New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVI: Morality is Relative; Professional Standards Aren't!

[Main Room]

Fade is back from business. With that he might now talk to other members, just in case someone is there.

Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #962
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orm-Embar View Post
    "Cursed if I know," he mutters. None of the blinking things is labeled WARNING MISSILE LOCK or FIRE so he ignores them in favor of getting it running. Let's see, is it wait for the needle on this one dial to hit the red, then push the button and hold it in until artificial growly engine noises begin, and only then pull the lever? Or the other way around? ...Stupid technology. But eventually, he gets the antigrav working and the car gently rises off the ground. "Sorry about the rough start, this is not the kind of flying machine I'm used to," he apologizes to his passenger.

Once it's in the air though, Bo relaxes. Steering and orientation are a lot easier, and he makes the car hover while rotating in a slow circle. The view from high above the main base is amazing. Ice, rock, and darkening blue sky. The squat fortress gleams beneath. Strange birds fly in a V formation in the distance. "So, what's your pick - if not the Black Dragon, I know a few other places. Your call."
    [In Flight]

"Null sheen." She says, shrugging.

The base truly looks amazing, and Holly takes a moment to admire the view. "Huh? Oh yeah, let's hit The Black Dragon, then. If they serve drinks and it ain't too seedy, then I'm game."

3. - Top - End - #963
    Dwarf in the Playground

[In Flight]

The aircar accelerates smoothly, taking on a rakish angle downward at the nose. The sorcerer at the controls laughs again, maybe at Holly's words or maybe just from the pleasure of flying. "This is great," he says. "I must have one of these things. I hear that Chimera trading post place has vehicles they want to sell." The land below flows by at a rapid rate. "Hopefully not with this kind of stylized decoration. I'd bet whoever built this thing put in a bunch of things that just go beep and light up for no reason except to look neat and scienc-y." Even the engine noise is artificial! Who knows what those marketing types will come up with next.

"But anyway, about where we're headed. Seedy? Well, maybe it is. The inside is clean at least." Bo puts the car through a few small maneuvers as he talks to Holly. No loops or other craziness though - he seems to have a control touch when it comes to flight. "A bunch of goblins run the place, although there's a dark elf who seems to be the owner or manager - haven't seen him around recently. The outside is nothing much to look at, more like a warehouse than anything. It's right by the docks. Civilians probably think it's a rough area, but it gets a good crowd. Dockworkers, a few soldiers and sailors, probably half of them smugglers or pirates or both when they get the chance. No doubt some are low level criminals, enforcers and such, and it would be a likely place for a press gang to sweep up recruits. A lot of gambling goes on there. Sometimes a good fight," he adds, sounding rather pleased about it.

He glances over at her. He does have a point to make. "All of which makes it a good place to keep an ear to the ground and an eye to the sky, as they say. Contacts, rumors, you know." Then he grins again. "But also you get what you pay for in the drinks. And if you don't like it, we'll just go someplace else."

[[And if that's enough said, we can move this to BDI or someplace else.]]
    Last edited by Orm-Embar; 2015-10-09 at 06:55 PM.
    Staring into the dragon's jaw, one quickly learns wisdom. - Steven Brust, Jhereg

Nexus Character

4. - Top - End - #964
    Orc in the Playground

[In Flight]

"I hear that, chummer. All these flashing lights seem to be all style and no substance, and I do like my substance."

She nods and smiles as he speaks. "Good man. An ear to the ground, an eye to the sky, and your hands in your pockets. A bit of gang language will help too. We scratch their backs, they scratch ours. Within reason." She clears her throat. "I suppose I don't need to tell you that I value professionalism on the job? You seem the same way, as well." Lax and friendly in a normal situation, focused and professional on the job.

[Feel free to post both here and in the BDI. Perhaps Bo answers, then they arrive there?]

5. - Top - End - #965
    Dwarf in the Playground

[In Flight]

The sorcerer nods approvingly. "Correct. Off duty is one thing, on duty is something else."

