory. She'll also provide the police with contact information for herself and ask to be informed if they figure out who these people who tried to murder her were. Once that's all done? Well... then it'll be time to head back to the temple!

Yay temple!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Park Park

Nick won't be doing much, as his report-filings aren't usually done vocally. He'll simply go along with everything, and help where he's needed. Then back to the Temple indeed.

Chadwick's Temple

Arty frowns and keeps going inside, not sure of what to do and what he can do.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

[Unknown Location]

N'alae gives Magtok a look, obscured by the helmet though it may be. Dematerializing the PAT-4 she brought out earlier, she crosses her arms and glares. "I don't care for this situation, too many personal vendettas involved, but we are not going to make excuses for you. The one thing you have going for you is that your nature makes the enforcement rather unusual. As it always has, but you've about run out of goodwill this time. Some in the Nexus may forgive and forget depressingly easily, but we do not.

You tried to assassinate Remnant's commander.

You aided the resurgence of slavers by helping to create Skyside.

You constantly aided and made excuses for AMEN.

You kidnapped and brainwashed multiple innocent people to serve as your own shields, and nearly plunged the Nexus into a bloody war, to stop a man from trying to wipe out a past serial apocalyptor, when you put him up to it.

You are, by all indications, a sneaky, conniving, backstabbing opportunist who constantly expects everyone to make excuses for him, and pretends it's evil when they refuse, and yet, for some reason I can't fathom, people still inexplicably like you. With all that in mind, I just have one question now.

Why would we let you go right back to being able to meddle in our affairs, hurt our citizens, and act as if this somehow made you superior? You've survived this long because politics demanded it, but the Council and Vasquez out of the way, we will not tolerate your behavior any longer, even if the evidence we need is provided by a man with a blatant agenda. We're not going to kill you, or I would not have saved you, but unless you somehow overturn it, you're not going to be welcome anywhere in the Union ever again. Try to give me a reason we'd allow that, because I certainly can't think of one."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Halfling in the Playground

[Red Zone - Trash]

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden gets slammed against broken pavement several times. Somehow, he manages to rip his sword from Susurrus's grasp in the midst of that. Whenever it's done trying to maul him, Aiden grins again, not looking much worse for wear. "Really, guy? You know how many monsters have tried the Ridley thing on me?"

I'm not sure Ridley actually did anything like that, but apparently Aiden is.
    I think he may've slammed Samus into the floor in a few games, or maybe against walls as he flew around.

"What does it take to kill you?" Sus grinds, exasperated beyond belief. Susurrus is oblivious to pop culture references! While he's still got a good grip on Aiden, he takes the mouthy bastard in his hand and hurls him down the street, perhaps even through a wall or two if he doesn't correct himself beforehand.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #135

Red Zone - Trash

Aiden crashes through a wall, and then flips around to land on his feet. "Lot more than you've got, Trash Man," he says. His sword is back at its place against his shoulder, and he steps through the hole he just made. "What say we finish this? I feel like getting a smoothie."

16. - Top - End - #136

Unknown Location

"Shutting down the MagMarts is the same thing as killing me. It's just a slower way of doing it," Magtok corrects N'alae, looking about his surroundings, trying to figure out where he is and if there's any way out of this room. It wouldn't surprise him if the Union had a underground room with no entrances or exits, with a mountain of teleblocks and secure passwords keeping anyone from entering or leaving without Vyrn's approval, but he still has to be sure. Knowledge is power; this sort of thing might come in handy later.

"I've changed my ways, besides. Everything you said about who I was is absolutely right, but it's no longer the man I am today. I've fought those very same slavers you mentioned, abandoned AMEN and recovered a hostage it'd taken, and did what I could to reconcile with Vasquez after that assassination attempt. I am doing everything in my power to put the past behind me and defend a world I once so gleefully lied to and exploited at my leisure." He takes his hands off the top of his head, since it's clear that this isn't that kind of an arrest, and begins pacing about the room, studying each wall as he goes along.

"There's nothing to gain from killing me, Vice Commander. If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

"The. Doctor. Will." The warforged states simply as it leads her back to the same examination room once again. Soon she will be meet up by the same bat-like doctor. "Hello! How are you today Clara?!" He exclaims as he flies into the room. "I'm very curious what have happened since we meet. Are you feeling okay?"
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara grins and says, "I'm feeling great, actually. Since I left...I kinda...Well, I've been feeling quite turned on, if you know what I mean."

