New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld thread IV: In memory of King Saline

Spoiler
    Show
    Or she's caught by a mount, and turns to watch Ansom slowly fall to the erf.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow indeed. Is this going to break Wanda all over again? Is she going to rush out to decrypt Jillian? How creepy is Wanda/Jillian playtime if Jillian doesn't have free will? Or will my prediction about them landing in a lake come true? Tune in next week, same Erf-time, same Erf-channel!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ouch. Breaking Wanda, again. Also Decrypted DO have free will. At least the same level they had when they croked. Now will Ansom surive the fall? I really think Jillian will.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, does stanley know enough to grab the corpse for another decrypted warlord?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

The only question in my mind is: How will Jillian Sue's plot-shields save her this time?

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    The only question in my mind is: How will Jillian Sue's plot-shields save her this time?

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Does Jillian have some sort of Fate going on? Because if so, those Plot Shields are going to kick into high gear by divine mandate.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    I just noticed Stanley was about to tell parson of that time Charlie tweaked his dwagon find rate, but got cut off. Oh, missed opportunities. Also good world building to keep that detail around.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned

My guess: Ansom turning in 3...2...1...

8. - Top - End - #98
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    My guess: Ansom turning in 3...2...1...
    Letting him dust on impact as a unit of Faq instead? Neither of them have flight, so unless there's a plot-shield megalogwiff conveniently underneath them, they're still going to hit the ground and be injured/incapacitated/croaked-dusted.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    I just noticed Stanley was about to tell parson of that time Charlie tweaked his dwagon find rate, but got cut off. Oh, missed opportunities. Also good world building to keep that detail around.
    Wait, it was Charlie that got Stanley all those dwagons back when Wanda lured him to Faq? I thought it was just Fate.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Wait, it was Charlie that got Stanley all those dwagons back when Wanda lured him to Faq? I thought it was just Fate.
    The two aren't necessarily always separate from each other. I never got the impression Charlie was behind the dwagon bounty, though.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Letting him dust on impact as a unit of Faq instead? Neither of them have flight, so unless there's a plot-shield megalogwiff conveniently underneath them, they're still going to hit the ground and be injured/incapacitated/croaked-dusted.
    Well, there's the megalo that Vanna's driving. Sooooo... not completely improbable.

I do hope that we're not about to see Ansom turn to Faq though. That would be so... so... boring! We already had a whole book where he was the antagonist, and we've had pretty much another book (half of Book 2, and a lot of Book 3) where he's a helpless prisoner. I want him to stay with GK (or whatever side Parson forms) and help bring the fight to Charlie.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ansom turns to FAQ, twists him and Jillian around he takes the damage on landing Jillian walks away.

Ansom is now out of play, removing the CWL that Stanley would prefer to Parson, Jillian and Stanley both live.

13. - Top - End - #103

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    First step in checking on that--Wanda orders Ansom to strangle the wench. As long as he has his hands by her throat and all.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Here's an idea: Ansom or Jillian or both survive, and this book turns into a cat-and-mouse game wherein Jillian runs away on foot, Ansom chases her, Charlie assists one while harming the other however he can and Faq and Gobwin Knob dance around each other in a desperate bid to rescue their queen and warlord respectively, and to croak each other's.

It's not a perfect plan (since one is a ruler and the other can see whatever their warlord sees) but i think the basic idea of the two forces trying to out-maneuver each other could work.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-10-10 at 05:42 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansom and Jillian die.

Wanda and Maggie both die because they were in Ansom's mind when he died.

The remaining units manage to kill Stanley, but not before he kills Vanna and all the other named units on the other side. Charlie is linked with Vanna when she died, so he dies too. All his Archons die with him.

All the Decrypted dust when Wanda dies, so Parson is left with no units in the Magic Kingdom and gets killed by Jojo, who dies in the fight. All the casters with him also die.

Did I miss anyone?
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2014-10-10 at 07:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Sizemore and Janis.

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Ansom and Jillian die.

The remaining units manage to kill Stanley, but not before he kills Vanna and all the other named units on the other side. Charlie is linked with Vanna when she died, so he dies too. All his Archons die with him.

All the Decrypted dust when Wanda dies, so Parson is left with no units in the Magic Kingdom and gets killed by Jojo, who dies in the fight. All the casters with him also die.

Did I miss anyone?
    Yeah, Zhopa survives. Gotta fix that.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Sizemore and Janis.
    Sizemore and Janis die when all the other units with Parson die, in a big pitched Magic Kingdom fight that erupts once the Decrypted vanish with Wanda's death. Also, all the GMTTA die too.

Yeah, Zhopa survives. Gotta fix that.
    I assume that the Hobgobwins have already risen up and killed Zhopa.

The hard part is killing Jetstone, since they're a bit unconnected from all this. Maybe the Archon they have captive manages to kill Tremennis, only to die herself when Charlie dies.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2014-10-10 at 10:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

Sizemore and Janis die when all the other units with Parson die, in a big pitched Magic Kingdom fight that erupts once the Decrypted vanish with Wanda's death. Also, all the GMTTA die too.

I assume that the Hobgobwins have already risen up and killed Zhopa.

The hard part is killing Jetstone, since they're a bit unconnected from all this. Maybe the Archon they have captive manages to kill Tremennis, only to die herself when Charlie dies.
    Good enough. Wrap it up guys, we're done here. May as well not even check the comic any more.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Ansom and Jillian die.

Did I miss anyone?
    Erfworld: total annihilation.
    A new kickstarter project!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Erfworld: total annihilation.
    A new kickstarter project!
    And then 40 years of constant updates.

For story reasons I expect Jillian to survive and Ansom to die. I don't see any further story purpose for him and Jillian has too many story lines going on. Also Jillian has a dozen fliers in the hex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

My only problem with Ansom dying is...why even bring him back in the first place if you're not going to do anything plot important with the character? I don't consider him commanding a few battles off-screen and getting captured plot critical...so what was the point?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    My only problem with Ansom dying is...why even bring him back in the first place if you're not going to do anything plot important with the character? I don't consider him commanding a few battles off-screen and getting captured plot critical...so what was the point?
    Set Jillian firmly against Wanda, enough so that she could unite with a certain Tool and Hamster Lord when they end up against Wanda once Parson realizes that "Fate" is his ultimate enemy here.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think we may be looking at the wrong side for flyers. Stanley has a bunch of dwagons (without riders) in the hex.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    He served a few purposes already. In book 1 he was the model for a decryptified unit and showed how they change their alliance without changing their basic character. And with his high level and abilities as commander he was the only one who could reasonably replace Parson, setting in motion Parson's travel through the Magic Kingdom. Plus Ansom invented Toolism as proselyting religion. All those things were caused by Ansom's particular character and story.
    I'm sad to (likely) see Ansom gone. He was a good guy, even if he was quite a zealot at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Neither character is interesting enough to be worth saving, but their deaths would cause interesting reactions among the remaining cast.

For this reason, I expect at least one to survive, probably Jillian.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

27. - Top - End - #117

It's a pity Wanda isn't in close proximity. Otherwise my bets would be on Jillian (or both) croaking, Wanda rushing to her side to Decrypt her, only to have Jillian reanimate in Faq livery.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Jillian isn't going to die here, even including being decrypted afterwards, as that would screw with Caesar's subplot of taking out Faq.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Jillian isn't going to die here, even including being decrypted afterwards, as that would screw with Caesar's subplot of taking out Faq.
    Do we know how long until her heir pops?

30. - Top - End - #120

No, although we know it's been pushed back, since Vanna is being used for combat now instead of minding the gestation rate.