The aircar turns and settles into a new groove, passing over a crazy assortment of houses, shops, parking lots, towers, museums, theaters, and temples to eldritch things, some of them benign, or at least probably so. It drops and slows over a shabby looking, graffiti'ed and broken-window'ed area of docks and warehouses. "I couldn't resist the chance to fly a little, but the place we want is down there."

[[BDI posted]]
    Last edited by Orm-Embar; 2015-10-10 at 05:20 PM.
    Staring into the dragon's jaw, one quickly learns wisdom. - Steven Brust, Jhereg

Nexus Character

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dena's Room]

Dena just looks at Kirk for a moment before she slowly sinks down in bed and seems to deflate a bit. "Could we at least snuggle?" She suddenly asks after a laying there for a bit, grinning innocently. Kirk might note her elongated fangs. "For practice?"
    [Dena's Room]

Kirk sighs lightly and sits down on the bed next to her. "Of course." he lays alongside her, his front to her back, and puts his arm over her. "You'll mind the snakes, won't you? I don't think I want to be stared down by one of them while I'm lying here."

7. - Top - End - #967

[Dena's Room]

"It's not like I can control them... yet." She attempts to push away some of the snakes that make up her hair to make room for Kirk to lay down next to her. "Better be careful so they don't take lovebites out of ya." She jokes, though Kirk can probably tell her smile is more of genuine affection than at her own joke. "I'm sure they all learn to love you though." She moves pull her arms around the drow and kiss him.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Oh, he wasn't expecting her to turn toward him. Kirk kisses her back. His hand touches the side of her head... and makes sure her sunglasses stay in place. He kisses her slowly, uncertainly. It's difficult for him to take his mind off the danger her eyes present, and the kiss ends sooner than it should. "Will you be able to control them?" He asks, giving her no time to remark on the kiss.

9. - Top - End - #969

[Dena's Room]

Dena looks... unimpressed. "Once I read up on gorgons I will find out I guess. It feels like I should be able to, like they're a part of myself." She pauses, looking Kirk in the eyes. "But I should be asking you how long it will take for you to control your fear. Or do you need me to wear swim goggles every time we're in bed together?" Her delivery is deadpan and unamused, just like the look in her eyes.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-10-20 at 05:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Halfling in the Playground

There is a teeny little knock upon MERC's front door! The person knocking must not be very strong.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

"Last I checked your eyes can turn people into stone. I don't think it's a terrible idea to be a little careful." Kirk deflects. That's not unreasonable, is it? Just a bit of caution.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Base]

The door opens silently for Tina. Whoever's there must naively assume she's here to do business.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #973

[Dena's Room]

"So you're saying yes to the swim goggles idea then?" Dena asks with a dry tone, she isn't really angry either though. Just not entertained about the idea of wearing swim goggles in bed (even if she had come up with it herself).

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

"Enough already. Are you trying to make this more difficult?" Kirk pulls away from her and sits up, his frustration more than evident. Yes, she's gone through a lot, but her attitude is really starting to grate when he's making an effort here.

15. - Top - End - #975

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Base]

The door opens silently for Tina. Whoever's there must naively assume she's here to do business.
    A short, skinny woman slips in through the door, having a short look around. She's dressed in a coat with a lavish fur collar and a pair of insulated leather pants. The goggles and trousers seem to indicate a sporty look... perhaps she rode up here on an open-air vehicle of some kind.

She slips the eye protection up onto her forehead and glances around. She's wearing her natural skin - a chocolate brown dipping toward the dark side - and her eyes glow with the neon blue light of the future. Her hair is tucked beneath an adorable little beanie cap.

