New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Learner's Lair

Miria darts out of her room, surveying the damage. She is currently unaware that her hair is now a copper color, her body is now more slender and elflike, and her eyes are green. She is painfully aware of her newly formed copper-colored draconian tail and wings, however, thanking the fact that her attire is just a bra and sweatpants.
    Hey Catherine! Anything bad happen? Apologies, the ******* who wrote my book on chaos magic gave faulty instructions! Also I appear to have become your race as well.
    She inquires via shouting.
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine stops. And blinks. Then starts to try to say something and fails. Then tries again. And finally manages, after a few more seconds of gawking and confusion, to say ". . . what? Why are you nearly naked?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine stops. And blinks. Then starts to try to say something and fails. Then tries again. And finally manages, after a few more seconds of gawking and confusion, to say ". . . what? Why are you nearly naked?"
    Oh, I didn't change today. Was too focused on studying to remember to.
    Miria replies, blushing somewhat in embarrassment.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #33

Oh, I didn't change today. Was too focused on studying to remember to.
    Miria replies, blushing somewhat in embarrassment.
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine blinks a few times more, and manages to meet Miria's eyes.
    "Right. I see.

. . . so why do you have wings now? Why do you look like me and Laurea?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #34

[Learners' Lair]

Catherine blinks a few times more, and manages to meet Miria's eyes.
    "Right. I see.

. . . so why do you have wings now? Why do you look like me and Laurea?"
    I don't know. Chaos magic is weird, im afraid. Speaking of which, we should probably make sure nothing too bad happened...
    She replies, still blushing slightly.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #35

I don't know. Chaos magic is weird, im afraid. Speaking of which, we should probably make sure nothing too bad happened...
    She replies, still blushing slightly.
    [Learners' Lair]

"I'll go check, you should . . . go get dressed, eh? Careful of the tail." Catherine jokes slightly, before heading downstairs and giving Miria some space to go get dressed.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36

[Learners' Lair]

"I'll go check, you should . . . go get dressed, eh? Careful of the tail." Catherine jokes slightly, before heading downstairs and giving Miria some space to go get dressed.
    Miria nods, and later follows in a backless black dress.
    This was all I had that didn't need any modifications...
    She explains.
    was that door always there? Also I think the wood's different.
    She asks, pointing to a new door.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #37

Miria nods, and later follows in a backless black dress.
    This was all I had that didn't need any modifications...
    She explains.
    was that door always there? Also I think the wood's different.
    She asks, pointing to a new door.
    [Learners' Lair]

". . . you're right. The door's new. You're also right in that the wood feels different. Smells different too. Also we're gonna need more salt." Catherine's carrying the box of salt that used to be under the countertop. "You go check out the door. I'm gonna . . . uh . . . dispose of the salt." She also has the salt shaker in her pocket.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

[Learners' Lair]

". . . you're right. The door's new. You're also right in that the wood feels different. Smells different too. Also we're gonna need more salt." Catherine's carrying the box of salt that used to be under the countertop. "You go check out the door. I'm gonna . . . uh . . . dispose of the salt." She also has the salt shaker in her pocket.
    Miria nods, and opens the door...
    Only to be trampled comically by 42 frightened corgis!
    We have a basement now!
    Also I have a feeling the landlord'll be opposed to these!

Miria proclaims, on the ground and unharmed, at least physically.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #39

Miria nods, and opens the door...
    Only to be trampled comically by 42 frightened corgis!
    We have a basement now!
    Also I have a feeling the landlord'll be opposed to these!

Miria proclaims, on the ground and unharmed, at least physically.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Uhhhh. Yeah." Catherine says, after hiding all the salt that was in the house up in her room. "Yeaaaah I don't think we can keep those. They are pretty adorable, though. I've always been more partial to larger dogs myself, though." She kneels, and one of the corgis comes over and sniffs at her knee. Deciding that she seems to be good people, it threw itself at her feet, where she rubbed its tummy. "Pretty adorable."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

[Learners' Lair]

"Uhhhh. Yeah." Catherine says, after hiding all the salt that was in the house up in her room. "Yeaaaah I don't think we can keep those. They are pretty adorable, though. I've always been more partial to larger dogs myself, though." She kneels, and one of the corgis comes over and sniffs at her knee. Deciding that she seems to be good people, it threw itself at her feet, where she rubbed its tummy. "Pretty adorable."
    Miria "daaaaw"s at that.
    Think we can convince the landlord to let us have two dogs here?
    Also... I'm gonna call the local animal shelter later. There's at least 40 corgis here.

