New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Earliest you can gain the outsider type

I am working on a Malconvoker build and I would like to make use of the Infernal Bargaining feat, but the perquisite is the outsider type. Outside of Polymorph any Object abuse, is there anyway to gain the outsider type without being an outsider from Character creation? The human bonus feat would be really handy.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Earliest you can gain the outsider type

Otherwordly regional feat works, but you have to be a Deep Imaskari, an Elf, or a Spirit Folk, and the knowledge local 2 thing doesn't really work when you're talking about birth.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

You can play an elf, get flaws for extra feats and take this o_o
    Pew pew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think both of those count as "from Character Creation". Well, its really the same thing.
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Yea i was thinking more along the lines of a spell or item that changes your type. The earlier the better. Limited wish could probably do it but that's 7th level. I guess i could always just buy a casting of it in a large enough city for 2,410 gold from a 13th level wizard.
    Last edited by Drrakerr; 2014-09-29 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Spelling is hard

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drrakerr View Post
    Yea i was thinking more along the lines of a spell or item that changes your type. The earlier the better. Limited wish could probably do it but that's 7th level. I guess i could always just buy a casting of it in a large enough city for 2,410 gold from a 13th level wizard.
    Be very, very careful with the wording. "I wish I were an outsider" could very well turn you into a nupperibo.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

highly dependent on DM fiat, but the Saint template grants a native outsider type.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Change your race via one of the rituals in Savage Species.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drrakerr View Post
    I am working on a Malconvoker build and I would like to make use of the Infernal Bargaining feat, but the perquisite is the outsider type. Outside of Polymorph any Object abuse, is there anyway to gain the outsider type without being an outsider from Character creation? The human bonus feat would be really handy.
    as the frost, devil's ego, fiendform, holy transformation (and lesser), infernal transformation (and lesser), nar fiendbond, and greater visage of the deity all give you the outsider type.

there's always neraph if you can spare the human bonus feat. malconvoker's hardly difficult to qualify for.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition