New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTA: SoF 2 The next generation.

As the eggs are handed out, Reg stares at the mew for a moment as he gets handed the egg, surprised at the appearance of the energetic pink mon as David sniffs the mon in interest, trying to get its attention each time Spectrum popped up to play with the elder pokemon. Then the fact he's holding an egg registers and overrides the fact he saw a mew.
    "Oh, dude! Sweet! Thanks!"
    As the two ladies talk, Reg listens and nods. He steps forward, and speaks up.
    "Don't worry, we'll make sure to be on good behavior, right David?"
    The skiddo pauses from its most recent attempt at getting up on a table to reach Spectrum and Alana's shoulder to get the mew's attention, and looks sheepishly at the girls before hopping back down.
    "Skiddo!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

KAS nods, watching the door to the outside, perfectly still otherwise. Until he received the Pokedex. He looked at it a few times before trying to... yep, he wasn't able to. He looked around the Pokedex before discovering a port he could use to install the device into his chassis. He quickly poked Will, trying to get his attention and ask for help.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Cuz, you are so screwed," Will uttered with an amused grin upon seeing the devilish smile shared by the shinobi duo, before taking a moment to hug and properly greet his aunt and Spectrum. Though at the mention of his mother and aunt's fury, the lad looses a bashful smile; having heard just how ...pragmatic the pair could be in their youth.

Shrugging the thought off, the boy opted to answer Sylvia's question with his own, "Since you guys know more about local spots and news right now than we do; any suggestions on stuff we should look, or avoid?" he questioned curiously as his partner studied their new egg.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Weiss nods, accepting the Pokedex and examining the emblem curiously before nodding at the three. "Indeed - just bear in mind," he says, "I won't promise to simply stand by if I hear slander against the Kumori name. You should already know that I didn't come here simply to ignore slurs against my grandfather." Sighing and shaking his head, he continues, "Still, I doubt that'll be of any concern outside of Violight..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

'We got it Sylvia. What we do makes you look good or look bad, so play nice. I can't promise you about the others, but I'll behave.'

He gave Will's question a nod. 'Yeah, we don't exactly know the layout of the land. Since we'll be taking on the gyms, where is the nearest one. I'd like to scope it out before I try anything.' If he knows what type they use, it'll be easier to find something to counter it.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Spectrum playfully floats around between Emma and Alana, evidently not a single care in the world in it's mind when the Skiddo tries to get it's attention. He waves at the goat, to acknowledged it, but doesn't do much else.

"Your pokedexes have a map of the whole region. So finding where to go shouldn't be too much of an issue." Emma gestures towards Uldina who proceeds to Vanna White the pokedex's map. According to the map, the gym was just past the pokemon center on the other side of the battle parks.

"Of Course Weiss." Sylvia smiles at the boy. "On Ransei you not only have a right to defend the honor of clan and family, but it is also your duty to do so." She also looks over to her children before continuing. "Only keep in mind that there's a time in place for everything."

"As for where to avoid, there isn't much to be concerned about locally. This town is friendly enough."

Spoiler: map and stuff
    Show

map's also on line 34 on the pad.

for those who don't get the Vanna white thing, she's the lady from the wheel of fortune who reveals the letters.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Ed nudges Will in the shoulder. 'Hear that? Anyone insults our family, and the family name has to be defended. I proclaim you the Family Champion, so that's your job.'

He looks carefully at the map. 'So, if I remember correctly, Fontaine is a Water region, so the Gym is likely a Water gym? In that case, if I head up here,' he points to Greenleaf, 'I might find a pokemon useful in taking on the Gym. Well, it's not much of a plan, but it's a start.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Reg goes over to Ed, peering over his shoulder.
    "Oh, huh. Which one'd have the best chances of slowpokes then?"
    David bleats to the mew, still hopping about the elder trainers.
    "Kinda looks like a pokemon, doesn't it?"
    Again, not the fastest mind in the world...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Weiss nods at Sylvia's comment, then turns towards Ed at the other boy's questions about the gym and replies, "Greenleaf and Violight would be the best kingdoms to find Pokemon suited for overcoming the challenges here in Fontaine, yes - though I might actually be well poised to take on the gym here myself. It depends on whether the battles are one-on-one, or whether more Pokemon would be used I suppose."

