New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 60

1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 60

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Le Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac thinks for a moment. "To be honest, I don't really know about some of this stuff. Most of it, really. I erm, did talk to your dad, though and well, he was talking about throwing around some crazy stuff. I mean, besides the fact of what his business is, well, he did say that, well, he was a djinni. And that he didn't tell you about that. Erm, it'd certainly explain the odd magic you inherited. And..." he trails off, as he started to look back down at Merissa as his thoughts come together, and things become apparent. Oh gods, not again. And after the incident when they were first changed by the wild magic, Isaac does know what Merissa looks like naked, even without assuming other scenes happened! Isaac immediately turns scarlet tries to avert his eyes, but he can't look at Tab, and everywhere else is suddenly nowhere to look either, in terms of the other patrons of the staff whose magic is currently being cancelled out. He settles on laying his forehead against the table.
    "Next time we are not picking a place for value. I would highly recommend not continuing with those drinks." he says.
    ...honestly, it's really kind of funny, and he's really not upset about his own state to their eyes, especially if his clothes are actually still there to keep the wind out, but he can't look without being a bit of a pervert, now can he? If Merissa weren't here he'd probably have laughed. Maybe. But oh, when she is here it's just embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Le Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha sips her own drink as the other two share their musings... and then Isaac acts oddly. Tabitha is worried and slightly confused, but puts the soda down.

Hopefully whatever is in the drink doesn't kick in after the sips she took in-between telling the story plus the sips from right now.
    La Debaucherie Cafe

Merissa is confused, slightly alarmed, and doesn't know what to think about what Isaac said. She doubts he's lying to her, and doubts even more that her father would lie to him as he's always distressingly honest whenever they'd have the time to talk. Truthfully, he has never been a figure in her life, just the man who, in her mothers words, let her mother have a daughter.

Now she's not even sure what that means as she thinks back on it.

"I'm going to have to ask my mom about that. Sorry, but can we talk about something else right now? I don't think I want to crack into that particular puzzle so soon after finding out." Despite wilting a bit in her seat, Merissa is still feeling the warm glow from her stomach outwards, and it becomes evident what's happening to her because of her drink in a few moments as a rich, chocolatey hue passes over the skin on her shoulders and begins creeping down her arms and up her neck without her yet noticing. Her skin seems to smooth out too, taking on the texture of actual milk chocolate.

If Isaac sees it, his illusory image of her will update in real time, picturing a chocolate torso instead.

As for Tabitha, she's unfortunately out of luck as the soda's effect attempts to lighten her, making her feel bubbly and much less dense than before. In addition, it will slowly make it easier to press in her skin and pinch it, as if she was a person-shaped balloon. If the effect is strong enough with how much she drank and goes on long enough she could probably flatten an arm against the table entirely with her other hand.

Just as the effects are setting in, their meals arrive. All three of them are treated to the sight of savory pumpkin and carrot soup, pumpkin spiced whipped cream on top of pumpkin pie for desert, and a small side of cinnamon sprinkled pumpkin flesh baked until brown and served like a slice of watermelon.

Merissa buries her head in her hands, mimicking Isaac, "Damnit, I get it now. It's a Trick and Treat." Ugh, leave it to her to find the only cafe in Inside that runs its Halloween pranks super earlier.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac sits up a bit, shaking his head.
    "I'm sorry, Merissa. I wasn't sure if I should tell you since it was so personal but in the end I thought you ought to know.
    Uh, you have anything cheery to talk about, Tab!"

He says, doing his best not to ogle anyone. Nope, just look at something neutral. Like his meal. He gives it a quick sniff.
    "Can you guys check these? We might as well eat them if they're safe and we've paid."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha frowns as she notices the effect. A few pinches and... no, she does not like this.

Then the meal comes out.

"But... I don't like pumpkin. I don't like pumpkin at all."

Spooktober Spectacular!

A human girl walks down the street looking around. She's a bit older than the others, a middle schooler, and as a result is avoiding a lot of the smaller kids. She's dressed up as an Egyptian, with the distinctive makeup, previously-golden hair dyed black, a red dress, an ankh necklace, and a hair ornament shaped like a throne.

Bella looks around. Dressing up in costumes AND free candy? This was an interesting holiday!

