Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Spinnehalko - Liberate tutame ex Tamias (OOC)

OOC for Marlowe's sort-of-alright-if-you-like-that-sort-of-thing Spinnehalko campaign! Please post your sheetlinks and claim a colour or a font.

EDIT: IC here.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2014-10-23 at 01:07 AM.
    The Southern Comforters

"i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spinnehalko - Look out for Stobour.

A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Fire emblem avatar by Water_and_Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpriest
    Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by AquilaRift View Post
    I'm happy to have been chosen! Look forward to playing with you all.

Since we've been there for over a month, I imagine we've gotten to know our comrades fairly well. Maybe we should work out how we relate in advance, because I can see some... interesting group dynamics emerging here.
    Addendum: Here is my sheet, and Iceni will talk like this.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Here's Adrimara, a human druid who will speak in Red.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here's Cypher Maldorf and he shall speak in Gray
    Thanks drack for finding the new avatar

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Here's Mikal, and I'll use dark green.

As for group dynamics, ah...I'm interested in how me and Pilgarios are getting along, me being a 'heretic' and all. ...Which isn't true mind you, he doesn't worship any one deity because he can call beings that are beyond the abilities of deities to touch, but he's not against them either. Though that doesn't stop churches from thinking all binders in general need to be killed. (Seriously the only reason I can see for churches being against binders is that deities are scared of vestiges or something. >.> )

Also if Iceni has seen Mikal doing a pact, I wonder where she thinks Vestiges fit in among spirits.
    Awesome avatar made by Erthiz.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    As for group dynamics, ah...I'm interested in how me and Pilgarios are getting along, me being a 'heretic' and all. ...Which isn't true mind you, he doesn't worship any one deity because he can call beings that are beyond the abilities of deities to touch, but he's not against them either. Though that doesn't stop churches from thinking all binders in general need to be killed. (Seriously the only reason I can see for churches being against binders is that deities are scared of vestiges or something. >.> )
    My character makes yours get things from the top shelf.

I feel Stephanie and Iceni will either hate or love each other. (Same-ish, center of attention personalities)
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

8. - Top - End - #8

I'm just curious as to how the dead man walking is going to fit in

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

In the Barghests "lair" you found.

520 gp
    1 potion of delay poison
    1 wand of Cure Moderate Wounds

I actually rolled. This was boring. I'll just make this stuff up in future.
    The Southern Comforters

"i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

10. - Top - End - #10

GnomePirate

Also if Iceni has seen Mikal doing a pact, I wonder where she thinks Vestiges fit in among spirits.
    I've been wondering that, too. She probably views him as a weirdo who shuffles through spirit guides like a demented cardsharp and allows them a dangerous amount of sway over his own spirit (bad pacts). But they're both friendly-yet-ambitious folk, so they'd probably get on well aside from that little detail.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Since I can use the wand with UMD and lack healing of my own, should I hold onto the wand?

12. - Top - End - #12

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    My character makes yours get things from the top shelf.

I feel Stephanie and Iceni will either hate or love each other. (Same-ish, center of attention personalities)
    I think they might clash at first (especially since Iceni might see echoes of her old rival in Stephanie), but get along better once they settle into complementary roles and learn to share the glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Alihandros View Post
    I'm just curious as to how the dead man walking is going to fit in
    Well, is he visibly dead?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Getting things from the top shelf, can do. XD

...I'm assuming you meant that Stephanie can use the wand without UMD...which actually is most of the party (well Stephanie, Iceni, Pilgarios, and Adrimara). Still yeah Stephanie is the only one on that list that isn't a divine caster so probably best she holds onto it for now, but it's good to know a bunch of people can pick it up and use it if people go down.

Edit: Also, Marlowe, did Gundred's croft have well, windows and stuff for the rooms? Related for the party, new morning, so new vestige, I've been thinking of using Malphas for some information gathering perhaps. The main draw being that he lets Mikal summon a bird and see through its eyes, the bird having no range are a duration of 1 day. Maybe try to get some information on how are oddly perfect hosts act when we're not around.
    (Vestige list here for reference if people are curious.)
    Last edited by Cloud; 2014-09-29 at 10:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

There were, in fact, windows. Which is odd in and off itself.

Well, is he visibly dead?
    Dead with complications. Such as walking around and talking.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2014-09-29 at 11:06 PM.
    The Southern Comforters

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Given that Cypher has a Hat of Disguise, I suppose we should assume he appears living unless we hear otherwise from him.

Also, damn is Rikael looking fine and bad ass. XD
    Last edited by Cloud; 2014-09-29 at 11:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

that was nevermy opinion of it, I don't know how well, I'd be taken with this crowd, then again, never know how well the living dead will be taken.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Posting in the IC thread now, but I kind of need to make a binding check and whether I fail or not effects my personality and appearance (vestiges, yay~)

So, Binding Check for soul binding Malphas (DC 15);
    (1d20+8)[14]

...Damn it, should have used the implements, oh well. XD

Anyway, in any case Mikal wouldn't have a way to know that Cypher is undead assuming he kept the disguise up and at least pretended to sleep and stuff, but if he did know I figure he wouldn't care. Binding beings from outside the universe to your soul, turning yourself undead, eh whatever you need to do for power. =P
    Last edited by Cloud; 2014-09-30 at 01:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Pilgarios is here, speaking in ummm...dark red?

