New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Back to Basics (Group 2)

Sar'tul looked to the elf, then sighed, "Lass, if anything, that will be the last of our plan, as soon as all of ya are ready we are actually to interrogate each of these deserters, then, if we don' alert the cult, we might actually be able to find and bring justice to them, otherwise, the ease of this mission is not so. Otherwise we would just hire random sell swords from the side of the road, and besides the point. Otherwise i don' expect us to wistfully dispose of this cult as it is, or else the locals would have likely dealt any blow before we could ever. But, lass, if ya have such skill to dispose of those dedicated to chaos and death, then i assure you, you can deal with them personally while we sit back and watch your clear finesse." Sar'tul gives her a slight smile of amusement before returning to his upright posture. Then he looked back at the strange elf and stared her as best he could in the eyes with his own silver orbs, and said in a more quiet tone, "Otherwise, expect anything, and hope for the easiest solution, that would be the for the best."
    Sar'tul then looked at them all, with a kinder glint in his expression, "As me family has taught me time and time again to correct ignorance: "expect the worse to happen, because those of pessimism are always pleasantly surprised when the best possibility occurs."" And then he returns his gaze around, returning to a more business prepared expression, looking for any more questions.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry if Sar'tul comes off as sort of chastising, just how he was raised, but he tries to make up for the arseish sounding remarks
    Last edited by TwentyFold; 2014-10-21 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Merp

Spoiler: Etc.
    Show
    Current Characters:
    Kraguri/Ikuma, Dusk Caste Seeking Redemption
    Rha' Stag, Hunter of Beasts, Slayer of Fools

2. - Top - End - #122

Eirien removes her hand from her mouth and watches Sar'tul with growing suspicion and derision, that reaches a crescendo as he mocks her ability. She stands completely rigid until the chance comes to let these loose, and although she attempts to remain deathly serious, a babbling, sing-song tone creeps throughout her speech.

"Hmm..! Mind, you did seek out 'random sell-swords from the roadside', I recall the advertisement. There was no such request for seduction or confidence artists; if you expect us to find the information you need by deception alone, I must question your 'strategy'.

"The simple solution is to take your ex-members down swiftly and silently, isolated, under cover of darkness. From there, they would be bound, gagged, and hidden in sackcloth, and carted to a safe house of yours, to await any 'inquiries'."

She starts to take a deep breath, but then quickly finishes,"You need not remind us that things can go wrong."

3. - Top - End - #123

Sar'tul raises a thick, copper eyebrow, and then his expression turns grim, "Despite my dislikin' of these turn cloaks, we have been requested to keep them whole and hardy, as Father Quintus believes they are able to be saved, which i silently disagree, but i will abide by his wishes as this is not a church i watch over. Meanwhile, to my knowledge, this group doesn't seem to consist of walking greed with swords, at least to my knowledge, instead we selected each of you for the job at hand. Meanwhile, if you do not recall elf, there will be no law breaking, but if these traitors decide to scuff with us, which i hope to avoid, well i guess we will see your profession in its true wantonness wont we?"

Show
    Basically, was thinking that we took you guys BECAUSE you weren't really ones that looked to make fuss, at least that is what i can make sound when it comes to my thinking, otherwise, brandish away at chaos i say!

Show
    Current Characters:

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyFold View Post
    Show
    Basically, was thinking that we took you guys BECAUSE you weren't really ones that looked to make fuss, at least that is what i can make sound when it comes to my thinking, otherwise, brandish away at chaos i say!
    Show
    For the record, this group is the less martial of the two by far. I anticipate a greater deal of investigation (of one form or another) than combat. It fits better with PbP. Of course, there are plenty of stabby ways to do things.

5. - Top - End - #125

Eirien calms down somewhat, holding her hands palms together before her, as she responds quietly, with her head bowed.

"They cannot be 'saved' so long as they remain in contact with their cult, and the risk of detection and bloodshed is higher if their decisions cannot be pre-empted. However, I will follow instructions whether they make sense or not, so long as there's gold in the bargain." She tilts her head and dons a feeble smile for emphasis, then falls silent.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"How can we be sure they are not redeemable? One does not simply stray from a righteous path into a dark and secret one, and it is difficult to make one lose true faith." Clauss reminds others of his existence below them. "if they can turn one way, they could turn to the other. Simple as that, but hardly as easy."