And with that, Miria goes off to do so!
    Catherine may notice that Miria is now rather slender and curvy.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #41

Miria "daaaaw"s at that.
    Think we can convince the landlord to let us have two dogs here?
    Also... I'm gonna call the local animal shelter later. There's at least 40 corgis here.

And with that, Miria goes off to do so!
    Catherine may notice that Miria is now rather slender and curvy.
    [Learners' Lair]

Oh does Catherine notice. After Miria turns the corner, she gently boops the corgi on the nose. It thinks she's playing and yips happily. "It's rude to stare. I saw you." The Corgi has no idea what she's talking about, so instead chews on the side of her hand. Catherine sighs and straightens back up, leaving the Corgi to bark at her foot threateningly.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

[Learners' Lair]

Oh does Catherine notice. After Miria turns the corner, she gently boops the corgi on the nose. It thinks she's playing and yips happily. "It's rude to stare. I saw you." The Corgi has no idea what she's talking about, so instead chews on the side of her hand. Catherine sighs and straightens back up, leaving the Corgi to bark at her foot threateningly.
    After a few minutes, Miria returns.
    The local shelter people will be able to pick them up in an hour. In the meantime, wanna check out the basement?
    Miria inquires.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #43

After a few minutes, Miria returns.
    The local shelter people will be able to pick them up in an hour. In the meantime, wanna check out the basement?
    Miria inquires.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Yeah, sure." Catherine says, after having shooed the dog off so it would stop yapping. "You lead. I'll stay far enough behind to not step on tails."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

[Summit Springs]

Riss let the kiss go on for a bit longer than she really needed before tracing the patterns on Misha's soft palate; simultaneously drawing the sigils on her throat and scalp before laying her hands flat around each in a gentle caress. Unlike the times before, there was no spark but a real jolt as the muse poured more into this array than before, hissing momentarily.... And hardly a second later, the nereid might smell the acrid odor of singed flesh while possibly tasting hints of something strangely ferrous. What followed was static. Not the hissing snow one might get from an untuned broadcast but the near silence from a line left intentionally open where only the echoes of one's own voice could be heard. And then Misha might detect another spark, quite likely only because of her proximity though, as Riss inhaled sharply; her eyes shut tight mid-wince. Briefly pulling away, It would be evident where the singed smells were coming from as both on the muse's forehead as well as at the tip of her tongue were blackened rune circles; the strange discoloration around them lending evidence that she had made the patterns though coloring her skin although it was certainly clear that it wasn't something that should be done without reason.

Misha might pickup on some strange echoes now as Riss reached back to lightly pull a bit of hair out of her eyes, unwittingly revealing the patterns burned into her palms. It would be like she could feel the intent of each motion before it happened as if it were a ghost of things to come. The echoes spoke of a smile, which followed, and then the holding of her head between the muse's hands. And then, in time with that same temporally displaced shadow, Riss leaned forwards to place her head against Misha's own; closing her eyes and opening... Something like an eye yet there was no muscle to accompany it's motion. That shadow sensation alone might be confusing but she might have to worry about it later as a gentle chime issued through the link, carrying with it a twofold message to be prepared... And the warm, gentle yet firm caress born of deep affection.

And then, like gates being thrown open, came everything else.

The muse had taken every precaution she knew of to keep up what might almost be a glass barrier between them to prevent unwanted intrusions into each other's being, she wished to simply observe after all, but she knew all too well it was impossible to observe something without somehow changing it. 'Or perhaps being changed by it.' the sentiment came although Misha might be more focused on something else entirely. Perhaps she might see it differently but the rush of thoughts, their sheer speed and magnitude as they ended the moment they began yet chaining into each other to form endless links. It was an explosion of sound and light and, perhaps in a way, it was not unlike staring at the sun in all of it's roiling, blistering radiance while inside it was a nuclear dance of fusion and fire. Thoughts and ideas spun and collided, fused and split while memory and rigor gave the seeming chaos a pattern to reign within. Yet all of this soon dimmed and grew quiet as thoughts slowed, perceptions closed off and the noise of introspection and wonderment quieted to 'merely' a stadium of whispers. It wasn't sent yet it was clear there was some distress at this forced, conscious halting and at least now individual concepts could be picked out if one didn't blink.

