New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

Harpy Apartment- Zebes

Zebes looks up at the kids.
    "Well, I am pretty good at video games. Got any you need help with?" he offers with a smile.

Harpy Apartment- Jace

Jace looks around, giving a whistle at the massive bathroom in the otherwise smallish apartment.
    "Well, it's certainly impressive. You're probably right about me not figuring out what to do with it all. Just what's the first step?"
    he says, knowing full well what that answer probably is.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment - Zebes

"Well, we have a go-kart racing game, but all three of us are so bad at it we haven't even gotten through the first couple levels. If you're good at those, you're more than welcome to try it."
    Samuel suggests as the other two nod, eager to see someone they hope to be a master of gaming at work.

Harpy Apartment - Jace

"Well, besides the obvious first step, how hot do you like your baths?"
    Veronica asks as she begins to peel off her clothing piece by piece to toss to the side, though she tosses her tube top at Jace while she sticks her tongue out at him teasingly. Once bare, she'll head over to fiddle with the dials to warm up the water, certainly aware he's probably staring at her. "And the reason for the baths instead of showers is to provide us with something we can truly soak in. Feathers are pretty good at deflecting water in a shower."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment- Zebes

Zebes smiles.
    "Sure, that sounds fine. No offense, but I'm not surprised that you're having some trouble when you only have four fingers. Where's the console?" he asks cheerily.

Harpy Apartment- Jace

"Uh, hot, but without being a steambath." Jace says simply, ducking under the flying top and for now attempting to keep from staring by fiddling with his shoes and shirt buttons. Probably a bit slowly. Well. Just because she gave him permission to stare doesn't mean he should just go around doing it all the time!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment - Zebes

"Yeah, it does make it hard to play the games. It makes a lot of things hard really."
    Richard admits with a sigh before opening the nightstand that the TV in their room is on, showing the game console and a couple controllers for it. "That said, Heather is the best of us when it comes to the platformers." He adds as Heather grins proudly.

Harpy Apartment - Jace

Veronica leans over to turn the water to the temperature she thinks Jace might like, and when he looks he'll find that she's fanned her tail out and up, pretty much displaying everything to him as she hums happily. "Need help with that, Jace?" She asks, looking over her shoulder with a slight knowing smile. Even though she's blushing heavily about this entire situation, she seems to be enjoying herself which is a vast improvement compared to before.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment- Zebes

Zebes nods, and shifts up into the shape of a goldenrod kobold with khaki shorts. The smiling reptile takes one of the controllers.
    "All right, then. Hook me up and we'll see what I can do." he says, finding a seat.

Harpy Apartment- Jace

"No, fine, fine."
    Jace is turning more and more red, even if he doesn't seem particularly disturbed. Just awkward. Eventually he will finish undressing, but he'll likely be in the water soon after that. Just because she gave him express permission to stare doesn't mean he feels particularly comfortable doing the same!
    Well, really he does, but that means he's simply equally embarrassed.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

[Druid Residence, just outside GLoG]

From Outside comes the red-haired druid girl and her new drider companion, up to the new home built on the edge of the GLoG grounds. The Construction Gnomes have been busy, making the home rustic yet comfortable. Two stories and a loft, a comfortable pool in the 'back 40', and a underground basement make up the place, as Jamie leads the way through the gate.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment - Zebes

The harpies rummage around the room for a few minutes before eventually one finds the racing game under a bed. Once the game is in, the three settle in behind Zebes to watch him play.

Harpy Apartment - Jace

After Jace is in the water, Veronica follows shortly, entering slow to allow her feathers to soak enough water to keep her from floating too easily. The first thing she does once she's able to is float over to Jace so she can try to wrap her wings around him and rest her head on his chest to listen to his heartbeat. He'll find there are underwater seats built into the giant tubs/pools so it might be easiest for him to sit on one of those if Veronica is successful. Overall though it seems that she would rather enjoy the intimacy of the moment the most for now though that is likely to change once she grows used to his presence.

Druid Residence

By the time she gets here, Leap is fully dressed and quite impressed with the place, even giving a low whistle as she looks about it. "You weren't kidding when you said it was a house. All this for the four of you? Wow..." She says, stunned by the size of the place. She gives a shake of her head and continues to follow Jamie though.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-10-15 at 11:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

[Druid Residence]

"Well, just between you and me...mom has had thoughts of a bigger family," Jamie whispers conspiratorially, giggling softly. "But she wanted it to be impressive, roomy, and a surprise for dad. If he ever comes out of the lab he'll be really surprised," she adds with a grin, leading the way up to the front door and knocking - the door being answered by Quinn a moment later.

