New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

Shadowood Hold

"Can I help?" Punch asks. "I can't kill undead and make them into ponies, but I can break things that normal ponies can't."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan's Place

Luckily for Morgan's dignity, she just seems to smile at Dark Chocolate, her squee of joy probably not within hearable sound range.
    "Thanks, Chocolate.
    And I'm sorry to hear that, Opal. Glad you're better now."

At which point she begins taking large portions of fruit. In fact, the others better take some before she eats it all.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Sunder gives a nod. "Yeah, you could tag along if you like. It would be cool if some living friends are helping us take one of the cities of the undead."

Cool? Ha! It would be awesome! Punch would get to punch so much stuff.

"I don't know if you can knock out undead without dusting them, but that would help a ton. We get new Team Nightmære members by redeeming the undead and basically every single one of them that's just straight up destroyed is someone we can't save. And that seriously sucks," Sunder explains. "And I dunno if you want to go to Inari's and get warded against getting life-drained or whatever. Because there will be a ton of undead trying to life-drain you. Even the Gloom itself tries to eat people."

It's really awful.

"I'm serious. I've seen living folks get killed in there before. You end up with a ghosty thing, a blob of melted, rotten flesh, and a killer skeleton."

A skillerton!

[Morgan's Place]

Looks like Shadow's undignified squeaking wasn't detected by anypony else in the room. This is one of the upsides to no living with other thestrals.

"Hehe! I'm glad I'm better, too. The Mistress is totally the best thing that's happened to the Nexus' undead community!" she cheers whilst surreptitiously reaching for the last sausage. Air Brush beats her to it and with a flash of a wing the food is dumped in her mouth. Opal pouts slightly, though that quickly gives way to a bout of giggles. "I really mean it, though! I was sure I was going to be miserable forever. But now I can feel again. I have friends and family who love me. I can even remember a lot more about who I was when I was alive. I'm going to see if my brother made it through Atropus' descent later on today. And if he didn't... well..." that grin of hers doesn't even falter. "Then I'll find him and redeem him myself!"

"Here here!"
    "Go Team Nightmære!" "Go Team Nightmære!" Air and Chocolate both proclaim before high-hoof bumping with a loud clop.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan's Place

Morgan mumbles something, but it's pretty hard to understand through all the fruit in her mouth. Soon breakfast will likely be over and they'll have to go out to report.
    Which probably means being in the sun for a few minutes, unless there's an entrance to the sewers in their basement.

GAFH

Lee snorts. "They do, Dad, you just don't know any phone numbers from people in this city." he says.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-10-13 at 06:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shadowood Hold

It's a good thing that Punch can't hear narrative text or she would have hurt someone for that pun!

"Yeah, I likely Should. Better Safe and all. As for not Destroying the Undead... I think I have Some ice Gloves that Can freeze them? I'm more worried about Big things that normal People Couldn't take. Like twenty-foot-things made from a Dozen Bodies Or Something. Saw that On the internet Somewhere." The internet is full of evil things also pictures from the D&D monster manuals. "Things that we're Going to need Real Power to Shut Down, One way Or another. Real threats."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Were-House]

"The temple was left alone, right? It's just the priest and his pride that were hurt."
    Attempt to put a comforting hand on Charlotte's shoulder.
    "It is as holy a place as it's always been."
    Charlotte nods, but says, "It's just...Having something so unnatural like that...Put itself in the place of a temple. I just...It's almost unbearable."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the Internet.

Sunder gives another nod, "Yeah, I gotcha. We're still gearing up for this little expedition, but if you like I can give you a call before we go."

A beat.

"And if I see that friend of yours again? I'll call you before she vanishes."

Punch would probably like to talk to her.

Or so Sunder assumes.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shadowood Hold

"I'll Go ask at that temple for One Of those ward things. As for Minute... I'd appreciate if you tried. I've Been wanting to See her for more than a moment for a while now." Punch sounds sad... she misses this Minute person.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Garden Away From Home

Ah, well. says Cornelius. I suppose we'll have to try and identify it some other way. Let's have a look at this thing. And he crouches down next to it, examining it closely and looking it over for distinctive markings or features.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

Jace's Workshop

Jace is in today! He and Zebes are finally relaxing after all the wacky shenanigans, sitting quietly in the shop, reading some magazines. They haven't had an order today, nor any inspiration for a project, so Jace isn't busy actually making something.
    Jace's Workshop

Jace or Zebes should recognize Richard, the eldest of Veronica's brothers as he gracefully sets down in front of their shop. He's dressed in just a pair of khaki pants, but his white feathers cover much of his torso. He looks stressed and concerned right off as he approaches. "Jace? I...we need some help. I'm sorry." He says quietly, not wanting to meet Jace's eyes.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Workshop

Jace and Zebes both look up, recognizing the boy. Jace moves to the counter and leans over, concern on his face.
    "Don't apologize Richard. What is it?" he says calmly.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Workshop

Richard reaches up to rub his forehead with his wing as he gives a sigh. "Our mother stopped by, trying to come back and there was a big fight and..." He stops to wipe his eyes, not wanting to get caught crying. "Veronica chased her off, but she's in a bad way right now. I think we all are."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Workshop

Jace gives a long exhale. Veronica had made it pretty clear what her thoughts on her mother. He vaults over the counter.
    "All right, we can go now. Do you think anything else I could bring would help? he says to the boy.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Workshop => Harpy Apartment