18. - Top - End - #138

Chadwick's Temple

Arty frowns and keeps going inside, not sure of what to do and what he can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Devil's Charm Hospital]

Clara grins and says, "I'm feeling great, actually. Since I left...I kinda...Well, I've been feeling quite turned on, if you know what I mean."
    Chadwick's Temple

On his way he meets one of Chadwick's wisps that starts following him along. There is no sign of the demon however, wherever it went, Arty can't see it.

[Devil's Charm Hospital]

The doctor looks a bit concerned as he lands on the chair nearby. "That is quite a natural reaction with the blood you're infusing." He says with a nod. "But does this concern you Clara? Since there are drugs that could counter that effect. I'm just worried that the blood is effecting your judgement."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Chadwick's Temple

Arty can't help but smile at the wisp. He doesn't think that the demon could trick him with light. Is that not its antithesis?
    "Hello, there. Don't suppose you can hear me through this, can you sir?" he says out loud to it.

20. - Top - End - #140

La Debaucherie Cafe

Located startlingly close to the magi college, this nice little hole in the wall cafe is where Merissa decided to treat her friends the day after Tabitha went dream walking for the first time in quite a while. At first, she'd wanted to just have Isaac along to make it a date, but excluding Tabby when she might feel nervous and vulnerable is against the four-armed girl's better nature.

In her hands rests a book that she had to get special permission from the library to sign out a copy of, and a rather nice cup of hot cocoa that's got her spirits up. Her red hair has been done up in its usual wavy ponytail, bound by a strip of crisp white leather. She's wearing a bright yellow tank top over her now customary school dispensary bought sports bra, and a mild, brown, pleated skirt that goes to just above her knees. She's kicked off her sandals and is engrossed by words that, to anyone else, look like complete gibberish as she waits for the other two to arrive.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #141

[Junkyard Junktion]

...Or so the slightly rusted sign said after it's period of general neglect. One might say it added to the charm of the scrapyard were it not for the highly polished, nearly pristine sign below it that read 'Under New Management' in chrome lettering. The junkyard itself had a proclivity towards broken down or otherwise inoperable machines rather than true refuse although that did mean there was an array of not-quite mundane items scattered amongst the 'perfectly normal' items such as cars, refrigerators, old computers and electronics, decommissioned atomic 'Personal battery buddies' ('Guaranteed power for a lifetime of brilliance!'), and various kitchen appliances.

The new owner wasn't particularly fond of the name, truth be told, but brand loyalty was a thing and she would admit that at least it was catchy. "We're here." Riss said as the aircar set down outside the yard and potentially interrupting Sophia if the shifter had been in the middle of trying to discuss something. "Got the place surprisingly cheap though you can probably see the reason why." she said, motioning to a few signs of disrepair. "I want to turn it into a kind of recycling facility once I get the place cleaned up a bit although not just for raw materials." she said. It was to be expected, really, as her caliber of skill made a yard full of junk look like an untapped goldmine. Or at least untapped acres of legos, to be more truthful.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Well, that certainly is a name, isn't it?

Isaac arrives, in plain jeans and a white t-shirt with a navy blue horizontal stripe at chest level. His hair is as unkempt as ever, and his ears are as pointy as the day before. And he has his thin-rimmed glasses, as always.
    "Good afternoon, Merissa. What forbidden lore are you flipping through today?" he asks cheerily. Despite the seriousness of his conversation with Tab he's kept good spirits all day. He's finding it easier to do that, and he's honestly pretty glad about it. Sweating about everything sucks.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-09-29 at 08:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

"Hey" Tabitha walks over. She's looking okay. Loose T-shirt. Contacts instead of glasses (she keeps switching back and forth) and jeans. "Hi! Thanks for inviting me."

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Junkyard Junktion]

...Or so the slightly rusted sign said after it's period of general neglect. One might say it added to the charm of the scrapyard were it not for the highly polished, nearly pristine sign below it that read 'Under New Management' in chrome lettering. The junkyard itself had a proclivity towards broken down or otherwise inoperable machines rather than true refuse although that did mean there was an array of not-quite mundane items scattered amongst the 'perfectly normal' items such as cars, refrigerators, old computers and electronics, decommissioned atomic 'Personal battery buddies' ('Guaranteed power for a lifetime of brilliance!'), and various kitchen appliances.

