New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion (In Progress)

Points at the Llama.

I have no idea if you are a villager or a rebel. But you aren't in my known list of people, you have a mini bandwagon forming against you, I'm in danger of autolynch if I don't vote today.

And you are a baker. Everyone knows bakers bake secret messages into their pies, spreading the messages of the rebellion. "Swordfish" indeed. (Nightwatch reference.... Long live the glorious republic of treacle mine road.)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Warpfire considers the matter.

"There seems to be a mini bandwagon forming, and I need to avoid being autolynched..."

Points at the Llama.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asarth View Post
    After chatting to some nearby NPCs or someone unimportant for me to mention, Asarth makes his guess.

"Larry here has told me that he saw Atreyu pointing at DLD, and here we are today at DLD's funeral. Atreyu would maybe have wanted to kill DLD, since she wasn't lynched that day. Of course, the OTHER rebels would not have agreed, but now we found a rebel yesterday, lynched. This would mean that Atreyu would have less rebels to convince to attack someone. Of course, Atreyu still makes a good case about DLD being a rebel, but it is now confirmed she is not. It may be just an unlucky guess from Atreyu, and I too may be guessing wrongly, but I think this is evidence enough for me to point."

Asarth points at Atreyu, the Masked Llama.
    (Thankfully, some one applies some logic I can defend against. No offense, Gez, but you gotta at least give me something to work with. Ah, time to apply the old argumentive skills. I'm gonna make this quick because I have to use the little llama's room, but I want to finish this post first before the ADD kicks in, and I forget about this.)

(Your primary argument seems weak to me. Yes, I did point at DLD, but given that it was the first day, I went with a logical guess. You are assuming things that don't make sense to me.
    1) You assume I wanted to kill DLD. I wanted to kill a rebel. I logicked a good reason as to why DLD may be a rebel. If I was a rebel and wished DLD dead, then I would have killed DLD the first night. Since DLD wasn't killed the first night, I obviously am not a rebel who wants DLD dead.
    2)I call you to explain why, if I was a rebel, I didn't hop the "kill EK" bandwagon. Shock, its the most wonderful thing to happen to the rebels. Someone who is knownly a good guy goes "Point at him" and everyone flocks to point at Target X. Whooops, Target X was a villager. The rebels get to kill a villager, a lover even, and no one looks suspicious. )

Serlahc, I can offer no argument to "you're not on my list," nor can I dispute "I worry about an autolynch." )

(Yes, I am pointing this out simply to try to save my hide, but Warpfire was under a lot of suspicion earlier on, and just hopped on a "wolf joins bandwagon" spot with no evidence to support it and a weak "I don't wanna get autolynched" excuse. )
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2007-03-28 at 04:42 PM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    (Thankfully, some one applies some logic I can defend against. No offense, Gez, but you gotta at least give me something to work with. Ah, time to apply the old argumentive skills. I'm gonna make this quick because I have to use the little llama's room, but I want to finish this post first before the ADD kicks in, and I forget about this.)

(Your primary argument seems weak to me. Yes, I did point at DLD, but given that it was the first day, I went with a logical guess. You are assuming things that don't make sense to me.
    1) You assume I wanted to kill DLD. I wanted to kill a rebel. I logicked a good reason as to why DLD may be a rebel. If I was a rebel and wished DLD dead, then I would have killed DLD the first night. Since DLD wasn't killed the first night, I obviously am not a rebel who wants DLD dead.
    2)I call you to explain why, if I was a rebel, I didn't hop the "kill EK" bandwagon. Shock, its the most wonderful thing to happen to the rebels. Someone who is knownly a good guy goes "Point at him" and everyone flocks to point at Target X. Whooops, Target X was a villager. The rebels get to kill a villager, a lover even, and no one looks suspicious. )

Serlahc, I can offer no argument to "you're not on my list," nor can I dispute "I worry about an autolynch." )

(Yes, I am pointing this out simply to try to save my hide, but Warpfire was under a lot of suspicion earlier on, and just hopped on a "wolf joins bandwagon" spot with no evidence to support it and a weak "I don't wanna get autolynched" excuse. )
    1)You would have killed DLD the night, but the other rebels might not have agreed.

2)That, I can't figure out why. Maybe because you still strongly wanted DLD gone, or maybe because some other reason.((Like, say, you didn't read that in time before the day ended or something.))As I said, I could be wrong, but I have all this other evidence that needs disproving for me to lower my point.

5. - Top - End - #155

Fair enough, name your other evidence, so we may discuss like gentlemen these accusations.