"I myself am a bit shaky about the plan."Clauss ponders."to my recollection, Vecna rules over secrets and all things dark and hidden - Secrecy must be sacred among them. I can imagine any interrogation would be harder than giving a transmuter a tortoise and convincing him not to turn it into his alchemy laboratory." Clauss is unusually skeptical, but betrays a lot of pondering and muttering.
    "we would need a deep investigation to get any information, Perhaps abduction? Torture? No, that is a bit mean, and it could trigger the cults attention... How does infiltrating their lair sound for maybe peacefully getting the information we need? Though such action may be the most dangerous option, should we get caught."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #127

Eirien shifts and comments in low tones, distractedly, "I think you're over-imagining the scope and depth of this cult, and also overestimating the loyalty of such recent turn cloaks to their new masters."

8. - Top - End - #128

Sar'tul does his best to gain better vision of Clauss, before sighing and then going back to speaking to the whole group, "If anything, reasonable to think that it will be a difficult to turn them, again, not my idea, but this church's wishes. Meanwhile lad, the whole reason we are interrogating these turn cloaks, is because we both have no idea where the cult is, nor who is actually apart of the cult, which could be half the town by any of my knowledge."

Show
    Current Characters:

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"Understood." Clauss confirmed. "well, Before the turn cloaks upped and left the church, did anyone notice any peculiar behavior on their part? I have doubts that the transition from righteous to wicked was immediate."
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #130

"Sorry lad, i was not laden with such minor details, only that they forsook righteousness for the way of death, but that should matter little, we will soon find out their reasons for leaving, and more i do expect," Sar'tul said with a shrug.

Show
    Current Characters:

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"It may have helped, just like any other detail could."

My Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #132

"As one last speculation, the matter of these few might not be one of light against dark. The turn-cloaks may have joined cult and church alike in a whimsical manner, or perhaps to seek power, without having true faith in either. It is by far the most prosaic explanation. But enough of this, it is past time to cease pondering and seek the truth." No longer pleading, she lets her hands fall to her sides, and stands straight with iron in her tone.
    Last edited by Navian; 2014-10-23 at 01:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133

"That would be our job, finding the truth, and of course, we must away soon as it is," Sar'tul says with a sigh. "All those who wish to turn down this assignment now, i implore ye to turn back now, and keep this mission a secret to any and all."

Show
    Current Characters:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Clauss ponders for a moment before saying anything - on the one hand, it is a major job and not particularly his line of work, but on the other hand, he may never get a second chance.
    He steps forth.
    "I'm with you, father Sar'Tul! We'll give those Vecna-praisers a good one-two, that's for certain! Clauss cheered and approached the dwarf leading the operation.
    Spoiler: OOC, Sar'tul
    Show
    Small minds think alike!
    Oh wait, that sounds wrong... Let me try again!
    Us short races gotta stick together, Eh?

My Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #135

Jamros had been standing back, letting the others speak, but largely focused on his own thoughts. He suddenly looked up, facing the entire group, "It seems to me that it is best for us to depart immediately, before this cult actually does include the whole town."
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
    "It's a fireball. It's basically a magic hand grenade."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #136

With a glance toward Allundril, Eirien comments with disdain, "Then, except for the yeoman-mute, it's unanimous. Do we have any leads, or may buying drinks be excused as the first of our expenses this day?" She folds her arms and drums her fingers across the circular patterns of rivets covering her elbow.
    Last edited by Navian; 2014-10-23 at 07:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

"We choose from one of the following traitors, and take to them; Eloras, some low life near the docks, Dagguh, who recently was hired on as a bouncer at the nearby Foamy Pint, and Hilda, a merchant, one who is said to be the hardest to track down," he looked to the group to see if there were any of them who recognized the names.

Show
    I just found a really derpy fact, these people were associates of someone who was mainly devoted to the church of Cuthbert, apparently they are not specified as being priests or any completely devoted people of the church of cuthbert, though i hope they were, and if not i am sorry. Also, i hate myself because i knew i was forgetting some detail, must have overlooked that so many times...

Show
    Current Characters:

18. - Top - End - #138

Eirien shows no recognition, and carries on briskly. "So, they aren't together. More but easier work, so long as they don't catch on. We can make Eloras disappear once we find him, Dagguh may take some baiting or provocation, and for Hilda we need more information. In all cases, it must be made opaque who is after them." She seems to deliberately hold back from making the decision.