The new owner wasn't particularly fond of the name, truth be told, but brand loyalty was a thing and she would admit that at least it was catchy. "We're here." Riss said as the aircar set down outside the yard and potentially interrupting Sophia if the shifter had been in the middle of trying to discuss something. "Got the place surprisingly cheap though you can probably see the reason why." she said, motioning to a few signs of disrepair. "I want to turn it into a kind of recycling facility once I get the place cleaned up a bit although not just for raw materials." she said. It was to be expected, really, as her caliber of skill made a yard full of junk look like an untapped goldmine. Or at least untapped acres of legos, to be more truthful.
    What if they're extremely unique legos? :P
    Sophia will get out of the car along with Riss if she does, nodding.
    I can see the usefulness. Not only do you have a source of miscellaneous materials, but you have a large amount of space that you could potentially use for many things, such as testing or storage.
    She replies, looking upon the junkyard.
    So, what exactly do you need to test or need my assistance for?
    Sophia inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

25. - Top - End - #145

La Debaucherie Cafe

Well, that certainly is a name, isn't it?

Isaac arrives, in plain jeans and a white t-shirt with a navy blue horizontal stripe at chest level. His hair is as unkempt as ever, and his ears are as pointy as the day before. And he has his thin-rimmed glasses, as always.
    "Good afternoon, Merissa. What forbidden lore are you flipping through today?" he asks cheerily. Despite the seriousness of his conversation with Tab he's kept good spirits all day. He's finding it easier to do that, and he's honestly pretty glad about it. Sweating about everything sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    La Debaucherie Cafe

"Hey" Tabitha walks over. She's looking okay. Loose T-shirt. Contacts instead of glasses (she keeps switching back and forth) and jeans. "Hi! Thanks for inviting me."
    La Debaucherie Cafe

"Hey you guys!" Merissa stands up and gives Isaac her customary "we're out in public so this will have to do" hug. "It's actually a really neat read, but you two should order first. You buy the drink, and once you're finished you get a free meal. Just don't look too hard at your waiter." Oh dear, of course Merissa would choose a place based on its prices and not take into account the shenanigans theme that it follows.

The wait staff look perfectly normal from a distance, anyway. Just sensible attire and everyone following the same dress code... the exact same dress code. Everyone, no matter their gender or species, seems to have the same exact work uniform. Something's definitely off about it and it sounds like Merissa already knows what. A faint blush has developed on the bridge of her nose that she hopes she won't have to account for.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac raises an eyebrow. "Uh, okay." He raises a hand and tries to flag down a waiter or waitress. He'll just order a basic soft drink, maybe one with some fruit in it if he can. He's still a responsible minor!
    Although darn it, why'd she have to tell him about the servers? Now he can't help but look when the person comes over, and their weirdly identical (but so far undescribed) dress code!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha will get some soda, and not stare.

If she really wants to know, she can look it up on the internet.

28. - Top - End - #148

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac raises an eyebrow. "Uh, okay." He raises a hand and tries to flag down a waiter or waitress. He'll just order a basic soft drink, maybe one with some fruit in it if he can. He's still a responsible minor!
    Although darn it, why'd she have to tell him about the servers? Now he can't help but look when the person comes over, and their weirdly identical (but so far undescribed) dress code!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha will get some soda, and not stare.

If she really wants to know, she can look it up on the internet.
    La Debaucherie Cafe

It doesn't take long for Isaac to figure out and likely see through what's going on. The sensible, generic uniforms are actually a mass illusion cast over the wait staff, who are otherwise entirely naked barring a small rune drawn somewhere on their bodies to perpetuate the rather flimsy magic.

Merissa buries her face in her upper hands as she notices Isaac staring at the tall, athletic orcish man who comes over to take their orders, "I really shouldn't have said anything. I made the same mistake when I first came in." It's easy enough to banish the image from your eyes, if not your brain, just by unfocusing them or looking away for a bit, but at least it's no worse than the gym showers for Isaac.

Their sodas will come in a bit, but they have time now to talk.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac shuts his eyes and shakes the image away. He was smart enough not to be looking straight ahead. He makes the drink order from the man with a polite smile. Oh, geez, no wonder this place gets business so close to the school. Teens and college students must love it.
    "No problem at all. Would you like to start with anything, Tab?" he says, doing his best to just go with everything.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

"Well... dreamwalking was interesting. Do either of you remember it?" Might as well ask that now.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-09-29 at 09:43 PM.