Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: WW Feudal Japan - Recruiting ends 2pm CST 25 Oct

Both is preferrable.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

(What Haruki said. I'll keep my pm box emptyish (new word) and have all pm's backed up on Gmail.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night ending, figuring out the inputs -

I have to say I love all of you guys. Some of these are hilarious - and the Halloween Treat will be showing a pm by pm input of the game as we go.

- - - Updated - - -

Note to anonymous question #1 - If you make a QT (which you can) (whatever that is) and I find out about it (or the agents of the Censor) - then they (I) would probably try to wipe all active players out in a daytime attack.

Meaning, if I get rumors or evidence of a player, they would probably get added to the casualties of a day activity.

This game is a little different, as each player has the ability to counter or influence the Narrator as well - but every player has counter goals for their own personal win conditions.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

These were night actions by Clans - They are posted in Most Recent down to the First Inputs (Make Sense?) Last inputs are on top, first inputs are on the bottom.

It was correctly pointed out that I HAD these in a wrong order, almost reversed.

Unnamed Protaganist Grew Stronger
    Clan Aged Banana Picklers Grew Stronger
    Haestingas Grew Stronger
    Paradise of Pretty Petunias Grew Stronger
    Correct Horse Battery Staple Sent in a Geisha
    Clan Sassoon Grew Stronger
    Teriyaki Killers Association Grew Stronger
    Sakura no Yoru/Cherry Blossom Night Grew Stronger
    Big Captain Panda Bribed Local Officials
    Team Unhygienic Panda Grew Stronger
    Captain Underpants Grew Stronger
    Golden Lllama Clan Grew Stronger
    Phantom Demon's Echo Grew Stronger
    The Cybernetic Anachronists Grew Stronger
    Llama's Exploding Shadow Grew Stronger
    The Beifong Clan Sent in a Geisha
    Kleptomaniac Pencil Waffles Grew Stronger
    Jumping Jehoshaphats Grew Stronger
    Failed Aviators Grew Stronger
    Other Order of Onmitsu Grew Stronger
    Spirits of the Silver Moon Grew Stronger
    Guilt Eating Panda Grew Stronger
    2 Fortress Team Grew Stronger
    Shôya Sushi Stormlords Grew Stronger
    Spooky Scary Skeletons Grew Stronger
    Hanzo Grew Stronger
    Taxmen Grew Stronger
    Disciples of Sashos Grew Stronger
    Clan Sandan Clan Bribed Local Officials
    The Fluffy Unicorns Grew Stronger
    Watashi wa pai ga suki Grew Stronger
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2014-10-30 at 02:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, some cool things happened last night phase, and I need to get out results as soon as I can work them through in the next hour.

I need to explain how the recruiting works for those that have - and were recruited. It's enough players and was in the rules that I listed were in the game - so here goes:

Let's say that Ten players use recruiting in the night phase.
    Inputs are taken in order they were received - so in this example - each player number is the order that I took the inputs.

1. Clan Name Alpha - Player Apple
    2. Clan Name Bravo - Player Ben
    3. Clan Name Charlie - Player Chuck
    4. Clan Name Delta - Player David
    5. Clan Name Echo - Player Ed
    6. Clan Name Foxtrot - Player Frank
    7. Clan Name Golf - George
    8. Clan Name - Hotel - Hank
    9. Clan Name - Indigo - Player - Iago
    10. Clan Name - Juliet - Player Juan

So - from these players - complete mash of inputs:
    1. Clan Name Alpha - Player Apple - Recruits Iago
    2. Clan Name Bravo - Player Ben - Recruits David
    3. Clan Name Charlie - Player Chuck - Recruits Iago
    4. Clan Name Delta - Player David - Recruits Ed
    5. Clan Name Echo - Player Ed - Recruits David
    6. Clan Name Foxtrot - Player Frank - Recruits Juan
    7. Clan Name Golf - George - Recruits David
    8. Clan Name - Hotel - Hank - Recruits Iago
    9. Clan Name - Indigo - Player - Recruits Juan
    10. Clan Name - Juliet - Player Juan - Recruits Iago

Ok then -
    1. Clan Alpha is now:
    Apple (Clan Leader)
    Iago

2. Clan Bravo is now:
    Ben (Clan Leader)
    David

Things get interesting:
    3. Clan Name Charlie - Player Chuck - Recruits Iago
    This means clan Apple has been merged with Clan Charlie.

This is how things look now:
    1. Chuck (Clan Leader)
    2. Iago
    3. Apple

But - If Chuck get's killed, may become clan leader if the other players support - or Apple may try to force Iago to revert back to Clan Alpa.