"Hello?" The spritely woman holds her hands out to her sides, fingers spread, and takes a few steps into the building. "Somebody there?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #976

[Dena's Room]

Dena let's out a sigh and let's him go. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry Kirk. I'm acting stupid. We should do this on your terms." She says as she sits up in the bed. "Besides the goggles, should I think of anything else? This sort of thing takes time getting used to."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-10-25 at 03:16 AM.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Base]

She'll find Dipsnig, the cranky leader of the mercenaries, seated in a chair behind the door, near a fireplace.

"How may MERC help you?" he asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #978

[Main Base]

Tina creeps toward the smaller humanoid. She gives him a questioning but amicable look. "Oh, I'm not here to buy some mercenaries. I'm, uh, friends with Kirk and Dena." Her smile is pearly perfection. "You're their boss, aren't you?"

Though Tina says she's not here with work, a thought does cross her mind. It isn't as though she doesn't have money to spare... maybe she could use some muscle after all.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Base]

Dipsnig quirks an eyebrow and his ear twitches. A friend of Kirk and Dena?

"That's me. The one and only Dipsnig Razortooth. With whom do I have the pleasure?"

20. - Top - End - #980

[Main Base]

"Fettina. Though call me Tina, Mr. Razortooth,"
    the neon-eyed girl says kindly. She offers a hand that is much more delicate than Dipsnig's. Her shake is, unsurprisingly, lightweight and brief. "You have a nice way of speaking. I can tell you didn't teach Kirk his manners." All told, Kirk had excellent manners when he wasn't trying to get in your pants.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Base]

Dipsnig's handshake is surprisingly firm for someone his runty size; his skin is tough and leathery.

"I don't presume to teach Kirk anything," he says. "My way of speaking is just a part of being a businessman for a while."

22. - Top - End - #982

[Main Base]

"I'd wager you're a good one," Tina adds, putting her hands on her hips. "Now, I don't mean to seem dismissive, but can you tell me where Dena's at? I haven't seen her in a week or two."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-10-24 at 06:59 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Base]

"Dena should be in her quarters," Dipsnig says. "She's been a bit preoccupied recently. Been through some life changes, so to speak. But I'll let her tell you all about it herself."

24. - Top - End - #984

[Main Base]

Life changes? Oh gosh. She and Kirk didn't break up, did they? Tina looks a little worried, then nods to Mr. Razortooth and goes on her way.

Approaching the designated Dena-dorm, Tina pumps her fist with a rather serious expression. Yes. Now that they're separate, she can try to date them both! She straightens up her hair a little and gives the dark elf's door a business-like knock.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Base]

"No, you really don't need goggles. Just a little car-" Kirk looks toward the door when Tina knocks. Who's that now? He glances at Dena and nods toward the door. "Want me to get that?"

26. - Top - End - #986

[Dena's Base (not yet) Room]

"I have a suspicion who that might be." Dena knew that knock. She gestures at the door without getting up "But go ahead please. Something tells me she won't take this very seriously no matter how you explain it."

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Kirk stands and opens the door just enough to see who it is. "Oh, Tina." It doesn't look like Kirk is in the best of moods, does it? "Well you might as well come in." Best she see for herself. Kirk steps back and opens the door wide for her to come inside.

28. - Top - End - #988

[Dena's Room]

"Kirk! Hi!" Tina effects an air of pleasant surprise. Her grin that follows is positively evil. Well, one evil plan thwarted, always the next. "I hope I'm interrupting something good..." That is certainly one thing that could account for Kirk's bad mood.

She stops mid-stride, then completes it as if nothing happened, staring at the woman on the bed. For once, she lets the gears in her head turn before opening her mouth. "...Dena? Issat you?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #989

[Dena's Room]

Dena rubs her forehead tiredly. "Guilty as charged. It's a long story but the short version is that I got cursed. Sucks to be me." She corrects her sunglasses with her other hand, making sure they're on properly. Didn't want to accidentally stone Tina who might not even know what a gorgon was.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Room]

Kirk steps up alongside Tina. "There's a few things she needs to adjust to. I'm sure she could explain better than me." Not that either of them know the full extent of what this transformation means yet.