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Junkyard Junktion

Pretty sure I can. You might want to step back a little, by the way. It's kind of dangerous to stand near to a transforming shifter.
    Sophia replies. After Riss is at a safe distance, Sophia focuses, and transforms into her titan from.
    She bites down upon her hand, and lightning flashes downwards and around her with a loud thunderclap. Steam erupt in a spiral, swirling like an upside down stationary tornado around her. The steam clears in a few minutes, revealing a 15 meter tall titan. Her skinless body is only covered with muscles, possessing an amazingly fit physique that matches Sophia's human body. Bone formations jut over her muscles, forming an appearance of armor upon her lower legs and kneecaps, her feet sheltered by the covering as well. Forearm guards, along with armor upon the hands, made out of bone, adorn her arms. Sophia's face, however, is what makes this entire visage truly frightening.
    Bone forms a partial guard, covering her jaw and around her eyes. The titan's eyes are narrowed, with blazing blue irises, and Sophia's mouth is jagged, shaped like the Rogue titan's and without any lips.
    Sophia steps forward, her footfalls shaking the earth slightly, and moves towards the cars.
    So that's a Titan. Looks like some kind of war-body... Though I have to say, it's certainly impressive to take in. While the shifter busied herself with the task set before her, Riss watched for the time being to observe not just what she did but how she did it; getting back into the aircar to circle around for a better view.

Really that was all she had in mind for this first exercise as while she felt confident that she had enough tools on hand to stop Sophia from causing harm to her person, attempting to surprise or agitate her to test her focus would probably leave more collateral damage than she really would care to deal with. At least there wasn't anything to outright prevent the shifter from accomplishing her task as far as the muse saw. It was an admittedly boring task but it was a good baseline to begin with.

Besides, it also meant that with all the energy that was likely consumed, it would be good practice on her part to test out a few recipes she had been meaning to try... Though hopefully It would match Sophia's palate...

5. - Top - End - #185

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac sits up a bit, shaking his head.
    "I'm sorry, Merissa. I wasn't sure if I should tell you since it was so personal but in the end I thought you ought to know.
    Uh, you have anything cheery to talk about, Tab!"

He says, doing his best not to ogle anyone. Nope, just look at something neutral. Like his meal. He gives it a quick sniff.
    "Can you guys check these? We might as well eat them if they're safe and we've paid."
    La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha frowns as she notices the effect. A few pinches and... no, she does not like this.

Then the meal comes out.

"But... I don't like pumpkin. I don't like pumpkin at all."
    La Debaucherie Cafe

Merissa continues to be oblivious to her own changes, as they haven't reached her forearms yet and no one has said anything, "Ugh, this was an awful idea, I'm sorry you guys. Do you want to just go to the off campus and talk there? We can blow off some steam and fix this." The off campus is one of the most heavily neutralized school owned buildings that Zaff's allows students to practice in. It's across the street from the school grounds, and has anti-wards that prevent magical interference with any spells. It tends to be the best place for heavy spell practice, because it can't be harmed or altered by anything a student is capable of and doesn't have any lingering residue from alchemy or casting to mess things up.

It's also not part of Zafflebrod's ward schemes, for obvious reasons, so is the only building left in this dimension when the rest of the campus goes into heavy quarantine. A small office is stationed there to explain to concerned officials and parents why their children have stopped being in contact for a period of time.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #186

[Spooktober Spectacular!]

What's NOT to love about getting to dress up whilst being showered with free candy? And this isn't just your average everyday store bought heap of 'fun size' candy bars, either. With the recent closing of MagMart everyone wanting to stock up on sweets for Spooktober has been forced to try out the various professional confectioners, such as the ones that fill nearly every single corner of Carousel Court.

Think a Snickers is good?

How about a home made chocolate filled with perfectly gooey caramel, roasted peanuts, and nougat that dissolves at the touch of the tongue, causing an explosion of flavor flooding the senses. Each lovingly hand (hoof?) made and wrapped in foil. And that's just one example of the absolutely amazing candy that are to be found (for free!) in candy dishes around the City.

A gaggle of children in costume of mixed race go stampeding past Belle laughing and talking excitedly. "I heard someone saw Nightmare Moon three blocks over! If you find her and she scares you then she'll give you a HUGE piece of candy!"

Who doesn't love huge pieces of candy?

Another child is tugging her father along by the arm with one hand, a huge fluffy plushy unicorn clutched in the other. "Come on daddy! We need to win some more games to get more stuffed animals!" The kid is wearing an adorable little princess outfit with little fairy wings on the back.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

La Debaucherie

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Nothing deals with stress better than flinging some spells at unsuspecting practice targets. But we do have to pay for these drinks. I might as well eat some of this while we wait."
    And that plan will probably be followed unless someone tells him they're picking up magic from the food. He assumes that since no one did before they ping negative.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

La Debaucherie

"Wait... let me check it first. Don't want to end up with you as a girl. I've heard of that happening."

