New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I dunno. One sec... Yep, and it's on Netflix!
    Well, the nexusverse one is. In real life I don't think so.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Huh. Wonder if that had anything to do with the spell. Interesting." With that, Catherine jumps over the couch, and plops herself down in about the middle of it.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [Learners' Lair]

"Huh. Wonder if that had anything to do with the spell. Interesting." With that, Catherine jumps over the couch, and plops herself down in about the middle of it.
    And so movie watching with popcorn and a Totoro plush ensues!
    Think this is a good ending to the plot?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #63

And so movie watching with popcorn and a Totoro plush ensues!
    Think this is a good ending to the plot?
    [Learners' Lair]

I would think so. Though it's not exactly a plot. Just RP. But that could be good.

After the movie, Catherine heads back up to her room after waving and giving Miria a smile. Miria probably noticed throughout the movie that Catherine didn't eat any of the popcorn.
    Last edited by Mee; 2014-10-05 at 12:30 AM.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #64

Learner's Lair

Miria pops her head into Catherine's room.
    Hey Catherine, wanna go to a restaurant? My treat!
    She inquires. Miria's wearing a dark blue skirt and golden yellow sweater today.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #65

Learner's Lair

Miria pops her head into Catherine's room.
    Hey Catherine, wanna go to a restaurant? My treat!
    She inquires. Miria's wearing a dark blue skirt and golden yellow sweater today.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Uhh?" Catherine says, looking up from her homework. "You sure about that? I can eat a lot."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

[Learners' Lair]

"Uhh?" Catherine says, looking up from her homework. "You sure about that? I can eat a lot."
    That's a risk I'll just have to take!
    Miria replies cheerfully.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #67

That's a risk I'll just have to take!
    Miria replies cheerfully.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Where were you thinking of going?" Catherine asks, closing her book. It's a fairly thick one having something to do with Physics.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

[Learners' Lair]

"Where were you thinking of going?" Catherine asks, closing her book. It's a fairly thick one having something to do with Physics.
    There's a nice Italian place in Inside.

Miria replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #69

There's a nice Italian place in Inside.

Miria replies
    [Learners' Lair]

"Hmmmm. Lasagna is pretty great . . ." Catherine's obviously thinking it over. She nibbles on her bottom lip slightly for a moment, before replying with "Sure. How fancy a place is it?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

[Learners' Lair]

"Hmmmm. Lasagna is pretty great . . ." Catherine's obviously thinking it over. She nibbles on her bottom lip slightly for a moment, before replying with "Sure. How fancy a place is it?"
    Not very.
    The smiling copper dragonfae replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Not very.
    The smiling copper dragonfae replies.
    [Learners' Lair]

"Good to know. Though I should still probably change out of these." Catherine stands, and it's obvious what she means. She's wearing a loose t-shirt and a pair of baggy sweats. "Give me a minute to get ready?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

[Learners' Lair]

"Good to know. Though I should still probably change out of these." Catherine stands, and it's obvious what she means. She's wearing a loose t-shirt and a pair of baggy sweats. "Give me a minute to get ready?"
    Alrighty, I'll wait for you downstairs!
    Miria replies with a smile, and heads downstairs as she aid she would!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Alrighty, I'll wait for you downstairs!
    Miria replies with a smile, and heads downstairs as she aid she would!
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine nods, and shuts her door after Miria leaves.

A few minutes later, she comes downstairs! She's dressed rather nicely, but not formally at all. A well fitted shirt with the tiniest hint of a neckline, and a clean pair of jeans!
    "Shall we?" She asks with a grin at Miria.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Spoiler: Quote
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Summit Springs]