19. - Top - End - #139

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyFold View Post
    Show
    I just found a really derpy fact, these people were associates of someone who was mainly devoted to the church of Cuthbert, apparently they are not specified as being priests or any completely devoted people of the church of cuthbert, though i hope they were, and if not i am sorry. Also, i hate myself because i knew i was forgetting some detail, must have overlooked that so many times...
    Show
    I was going to mention this, but thought it funnier this way. As you've realised of your own accord, feel free to stumble over some sort of comment regarding how really everyone is either a follower of St. Cuthbert or has lost their way, or something.

20. - Top - End - #140

"Perhaps we should track down Eloras and Dagguh first, then interrogate them for information about Hilda?"
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #141

After taking a look at the others, Eirien quietly responds, "So long as Hilda doesn't catch on, yes." After a moment, she decides to stride out and turn to address the group, with an eerily calm manner. "It seems simplest to start with the easiest target, but if we make any mistakes the more difficult ones will become even harder to reach. Still, we have so little to go on, it's only more speculation.

"We'll start by asking around, how one might get in touch with Hilda the merchant, and if that does not bear easy fruit we'll search for Eloras next. Dagguh may become difficult to uproot if he catches wind of this, but at least he has a fixed location. Do we have an agreement?"
    She narrows her eyes, virtually cutting Clauss, Jamros and Allundril with her gaze as she scrutinizes them.
    Last edited by Navian; 2014-10-25 at 05:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"It sounds like as good a plan as we could come up with, given what little information we have presently."
    Clauss claps his hand as a gesture of summation. Leaving behind an echo slightly louder than clap itself.
    "All in favour - say 'aye'!"
    Show
    nothing to see here, citizen. Carry on.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-10-28 at 07:37 AM.

My Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #143

If that be yer plans, ill agree, aye."

Show
    Current Characters:

24. - Top - End - #144

"I'm in, aye," Jamros said, glancing around the group. He lifted his spear and strapped it across his back with a leather band affixed to it slightly below the tip and slightly above the base, then looked over the crew they had assembled: the leader, the thief, the good-natured one, the silent one, and himself.
    Last edited by UristMcRandom; 2014-10-28 at 11:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

Eirien snaps, "We begin, then." She grabs her own spear off the wall with a twirl of her cloak and a dash of her hand, then storms out of the church. There's certainly no concealing it or passing it off for anything else, it's nine feet long and designed for war. "I should perhaps stow these unless Hilda is an arms dealer, or similar." She indicates her crossbow along with it, then turns her head to address Allundril. "Have no fear, humble archer, this is under control; there's plentiful soil to till, back home."

26. - Top - End - #146

Beholder

Allundril, after listening to Sar'tul and clearly pensive, seems to appraise the mood of those in the room as he internally processes the information.

After some time, he stands and speaks to the group in general. "I believed we would be doing something more heroic than chasing down ghosts and rumours. I am sorry to have to leave you, but I believe I can find a task better suited to my talents in short order." He looks around, trying to make sure no one took huge offence at his potentially slightly insulting remark.

Show
    Not a peep from Sandviper - his character's all mine now. Got a replacement lined up, I'll work them into meeting with you at some point but don't feel you have to wait for them. You'll know them when you see them (because it'll be them posting ).
    Last edited by Amanil; 2014-10-28 at 12:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"well, if that's how you feel about it - I will pray that what heroic calling you find will be more suited for your tastes than hunting worshippers of darkness."
    Clauss lets out an arbitrary cough, smiling nervously with shifted eyes before turning the other direction. if there was anything he wanted to say, he chose not to say it for some reason.
    "I reckon that if our search begins with a merchant, our first direction would plausably be the market - or, more precisely, asking marketeers?"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2014-10-29 at 07:27 AM.

My Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #148

Eirien doesn't pay word or mind to anyone but Clauss when he follows her."My thought was taverns. Any merchant of note has employees... or at least customers. Our luck in the market would depend on how much she cares about reputation, which could be very little if she a monopoly on what she supplies." She surveys the street outside.

29. - Top - End - #149

Jamros, following just behind Eirien, visibly reacted to the word "taverns", a dark look crossing his face, "Even so, it would be best to check the markets now, when all the vendors are out. The taverns will be serving their customers all night," he said, a slight bitter tone creeping into his voice.
    Last edited by UristMcRandom; 2014-10-31 at 07:00 PM.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #150

Eirien gives a jerk of her head in grudging assent."Fair enough. Noon is when taverns are fullest in Athiritho, I've yet to learn what's the case in Harlskeep. We may start in the marketplace."