But things get more interesting:

4. Clan Name Delta - Player David - Recruits Ed
    Delta is now:
    1. David (Clan Leader)
    2. Ed

5. Clan Name Echo - Player Ed - Recruits David
    But Ed now recruits for Clan Delta.... so this actually means that they switch places

Clan Delta now looks like this:
    1. Ed (Clan Leader)
    2. David

6. Clan Name Foxtrot - Player Frank - Recruits Juan
    Foxtrot is
    1. Frank (Clan Leader)
    2. Juan

7. Clan Name Golf - George - Recruits David
    Again things are interesting:
    David has again jumped places -
    Golf is:
    1. George
    2. David
    3. Ed

If George were to die - the players would have to decide if they were to stay with David in charge of Clan Golf, or revert back to Clan Delta with Ed in charge

Ok, back to the other clans:
    8. Clan Name - Hotel - Hank - Recruits Iago
    Clan Hotel - Hank has recruited Iago
    So now Clan Hotel is:
    1. Hank (Clan Leader)
    2. Iago
    3. Chuck
    4. Apple

9. Clan Name - Indigo - Player - Iago - Recruits Juan

Iago no longer recruits for Indigo - he now recruits for Clan Hotel.

When he recruits Juan, this is the new order:

1. Hank (Clan Leader)
    2. Iago
    3. Juan
    4. Chuck
    5. Apple

10. Clan Name - Juliet - Player Juan - Recruits Iago
    Finally - Juliet recruits Iago (very popular). But Julio Also no recruits for Clan Hotel.

Clan Hotel now looks like this:
    1. Hank (Clan Leader)
    2. Juan
    3. Iago
    4. Chuck
    5. Apple

Essentially, Iago now has given loyalty to Juan if something were to happen.

In other words - if you recruit *within* a clan, they other player - your recruit - is now placed below you in line.

All of these actions have happened last night, and I have to get to work - so it's hard to get all these actions out in the next hour.

I will send out updates in about 12 hours, there *is* a chance that several players that haven't gotten inputs in *could* get actions -

Inputting clan names isn't your action - that was homework *before* the start of Night 1, so if you don't have an action - then you might want to send it.

Otherwise - please role play until I'm able to get the night updates made.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

My only criticism is that I think you've forgotten your phonetic alphabet (Apple instead of Adam, C'mon!)
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-10-30 at 02:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

That is the most insanely, gloriously complicated recruitment mechanic I've ever seen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just wait, there's even more to come - there's nothing saying you can't commit actions against your own team members... Night Kill, lying about scrys, private negotiations...

If you want the ultimate prize - the one winner over all winners, you're probably going to have to get your hands a little bloody.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

So (paraphrased) "night actions occur in the order they were recieved."
    Doesn't this mean that recruitment should be done last to first? Otherwise getting your action in early is actually a detriment. I'm better off waiting until the very last moment.
    If I get my action in immediately, like immediately upon nightfall, and recruit Haruki, I should be te clan leader. But now someone can just come along ten seconds before dawn and recruit me and now my attention to timing to keep my position was wasted.
    Seems like a flaw that I'm better off waiting until the last moment to recruit when every other night action it's better to get it in immediately.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    So (paraphrased) "night actions occur in the order they were recieved."
    Doesn't this mean that recruitment should be done last to first? Otherwise getting your action in early is actually a detriment. I'm better off waiting until the very last moment.
    If I get my action in immediately, like immediately upon nightfall, and recruit Haruki, I should be te clan leader. But now someone can just come along ten seconds before dawn and recruit me and now my attention to timing to keep my position was wasted.
    Seems like a flaw that I'm better off waiting until the last moment to recruit when every other night action it's better to get it in immediately.
    I think it helps make up for the fact that some people's schedules will make them always have later actions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

While the system does encourage slow balling your actions, this example doesn't actually work because you'd be boned either way. Whether they recruit you early or late in the night you still end up being under them. Now if they were to recruit HARUKI, on the other hand, this is a valid point - if you posted first, you recruit Haruki, they recruit Haruki, then they get control over you due to how borg assimilation recruitment works. But if you entered your action last and they recruited Haruki, you'd get Haruki AND them under you because of how recruitment travels.

I think. It is kind of a cluster fudge . I'm kind of surprised everyone has recruitment abilities to be honest. It makes me wonder if there are even ninjas here at all or it's just every samurai for themselves.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I think it helps make up for the fact that some people's schedules will make them always have later actions.
    But the reverse is also true.
    People that can't conform to that shedule are penalized.
    Not that it really matters much. I mean, it's just a game. It just seems odd that every night action happens by order of operation, but that in essence screws recruitment to a backward state.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    While the system does encourage slow balling your actions, this example doesn't actually work because you'd be boned either way. Whether they recruit you early or late in the night you still end up being under them. Now if they were to recruit HARUKI, on the other hand, this is a valid point - if you posted first, you recruit Haruki, they recruit Haruki, then they get control over you due to how borg assimilation recruitment works. But if you entered your action last and they recruited Haruki, you'd get Haruki AND them under you because of how recruitment travels.

