New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Kickstarters and advertising

Hey, folks. Just here to ask how the no-advertising rule fits with Kickstarters.

There's a kickstarter that I really want to see succeed at the moment, so I'm trying to link it wherever people who might appreciate it spend their time; I was thinking of putting a link to it into my signature.

However, I'm a bit fuzzy on how that works with the no-advertising rule. So if I could get a ruling, that'd be great, thanks.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Kickstarters and advertising

There are specific Kickstarter threads, one in Games (Other), and one in Media Discussions, for posting Kickstarter links. Each has a set of rules for the thread that if you follow, allows you to promote Kickstarter campaigns, whether your own or for others.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Kickstarters and advertising

Sheriff: What ^ said. Please find the Kickstarter thread in the relevant section and post there, following the rules for said thread. If you can't find one in the section where you think it belongs, PM the moderators for that section and ask if there is one, and if not, whether they could start one.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex