New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Good (and flavorful) builds for Archdemon worshippers.

Homebrewed archdemon, real up-and-comer, wants the utter destruction of good and law and is considered patron of Envy and Wrath. Any good builds for worshippers that fit this, around the same tier as a Wizard-Ur-Priest-Theurge? (Need three, ECL 15-17, hopefully a couple melee based).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Good (and flavorful) builds for Archdemon worshippers.

Wait, do you want stats for an archdemon or a worshipper of an archdemon? If worshipper, evil cleric is by far the best way to go.
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

i think this is to replace slain but not rezzed characters in an Ongoing Evil Campaign.

Any good builds for worshippers that fit this, around the same tier as a Wizard-Ur-Priest-Theurge? (Need three, ECL 15-17, hopefully a couple melee based).
    So Effective Tier 0 builds

Psion/Thrallherd with Spell to power Erudite lackies
    Druid/Planar Shepard keyed to Dal Quor
    Artificer abusing the Dark craft sacrifice rules from Book of Vile Darkness

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malroth View Post
    So Effective Tier 0 builds

Psion/Thrallherd with Spell to power Erudite lackies
    Druid/Planar Shepard keyed to Dal Quor
    Artificer abusing the Dark craft sacrifice rules from Book of Vile Darkness
    Eh, honestly Wizard/Ur-Priest isn't all that much more powerful than just one or the other. It's remarkably difficult to get into Ur-Priest without either losing caster levels or delaying entry until well after the point where you're not much better off than Wizard/Cleric. Certainly not so much better that you could compare it to a character with 18/20 psion manifesting and every power and arcane spell known or an artificer with unlimited XP. In fact, I'd put it at significantly lower than a well-optimized Incantatrix or Iot7V.

Maybe a Sorcerer/Barbarian/homebrew Rage Mage that doesn't suck/Abjurant Champion? Or an evil Sorcadin? Maybe a Sublime Chord—bards get plenty of Envyish spells along with rage.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

For those wondering, the Ur-Wizard is a Wizard 5/Mindbender 1/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

so 8th lv arcane casting 9th lv divine with an effective caster lv of 27 and Mindsight, Yeah there's no way a Sorcadin or rage mage can compete with that. Time to go research some cheese.
    Last edited by Malroth; 2014-09-21 at 02:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malroth View Post
    so 8th lv arcane casting 9th lv divine with an effective caster lv of 27 and Mindsight, Yeah there's no way a Sorcadin or rage mage can compete with that. Time to go research some cheese.
    7th-level arcane (6+8 = 14) and he's only one level from the point where a wizard or cleric would normally get level 9 spells (character level 16). Good, yes, but not so good a Sorcadin or homebrewed Rage Mage couldn't contribute. If it were head-to-head the Wizard would win ('cause, y'know, Wizard), but from what I understand this is for party members. You do not need to be at the same level as the caster to contribute to the party; otherwise there'd never be any point in playing a non-caster or half-caster.

Also, none of your recommendations have any thematic tie-in with an archdemon of Envy and Wrath. They're just generically powerful builds, and if the OP were looking for generically powerful builds he probably wouldn't have needed to post.

Other options include your bog-standard Wizard 5/PrCs, possibly with Arcane Disciple for the Wrath domain.

Paladin of Slaughter 4/Crusader 3/Divine Crusader 2/RKV 7. (Paladin of Tyranny has a much better aura, but there are alignment issues.) Binder 4/Crusader 4/Divine Crusader 2/RKV 6 using Tenebrous to get turning would work similarly. Depending on how you interpret it, the binder build could take Extra Turning to get a normal pool of rebuke attempts, albeit one with only 4 uses. Envy and wrath are both quite good domains, and you can swap them out with substitute domain as needed.

If you're up for some homebrew, the Teramach is rage incarnate and perfect for this.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep