New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Wolf Game - Stranded in space - Night One

It means that those that go cannot be lynched even if they have the most votes. The next one in line for a lynch dies instead. You still need a majority.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Just noticed something important regarding Fleeing Coward and his claim as neutral. In the traitor roles, there is the camouflage expert and the secret agent. The camo expert can disguise himself or another player as whatever alignment he wants(but does not work against Psykers) and the secret agent always scries as crew(but does not work against espionage drones). This could mean that Fleeing Coward is a wolf in disguise, so I'd advise everyone to not trust him.
    I made my name too long, so just call me "AsteronI."

Spoiler: WW story
    Show
    About to die as wolf.
    Claims mason.
    Gets counter-claimed
    Baner dies by auto-lynch

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

The thread should be renamed.
    Elementalist of the Redcloak Fan Club

Awesome avatar by Eldan.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

otakuryoga, halae, aspi

firedaemon33
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.
    I would advise that you trust Ramsus with this statement
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-10-11 at 08:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Well...Since I'm only one vote behind the leader, I'd like to say that I'd really rather not be lynched, for several reason, the least of which is that this is, I think, the second time I've stayed alive past Day 1, and the first time I've done it as a villager. I'd like to have another achievement besides 'Threw Game as a Wolf' under my belt.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Wolf Game - Stranded in space - Day Two

Kezzan blinks large, dark eyes at the other occupants in the room.

((Asteronironhoof because according to my list we don't have the minimum lynch for either candidate yet.
    Halae, aspi and Internet Flea for the rescue mission.))
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

Huh. That's an odd situation to come back to and I feel kind of stuck with my vote now. I don't really like that.

Like I stated at the start of the day, I originally voted for Asteron because I'm not sure if I can agree with Deathslayer that the two wagons on day one were completely random with no information and I wanted to follow up on that. It didn't get us that much information sadly and it does look like it did indeed start a wagon. Deathslayer immediately jumping to Asteron's defense today after she had already pushed the Phantom counterwagon yesterday seems a bit odd to me. Could be something fishy, but it could also be because she started the Asteron wagon herself with a joke point on day one, so I don't want to read too much into that.

With the current vote count however, I would only increase our chances of getting a tie or not enough for a lynch if I switched my vote to someone else. I don't want to do that.

I'll give my third vote for the life support mission to Tanar.
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

If it makes you feel better, Aspi, I've mostly stayed on Asteron because I'm the counterwagon and because his answer to being pressured was to immediately vote for me without any reason beyond me starting a wagon on him.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

McGinty emerges from a maintenance closet, wearing what appears to be a vomit-stained wedding dress. Groaning quietly to himself as he crawls along the ground, he seems to be doing his best to keep his eyes shut against the bright lights of the conference room. After waving a hand in the vague direction of otakuryoga, he turns around and crawls back into the closet, pulling the door shut behind him, and sets to making himself comfortable once more on the pile of empty beer cans that serves as his bed.

12. - Top - End - #162

SwashbucklerGuy

Day is now over.

Narration to come when I have time.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by AsteronIronhoof View Post
    Just noticed something important regarding Fleeing Coward and his claim as neutral. In the traitor roles, there is the camouflage expert and the secret agent. The camo expert can disguise himself or another player as whatever alignment he wants(but does not work against Psykers) and the secret agent always scries as crew(but does not work against espionage drones). This could mean that Fleeing Coward is a wolf in disguise, so I'd advise everyone to not trust him.
    Missed this post earlier but I'll address it now - neither of those roles can fool the Psyker to scry them or anyone else as neutral though.
    I'm also not asking for anyone to trust or network with me, I'm asking to be left alone since I only care about surviving to the end. Makes no difference to me which side wins so just leave me out of it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Missed this post earlier but I'll address it now - neither of those roles can fool the Psyker to scry them or anyone else as neutral though.
    I'm also not asking for anyone to trust or network with me, I'm asking to be left alone since I only care about surviving to the end. Makes no difference to me which side wins so just leave me out of it.
    But only the Psyker. The other neutrals (if any) might be a little annoyed at you since your 'welcoming' to the camo expert to disguise himself as you. It will mean any other neutrals will be placed under even more suspicion that you are.

Secondly, publicly claiming like that is decidedly not a neutral act; its Anti-Village. So if you want to be a fence sitter, you will need to do something pro-village to call it square.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    But only the Psyker. The other neutrals (if any) might be a little annoyed at you since your 'welcoming' to the camo expert to disguise himself as you. It will mean any other neutrals will be placed under even more suspicion that you are.
    Please enlighten me as to how the camo expert can disguise himself as me.

Secondly, publicly claiming like that is decidedly not a neutral act; its Anti-Village. So if you want to be a fence sitter, you will need to do something pro-village to call it square.
    I don't see how it's anti-village. For all intensive purposes, I'm basically taking myself out of the game. Neither side will gain anything from killing me so if they want to waste time to ge rid of me, they're sabotaging their own chances.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

For all intensive purposes, I'm basically taking myself out of the game. Neither side will gain anything from killing me so if they want to waste time to ge rid of me, they're sabotaging their own chances.
    Which is precisely why I despise neutral roles.
    How is it fun to sign up for a game and then find out that your best chances of winning lie in not actually playing?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Please enlighten me as to how the camo expert can disguise himself as me.
    He can change his role/alignment to match yours. How's that not clear?

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    He can change his role/alignment to match yours. How's that not clear?
    Psyker sees through it, I specifically never gave my role name so how am I enabling them from doing anything they couldn't already do anyways?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Psyker sees through it, I specifically never gave my role name so how am I enabling them from doing anything they couldn't already do anyways?
    That just one guy out of the 20 players. Still useful for the others that have different abilities. Who's to say the Camo guy can't directly clone your role. Or they find other ways to learn it.

It the end, I just think your action was anti-town, I won't be drawn into further discourse about it as you are sort of right about one thing...

Neither side will gain anything from killing me so if they want to waste time to ge rid of me, they're sabotaging their own chances.
    The same is probably true talking with/about you.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

he could make one up. The village would never know as it is a neutral role. Just saying.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2014-10-12 at 07:33 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

21. - Top - End - #171

I don't see how it's anti-village. For all intensive purposes, I'm basically taking myself out of the game. Neither side will gain anything from killing me so if they want to waste time to ge rid of me, they're sabotaging their own chances.
    I agree with Sprig on this one. If you truly are neutral and as uninvolved as you claim, then it's rather anti-crew to pose as bait for the psyker, since scrying you would essentially be a wasted night action with not much gain in information. The fact that you conveniently manage to bring up your claim again right as the day ends strikes me as odd.

22. - Top - End - #172

Because there's only a chance that I could be a wolf and no chance that I could be town right? Just because the wolves know I'm not one of them doesn't mean they know I'm not a villager or power role pulling a gambit so they'd have to waste a scry on me too if they want to be sure.

I did what I can to maximise my chances of winning with the role I'm given. You guys can try all you want to convince or threaten me to help your side like a certain someone has already done but I'm not getting involved so don't bother. If either side wants to potentially waste multiple actions to get rid of me, go for it, it's your loss.

I didn't ask for this role and I don't like the fact that I came to the conclusion that this is my best chance of victory but things are the way they are and there's not much I can do about it. If you want to complain, complain to the narrator about it at the end of the game since he's the one that created the roles, not me.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Wolf Game - Stranded in space - Night Two

As the crew argued about who the next potential traitor to get the axe would be three other brave souls were gearing up in preparation for their mission to repair the life support.

The reasons for being chosen were flimsy at best but they didn't have a lot of good options. Weston Easton (Internet Flea) was chosen for already being just like a mutant so how bad could the radiations affect him? Private Samuelson (Halae) was a mutant so she should be immune to radiation... and Ren Browder(aspi) was the logical choice because everyone knew marines weren't really human so radiations wouldn't do much to them. The small team geared up and left towards the outer decks of the ship hoping that none of their number was actually a traitor. The three of them should complete the mission before the end of night and they should return just in time for the crack of dawn barring any unexpected developments. As they were leaving they could hear that the general consensus was that Kevin "Ironhoof" Asteron was clearly the one that murdered poor Antioch.

Kevin had foreseen his impending demise and had no intention of waiting around to get frozen to death or some other terrible fate. He ran from the conference room with all the speed he could muster and prayed that he could find an adequate hiding place. He kept having to change his direction by ducking in side corridors or climbing or descending to upper or lower decks because his way was blocked by debris or another crew member tried to head him off. Just as he though he had escaped three people showed up at the end of a long corridor. He turned around to go backtrack but three others were waiting for him blocking his retreat. It seemed he was doomed but he was going to go down swinging.

"Stay back! I am innocent but I will defend myself if you come any closer!" he shouted at the approaching comrades.

"It's six against one Kevin. Give up and come quietly and we'll just throw you in the brig until this is all over." replied special agent Cobalt.

"The brig? That place has no atmosphere now. Nice try but I have no intention of suffocating... stay away from me and I won't have to hurt you!" As he said all this he took off his boot but instead of a normal foot he pulled out a large... iron... hoof. He sets it down on the floor with a deafening clang. "They don't call me Ironhoof for nothing."

At the sight of the strange metal appendage some of the other crew members back down intimidated, but not special Agent Cobalt. He lunged at Ironhoof without warning but Kevin was ready and he round house kicked the man in the face throwing him back unconscious. This shocked the rest into action. As the other crew members jumped him, Kevin tried to fight them off and he gave as good as he got, even crushing someones leg with his iron hoof but in the end he was overpowered. They brought him down and bound and gagged him. He was taken back to the conference room where the rest of the crew and the captain waited.