Riss let the kiss go on for a bit longer than she really needed before tracing the patterns on Misha's soft palate; simultaneously drawing the sigils on her throat and scalp before laying her hands flat around each in a gentle caress. Unlike the times before, there was no spark but a real jolt as the muse poured more into this array than before, hissing momentarily.... And hardly a second later, the nereid might smell the acrid odor of singed flesh while possibly tasting hints of something strangely ferrous. What followed was static. Not the hissing snow one might get from an untuned broadcast but the near silence from a line left intentionally open where only the echoes of one's own voice could be heard. And then Misha might detect another spark, quite likely only because of her proximity though, as Riss inhaled sharply; her eyes shut tight mid-wince. Briefly pulling away, It would be evident where the singed smells were coming from as both on the muse's forehead as well as at the tip of her tongue were blackened rune circles; the strange discoloration around them lending evidence that she had made the patterns though coloring her skin although it was certainly clear that it wasn't something that should be done without reason.

Misha might pickup on some strange echoes now as Riss reached back to lightly pull a bit of hair out of her eyes, unwittingly revealing the patterns burned into her palms. It would be like she could feel the intent of each motion before it happened as if it were a ghost of things to come. The echoes spoke of a smile, which followed, and then the holding of her head between the muse's hands. And then, in time with that same temporally displaced shadow, Riss leaned forwards to place her head against Misha's own; closing her eyes and opening... Something like an eye yet there was no muscle to accompany it's motion. That shadow sensation alone might be confusing but she might have to worry about it later as a gentle chime issued through the link, carrying with it a twofold message to be prepared... And the warm, gentle yet firm caress born of deep affection.

And then, like gates being thrown open, came everything else.

The muse had taken every precaution she knew of to keep up what might almost be a glass barrier between them to prevent unwanted intrusions into each other's being, she wished to simply observe after all, but she knew all too well it was impossible to observe something without somehow changing it. 'Or perhaps being changed by it.' the sentiment came although Misha might be more focused on something else entirely. Perhaps she might see it differently but the rush of thoughts, their sheer speed and magnitude as they ended the moment they began yet chaining into each other to form endless links. It was an explosion of sound and light and, perhaps in a way, it was not unlike staring at the sun in all of it's roiling, blistering radiance while inside it was a nuclear dance of fusion and fire. Thoughts and ideas spun and collided, fused and split while memory and rigor gave the seeming chaos a pattern to reign within. Yet all of this soon dimmed and grew quiet as thoughts slowed, perceptions closed off and the noise of introspection and wonderment quieted to 'merely' a stadium of whispers. It wasn't sent yet it was clear there was some distress at this forced, conscious halting and at least now individual concepts could be picked out if one didn't blink.

If Misha had ever entertained the idea that her muse held some ties to the earth as she and Mimi were so linked with the waters and the winds, she would likely have the notion to change her mind on that now. And much like fire, even slowed as far as she could possibly stand like this, it still hungered and burned; there even being a small piece wanting to boil away all that Misha was simply to know all which made her function. Perhaps the comforting part about that notion was it being little more than a seed from which grew more restrained curiosity but to see it so plainly might be shocking. But seeing that might also tell just what sort of link her muse had created was. It was one made for observation but one that also laid oneself bare in their totality; all the other had to do would be to simply look and try to find the bits and pieces that made up the other's mind. And though the nereid might be used to walking nude without a care, this total transparency could make one feel absolutely and truly naked. And it was through this that Misha might well be able to pick out a deep thrumming; strong like a healthy heartbeat. It was similar to that little metronomic push that had driven her this far yet this was like a pulse that was hard to resist; like a beat that demanded it be danced to. And intertwined with it, both being fed by and feeding into it, was that same old yet blooming force she might recognize as something almost like kin though here it seemed more appropriate to call it a forge's fire being rekindled and fed so it might eventually be the the perfect heat to temper steel once more.

And, though she intentionally tried to keep them quiet, were signs where Misha could easily examine to see what else the muse had planned for the day. Even at a glance, there was something about the stars which was special that night. And here was the anxiety from how the nereid's memory would slip every time she slept and over there was apprehension and even jealousy of what a full recall might do if a full recall of her past was realized. And just there were a few sultry suggestions of what might be interesting for later while over here was the quiet yet not entirely hidden confidence that hers was an intellect unmatched intermixed with the disdain she held for many of those whom she felt were simply pretenders to the throne, so to speak. Over here was the burning pains on her skin as the spell continued to function while just across was wondering just which wine would go well with supper later. And there was more. Much more but that would require a little seeking or, perhaps more truthfully, just a bit of a different perspective when observing.