"I don't know. Chocolates, flowers, whatever you think. I have to get going since she doesn't know I'm out. Just arrive when you can." Richard says with a grateful nod. "And thanks. This means a lot." He adds before taking off.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

Jace arrives about half an hour later, having taken only a small detour to grab some flowers. Flowers are something you do normally; they don't come across as a special occasion enough to make it seem like you're trying very hard to make someone happy. Being simple will seem more sincere. At least that's what Jace thinks. And for once, Zebes has nothing to suggest about this.
    And so, Jace arrives with a clean, collared shirt and his nicest pair of jeans (don't try too hard) on Veronica's doorstep, a small bouquet of colorful little mountain wildflowers in his hands. The tiny little booth near his home doesn't really have the best selection, but they always get nice, interesting things.
    Zebes sits on his shoulder as always, his usually chipper mood dampened by circumstance. Jace rings the doorbell, hoping she doesn't do the "mistook person at door for the person I'm mad at" routine.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    GAFH

Lee snorts. "They do, Dad, you just don't know any phone numbers from people in this city." he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusFabrius View Post
    Garden Away From Home

Ah, well. says Cornelius. I suppose we'll have to try and identify it some other way. Let's have a look at this thing. And he crouches down next to it, examining it closely and looking it over for distinctive markings or features.
    [GAFH]

Cornelius should only be able to get so close to the metal plate before the heat becomes too intense, so inspection right up close may be difficult. It's rather akin to trying to stick one's head in an oven.

As for markings, the pattern on its surface is plant inspired, with lots of twisting vines outlined with deep grooves. Interestingly, it looks as though some parts of it might slide around, if pulled or pushed.

'I guess it was pretty pointless trying out old area code,' Harvey admits, to his son. 'That phone book may well be useful, Reynardine.'

Not necessarily in this particular instance, but certainly in future.
    Last edited by Baeleck; 2014-10-14 at 05:42 PM.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

Even outside the door, Jace and Zebes will hear some sniffling and the sound of someone using tissues right on the other side. When they knock, it stops for a bit. "W-Who is it?" Veronica calls out, obviously in a poor state as she's been crying for a long time.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ivaz's Apartment

From a dark corner near the door comes Ivaz, probably bringing Katrina along with her.

Ivaz's apartment is fairly large and has plenty of goodies in it. Seems like she does well for herself.

Or steals a lot.

Ivaz will go to lead Katrina to the couch and lower her onto it before heading to the kitchen.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ivaz's Apartment]

Katrina wakes up on the couch... sort of...

Errrreh?

20. - Top - End - #200

Ivaz's Apartment

Ivaz hears her wake and chuckles from the kitchen.

It's alive!

She comes back with two cups of coffee, one of which she sets down on the table for Katrina before taking a seat in a chair near the couch. Katrina may notice that they're both still in their costumes.

You make a habit of getting wasted and waking up on strange couches?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

GAFH

Lee snorts. "Gramps, get away from that thing! It's way too hot to be poking around. At least unless you've got some fire-proof skin powers you haven't told us about."

Harpy Apartment

Jace leans against the door, getting close so his voice projects through it.
    "It's me, Veronica. A little birdie told me that now would be a good time to visit." he says pleasantly through the door to her.
    Here's the Bad Situation litmus test: if puns do nothing, this is extra serious. As in, really, really serious.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ivaz's Apartment]

Yeah, yeah...

Katrina accepts the coffee gratefully

Thanks.

she takes a sip, winces, then laughs weakly

Not in years. I just failed to notice it was 100 proof when you handed me the bottle.

23. - Top - End - #203

Ivaz's Apartment

Ivaz raises an eyebrow as she sips from her cup.

I gave you the 100 proof? Huh. Meant to grab the 150.

Then she grins.

Oh well. Still ended up here.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ivaz's Apartment]

Katrina shudders

One-fifty! Ouch - that I would have noticed.

She looks around

Yup, here... Nice place, too.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

"...I'm going to kill them." She swears before sighing and scooting away from the door. "Come on in." She says. Assuming they enter the apartment, they'll find the nearby floor littered with crumpled tissues and find Veronica seated next to the wall, her wings wrapped around her knees as she sits there in misery. "I guess whichever one told you everything?"

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

Jace enters the place, closing the door behind him and then carefully steps over the minefield of used tissues to sit down against the wall next to Veronica.
    "To be honest we only got the highly abridged version. Would you like to give us the details, or would you prefer not to?" he says softly, trying to be as gentle as possible.

27. - Top - End - #207

Ivaz's Apartment

Thank you. Only paid for half of it, too. Ivaz chuckles, then leans back in her chair.

So, what do you wanna do now, hm? I can think of a few things, but I figured I'd let think of something first.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

Veronica goes over everything that happened and was said, not missing a single word of it. By the end she's sniffling again and leaning against the sorceror's shoulder for support as she wipes her nose and eyes. "I never thought I could get so angry." She admits, sounding ashamed of herself.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Charlotte nods, but says, "It's just...Having something so unnatural like that...Put itself in the place of a temple. I just...It's almost unbearable."
    [Were-House]

"You're taking this too seriously. Its not the temple that's important; I mean, it's a very nice building and all, but what really matters is the people, and the bats, who make up the congregation, you know?"
    Gives Charlotte a moment to calm.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

Zebes steps off of Jace's shoulder and onto Veronica's, shrouding both of them with his wings.

"You have nothing to feel sorry about, Veronica. You've been through so much, done so much. It might be an issue of family, but really you were simply protecting your siblings, and refusing to be taken advantage of. There's nothing wrong with that." he says to her.