Tabitha will cast a simple detection spell, and then give Isaac the greenlight if it's clean. She will not eat her own, she really doesn't like pumpkin flavor.

Spooktober Spectacular!

Bella will move around, trying a few of the candies. She shows a bias toward rich chocolate and peanuts, but does not seem to be as fond of caramel or fruit snacks. Of course, the details may vary depending on how exactly things are set up.

She doesn't really look for interaction, rather preferring to appreciate candy, decorations, and costumes.

9. - Top - End - #189

La Debaucherie Cafe

All Tabitha detects is a minor spell on the food to keep it hot and alter the flavor. What Isaac will taste is his favorite kind of soup, baked veggie, pie, etc. It's not a particularly good example of those flavors, just a generic version of it supplied by his memory.

Of course, Merissa finally notices her predicament when she reaches for her pie, groaning in mild disgust, "Augh, you two couldn't have told me sooner that I was turning into..." She pokes at an elbow, "A chocolate golem? I just thought whatever my drink was doing to me was too subtle to notice." She's still not entirely certain what happened to Isaac, only that it must have involved his eyes. She huffs grumpily as her fingers are totally overtaken by the change that is already encroaching on her hairline, leaving her eyes as the only visible part of her face that isn't chocolatey.

She takes a bite of the pie anyway, "This doesn't taste like Pumpkin, Tabby. It's cherry pie in my mouth, they even got the texture right. Whoever they're hiring in the kitchen must be a wiz at illusions, they might even be a Zaff's alum."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spooktober Spectacular!

Alysha enters the court, her eyes wide with excitement. She loved holidays. And this was one of her favorites.

Sure, it wasn't exactly the same as the Halloween she knew, but it was close enough. Free candy, parties, spooky theme. And, of course, the costumes.

Alysha decided to go as somebody she had actually met before. Didn't take too much work, really. Her skin was pale enough, what with her being a vampire and all. Just a little bit of makeup and the right clothes and she was set.

Spoiler: Didn't dye her hair, though. she left it brown.
    Show

Alysha wanders around, watching the kids play, trying some of the candy. Sure, she might be a little old for this. But that's okay. She loved it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #191

Belle

Aaww... so she isn't interested in that plate of delicious smelling apple fritters? Perfectly friend and glazed, oozing with caramelized apple sugars...

The costumes are varied, of course, depending in part on the race of the wearer. A costume on an equestrian and a costume on a human look pretty different, after all! Costumes run the gamete from simple, cute, and childish to extravagantly designed and rather spooky! And one can't forget the folks who have decided to effectively Cosplay rather than simply dress up. And why not? Any kind of costume can be fun.

Anywho!

As Bella drifts from shop to shop, from booth to booth, from home to home, a pretty pastel blue and green earth pony mare with an image of peanut brittle on her flank flags the teen down. "Hey there little miss! That's a lovely costume you have. And such a lovely little human with such a lovely little costume deserves a wonderful treat!"

That said, she pushes her candy bowl toward Bella. Inside? A mixture of various confections wrapped in foil. The scent of chocolate and peanut butter will hit the girl's nose, a heavenly and heavy aroma. "I noticed you going after Chocolate Crisp's goodies, but I think you might like these even more."

Should Bella take one of the candies and unwrap it, she'll discover a ball of chocolate as big around as a silver dollar. And when she bites into it? Alternating layers of chocolate, peanut butter, and flaky, crisp pastry giving way to a gooey hot-fudge center. How does the hot fudge stay warm without melting the rest of the candy? Must be pony magic at work.

Alysha

Oh come now, just watching? That's not any fun! No one is ever too old for fun and games. And this festival has games galore! Rubber spider toss, bobbing for apples, pumpkin chucking, cake walks, and a plethora of other silly activities that wouldn't be out of place in a carnival. The only difference? Playing the games is free and results in tasty treats!

There are even a few booths giving away huge stuffed animals as prizes, if that little girl in a princess outfit lugging around a huge fluffy unicorn plush is any indication.

And really now, if Alysha is sampling the candy, what are her preferences? Because there's nothing here if not variety.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac glances over and groans.
    "Chocolate?! Uh, sorry Merissa, I've been trying not to look. Uh, I'm sure if it lasted a while or was dangerous you could sue, so they probably didn't do that. That's just be dumb. I'm not comfortable enough with my transmutation to try to fix it, but maybe someone can back at the off campus." he offers.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-10-01 at 07:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193

Spooktacular

The devouring of the candy corn shall have to wait. The games have caught Alysha's attention.