"Ah, Jamie, you're back early...and made a friend?" the brunette paladin asks, smiling at Leap.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Druid Residence

"Hello, Mrs. Druid, call me Leap."
    The Drider says with an honest smile as she reaches out to shake her hand. "Jamie's told me good things about you. I hate to ask this, but would it be possible for me to spend a night or two here?" She asks, wanting to make sure it was okay for sure rather than take only Jamie's word on it.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment- Zebes

Zebes is pretty good at NexusKart. Well, at least until 150cc, but chances are they won't get that far too quickly.

Harpy Apartment- Jace

Jace does sit down, and puts his arms around her as well. There's a long pause as he lets her sit there, and after a minute or two she might find him humming some tune a bit quietly, simply enjoying the moment as well.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Druid Residence

"Of course! And please, call me Quinn. 'Mrs. Druid' makes me feel old." Quinn laughs softly, shaking her head as she motions for the girls to enter. "If Jamie vouches for you, then you're welcome to stay. I was just preparing dinner but I can make extra, it's no problem at all."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment - Jace

Veronica takes a deep breath after a bit and lets it out in a slow pleased sigh before looking up at Jace. "I...I'm glad you came today, Jace. I really am." She admits before leaning in to kiss his neck. "And I know I want this if you do, and I couldn't think of anyone better to be with." She tells him sincerely.

Druid Residence

Leap smiles. "Alright, Quinn it is. And I am sorry I'm imposing, but I'm really thankful to have a place to stay for now. I've been living in the woods for the past few weeks and this could go a long way towards working some stiffness out of sleeping on an ill-made hammock." She explains as she enters the house behind them, mindful of her larger size so she doesn't break anything. "Do you have any house rules I should know about?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Druid Residence

"Basically don't do anything you wouldn't want your mother not to know about, and we're good," Quinn says with a chuckle as she hurries to the kitchen, the sound of sizzling steaks barely audible. "And don't be late for dinner, that's the only other rule!"

Jamie giggles, shaking her head. "That and don't get dad angry at you, but I don't think that'll be a problem."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment- Jace

Jace smiles as he looks down at her.
    "You're welcome. But really, Veronica, you insult me. 'If' I want it? Do you really think that I'd have come here if I didn't, and just have been lying about everything for months. Come on, you know be better than that."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

Veronica smiles wryly up at Jace. "You're right, I do know you better than that. I should apologize for that insult..." She admits, squirming happily on his lap before leaning forward to give him a solid kiss. Unless stopped, she'll move to pull the curtain right then.

Druid Residence

Leap raises an eyebrow. "I'm fairly certain we wouldn't want me to follow my mother's rules. They were rather loose." She admits. "Lots of rough housing, webbing, and biting was allowed provided we didn't truly hurt one another." The Drider explains to Jamie. "Unless that's fine here, but I doubt it."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy Apartment

Jace chuckles, and does not stop her in the slightest.

[Well, there goes a whole category of jokes I can't make anymore, Boss. End of an era, that's what that is.]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Druid Residence

"Ah. I see. Yeah, we're a little stricter than that," Jamie admits with a blush and giggle. "Basically act respectful, but don't be stiff, I guess would be a good way to put it? If it's not something you'd want people to know about...don't." She nods, then steps over to the nearby sitting room. "Hey, do you like tea?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #258
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Out in the courtyard, the shadows glom together: likely startling a number of gloomings. There is a swell of power and a vague form appears: two burning red eyes atop a female humanoid shape. Then...

the whole effect is completely spoiled when a fairly large and spooky looking unicorn charges out from behind the now not-so-imposing figure.

I can't wait for the mistress to see me now! She'll be so impressed. Hey, guys!

The shadows fade, revealing a shadowy vixen with inky black fur and nine waving tails.

For the first time in our acquaintance you show something resembling enthusiasm, and you use it to disrupt my entrance: thanks, Dark Dreams.

Sorry. But guys! GUYS! Tsukiko has come to visit!
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-10-17 at 04:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Nightlight and his new acquaintance are approaching the fortress right about the Tsukiko appears. What a coincidence! "Oh cool, we have some visitors! The fox lady is Lady Tsukiko. Our Mistress works for her."

Always nice to know what the chain of command is.

After getting over their initial shock, the shadelings will gather around the shadow nine tails and begin peppering her with friendly greetings and questions. Most of them are vaguely aware that their Mistress is under someone elses authority, but they haven't ever met her before! But now they have! And that means enthusiastic greetings are totally necessary. Others who have met Dark Dreams congratulate her on her newly increased stature.