Okay: Since you chose instead to log off, and I did PM Serlahc with a question, but he chose to log off as well, I'll try to cover why I am not likely a rebel. I do this every game. I call attention to myself, I deliberately vote against pattern and I take shots at any group of people who have a secret society. My joy comes from playing with people's heads, including debating why I'm not a rebel. In an alpha game, it makes little sense to select someone who tries to attract attention to himself.

On a different note, as said earlier, this game isn't attracting the attention that it should. One of our most important roles has admitted that he's really not even paying attention and only votes to avoid an auto-lynch. Do we really want to kill someone who is paying attention and voting and watching it unless we are sure he's a rebel? Asarth admitted he's not 100% sure. Lets vote off one of these backgrounders who did try to blend in with the crowd but tried to save Shadow.)

That seems like Magtok to me.
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2007-03-28 at 06:17 PM.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

((I'm extending day by 48 hours...because I'd actually like to get a lynchable vote count.))
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

7. - Top - End - #157

"I say we allow Atreyu to make his case to Selrahc. So, for the time being, I shall vote against the other major suspect."

*Points at Magtok

8. - Top - End - #158

((*reads death scene more closely*

...))
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
    ((*reads death scene more closely*

...))
    ((...yes? Can I help you? Would you like me to change something?

I thought it wasn't that bad of a death...))

10. - Top - End - #160
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I don't know which one's a rebel....but llama's are fuzzy.
    *points at Magtok

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Halfling in the Playground

Making another round of the town, Joosbawx spreads the word of the voting in a (vain?) attempt to drum up more attention.

*Clang*Clang*Ca-Clang*

"Hey you! And you! And you over there! You haven't voted yet! Why haven't you voted? With an apathy level this high, its a wonder the Rebellion hasn't won already!"

*Clang*Clang*Ca-Clang*

"Oh yeah...and get your Meatless Meat Pie from Llama. Supplies are limited and offer may expire without further notice. Not valid in Virginia, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico."

Joosbawx updates the listing on the back of his sandwich board in his neat handwriting:

Don't think for yourself, for goodness sake! Join a bandwagon today!

Llama
    ------

Gezina
    Asarth
    Selrahc
    Warpfire777
    Magtok
    pingcode20
    [insert neat username here]
    Alarra

Magtok
    -------

Llama
    Castaras
    Alarra

Castaras
    ---------

Joosbawx

*Clang*Clang*Ca-Clang*

"Also, so I'm not a hypocrite..." Joosbawx points to Castaras, "...simply to prove I'm an independent thinker. Sheep. Baaaaaaaaa! Baaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Last edited by Joosbawx; 2007-03-30 at 07:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bandwagon against llama? I think I'll join that one.

*Points at Llama.*
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
    ((Of all people...

*falls over laughing*

LONG LIVE 4TH DEGREE!

Oh, hell, and Blue Serpent, just for this game...

))

(( That was my reaction, too.))
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

14. - Top - End - #164

The "beer immortality" trick only works if i don't get autolynched. Let's see...
    blahblahllamabandwagonblah...
    Points at llama
    Spoiler
    Show
    Founder of the Guy in a Fancy Cape Fanclub.
    Trophies:
    2nd best discworld avatar
    2nd best discworld sigatar
    Caption contest wins: 5th place, 1st place
    Founder of the invisible message army.

15. - Top - End - #165

(gah...I've at least tried to defend myself, why lynch the guy who is focused on the game over the one who isn't?)
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2007-03-29 at 08:31 PM.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

Here is my response to Llama's accusation. I'll keep it short.

I am the heir. I get two votes. I'm pretty sure Llama is on the losing end of the bandwagons. The End.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

((I be sad when LLama dies. He's the only person who really seems to care about this game...*meaningful look at a choice few players*))

18. - Top - End - #168

(nay...let it be, my parcel-tongue speaking friend. Let it be. Cobra, your game has been fun. I only hope that it will be shown the respect it deserves as well as the attention warranted to it.)

(honestly, I am disappointed that only one person truly had an argument and no one else cared either way and simply yelled bandwagon.)
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

"So be it. Goodbye, false meat-stuffs baker."

*Points at Atreyu

20. - Top - End - #170

Alarra looks between the two, confused, and feeling chastised and guilty about not giving this game the attention it so rightfully deserves.

She looks at the crowd pointing at the llama, "But...but...cute? fuzzy? llama llama duck? You're going to die anyway, poor thing." *gives the llama head scratches*

She looks at Magtok "You're the heir? To the empire?" *swoon* "I couldn't possibly vote to kill you....what sort of loyal citizen would that make me?"