The pumpkin chucking first, actually. She had never seen that before. It looked awesome.

Alysha will walk up to the person running that and give them a wave and a smile.

Hi! What is this, exactly? I mean, I can see it's all about throwing pumpkins. But, is there a target? Or are we just going for distance? And can we choose how to launch them?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha, a little bit hesitant, tries it. She dislikes pumpkin, but not to the point that she'll spit it out. It's just something that she isn't fond of.

Spooktober Spectacular!

Bella (Not the princess!) will say, "Oh, thank you," and try one. She smiles immediately. "This is delicious!" She finishes her sample. "What do you call it?"

15. - Top - End - #195

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac glances over and groans.
    "Chocolate?! Uh, sorry Merissa, I've been trying not to look. Uh, I'm sure if it lasted a while or was dangerous you could sue, so they probably didn't do that. That's just be dumb. I'm not comfortable enough with my transmutation to try to fix it, but maybe someone can back at the off campus." he offers.
    La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha, a little bit hesitant, tries it. She dislikes pumpkin, but not to the point that she'll spit it out. It's just something that she isn't fond of.

Spooktober Spectacular!

Bella (Not the princess!) will say, "Oh, thank you," and try one. She smiles immediately. "This is delicious!" She finishes her sample. "What do you call it?"
    La Debaucherie Cafe

Merissa stands up, "It's probably a superficial change, we can just dispel it all once we get to the off campus. Come on." She starts to head for the door, tossing down her napkin over the meal, "I'm not going to eat here anymore, it's just not worth it if they're going to run stupid promotions." She'll wait outside for the other two though, if Isaac is intent on finishing it.

Tabitha's food tastes like her favorite type of that food, same as Isaac's. Unless she wants to willingly dispel that illusion and leave herself with the taste and texture of pumpkin in her mouth.

16. - Top - End - #196

Bella

The mare smiles back. "Well, I suppose they're peanut butter, hot fudge, brittle, and wafer bonbons. But I like to call them nuttyballs, they're my own secret recipe!" She gives another little nod to the bowl. "You can have another if you like! But don't grab too many, I need to make sure I have enough for all the colts and fillies running around tonight. Or you can try some brittle? Brittle is my specialty, and I'll say the peanut brittle coated in chocolate is awfully good."

Then she gestures with her nose across the street.

"If you feel a little more adventurous, try Bonbon's shop. Now that's a mare who knows her bonbons. Don't bother trying to ask her what kind of bonbon you're getting before you eat it. The surprise is half the fun!"

...oh.

Oh!

A bonbon is another name for those filled 'chocolates' isn't it?

Alysha

The fellow manning the giant pumpkin slingshots is a stallion in an elaborate armored Headless Horse costume, with spooky barding covered in pointy bits and scary, toothy faces. A curved hook extends up from his neck with a pumpkin-shaped lantern hanging from it, dangling about where someone's head should be. Creepy blue flames flicker inside the metal gourde.

"Wohohoho! Another player, hmm?" the Headless Horse replies. "You wish to try your luck?" He gestures at the giant slingshots set up to buckets of smallish pumpkins. In the distance targets on sheets of plywood have been set up. "Choose your pumpkin and try to hit yonder target to win a prize! But if you miss three times then you must pay with your head! Bwah ha ha ha!"

A beat.

"Not really. If you miss there's no problem. Pick a pumpkin and have some fun!"

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    So that's a Titan. Looks like some kind of war-body... Though I have to say, it's certainly impressive to take in. While the shifter busied herself with the task set before her, Riss watched for the time being to observe not just what she did but how she did it; getting back into the aircar to circle around for a better view.

Really that was all she had in mind for this first exercise as while she felt confident that she had enough tools on hand to stop Sophia from causing harm to her person, attempting to surprise or agitate her to test her focus would probably leave more collateral damage than she really would care to deal with. At least there wasn't anything to outright prevent the shifter from accomplishing her task as far as the muse saw. It was an admittedly boring task but it was a good baseline to begin with.

