New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Second Floor XII

[Room #12]

"Ah, I see... A pity. It's a rather fun thing, when you get it right." She nods in understanding, but seems genuinely regretful he declined. "And a bit of both, really. My mother's kind have a lot of natural skill with magic, but I use spells, not just pure power. Though -" she pauses a moment as she tastes the dessert, frowning in surprise, before smoothly picking up where she left off, though probably with an entirely different sentence. "- how on earth did you manage to get something like this? It tastes like it has gemflowers in it..."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

Magic, love. Bel looks somewhat pleased with himself. That's my magic - it's infused with your desires and memories. That's the heart of magic, really, imposing your desire on the world.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"Oh? I see... Quite a talent you have there, if it can make something that shouldn't exist just from memories. I hadn't even really been thinking about wanting those again until now." She inclines her head to him respectfully, obviously quite impressed. "I used to know someone who did mind-magic, of a sort, back... home. It was most difficult, from what I saw."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

It certainly has its tricks, though such things are innate for my kind. But speaking of desire...would you mind drawing the curtains?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"Not at all... I quite understand the desire for some privacy.
    " And, with that, she gets up and draws the curtains over the window - which, presumably, is followed by more metaphorical ones being pulled as well, given who she's dealing with. She's likely nowhere near as good in bed as he is, unfortunately, but he does have a bit of an unfair advantage, what with being a variablebus, so that's not saying too much...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

After falling asleep (post-activity, of course), Tirya finds herself lying on a grassy knoll in a lush forest as the sun dawns, barefoot and wearing a long pale blue dress. Birds are singing all around her and she can see some small creature scurrying through the bushes. A large fruit tree stands over her, golden fruits glistening with morning dew. Bel stands off to the side, examining the tree, this time wearing a forest green tunic and brown leggings.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

Tiri... Blushes, oddly enough, embarrassed that she's already dreaming about him. But in fairness, she was thinking about him as she drifted off. And it's not like there's actually anything wrong with it, even if she does feel like she shouldn't be. But screw it. It's been too long since she just relaxed and did something for herself, and this evening has been the start of that. Especially since this has no consequences.

So, decision made, she relaxes, pushing aside her worries and fears, flashing Bel a bright smile as she dances over to him, looking unashamedly and openly happy for the first time tonight, even the faint traces of guarding and caution when they were in bed together having faded, since she doesn't think any of this is real and so she finally feels free to just be herself, since the worst that can happen is a bad dream.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

Shall we explore? he beckons to her, smiling.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"I can't see why not!" She laughs brightly, grinning at him as she tries to take his hand - though knowing what's in store, I'm almost certain she fails. But oh well, she won't mind too much, as long as he doesn't turn it into a rejection.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

Her hand just misses as Bel turns into the forest, seemingly not noticing her reaching out. There's a cave this way, they say it has old runes in it. You should come see!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"Oh? What sort of old runes, hmmm?"
    She darts after him, laughing again, and surprisingly quick, looking around herself as she goes - seems she's curious about the forest itself too.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

We'll find out. Bel calls out, leading her on. The trees are huge here, every one bigger around than she is and covered in greenery. All too soon the cave entrance appears, looking cool and inviting with its smooth gray rock.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

Tiri doesn't have any objection to going in - she's familiar with caves as safe, comfortable, places that often contain very nice things, and she's not even thinking about the potential risks. Though she does at least conjure a globe of fire above her right palm, using it to light the way as she darts through the entrance.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

Suddenly Tirya notices Bel is no longer with her. Furthermore it is quite dark, even though she hadn't really gone very far from the entrance at all.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

Well. That got her attention! Tirya spins around like scared deer, looking back towards the entrance. Or at least where it used to be, though she doesn't dare to put out her torch, just in case she won't be able to get it back on again if she does, despite it ruining her night vision.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

As she spins around her torch goes sputtering out. The entrance is nowhere in sight. She thinks she can hear a faint echo though...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rooom #12]

It's almost drowned out by swearing. Almost. She doesn't quite let loose, since that would keep her from finding him, but she wants to... Instead, though, she sets off trying to find it!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

Tirya's efforts to find the entrance meet only with wall after wall again. Meanwhile the echo keeps getting stronger. "alone....alone....alone....alone....alone.... " echoes through the cavern, seeming always to resemble the voice of someone or another she knows just enough to remind her of them, yet not quite enough to be sure.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"Pestilence?" Odd thing for her to call out quietly to the darkness, if Bel is listening in on her. I mean, it could be her swearing, but... It doesn't sound that way. Quite the opposite, in fact; her voice is tender, if scared, and hurting. Depending on how good he is at sensing such things, he might be able to tell that that's associated with a mess of wants and fears, centered on a blue-haired catgirl.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

Suddenly Tirya hears what seems to be the catgirl's voice, but again with the same plausible deniability. "Tirya..." the voice trails off, and then laughs almost mockingly.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"I have lost this battle, so please let me be erased..." She whispers, almost inaudible - though Bel can probably hear her, given this is his dream even more than it is hers now, for all she's the one having it. Though this isn't quite as simple to read, most likely... Still, given he can pick up some of her thoughts, he'll be able to see that it's a song she composed at one point, and that it relates to that same catgirl.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

Tirya should see flames flickering in the dark, as if off in the distance. They seem to be darting and moving strangely.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

Well, that's not ominous at all! Okay, so it's entirely too ominous, but still, it's not like standing here is any better, and it's just a dream, so... Naturally enough, Tirya sets off towards them at a run! If nothing else, it might be Bel.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

The spinning words seem to be in infernal. The say she doesn't have to be alone, that they'll give her a purpose, only she has to agree to some service. The words aren't particularly clear on what that is exactly.