"While you were hunting him down I had someone search his room for evidence,"
    the captain spoke solemnly as the potential traitor was lain at his feet. "What we found was disturbing. It seems he is the one that introduced the worms that crashed the ships systems."

The crew roared in outrage at the news. Asteron tried to say something but all that came out was gibberish because of the gag obstructing his mouth. One of the crew members in the hit him over the back of his head to quiet him.

"We will execute him for his crimes," the captain continued, "there is no need to investigate further, the evidence is irrefutable and his attempt at killing his fellow crew members when they tried to apprehend him speaks of his guilt."

They picked the traitor up and took him to his quarters. There the captain took out his side arm and shoot him several times. First his legs and the his arms. Letting him feel the pain before finally putting the bastard out of his misery with shot in the head. The crew went to their bunks that night feeling a little safer knowing that justice had been served that day.

Day two is now over. Night Two Begins now and ends in 24 hours.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Asteron Ironhoof was lynched. He was a traitor and the hacker.

Spoiler: PLAYERS (21/24)
    Show
    Player
    Role
    Alive?
    1) aspi
    2) AsteronIronHoof The Hacker Riddled with holes
    3) Aventine
    4) Count DingDong
    5) Deathslayer7
    6) Duck999
    7) Elemental
    8) firedaemon33
    9) Fleeing Coward
    10) Halae
    11) Haruki-kun
    12) Internet Flee
    13) Legato Endless crew member Beaten to a pulp
    14) Mrs Mcginty
    15) otakuryoga
    16) Penguinator
    17) Rain Dragon
    18) Ramsus
    19) Sange
    20) Shadow
    21) Sprig
    22) Tanar Aerdoth
    23) ThePhantom Medic The coolest corpse
    24) Wolfbane

The results of the repair mission will be announced at the start of Day 3. (Before I get asked about it)

Penguinator missed two days and must vote on the 3rd day to avoid auto-lynch.

Terribly sorry for taking so long. Weekends always mess up my schedule.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

well that certainly makes me look guilty
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Bleh, sorry for disappearing over the weekend. I try my best not to miss days, kind of a code, and I'm going to make an effort to catch up and get to analyzing and roleplay. I know that when I was glancing through earlier, I noticed the wave of aspi/Halae green votes, which daubtless had some reason to them. But then AsteronIronhoof was lynched as wolf, so... now I guess I have stuff to work on? Off to read the thread and contribute more when morning comes...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

Weston Easton slowly trudged his way through the ship corridors, idly digging through the bag of tools the team had brought. Some of the tools he recognized, in so much as he had seen the engineers use them from time to time; some were complete mysteries. He pulled out an elongated piece of metal that bent at a right angle, trying in vain to figure out why it was in the bag. Maybe it was some kind of practical joke that only the engineers would get.

He looked to his two companions, flinching slightly at the sight of Samuelson's extra eye. Weston had seen weirder things in his day, but that didn't mean he had gotten used to them.

"So, uh... do either of you know how to fix this system? Will this hammer help, do you think? Or maybe we'll need a larger hammer, I think there's a larger one in here."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Because there's only a chance that I could be a wolf and no chance that I could be town right? Just because the wolves know I'm not one of them doesn't mean they know I'm not a villager or power role pulling a gambit so they'd have to waste a scry on me too if they want to be sure.

I did what I can to maximise my chances of winning with the role I'm given. You guys can try all you want to convince or threaten me to help your side like a certain someone has already done but I'm not getting involved so don't bother. If either side wants to potentially waste multiple actions to get rid of me, go for it, it's your loss.

I didn't ask for this role and I don't like the fact that I came to the conclusion that this is my best chance of victory but things are the way they are and there's not much I can do about it. If you want to complain, complain to the narrator about it at the end of the game since he's the one that created the roles, not me.
    Who's threatening you? edit - never mind.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-10-13 at 03:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not really, but I'm good with my hands and I'm good at figuring out where things fit," Tabby says, grunting, "That hammer will probably help in getting bolts and screws our, yeah. I'm kind of... small... so I'm going to need you two to do most of the heavy lifting while I enact repairs."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #179

Ren shook his head as he trudged along "I don't think you're supposed to use a hammer to hit things. When I talked to her a few weeks ago, engineer Dawn was rather adamant that wrenches are used for hitting things until they work. Do we have one of those in there?" He leaned over to glance into the bag, then sighed "But what do I know? Maybe the automated repair drones are still functional. There are automated repair drones, right?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think so. I'm pretty sure they're in compartments, though, so we'll have to go looking for them if we want to use them, and then we've gotta find one that survived the explosions. Bleak, but possible."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.