New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVI: Morality is Relative; Professional Standards Aren't!

((I've been trying to avoid that. What do you propose, exactly?))

[Dormitories]

"Alright, Xun. I'll be sure to take you up on that." Fixer says. "But no panther forms!" Felicity adds with a giggle.

"So... what's the trouble, Kirk? Fixer asks.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-02-07 at 04:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

((It'd be best if you waited until everyone else in the scene has posted before posting again. Unless you have a good reason for posting earlier.))

[Dormitories]

Kirk's face is stone, his red eyes are like rusted iron for all the warmth they have. He shrugs Dena's arm off his shoulder. "I'm fine." He insists. It's not very convincing, but it's also a warning against inquiring further. "I'm afraid I'm too busy for chit chat. I have business to attend to in Riverside. I need to prepare to be there for a few days." He informs them.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beast Pens]

"Every kid wants their own wolf pup. Even if they don't know it yet," Dipsnig says with conviction. "Training one as a household pet might be a little tricky, but Roxie should be able to help with that."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Beast Pens]

Valente grins at Astrana. She is way too adorable. He looks back at Dipsnig, just as Jaazha catches hold of a stray strand of Astrana's hair and gives it a tug.

"We'd love to take one of the pups home. Whenever we can, I mean. I don't know if you need to prepare them at all for that." Valente looks down at the baby wolves again, wondering which one will be theirs. "I guess Roxie is some kind of animal trainer?"
    [Beast Pens]

Astrana continues to cuddle the toddlers, letting Valente take charge of the wolf puppy initiative. She had decided that this was going to be his thing. "I think they're different from dogs though." She remarks to no one in particular.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dormitories]

"Dena, stop, you flatterer," Tiny coos, waving a hand primly as if to dismiss her silliness. Her eyes flick to the Fixer, and the sudden appearance of their new friend. "Oh gosh, aren't you pretty," He says with a grin. What a color! Blue is positively Tina's favorite. "New friends, huh?"

Kirk, of course, puts the brakes on their happy-train. Tina turns on the scary drow. Ooooh. He is in a bad mood. A bit more genuinely, she says, "Maybe we could help you pack." Well, maybe Dena could help him pack while Tina blabs. Hooray for volunteering other people.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

[Dormitories]

((I try to do that, Ghar. Sorry if I didn't do that before. ))

"Thank you! She said I'm pretty!" Felicity says, twirling around in the air. "Yeah, new friends! I'm Felicity!" Her upbeat mannerisms and attitude are a sharp contrast to Fixer's stoic demeanour.

"Good for you." Fixer says offhandedly to Kirk.

"Fixer! That wasn't very nice!" Felicity scolds, which simply elicits a grunt from Fixer. "Ah, Kirk doesn't seem too nice as well. Maybe you both would get along just fine, you moody-two-shoes."

"Fel. He said he's fine. That may be a lie, but a man deserves his space."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"Finally, someone understands," Dipsnig says, as he distributes Xun's treats to the enthusiastic pups. People compare his wolves to dogs too often. "Wolves are different from dogs. Roxie is a pixie druid, in charge of all our beasts. She trained Viima for me, and then Kullervo when they mated."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"Hey, as long as they'll be good with the kids, whatever works for me." Valente takes a couple steps closer to the wolf cubs and kneels down. "So how should we do this? Should I pick one out now? Or come back another day?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2015-02-11 at 07:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

The bar

((Plotclone likly from befor the current invastigation))

Fade returns to MERC, he is abit tired from walking around the city and just can't find anything usefull to do. Since the number of new contracts is low, he decides to take place in the bar. Maybe he meets some of the other members.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #279

[Beast Pens]

Train? Must have been much more than just 'training' if she could tame a grown wolf. Astrana found it healthy to have a good dose of mistrust towards all kinds of magic. Especially magic that claimed to be 'good'. "Why not pick one right away?" Astrana just suggests to her boyfriend with a smile, not bothering commenting on whatever magic that might have been used on these animals.

[Dormitories]

These persons certainly weren't shy about giving their piece of mind. "Actually, yes. We probably should help Kirk-y pack up." She smiles at the rest of the group. "We should see you guys later, when people are in a bit better mood." She glances at the other drow meaningfully.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-02-19 at 06:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"You can pick one now, I suppose. Then I'll talk to Roxie about how long it'll be before you can take it home," Dipsnig says. "They've just been born, so we haven't got around to naming them yet."

The five pups are currently clumsily playing with each other. There's five of them, three boys and two girls. Their fur has an indistinct grey-brown shade common for very young wolves.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

Krayger will arrive here with Areitheo after a short drive. The minotaur goes in first, holding the door for the boy.
    "Take a seat in the lobby, lad. I'll see what I can do for you." he says, going to the desk.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Office

"Okay." The gnome, a fifteen-year-old with brown hair and eyes wearing a red check shirt, denim dungarees and farm boots, will go through to the lobby and sit down. Either in a chair designed for his stature (even a child's chair) or on the floor. He won't bother trying to clamber into a human-scale chair.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

If you're looking, you might see the dragonfly be plucked out of the air by a small black bird which flies off after the gnome and the minotaur.
    If you're looking very closely, you might see that the bird's eyes are too shiny.