She turns to the llama again, "I'm sorry fuzzy, but what are you thinking? Going against the heir? Don't you know how powerful the emperor is? Poor misguided beast." *more head scratches*

*Alarra points at the llama

(Since the llama's giving up, and really, there's no use to delaying the inevitable.....and there there, don't worry Cobra....I'll pay more attention to this game, I promise)

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing the people pointing at him, the llama starts barricading himself in his store. "They won't get me. They won't."

Suddenly, a group of NPC's are devoured by a pack of 6 zombies. The undead march on towards the store and to the masses. Pingcode fires a bolt from a crossbow, but the undead keep lurching forward. From behind his store, the llama laughs at their plight.

When all seems lost for our heroes, a man wielding a shovel swings and sends three zombies flying. He beats two of them to the ground and pulls out an oversized novelty lipstick case and crams it into another zombie, leaving a pink stain. Wielding a broom handle he dispatches the remaining zombies. He turns to the crowd and introduces himself.
    "I'm Frank West, artistic journalist. I've covered wars, you know."
    The crowd points at the llama in the store. "That llama is a rebel. Get him."
    "How do you know he's a rebel?"
    "Because we don't want to be autolynched."

Frank shrugs and enters the store where the snarling quadruped awaits. A cart has had forks and knives glued to the back of it and the llama pushes it toward Frank.

LLama: [shouting like crazy] This is my stoooooorrreee!
    [LLama slowly approaches Frank with his cart of death]
    LLama: You came to vandalize "my store", huh?
    [shouting like crazy]
    LLama: Not on my waaaattttcchh!
    I don't take kindly to vandalism! I won't allow it! Listen to me, and listen good partner.
    [shouting even louder like crazy]
    LLama: I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!

The llama charges at Frank, but Frank leaps into the cart and whacks the beast in the head with a shovel repeatedly. Shaking the cart vigorously, causes Frank to fall to the ground, rolling out of the way of a second charge. A meatless pie is hurled and smacks the llama in the face; he's blinded as Frank pulls out a dead trout and beats the blinded beast's brains in.

LLama: My store... My... store! Who will run my store when I'm gone... My store... My food... My sales... My... Customers... Have a nice day...
    [LLama falls to the floor. As he is thought to have already died, the camera zooms into his face]
    LLama: Clean up... Register 6!
    [LLama then drops dead]

((Synopsis: Atreyu the Masked LLama was lynched. He elected to write his own death, as above. He was the Rebel Spy.))

The bloodthirsty crowd, not satisfied with just the quadruped's blood, rush at the cyborg Magtok, who was standing nearby.

"Kill him too! He's a rebel!"

As night falls, the emporer is informed of the death of his only son.

((Synopsis: Magtok was lynched. He was the Heir.))

((Night ends in 24 hours, at midnight Friday/Saturday. Send me actions! Tonight's the first chance the rebels have for a conversion!))
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2007-03-30 at 12:14 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Wait....they both got lynched? How is it possible that Magtok got more votes of one side or the other? Only 2 people voted for him....

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Wait....they both got lynched? How is it possible that Magtok got more votes of one side or the other? Only 2 people voted for him....
    ((Magtok had 3 votes, I believe. You, LLama, and Castaras. And almost Xaspian. I had been hoping for a emporer kills heir sooo badly. Oh, well. And yes, it did work that way numerically.))
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2007-03-29 at 11:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

(Oh, so you didn't change my vote then? Would that have changed anything?)

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    (Oh, so you didn't change my vote then? Would that have changed anything?)
    ((...you changed your vote? I missed that, I'm sorry...but no, it wouldn't have...))
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2007-03-29 at 11:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

DrowGirl

(( I hate it when I have to sleep. Damn you sleep, who needs you?! ))
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

As dawn breaks, the people go about their work warily. Searches by the city guards show no signs of conflict, and a quick headcount reveals that no one new is missing. Have the rebels failed to kill someone this night?

((A little late, sorry. Day ends at 9:00 PM Monday EST.))

28. - Top - End - #178

DrowGirl

Castaras walks out of the streets.

Has the baner protected another then? If so, that is good.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

29. - Top - End - #179

"Perhaps. Somehow, I feel as though the winds of change are beginning to pass, and the storm is almost over."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Castaras walks out of the streets.

Has the baner protected another then? If so, that is good.
    I was protecting myself.

This is a conversion night. So thats probably the reason for the peace.