If Misha had ever entertained the idea that her muse held some ties to the earth as she and Mimi were so linked with the waters and the winds, she would likely have the notion to change her mind on that now. And much like fire, even slowed as far as she could possibly stand like this, it still hungered and burned; there even being a small piece wanting to boil away all that Misha was simply to know all which made her function. Perhaps the comforting part about that notion was it being little more than a seed from which grew more restrained curiosity but to see it so plainly might be shocking. But seeing that might also tell just what sort of link her muse had created was. It was one made for observation but one that also laid oneself bare in their totality; all the other had to do would be to simply look and try to find the bits and pieces that made up the other's mind. And though the nereid might be used to walking nude without a care, this total transparency could make one feel absolutely and truly naked. And it was through this that Misha might well be able to pick out a deep thrumming; strong like a healthy heartbeat. It was similar to that little metronomic push that had driven her this far yet this was like a pulse that was hard to resist; like a beat that demanded it be danced to. And intertwined with it, both being fed by and feeding into it, was that same old yet blooming force she might recognize as something almost like kin though here it seemed more appropriate to call it a forge's fire being rekindled and fed so it might eventually be the the perfect heat to temper steel once more.

And, though she intentionally tried to keep them quiet, were signs where Misha could easily examine to see what else the muse had planned for the day. Even at a glance, there was something about the stars which was special that night. And here was the anxiety from how the nereid's memory would slip every time she slept and over there was apprehension and even jealousy of what a full recall might do if a full recall of her past was realized. And just there were a few sultry suggestions of what might be interesting for later while over here was the quiet yet not entirely hidden confidence that hers was an intellect unmatched intermixed with the disdain she held for many of those whom she felt were simply pretenders to the throne, so to speak. Over here was the burning pains on her skin as the spell continued to function while just across was wondering just which wine would go well with supper later. And there was more. Much more but that would require a little seeking or, perhaps more truthfully, just a bit of a different perspective when observing.

But beyond just being observed, something more was offered. It was reminiscent, somewhat, of the way the previous links worked in that it was sent rather than simply revealed... Although it was likely Misha could watch the idea germinate and form as it grew into it's final state before it was sent to her. "Vitae. Are you alright... Are you ready?" it came with all shades of curiosity and concern that it formed it's own rainbow.

15. - Top - End - #45

[Learners' Lair]

"Yeah, sure." Catherine says, after having shooed the dog off so it would stop yapping. "You lead. I'll stay far enough behind to not step on tails."
    Miria nods.
    The magic affect you in any way?
    She inquires as they go downstairs, descending wooden stairs to a basement that fits with the resto of the house's design, containing a rug, couch, golden statue of a corgi, and a large Totoro plush doll.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Miria nods.
    The magic affect you in any way?
    She inquires as they go downstairs, descending wooden stairs to a basement that fits with the resto of the house's design, containing a rug, couch, golden statue of a corgi, and a large Totoro plush doll.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Uh . . . um . . . y-yeah." Catherine admits with a pretty heavy blush. "A . . . a bit. I like down here, though! Looks nice." Attempted change of subject go!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

[Learners' Lair]

"Uh . . . um . . . y-yeah." Catherine admits with a pretty heavy blush. "A . . . a bit. I like down here, though! Looks nice." Attempted change of subject go!
    It's quite nice, I agree. And before we do anything... DIBS ON TOTORO!
    She suddenly shouts, laughing a bit evilly as she claims the rather large plush. It's actually about as big as the actual totoro.
    So, mind telling me what it did? Just, y'know, don't want any sudden problems to crop up in the future cuz of some effects I didn't know about.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #48

It's quite nice, I agree. And before we do anything... DIBS ON TOTORO!
    She suddenly shouts, laughing a bit evilly as she claims the rather large plush. It's actually about as big as the actual totoro.
    So, mind telling me what it did? Just, y'know, don't want any sudden problems to crop up in the future cuz of some effects I didn't know about.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Yeah, by all means. Go for it. It's all yours. I'll . . . tell you later when I know for sure. I just feel weird." Catherine says, leaning against one wall and shaking her head slightly.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

[Learners' Lair]

"Yeah, by all means. Go for it. It's all yours. I'll . . . tell you later when I know for sure. I just feel weird." Catherine says, leaning against one wall and shaking her head slightly.
    Miria is about concerned by this. Who passes up an opportunity for a totoro?!
    [COLOR=NAVY]Alright, well, is there anything I can do to help, or...?
    She inquires, petting a corgi that followed her down just now. He's quite a docile one.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Miria is about concerned by this. Who passes up an opportunity for a totoro?!
    Alright, well, is there anything I can do to help, or...?
    She inquires, petting a corgi that followed her down just now. He's quite a docile one.
    [Learners' Lair]