To Reg, he continues, "It's long been held as legend that the Ransei region bears the image of Arceus himself - another legend holds that Arceus will appear before the one who can conquer and unite all of the kingdoms within Ransei." Weiss ponders for a moment before continuing, "I'd say that's probably a large part of the reason why Ransei's warrior culture has persisted so much - those who believe the legend hoping for the chance to gain Arceus's favor."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"W-Wha?! Why do I have'ta do it? I mean, I wouldn't want to hog all the glory for myself! We should share it!" countered Will, already sweating bullets at the thought of the shenanigans Edie might put him through because of this custom.

"Yeah, unless my new little buddy here hatches before then Dani an' me are gonna have a hard time 'round Greenleaf and Fontaine," he reports with a slight frown, "So Violight sounds easiest for both of us unless things change,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

KAS pokes Will again, pointing at himself and then the new Pokedex. He wanted him to install the Pokedex into his inner workings, which looked easy enough.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I don't think i'd fair too well at the gym here... So i'm not opposed to the idea of doing some exploring first." Uldina thought aloud before turning to her brother, who only shrugged in response.

"As already stated, what you do is entirely your choice. So feel free to do whatever." Sylvia reminded before adding her advice. "Though i'd might at least check out the gym to get an idea of what you'd be up against."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Weiss nods, and says, "If you're uncertain of your own chances there, perhaps I could challenge the gym to give you a better idea of what to expect. I would have the advantage here, after all - barring a small handful of water types, anyway."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Oh! You want me to help with your Dex Kas?," he starts upon feeling the robot's prodding, smiling as he picks up the black pokedex; looking it over to see how best to integrate it into his friend's systems. "Shouldn't be too hard I think; if ya let me I think I can have it set in a bit, if we go to the side for a bit," he kindly offered as he picked up the tail end of Sylvia's suggestions.

"Sounds like a plan then; we check out the gym, and decide where to head to from there," he summed up cheerfuly, while shifting through the pokedex's menu for ideas, "Just let me hook this up to Kas before we head out, 'kay?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

'As long as it's not me risking my butt, I'm all for one of us challenging the gym. I'll root for ya Weiss.'

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Meanwhile, Reg doesn't respond because he's already wandered off with his skiddo after saying thanks and farewell to Sylvia, Emma, and Alana again. They both head for the gym. For (slow)bros!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone minus surfer dude!

William finds it easy fixing the pokedex into Kas' system, albeit somewhat time consuming while making sure that the new hardware didn't cause any issues.

"Well, We certainly wish you luck on your travels." Emma finished her tea before standing up and giving Uldina a motherly hug. "You be good out there."

Most of you all can see Jayce roll his eyes at the signs of family affection. "Right...good luck sis. I'll be going with mom for a while to finish up some of my training."

"You boys play nice now!" Alana gives both William and Edward a kind but yet stern look before donning her hood, concealing her face once more, and getting up to leave with the other adults.

"Call us if you run into any emergencies." Sylvia added before leaving.

With little else to do after Kas' pokedex had been properly fitted into his system, your little group heads out to the gym not realizing that one of your group had already wandered away while the group was deciding what to do next.

Surfer dude!

Following the map and navigating, you eventually find your way to the gym. The building seemed stand out a bit, looking like it was very recently built compared to the surrounding area but still kept with the traditional appearance. In honestly, it looked more like a small castle than a gym with it's gated walls surrounding the outside.

The entrance of the gym had a guard posted on each side of the gate. They seemed to be fairly relaxed, only eyeing the occasional passerby, and let you by with no problems. Once inside you see trainers battling the gym trainers near the many Koi ponds around the courtyard area. There are a few gym trainers standing around making idle chat in their native tongue as the observe the battles.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Having finished the delicate task of patching the Dex with K.A.S.'s system, Will gives his aunts and Jayce a good farewell before helping the group find their way to the gym; though admittedly being occasionally distracted when by the sights every so often, as one thing or another catch his eye. They were still tourists after all, and in no rush; so he didn't see the harm in dallying every once in a while.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Dilly Dally Shilly Shally

Even with your lag behind Reg and dilly dallying, the group manages to catch up with the wandering suffer fairly quickly. The walk over to the gym was uneventful, though your arrival seemed to have made the guards become more alert with the presence of your robotic companion. They don't move to stop you but they watch you closely as you pass through.

Once inside the gym's courtyard you find Reg standing around watching some of matches in progress. Soon after, some of the gym trainers who were previously just standing around idly approach the group.