Besides, it also meant that with all the energy that was likely consumed, it would be good practice on her part to test out a few recipes she had been meaning to try... Though hopefully It would match Sophia's palate...
    Sophia moves speedily, striding across the earth to the cars. She grabs the topmost one, crushing the metal slightly under her fingers. She hefts it upon her shoulder, and strides to the pile. Sophia repeats this process, moving most of the cars over before she kneels down, exhaustion taking their toll.
    Sophia emerges from her titan form, looking famished and tired.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac doesn't really want to be here for very long, but he wanted to eat something if they actually paid for something. He's perfectly happy to walk out now.
    He even goes over and takes Merissa's hand, chocolate or not.
    "Okay, so I may or may not see something absolutely terrible while I'm like this, so if I do I may or may not need to close my eyes and need you to guide me for a bit. So um, if you don't mind..." he says with a blush, still trying to make eye contact only or not look at her.

19. - Top - End - #199

Spooktacular

Alysha grins and nods. Alright! Sounds like fun!

Then she grabs a pumpkin at random and loads it. Alysha pulls the slingshot pretty far back for a woman her size. She doesn't have much experience using slingshots, so the first shot misses. Went pretty far above the target. Hope there isn't too much behind the targets.

The second shot hits the plywood at least. Clips the top of it in a shower of pumpkin guts. But, she still didn't hit the target itself.

On the third shot, Alysha takes a lot longer to aim. It was her last shot, after all. And taking the time paid off. She blasted the target. Chunks of pumpkin went all over. Alysha jumps up and down a bit, cheering.

Yes! Got it!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha will eat a little, too, before deciding that she doesn't like the idea of illusory flavors and follows.

Spooktober Spectacular!

"I'll try the brittle, but I'll only have another nutty ball later, after other people have had a chance." She looks over at Bonbon's shop as she tries the brittle. she is feeling a little adventurous...

21. - Top - End - #201

Red Zone - Trash

In a few seconds, even that essence is gone as well. Though, it isn't exactly gone - rather, it's changed shape. Specifically, it's changed into the pair of gauntlets and matching boots that Aiden's wearing all of a sudden. He twists one of his hands around to get a better look at the weapon. The gauntlets and boots look like they're made of junk metal, composed almost entirely of rough-hewn edges and looking severely rusted. He grins and clenches his fist, as purple flame emanates from his new weapons. He looks back at Susurrus's corpse, then turns back. "Garbage truck should be by on Friday," he says. "Just sit tight 'til then."

22. - Top - End - #202

La Debaucherie Cafe

Isaac doesn't really want to be here for very long, but he wanted to eat something if they actually paid for something. He's perfectly happy to walk out now.
    He even goes over and takes Merissa's hand, chocolate or not.
    "Okay, so I may or may not see something absolutely terrible while I'm like this, so if I do I may or may not need to close my eyes and need you to guide me for a bit. So um, if you don't mind..." he says with a blush, still trying to make eye contact only or not look at her.
    La Debaucherie Cafe

Tabitha will eat a little, too, before deciding that she doesn't like the idea of illusory flavors and follows.

Spooktober Spectacular!

"I'll try the brittle, but I'll only have another nutty ball later, after other people have had a chance." She looks over at Bonbon's shop as she tries the brittle. she is feeling a little adventurous...
    Zafflebrod's Off-Campus

Merissa looks at him oddly, but doesn't ask about what the drink did to him as she guides him across the street. It's probably something malicious like horror-vision.

That poor, naive girl.

The off campus facilities are essentially a giant warehouse with very little adorning the floor. There are boxes and pallets donated by construction companies for target practice and little else. Students are expected to bring their own supplies and tidy up their mess after they're done, but otherwise left alone to cut loose in whatever corner of the massive, open stone space they decide to use.

Merissa, now fully made of chocolate, is setting up to dispel herself and the other two, drawing from that new book she has with her, "It's full of archaic spells, and in the front cover is a cryptogram needed to translate them that I've been studying and turning into the basis for a translation spell for utilities class as a project. I don't know why, but I came back to the project after waking up today and finished it off. Might have had something to do with my dreams, since Tabby says they were pretty out there. Here we go... removing ongoing curses? Might be a bit strong, but it'd work." She's confident it would, in fact, as she looks more intently at the page.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaff's Off-Campus

Isaac manages to only gawk and gag a few times at all the poor souls he's being forced to view or risk crashing. Better Merissa never know, for what has been seen cannot be unseen.
    Once they enter, Isaac gives Merissa space to cast her stuff, standing off to the side with his hands behind his back, awkwardly trying to keep his gaze in the direction of anywhere but at her.
    This is awful. She doesn't even know, but he's far too responsible to gawk at her without her permission! Well, that's a lie. It's more that he knows that if he did she'd totally figure it out and have his head. And that would be no good.

24. - Top - End - #204

Alysha

Kapow!