I think. It is kind of a cluster fudge . I'm kind of surprised everyone has recruitment abilities to be honest. It makes me wonder if there are even ninjas here at all or it's just every samurai for themselves.
    Exactly. I grabbed 'Ruki first, and I'm third in line now, or whatever.
    It just seems extremely counterintuitive to me.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2014-10-30 at 02:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

But the reverse is also true.
    People that can't conform to that shedule are penalized.
    Not that it really matters much. I mean, it's just a game. It just seems odd that every night action happens by order of operation, but that in essence screws recruitment to a backward state.
    Early birds benefit more from non-recruitment actions. Unbalanced equality.

Besides, as far as I can tell there's nothing stopping you from recruiting your clan leader the next night. This game is gong to be pure chaos.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

Besides, as far as I can tell there's nothing stopping you from recruiting your clan leader the next night. This game is gong to be pure chaos.
    I don't really care anyway. I'm one of the few people that didn't recruit last night, so I'm already behind the eight ball and became someone's prison b*&#h apparently.

15. - Top - End - #135

RedKnightGirl

...huh, I didn't even think about that. Those who are wolves can probably just kill someone before they can recruit, and then the recruitment won't resolve. If it's an action and not vote based, I have no idea. On the other hand, villager actions like scrying and baning are kind of timing neutral at least, so at least we aren't PUNISHED for going early/later. Unless baning doesn't work if someone issues a kill command before hand, which would be... mean.

I don't really care anyway. I'm one of the few people that didn't recruit last night, so I'm already behind the eight ball and became someone's prison b*&#h apparently.
    Actually that might work in your favor - if you have no underlings, they can't recruit you through osmosis. Though they could have just recruited you directly, but that would have happened no matter what in that case.
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-10-30 at 02:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Unless baning doesn't work if someone issues a kill command before hand, which would be... mean.
    He's said it's strictly the order received. But I think banes carry over in this game, so if you baned yourself tonight you'd be unkillable tomorrow. Not that anybody did. (What are the odds the Geisha got 'We Grow Stonger' as the scried action? )
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

WE GROW STRONGER encourages slow balling, but what about the Arts of Death?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

[InsertEvilNarratorLaughHere]
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

19. - Top - End - #139

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    WE GROW STRONGER encourages slow balling, but what about the Arts of Death?
    The what of what? I don't think we all got the same roles. I mean it IS samurai vs ninja, albeit a very messed up version. Some of us are samurai and some of us are ninja, so we must have different power sets.

Speaking of which - outed ninja! We have a lynch target!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe I misread the rules, but I didn't take that as the situation when you recruit a player.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

I am so confused.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

22. - Top - End - #142

Well this is going to be a glorious train wreck.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Well this is going to be a glorious train wreck.
    The best pat is going to be when it turns out Clans don't actually mean anything and all this convoluted craziness is actually pointless.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

The best pat is going to be when it turns out Clans don't actually mean anything and all this convoluted craziness is actually pointless.
    Clans matter, for those in clans which is everyone, because of the win condition to equal or exceed the rest of the players in the game. We haven't even had night kills yet from those with the ability.

As for anyone recruiting themselves... I think there's a functionality there that can be worked into the game.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Erikku digs himself out of the barrel outside of The Emerald Dragon, groaning. What a night, tea and things other than tea. Pity that he didn't have quite enough for that last service. Oh well, things should clear up soon.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night ends, trying to get all the inputs out - at least the clans and the other actions will be sent before bed. I'll update this post when day starts.

Day 2 Begins. It will last at least 48 hours - I wanted it to end with Halloween, but alas tis not to be this year. (I owe too many inputs for players.)

Many or all of you should have updates.

Sange was arrested by Samurai at Dawn. Sange was a Shinobi, his head has been presented to the Censor.
    Sange was a Ronin - he did not get a Clan input in for the game.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2014-10-31 at 01:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

There really isn't anything to go off, but I'll just point at Logic because we don't need any of that around here.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    There really isn't anything to go off, but I'll just point at Logic because we don't need any of that around here.
    And I thought I was going to like you!

Right now my plans require Tanar to go, or I'd be go for a Cuth bandwagon.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-11-01 at 07:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

Voting Lex-Kat early has never led to my immediate and horrible death.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

RedKnightGirl

Is no-one else freaked out by the fact that Nonayer is still around despite having been thoroughly lynched yesterday? Finish the job!