In the center is a glowing space with a handprint that matches her hand exactly. In the middle is the word "accept", written in infernal.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"...My goddess broke, not yours, Pestilence. And you made your wishes clear - so why a demon pact, and what company would you provide, in exchange for what service?" Tirya sounds defiant, but badly shaken, and Bel can probably sense worry for her friend, in addition to the confusing mess of thoughts skittering about her mind.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Room #5]

((Previous Post))

Following up after Bad Touch and (presumably) Mrs Martinez, Niara and (presumably) Phoebe approach the room. Naturally, Niara is a little taken aback by the other woman (if she's there), unsure as to who she is and why she's here, but her client seemed comfortable enough.

'Sir, this woman is able to provide the services you requested,' she tells Bad Touch. She wasn't sure if he wants necromancy mentioned, given how defensive he had been about it earlier, so she plays it safe.

'Ma'am, this is my client - he should be able to answer any questions you have concerning your services.' she says to Phoebe. It was awkward that she knew neither party's names at this point, but she could get by. She imagines she'll find out pretty soon regardless.
    Last edited by Baeleck; 2014-10-13 at 12:02 PM.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

The voices are quiet for a minute. And then, almost faintly, the whisper comes back "alone..." in what sounds for all the world like her mother's voice.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Room #12]

"So. You're bringing a dead woman's voice out now? You know better than to think that death scares me." She glares at the contract as she speaks, voice hard and defiant... But, despite the brave words, Bel can probably tell she is scared of death now, since she doesn't have her goddess anymore, and she doesn't know what's going to happen as far as an afterlife. But that doesn't help too much, since this says nothing about immortality for her. That her mother said that, though, even if she thinks it isn't real? That does help. It pushes at that fear and reminds her of all the other people who have died around her. Not that she's going to sign yet, but sitll. "If you wanted me around, why not say so when I asked?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-10-14 at 05:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Room #12

The whole room fades to dead silent. Truly silent - Tirya cannot hear even her own movements or breath. If she tries to speak no sound comes out. The temperature drops noticeably.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Room 5

Spoiler: Previous post
    Show
    Harley
    "My apologies Mrs Martinez" he says with a bow, still holding his charming grin. "Hold that title for as long as he holds a place in your heart" he adds, placing his open hand on his chest above where his own heart would beat.

His sincerity and warmness was overwhelming but truly to him mrs or miss, it was all pointless, meaningless sentimental titles and technicalities, for it reflected no true ownership or power.

"Please I have some quick business to attend but then I would like to offer you some quarters to read your letter in private"

(If she accepts he will lead her by the hand to his room, if declined say his farewells and hope to see her again)

(Niara and Pheobe)
    It appears he clearly was not versed in the ways of the nexus, he had been scorning Niara with his eyes thinking her to be slacking off yet here is another, albeit, willing necromancer.
    His frustration slips to surprise and he gives Niara a small warm smile and congratulating nod, then motions to his room with a tilt of his head. He quickly casts a calculating gaze over Niara's new companion seeming almost dissatisfied.

The timing was perfect as the tavern was becoming too crowded for his liking, too many greater powers. He stared at the unicorns horn for a moment, a glint of greed in his eyes as he battled the magic that suppressed his emotions. He didn't want to be calm and could feel his frustrations and angers slowly soothing, drifting away, and this set off alarm bells of manipulation. He hated being manipulated used or controlled.

Nonetheless he would test this calming ability on another.

(Rabbit)
    Be it coincidence of perfect timing but as he stood and began to stride to his room, between the layout and the occupant's, now was the first and only time he would have to pass Rabbits seat to reach his room.
    Would she be so self absorbed to think it deliberate?

As he passes with the smallest twist of his head, from the corner of his eyes, he glares at the small elf sitting across from her. His cold expression shouting 'stay out of it'.
    With that being said he cannot fight the smirk that crawls across his lips. "Bad touch eh" he softly whispers towards Rabbit as he drops a large hand towards her shoulder.

Just a stranger brushing by..

When he reaches the room he will wait for the others in silence outside his closed door, allowing Niara to do the introductions.
    Pheobe can not mistake this for anything but business, he stands tall using his size intimidatingly, a deathly serious expression on his face.

Once Niara introduces him as the client he repeats "I am the client" in a 'that's all you need to know' tone.
    Then with a small but direct step the client positions himself between Pheobe and the others, deliberately separating her from them as he towers over, testing her nerve and studying her reaction.
    In a firm deep voice he questions the necromancer "are your magics strong and versatile? How do I know I can trust you to keep word of your services between us?
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-14 at 09:05 AM.