But beyond just being observed, something more was offered. It was reminiscent, somewhat, of the way the previous links worked in that it was sent rather than simply revealed... Although it was likely Misha could watch the idea germinate and form as it grew into it's final state before it was sent to her. "Vitae. Are you alright... Are you ready?" it came with all shades of curiosity and concern that it formed it's own rainbow.

Summit Springs

As the link connects, from the outset there was a deep mental reverberation coming from Misha's end. Not a sound or an impression of sound, but an absolute transmission of the movements of all things coming from within the mind simultaneously. A constant, low hum of energy being seamlessly replicated from one place in the brain to the other. Though there was no constrained energy to be revealed such as Riss' fiery explosion of overwhelming thought, the breadth and depth of the space hinted at by the lossless transfer of movement from one end of the expanse to the next would be staggering for any normal brain.

At the very center, the concentrated front held linked to Riss' brain, a bright glow is held in place by compression and will. Parts of the mass drawn forth from the very edges of its memory to form a cohesive being and communicate with the world. A life, born of faith and fear and mutated into something more by time and legend.

When the floodgates open and Riss' fiery mind is laid bare, it's met with an unending, bubbling hiss that roils tumultuously all around it. The mental equivalent of steam as the pressure and heat from Riss' thoughts penetrates that viewing barrier and fires off countless trains of introspection and comparatively slow, logical processing. Riss can see every consideration make its wave through the wide, unfathomable mind as a bubble is formed and collapses under the pressure of scrutiny, the vibrations bouncing off other experiences and thoughts and coming back to their source with more data from all other angles. She can see the flaws in the process the ripples that the waves cause bouncing off each other to muddy the information she receives from her own experiences.

The information Misha does get back is veiled further by an alien code that it's comprised of that Misha's forebrain doesn't fully understand. A language, ancient and almost entirely forgotten that's delivered by slight variances in the waves returning to her. She gets impressions of the returned thoughts, piecing them together like a jigsaw puzzle fitted by feel in a dark room, and uses those to construct further narrative within her immediate mind.

As the steam boils, though, it begins to lose energy as the process goes over the conclusions it can draw of what it has immediately seen and what it has available to compare it to. With the veil of steam boiled away, Riss can comprehend more clearly what Misha's immediate thoughts and memories are. The multitude of invisible, fractional scars that the boiling rush of initial contact has made on Misha's being hover about them, noticeable only by the pressure exerted on them to capture them in the field of her mind. Swiftly they swirl inwards towards the glowing form that represents her consciousness and join with it, swelling it with new knowledge and memories to grow even larger. It's still dwarfed by the mass of knowledge and lightspeed thought on the other side of the barrier, but it has grown for the contact.

I am alright. But before I am ready, you must see what I see in you. Here. Whether Riss visualizes it as being pulled within that softly glowing core or a small part of it being pushed forward against the glass, the small glade where a fraction of a muse's thought processes have intersected with a nereid's is shown. The mental projection covers the area on Misha's side, causing slight agitation to the endless seas of her mind as further connections are made between the new information and the old. The funnel, guiding dew down the threads of a web of more connections is focused on, and its purpose displayed as clearly as Misha can comprehend it. It is a surprising opportunity to see things within yourself you couldn't say certainly were there.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2014-10-06 at 11:07 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #75

[Summit Springs]

For just the slightest moment, the fires guttered. It was almost unnoticeable but it left signs of it's passing in ways much more evident than it's occurrence. Primarily it was born of confusion although mild dismay flickered through the many burning tongues as Riss tried to process just what Misha was implying. It was a strange ambivalence where part of her reguarded what she saw as mundane and wondering why it was being mentioned at all crossed with bewilderment that this wasn't normal for everyone while the other part was fully realizing that this was something that was so familiar that she didn't even notice it was there save for now where it was suddenly cast into focus. In a strange way, to her it felt comparable to the realization a brain had when it was thinking about it's own existence and there were the beginnings of further introspection before stopping and making a note to do that later. It was a distraction, yes, but one she definitely wanted to pursue as soon as she could.

Regaining her poise, at least for the most part, the muse agreed quite heartily to Misha's sentiment; not bothering to put it to words as even just that was enough and plain for either of them to see. Pressing up closer to the veil between them, Riss reached out until she could go no further almost as if she were placing her hand on a pane of glass. It was a simple act to where she might observe better but unhidden was the desire to simply be as close as she could to this beloved other entity that entranced and fascinated her as she looked on. Perhaps I could do you the same courtesy. she granted in reply as the burning chaos took on some semblance of focus to imitate the ripples and waves crashing into each other in the ways she had seen; the whirlpools seeming to be almost like a magmatic flow although the difficulty in maintaining the facade appeared to stand in well enough for the strange code that Misha tried to interpret and assemble. What followed quickly were what could only be considered 'annotations' as a series of ideas followed with minor alterations to the motions so that more clear 'echoes' could be returned.... Although some were clearly more invasive than others and all were strictly noted as just brainstorming.

Still, her display over, her mind ceased trying to replicate what she saw and returned to being the forge of thought although there was something new there, a glowing ember from the attempt at imitation.. ..I think, even now, you leave me with more questions than answers. was the playful sentiment she gave although with clear undercurrents of being ready for when Misha felt the same.

16. - Top - End - #76

[The Shadow Wood Tree]

A spooky tree in the midst of a spooky park.

Sunder's gloomlings have been preying on a steady diet of shadows in the park as well as other undead creatures by traveling through the roots and into the Gloom. Their numbers are swelling at a phenomenal rate as they fortify the area of the Gloom which Sunder's tree-house leads too. Without a doubt, the powers of undeath are taking careful note of the actions of this strange new nightmaære and her uncanny spawn.

So while her little ponies laugh and work and play and build domain for her in the realm of the undead, Sunder sits on her bed in her own personal chambers pouring over...

Books.

She's reading books.

Big, boring, dry, uninteresting books on governing, laws, taxes, justice, and other such things.

It is incredibly dull.

But she has to do it for her little ponies. They need somepony to lead them. And that somepony is her.

Though she would really like it if it were somepony else.

"Ugh!" the nightmaære groans, casting a tome on zoning laws away as she flops over backwards. "I need to find somepony who knows how to do this ****."

Maybe she could find and eat one of those DART lawyers...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Shadow Wood Tree

There will be an odd sound behind her, followed by a slight twang of a stringed instrument. A banjo, to be precise. If she looks, she'll see a woman in a large, red fuzzy jacket and a fur hat. She has a banjo, which she strums sporadically. She's a troll, like Punch, with the black hair, grey skin, and yellow eyes. Unlike Punch, she actually is heavy-set, with large spiral horns reminiscent of nautilus shells. And her eyes have the 100-yard stare that peer past Sunder.

The strumming isn't musical, more just... random.

18. - Top - End - #78

[The Shadow Wood Tree]

Oh, neat.

Now there's a troll playing the banjo in Sunder's room.

This is an even better excuse to stop reading than just being irritated with the books.

"So... uuh..." Sunder begins eloquently, taken somewhat off guard. "What are you doing in my room?"

That's a pretty reasonable question to ask.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Shadow Wood Tree

"...thank you." She says, focusing on Sunder. "For... being there for Punch. You don't know how much it means to her. So lonely."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-10-06 at 03:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

[The Shadow Wood Tree]

"That didn't really answer my question,"
    Sunder points out. "But... don't mention it, I guess? Punch is my friend. Friends need to be there for each other."

That goes without saying, really.

Sunder considers Punch to be a true, true friend. And a true, true friend helps a friend in need.