"May we help you?" The first trainer spoke in a very thick Ransei accent. The others that followed him poorly hid their laziness at the prospect that they might have to actually work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Really sorry everyone. One thing lead to another and then I got busy for a while but lets get this show back on the road.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Once the others get there, they notice Reg putzing around with his pokedex, excitedly scanning anything he can first. Seems he got a little distracted. Then the person speaks up, and both he and David are a bit surprised when the trainer speaks, causing him to fumble with his brand new pokedex before David manages to catch it.
    "Oh, uh, hi. Uh, yes, is it possible to find more information about local pokemon here? I've always had interest in slowpoke, and figured the water gym was one of the best places to start seeking one out."
    After a brief pause, Reg looks around to them, breeze beginning to play among the group as he thinks about what to do.
    "Right, introductions first, introductions are a good spot to start. I'm Reggie Melar, this is my skiddo, David. And you all are?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Weiss allows Reg to speak first, and says, "My name is Weiss Atharva... and I am here to challenge the Fontaine gym."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The trainer raised a brow at Wiess before smiling. "We have another challenger then?" He then turned towards one of the others, "Inform Lady Motochika, she has another challenger." They nodded before rushing head into the building.

"As for your request, Reggie." He paused to think about for a moment. "Some of the river fishermen say that slowpokes can sometimes be found along the shores of the rivers outside of the city. They say that they mark good spots to fish. You could try looking around there."

He then motions for the group to follow him into the interior of the gym. After passing through a hall decorated with pearl statues and fountains, those who followed the man come to a large room that was mostly a pool with a long path way thought the middle and small platforms scattered though out the water. The water appear to be a deep blue, making it difficult seeing the bottom, other than that you notice decorative water plants floating around.

"Welcome to my gym." A voice comes from the opposite end of the room. Looking towards the source of the voice, you see a girl who appears to be in her late teens but with white hair. After a moment you realize why you didn't notice of her immediately. The way she was dressed, in her blue and white kimono, she blended into the into the room rather too well. "I am Kae Motochika, leader of this gym. I am told that I have another challenger today?"
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Weiss bows to the kimono-wearing woman, and says, "You do, Lady Motochika. I am Weiss Atharva, of the Sevii Islands, descendant of the Kumori Clan of Violight. I wish to challenge the gym - what are the terms you battle by?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

William quietly stands at the sidelines to support Weiss in his challenge, the young trainer more than eager to take a peak at what his greatest challenge in this gym circuit might be like.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Really? Thanks!"
    Reg seems about to fly off before he sees the group nearby, and grins stupidly again.
    "Oh, hey, anyone wanna join me looking for slowpokes?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

'I'm not a massive Slowpoke fan, but I'll come with to see what other water types might show up.'

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Edward likely immediately regrets his decision as Reg excitedly grabs his wrist on one side and David wraps tendrils around the other, determination burning in their eyes.
    "Right then, ONWARDS!"
    With that, the two begin running, likely dragging Edward along for the ride as most of the group tends to be rather quiet. Behind them, a breeze kicks up, forcing them to ever greater speeds!
    (Using Tailwind for greater speed towards doing stuff!)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Really sorry for the delay...I don't have an excuse...

Slowpoke Hunter

Reg follows the path leading out of the town and shortly after he comes to a bridge that extends over a slow moving river. On the banks of the river are lightly covered with tall grass and shrubs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Give me a perception and a wild roll Esh

The gym challenger!

"Kumori Clan?" Kae took a moment to think about what you just said before smiling. "Interesting. Might I be the first to welcome you back to the homelands." She then begins to move forward. "And since I assume this is your first gym match in the Ransei League, it will be a one on one match. Normally the leaders are supposed to scale the difficulty based on how many badges the challenger has earned, or so the league rules say." She seemed somewhat bored at that last statement.

The lady then whistles towards one of the floating lily pad in the water before suddenly starts moving towards the path in the middle of the room and climbs out. The lotad looks about the room before greeting its trainer and looking at Wiess curiously.

"Come. Shall we begin?"

Spoiler
    Show
    So would you like a map for this fight? I can do one up if you'd like.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Once the trio arrive, David and Reggie let go of Edward's wrists, and Reg begins floating up to get a better perspective.
    (1d100)[89]-wild roll
    (3d6-1)[11]-perception.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

"Indeed..." Weiss answers, taking his Pokeball and releasing his own Pokemon before him. "Rameldria, let's go!"

Spoiler: Rameldria's Stats
    Show
    HP: 56/56
    DEF: 5
    SDEF: 4
    SPD: 13
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show