"I'll go tell the Mistress you've arrived," a gloomy pegasus stallion says before zipping off into the tree.

That's kind of a messenger-y thing to do.

But we can forgive him, right?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Tsukiko will happily answer their questions and return their greetings: there's always something infectious about the cheery little things.

Dark Dreams nods to the stallion

Yes, please do!

21. - Top - End - #261

[Shadowood Hold]

Before long the stallion comes strutting back, looking quite pleased with himself.

Why?

Because he gets to follow Sunder as she comes out to greet the guest! The massive pegasus nightmære inclines her head to the shadow fox. "You're arrived at a somewhat somber time. I've just finished laying one of my little ponies to rest in the tombs below the roots of the tree."

Aaww...

That's sad!

And Sunder's sad, too!

But her mission is a violent one. The undead won't be redeemed quietly and some of her little ponies will undoubtedly perish in the process. But even the peaceful rest of death is preferred to the torment of undead slavery.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Tsukiko bows her head respectfully

I am very sorry to hear that, Sunder.

Dark Dreams, however, looks positively crestfallen. That was not the sort of news she wanted to hear at all.

Oh no...

23. - Top - End - #263
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

The new Alizé follows Nightlight back, finally arriving at the hold!

Then the nightmare spawn goes to join the shadelings peppering Tsukiko with greetings and happy questions. This might not go over so well.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

GAFH

Ah, come on, Harvey, it'll be fine. Cornelius can clearly see how apprehensive his son is.Now, are we going to investigate an ancient unknowable artifact or not?
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

25. - Top - End - #265

[Shadowood Hold]

"Requiem was a good little pony and the joy she brought to her friends will be missed," Sunder says. All around her ears droop. "Even still, the peace of true death shouldn't be denied her. She stood up for what was right to the end and paid for it with her life. We can all learn from her example."

The pegasus nightmære sighs, her neck bowing. "What we are doing, my little ponies, is very disruptive to the status quo. We will be opposed, at times violently, by the undead, their living allies, and even undead hunters who fail to grasp the scope of what we aim to do and the freedom we offer to those in chains. We can't falter. There are too many suffering the indignity of undeath for us to simply give up and give in because we are threatened or even killed. So I ask you, my little ponies, to continue to stand with me in spite of the heartache we'll endure when our friends are lost."

For a moment there's somber silence.

And then?

Then the mob of shadelings begins gathering around Sunder for one giant group hug. Sunder reaches out with her enormous, regal wings and enshrouds as many as she can.

D'aaww...

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Dark Dreams rushes in for the group hug - not that she really knew Requiem, but a death in the family was terribly sad!

Tsukiko stands quietly and respectfully off to the side and waits.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Shadowwood Hold]

Even the new nightmare spawn gathers into the hug.

Requiem was not a good pony. She was a bully and a monster, and she died because she was proud.
    But saying that won't help anyone at all. Her death will help motivate people, so that's good. It wasn't a total waste.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #268

[Shadowood Hold]

Aaww... Requiem would be sad that you still feel that way, Alizé. Maybe you'll change your mind eventually?

Hugs sure are nice.

But they, like all things, must come to an end.

The various shadelings begin heading back to whatever tasks they were previously busy with as Sunder turns her attention to her visitor. "To what do we own the pleasure of your visit, Lady Tsukiko?"

Wow.

Sunder has gotten so fancy she can pronounce Tsukiko's name properly now.

That's quite the step up.

Nightlight, meanwhile, heads into the Hold and motions for Alizé to follow him.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shadowood Hold]

Tsukiko smiles

I came to present your messenger: Dark Dreams. She has had a very busy few weeks, and has comported herself very well.

Dark Dreams smiles happily

i listened to Myobu teach about how to be a messenger, and I went to the shadow realm! There was a great huge dragon with eight heads and a whole bunch of people and a party and they taught me shadow magic and the princess got engaged to a prince and there was a danceandeverybodywasdressedfancyandIhadshadowwinea nd...

Tsukiko smiles

Breathe, Dreams...

30. - Top - End - #270

[Shadowood Hold]

"It sounds as though you've been quite busy, my little pony. A wedding between a princess and a prince is no small affair," Sunder replies. "Is there anything else you wish to tell me? I can't help but notice that your stature has has grown a little."

Or maybe more than a little.

That, and she's starting to show off emotions!

She was so cold previously.

Maybe her old self is finally done trying to fight off the new. Better to just embrace the enthusiasm for life.