"I . . . think not. Not yet, anyway. Let me figure out what happened, first. Neither of us will know anything until then, after all." Catherine says with a bit of a woozy grin. Not much Miria could do if Catherine herself had no idea what was up.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

[Learners' Lair]

"I . . . think not. Not yet, anyway. Let me figure out what happened, first. Neither of us will know anything until then, after all." Catherine says with a bit of a woozy grin. Not much Miria could do if Catherine herself had no idea what was up.
    Miria nods.
    Alright, well, if anything bad happens, just call me okay?
    Miria asks, standing up and then walking upstairs to go modify her clothing so that she can wear things besides only her black dress.
    Mr. Staring Corgi is apparently the one in the basement.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Miria nods.
    Alright, well, if anything bad happens, just call me okay?
    Miria asks, standing up and then walking upstairs to go modify her clothing so that she can wear things besides only her black dress.
    Mr. Staring Corgi is apparently the one in the basement.
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine agrees, of course, then waits for Miria to leave. She pinches the brow of her nose, and mutters something about stupid Chaos magic. Stupid headache. Stupid yapping dog. Stupi-. . .

Wonder what happened to the other two roommates. Hopefully nothing too bad.

She heads back upstairs, and heads to take a cold shower to clear her head. Too much stuff. Too fast.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Learner's Lair

When Catherine finishes showering, she'll find Miria busy browsing the Internet while using alchemy to modify her clothing to account for her new body.

Okay, new personal rule: no studying chaos magic.
    She half jokes to Catherine
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Learner's Lair

When Catherine finishes showering, she'll find Miria busy browsing the Internet while using alchemy to modify her clothing to account for her new body.

Okay, new personal rule: no studying chaos magic.
    She half jokes to Catherine
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine finds Miria again about an hour later, and raises an eyebrow at her. "Yeah. Yeah I think we'd all appreciate that. Though who knows, Godhood might happen next time.

What are you looking up? Cures?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

[Learners' Lair]

Catherine finds Miria again about an hour later, and raises an eyebrow at her. "Yeah. Yeah I think we'd all appreciate that. Though who knows, Godhood might happen next time.

What are you looking up? Cures?"
    Miria nods.
    Just in case someone wants any chaos magic effects reversed. I'm happy with what happened to me though. Also I figured out what happens if I scratch something with my nails. It makes a small jolt of electricity. Like licking a 9 bolt battery.
    Miria replies, finishing up with the last of her adjustments.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-10-04 at 11:42 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Miria nods.
    Just in case someone wants any chaos magic effects reversed. I'm happy with what happened to me though. Also I figured out what happens if I scratch something with my nails. It makes a small jolt of electricity. Like licking a 9 bolt battery.
    Miria replies, finishing up with the last of her adjustments.
    [Learners' Lair]

"That . . . that is strange. In the sense of not normal, anyway. This entire situation is rather strange.

Be careful around electronics, eh?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Atsuko wakes up at the sound, and cries.
    That all sounds loud and scary and sad. The wolves aren't hurt, are they?

After a few minutes, if none of them show up, she'll toddle down the tunnel towards the main cave.
    Wolves' Den

Okami faintly hears the sound of Atsuko crying over the din of the skirmish, but he's locked in a tussle with several undead. At a glance towards Spook, the shewolf phases through the wall and stops the little toddler just as she enters the main cave.
    The concealing vines should cover everything going on outside except the shadows...they're probably just dancing...at a rave...with no lights.

Spook herself is relatively unhurt, but she has some gore on her pelt that she'll be sure to keep away from the girl.
    She tries to offer a comforting sound, though the noises outside may prove too concerning.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

[Learners' Lair]

"That . . . that is strange. In the sense of not normal, anyway. This entire situation is rather strange.

Be careful around electronics, eh?"
    Miria chuckles
    Heh, of course!
    You want to do anything, like watch some shows or whatever?
    Oh, by the way, the local shelter picked up the corgis.

Miria asks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Miria chuckles
    Heh, of course!
    You want to do anything, like watch some shows or whatever?
    Oh, by the way, the local shelter picked up the corgis.

Miria asks.
    [Learners' Lair]

"I was wondering where they went.

Yeah. I think watching something might be fun. Expendables 3 out yet?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

[Learners' Lair]

"I was wondering where they went.

Yeah. I think watching something might be fun. Expendables 3 out yet?"
    I dunno. One sec... Yep, and it's on Netflix!
    Well, the nexusverse one is. In real life I don't think so.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show