Direct hit!

"Good job! Since you managed to hit the bullseye you get a prize!" the Headless Horse says as the spooky blue glow in his pumpkin head blazes all the brighter. A similar glow surrounds a nearby pumpkin pie and levitates it over to the vampire! "There you go, enjoy! Feel free to share the pie with friends, family, and even strangers out for a night of frightening fun. You never know what kind of amazing friendships might be sparked over a slice of pie."

Bella

The brittle is, unsurprisingly, rather delicious. The sweetness of the chocolate perfectly offsets the salty nuts.

And then?

Over to Bonbon's stand. The funny thing about many of the shops around Carousel Court is that they are, for the most part, the first floor of homes while the living quarters are on the second. It's like a bunch of cottage industries! That must just be the traditional way of setting things up for the equestrians. What a peculiar batch of people. Anywho! Bonbon is a cream colored mare with a rather striking curly cobalt and fuchsia mane who is, unsurprisingly, offering bonbons to the trick-or-treaters. The candies all come in dark chocolate with milk chocolate drizzle or milk chocolate with dark chocolate drizzle. The contents of the hollow chocolate shells are, of course, a complete mystery.

Near the stand a minty colored unicorn bard is playing a lyre whilst regaling a small crowd with spooky ballads from a wide range of various cultures. Seems she has been studying up on spooky harvest festival stories!

25. - Top - End - #205

A new girl comes! She's young, too, so that's why she's here instead of at the other Halloween Party. She's wearing a purple dress and tall purple boots. Her hair's black, with purple dyed at the end. Around her neck is a necklace of red gems. I suppose a picture would help.

In her hands is a creepy smiling doll that's grey and has a zipper for a mouth. Luckily, it's not moving (like so many other creepy things on Halloween).

She skips down the street, looking at all the different shops and stores. Unfortunately, her shoes make absolutely no sound when they hit the ground, which is strange enough - but, then again, we have talking ponies and all sorts of magic slippers, so why should silent skipping be that weird? Actually, probably the weirdest thing is that she doesn't have a single trick-or-treat bag.

"Oh! Look at all those people over there!" she tells her doll.

No response.

"What do you think they're doing?"

No response.

"Oh, I agree." She nods. "I was just wondering what it was that they had there."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-10-02 at 12:15 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #206

Spooktacular

Alysha beams as the pie is passed to her.

Awesome! Thank you!

The vampire will give him a quick hug before walking off, already working on one piece of pie.

As she walks, Alysha's attention is caught by a young girl in a purple dress holding a doll. She decides to greet this girl and walks up to her.

Hi! My name's Alysha. I like your dress. It's really pretty. Want a slice of pie? She offers the pumpkin pie in her hand, one slice already missing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #207

Spooktacular

Caelynn is here, dressed up as everyone's favorite glasses-wearing titan slaying scientist!
    Alexis is in her arms, dressed up as the ferocious tigger! Rawr!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

28. - Top - End - #208

Caelynn

How ferocious of a tiger are we talking here, relatively speaking? Because this is a pretty important bit of information. If we don't know how ferocious looking she is, how will we know how terrified we need to be?

Anywho!

The pair are here, but what are they doing?

Hunting for goodies? Checking out costumes? Looking for friends to socialize with? Checking out the festive games? Looking to plumb the depths of the cornfield maze?

Or maaaaybe-

A group of children dressed as Power Rangers go running past! "Hurry up! I heard they just opened the haunted house!"

Ooooh! A spooky haunted house!

29. - Top - End - #209

Caelynn
    No, we're talking Tigger.

Alexis is only a year old, so they're kinda just trying to find some fun to do while getting candy!
    Also Caelynn is dressed up as this: http://shingekinokyojin.wikia.com/wiki/Hange_Zo%C3%AB
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #210

"I've never had an orange pie before," she says in a deadpan tone. That's a yes, I suppose. Her hands don't make any move for the pie, though. They're too busy clutching the doll. Instead, her hair begins moving as if blown by the wind, towards the pie. I don't know exactly how it happens, but once the purple-tipped hair reaches and obscures the pie, another slice of it just disappears. Then, the wind dies down as quickly as it came. "It tastes good," she says in the same way.

Now that the pie's out of the way, she looks up and down Alysha's own costume, and replies in a much less impassive voice, "I like your stitches. My name's Alaine, but my friends call me Feufo." And by "friends" she means her doll. "But I think Feufo is a silly name. Every time I tell that to Jubaku, he laughs at me."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-10-02 at 11:46 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.