I'm actually suffering from a migraine at the moment, so I'll be a little behind the play until I can actually focus for more than 10 seconds.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to hear that. You are excused the hat.

So...Mikal is now subject to falling in love really easily and tries to solve everything with poisons. And has black teeth. What fun.

Quick! Everyone try to look lovable! And cue the really cute squirrel!
    The Southern Comforters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Darius

I will take my usual. OOFFOO Color
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Sorry to hear that. You are excused the hat.

So...Mikal is now subject to falling in love really easily and tries to solve everything with poisons. And has black teeth. What fun.

Quick! Everyone try to look lovable! And cue the really cute squirrel!
    The bard will appreciate a classic serenading. Pro-tip.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Oh Pelor no, everyone be jerks instead. XD Do you really want the guy with black teeth and tongue to be trying to get close to you? =P

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Though that doesn't stop churches from thinking all binders in general need to be killed. (Seriously the only reason I can see for churches being against binders is that deities are scared of vestiges or something. >.> )

I'm not too familiar with the binder class. The impression I get is that they make pacts with powerful beings that aren't quite gods to gain arcane power?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

well, i hope my skills in both theivery and trickery help the party as a whole. Of course, this is a rather fun looking band so far. So our dread necro has not shown yet?
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

In a process called Soul Binding, a binder can make a Pact with a Vestige, so long as he knows that Vestige's Seal, Name, and Title, and it's within his personal power to call (which OOC just means your soul binding level must be high enough for the level of vestige you wish to call upon, for example Mikal can pact with 3rd level or lower vestiges).

As for vestiges themselves, they might be powerful, they might not be, to be frank no one does and can know. A vestige is simply a soul that has lost from the gods and planes, banished to somewhere unknown. (A plane for vestiges, the far realm? Your guess is literally as good as every binder ever, simply put they're just...outside, existence.) I suppose the gods fear them simply because the gods cannot touch or understand them. ...That and some of the vestiges have been made from good gods being *******s, so maybe they would just like those stories to not get out. =P

Which brings me to soul binding and why vestiges would even answer the call of a mortal. More then anything else a vestige yearns to experience creation, to actually be part of the universe for a little while. Despite the name soul binding is just letting the vestige experience what you experience, and in return it grants you powers. Of course a vestige has it's own agenda and if you make a bad pact forces its influence on you, getting you to act in ways it prefers. Most influences are somehow related to the vestiges life, if twisted by their death and an infinity of being alone. For example Malphas died of a broken heart, and now his influence is making you fall in love too easy. You also take on a sign that shows you're binding a vestige, which if often part of that vestige's appearance, though a skilled binder can simply suppress the sign if they make a good pact.

As for the powers granted, they actually grant supernatural abilities, and to be honest most binder builds are focused around utility or melee combat, to pretend to be a caster is extremely difficult for a binder.
    Last edited by Cloud; 2014-09-30 at 08:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Well now the head doesn't feel like it's going to explode I suppose I had better catch up.

Pilgarios isn't a fanatic. He doesn't care about what god you worship, and is quite willing to sit and have a conversation about the difference in dogma and teachings. As far as Vestages go... Well I don't know... I guess as long as they didn't affect you like a demon/devil possession where he'd have to try and exorcise and banish the entity, he wouldn't really care.

What I'm worried about is how Pil's Turn Undead ablility will effect Cypher?

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

27. - Top - End - #27

GnomePirate

Necropolitans have got turn resistance, as I recall, but not very much. So let's hope you roll well but not too well.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Still haven't got round to working out my Turn bonuses yet. Will get that done before the nights out.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, we have a "Goddess" that two people schooled in religious doctrine don't recognize, and a "Priestess" shys away from the company of a Cleric... This can't be good .

Also dude, there's no "u" in Pilgarios name. Think of it as Pil-gar-rios.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    Alright, we have a "Goddess" that two people schooled in religious doctrine don't recognize, and a "Priestess" shys away from the company of a Cleric... This can't be good .

Also dude, there's no "u" in Pilgarios name. Think of it as Pil-gar-rios.
    And the chipmunk is probably evil.

I don't like no-selling people's knowledge checks, but Knowledge skills do not give you a high-speed connection to Multiplanar Wikipedia.

Think of it this way; you get home alive, you get to expand other peoples K/Religion.

Sourry about the "U". I seem tou be sticking them in lots of places where they doun't beloung these days.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie
    Maybe it was orcs. She marveled. I hope it was Orcs, then we can save them.
    Steph is going to be reminded of this line later.

Also, are you going in?

EDIT2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    "If anyone can, the squirrel over there has been tracking us rather intelligently for a minute. If you can speak or communicate with it, it may be wise."
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2014-10-01 at 10:11 AM.
    The Southern Comforters