New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default What issues would I be looking at with a Fallout WoD game?

Okay so on my list of prospective games to run when my turn in the DMing rotation comes up is a NWoD game set in the Fallout setting (or one very close to it). All the splats will be active I think, and I'll be using the Mirrors book to help facilitate the transition from modern setting to a post-apoc setting, but I'm kinda unsure as to what issues there would be with the setting change. My experience with WoD is limited, and I've never run a WoD game, so some general advice would be appreciated.
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: What issues would I be looking at with a Fallout WoD game?

Vampire food will be rare, remember to cut back on their numbers to compensate or find a way to make the cultivating of a food species part of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by sikyon View Post
    C'tan fight wars simply because they want more candy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

In no particular order:

Resources Merit: In normal nWoD acts basically as investment income but in a fallout type world without a functioning banking system this would be more involved-plus getting your share of the bottlecap profits if you are not in the same vault/settlement is a non-negligible matter.

Status (settlement/vault) Merit would become a dominant factor in your NPC's

Has the masquerade/veil whatever broken in places? How much? A vault openly run vampires may be pretty stable but would have interesting relations with its neighbors, if any

Also vaults would have to be a lot bigger than generally portrayed in Fallout to function on such a generations level.

Radiation in nWoD RAW wouldn't translate all that we'll and a new mechanical may have to be generated.

The various supernatural societies would mutate just as much if not more than the human ones under the isolation of settlements and vaults. Inter settlement cultural norms would probably largely break down so an "Invictus" culture would probably cease to exist without some form of communications

Communication abilities and travel abilities would be of much greater use and be leveraged for greater power.

Werewolves would be in huge trouble. The shadow would be in very bad condition-wounds everywhere. Would kill or drive them nuts. Could be a feature of the setting but hard to make playable. Anything using the spirit world would catch some of this but werewolves get it worst.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    Okay so on my list of prospective games to run when my turn in the DMing rotation comes up is a NWoD game set in the Fallout setting (or one very close to it). All the splats will be active I think, and I'll be using the Mirrors book to help facilitate the transition from modern setting to a post-apoc setting, but I'm kinda unsure as to what issues there would be with the setting change. My experience with WoD is limited, and I've never run a WoD game, so some general advice would be appreciated.
    I may be a little far off since this was a month ago, but if you want I did a Fallout nWoD conversion with a few changes to match the setting.

Character Sheet
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7k...ZfVW9vVmM/edit

Players Guide
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7k...ZKTG9fUlE/edit

There are some spelling errors, but of course I didn't find them till after I converted it to a PDF ages ago.