It sits on a windowsill outside, if there are such to be found, watching, listening, pecking at specks of dust.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

Krayger waves to the ork behind the desk and uses the slightly more official phone to dial Dipsnig. It might be odd to call the head of the company over something like this, but the goblin had never shown any sort of distaste of hearing from his members.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Office

Arteitheo doesn't notice the blackbird, and otherwise has nothing to say so sits tight and watches. He'll look for a magazine to flick through whilst he waits, but if he can't find one he'll fidget a bit but otherwise be patient.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

Krayger will eventually be hear the grumpy goblin running the show on the other side of the phone.

"The boss speaking."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

"Afternoon, sir. I've got a gnome teen here. Lost his parents, looking for family in Riverside. Do we have records of the businesses we protect in the city? Thought it might help him look. Otherwise, it looks like he's used to work so I offered him a job in the meantime. I figured I could find a use for extra hands but if someone needs minor things done more I didn't have anything specific in mind." he explains.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Beast Pens]

Train? Must have been much more than just 'training' if she could tame a grown wolf. Astrana found it healthy to have a good dose of mistrust towards all kinds of magic. Especially magic that claimed to be 'good'. "Why not pick one right away?" Astrana just suggests to her boyfriend with a smile, not bothering commenting on whatever magic that might have been used on these animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beast Pens]

"You can pick one now, I suppose. Then I'll talk to Roxie about how long it'll be before you can take it home," Dipsnig says. "They've just been born, so we haven't got around to naming them yet."

The five pups are currently clumsily playing with each other. There's five of them, three boys and two girls. Their fur has an indistinct grey-brown shade common for very young wolves.
    [Beast Pens]

"Sure, uh..." Valente looks at the pups... He can't remotely tell which are girls or boys or... anything really. They're cute, though! "Do you recommend a boy or girl? I'm not sure if there's anything we should keep in mind." He can't help but sound uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dormitories]

These persons certainly weren't shy about giving their piece of mind. "Actually, yes. We probably should help Kirk-y pack up." She smiles at the rest of the group. [COLOR="#000080"]"We should see you guys later, when people are in a bit better mood."[[Dormitories]/COLOR] She glances at the other drow meaningfully.
    [Dormitories]

Kirk's mouth is a thin line, but he doesn't protest. "Yes, I'm sure we will talk again." He says to Fixer. "Now excuse me." He nods and turns to go back into his room. There's nothing to stop Dena and Tina from following.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2015-02-20 at 07:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

[Dormitories]

Fixer says nothing in response to Kirk. "Let's go, Fel."

"Alrighty! Fixer and I have to go now, but we'll all get to catch up, okayyyy?" She pecks both Tinay and Dena on the cheek, then flies after Fixer as he makes his way to Xun.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"Girls are a little easier to keep around, probably," Dipsnig says. "On the other hand, with a boy you wouldn't have to worry about him getting pregnant," he adds.

[Riverside Office]

"You can find the list in the Riverside office, yes. Some smaller businesses might not be there, though. But it should narrow things down, at least. As long as he pulls his weight and doesn't cause trouble, the kind can work there," Dipsnig says.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

"Right. Thanks, boss. Just let me know if you've got something a new guy could handle." he says, presumably hanging up at that point.

He motions the gnome over.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Office

Arteitheo hops up from his chair and walks over. An organisation led by a goblin would have some goblin/gnome-sized chairs available, I'm thinking.

He smiles up at Krayger, but waits for him to speak first.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

Krayger knows not of the eeeeeevil that waits behind that smile.
    "The boss okay'd you working here with us. I can get you access to the records of some of the businesses if you want to see if anything sounds familiar to you."
    It should be noted that his actual family won't be on that list, given that if MERC was tipped off to their nature as a front they likely would not have bothered pretending to protect them, and they'd be listed elsewhere.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Office

His family don't actually own Fallow's; he's not part of my massively entangled gnome family tree tracing ancestry back to Great King Daath and his Favoured Consort, Madame Rii. His father's cousins work for the Fallow family, but aren't owners.

And Fallow's would have turned MERC down had they approached; he's got guards aplenty and nasty semi-domesticated animals as well in the pet shop half of his business.

"That's great. Thank you very, very much, Krayger." Arteitheo now considers himself in Krayger's debt, and the lawful nature of his family's patron deity means he was raised to remember all his debts, both those he owes and the ones owed him. The evil nature of the same deity mean that he was raised never to raise the subject of the ones he owes others, however, until they have been repaid.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

Krayger nods.
    "I can get you your own room, though since you're not an official member yet it'll probably mean delaying your first paycheck a few days. We can't give those away without them being earned first. Still, we can get you settled in here, though any of the offices in the other cities are viable if you want to get out of this one." he says.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Office

"I lived Outside the cities, so I don't have any preference there. This one'll be fine, at least for now. A room here will be fine. What does a room cover? Like, just the space, or is it meals and bathrooms as well?" If he gets a room instead of his first pay check, he'll go hungry if food isn't included.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

Arteitheo can get a room and food in the office, although he'll be paid less if that's the case, until he can secure lodgings of his own.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

Krayger, for his part, simply relays the above information.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Office

"That's excellent. Thank you. May I have a look at the room?" Arteitheo smiles.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Office

Krayger nods, and does so. The room isn't anything big or special, but for now, it'll be his.