21. - Top - End - #81

[Learners' Lair]

Catherine nods, and shuts her door after Miria leaves.

A few minutes later, she comes downstairs! She's dressed rather nicely, but not formally at all. A well fitted shirt with the tiniest hint of a neckline, and a clean pair of jeans!
    "Shall we?" She asks with a grin at Miria.
    Miria smiles.
    We shall!
    And so, off to Inside!
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=334
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-10-06 at 06:08 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Shadow Wood Tree]

"That didn't really answer my question,"
    Sunder points out. "But... don't mention it, I guess? Punch is my friend. Friends need to be there for each other."

That goes without saying, really.

Sunder considers Punch to be a true, true friend. And a true, true friend helps a friend in need.
    The Troll nods. "She was very lonely, and shy. Lower bloods didn't like her because she was high-blooded. High-bloods didn't like her because she didn't like being high-blooded. To everyone she was some kind of outcast."

"And I gave her a chance, and she's the best morail anyone could have."

23. - Top - End - #83

[The Shadow Wood Tree]

Wait.

Waaaait.

Sunder remembers this. Punch's species has a hierarchy based on the color of their blood.

Which is weird.

But there are lots of weird things in the Cosmos, and as such lots of weird things in the Nexus.

So why not?

Though that word the Nexus just refused to translate... "Morail? I'm afraid I don't understand."

[HAFH]

Yes.

YES!

Time to prove his worth!

Reynardine sheds his glamor, taking on his true form. A big wolf-sized blue fox! With mossy bark on his back! And way too many tails!

And you know what he does? He starts digging! Foxes are pretty good at digging.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-10-06 at 11:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Shadow Wood Tree

The troll strums a little more. "When two are different, often extremely so, and forge friendship as a balance. Each one acts a counter to the other's extremes. Each one keeps the other from doing something dangerous. I gave her tenderness so did not push the world away lethally. She gave me confidence so I would not let the world push me until I snap." One of the strings on the banjo breaks.

25. - Top - End - #85

[The Shadow Wood Tree]

"Oh, I see..." the nightmære murmurs. It had been Punch who gave her hope when she was simply going to allow herself fall to mindless undeath. And now? Now Sunder suspects she has a far more auspicious destiny than she ever dared to imagine. "If you're Punch's friend, I'm sure she would be pleased to see you again. I do what I can to keep her company, but my responsibilities to my little ponies have been growing by the hour and my free time has waned all the while."

Punch having another friend would be a good thing, right?

Sunder winces when the banjo string breaks.

"How did you find your way to my home? And what is your name? I feel I'm at a disadvantage."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Shadow Wood Tree

The Troll's eyes zone out and she starts muttering 'minute' and 'hour' over and over again, with other measurements of time thrown in occasionally.

This is not a sane troll.

27. - Top - End - #87

[The Shadow Wood Tree]

Well.

That isn't creepy at all.

Sunder gives the troll a rather uneasy look. "Are you well? If you like, I could have one of my little ponies accompany you to Inari's Temple. The healers there could see to you."

Healers are nice!

They're pretty good at healing things.

Maybe even good at healing minds?

Maybe?

Sunder really isn't sure.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Shadow Wood Tree

"A doomed session will never reach fruition-A seer of time's ability is to see the flow of-in any timeline-time and use it to determine the outcome of certain situations."

She's shaking a little.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Garden Away From Home]

Harvey is... somewhat taken aback by Rey's transformation. Yes, he understood that Grant's friend was something different. What gets to him is that he's all of a sudden regarding the fae as a loyal pet rather than a helpful guest.

Also, now he has an extra shovel. Said item is tossed aside, and Harvey begins slicing squares of turf out of the ground.

'Careful not to dig too deep,' he tells Rey. 'We just need to take the grass layer off.'
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden Away From Home

Grant looks over at his dad and makes a motion that's probably supposed to be a shrug.
    "Just tell me when you need me. Looks good so far." he comments.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]