Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Flash on CW

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Flash on CW

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't care that everything got reset, as long as Cisco doesn't die again. I'm happy to lose all of the other developments and go back to status quo as long as we keep him around. I swear I almost cried when Wells killed him. He's the best character on the show. If he went permanently I'm not sure I could keep watching.

Speaking of, Cisco died because he found out about the reverse flash because the hologram in there was still active months later. Why would Wells be so sloppy as to have that still there waiting to be found?

Also was it ever stated that the magic weather wand was a 1 time use thing and I just missed it? When you have a special item that negates all of your enemy's powers, why the **** are you trying to hunt the guy without carrying that **** with you? And why does Barry after stopping the guy not take the half a second of time to capture the now powerless supervillain running away before whisking the other dude to the hospital? That whole sequence pissed me off. And it sucks because the whole thing could have been avoided if they just hadn't introduced the weather neutralization wand. But they did put it in and thus made nothing else in the episode make any sense at all.
    I just chant my mantra of "Comicbook logc, comicbook logic comicbook logic.
    Ommmmmmmm"
    Spoiler: stuff
    Show

I like Wells/Thawne's reveal and killing Cisco. I never cared much for Cisco so I'm fine with him being killed, but it was Wells' mastery of the scene that did it. I always wonder how these speedsters can be so sure no one is watching when they decide to speed up in public. Did Wells really think Caitlin wouldn't notice he was gone from his wheelchair? Or any other patrons of the cafe? Or even happen to be looking at him when he zipped off?

Apart from that, good episode.

Barry now breaking the time barrier: YAY!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm gonna have to assume that Barry's "oh boy" at the end there was a Quantum Leap reference.
    Now with half the calories!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Just saw this. Holy ****.

Spoiler
    Show

Barry didn't find out about Cisco before he went back. So I'm worried they won't undo that. Cisco's the best part of the show, dang it.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    I'm gonna have to assume that Barry's "oh boy" at the end there was a Quantum Leap reference.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He travelled back in time to Put Right What Once Went Wrong. What else could he possibly say?!

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    Just saw this. Holy ****.

Spoiler
    Show

Barry didn't find out about Cisco before he went back. So I'm worried they won't undo that. Cisco's the best part of the show, dang it.
    NO worries.
    Spoiler
    Show

You see Cisco and Cold talking in the teaser for Next Week. So things are obviously going to be pretty different.

I'm still just WOWSERS! So my favorite show on TV!
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

It's that time again.

Spoiler: New Episode: Rogue Time
    Show
    So the Duo turns into a Trio. Very interested in the mechanics behind the Midas gun.

Really nice to know there are repercussions for screwing up the timeline. Though to be fair to Barry, he was facing an impossible choice either way it went.

But as it stands, overall progress. Cisco still lives, the usual CW the-love-girl-I-can't-have angst is still there, and one of Barry's enemies knows his identity, which played out nicely imo; and most importantly, Barry is now highly suspicious of Wells.

Also thought the scene in the force field room was a nice touch.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #247
    Colossus in the Playground

I found it very difficult to care about, well, anything that happened in this episode. I think I must've skipped through half of the episode, including some of the action sequences, just because everything about Captain Cold is the most boring thing imaginable, except for Barry's relationship with what's her face, the cop's daughter, which is even more boring.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2015-03-25 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    It's that time again.

Show

Spoiler: Force field room
    Show
    I can picture watching it with someone who hadn't seen last episode.

"Ok, nice pep talk...um, Hutt? Why are you cringing?"

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I found it very difficult to care about, well, anything that happened in this episode. I think I must've skipped through half of the episode, including some of the action sequences, just because everything about Captain Cold is the most boring thing imaginable, except for Barry's relationship with what's her face, the cop's daughter, which is even more boring.
    Captain Cold has always been one of my favorite villains, and I'm loving how he has been coming off this week.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm finding it funny how they are advertising next week. They KNOW their audiance, since we have seen a LOT of the OLD Trickster but very very little of the new boy. I'm curious what ratio of villains will be going to jail vs. joining the rouges now.
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

10. - Top - End - #250

Spoiler
    Show
    An acute case of comic book logic, the agreement with Captain Cold It looks oh so much worse in a live action show.

It's really unfortunate they signed a contract with the Prison Break guy to play Cold in N episodes. It's the most boring enemy and today was a low point. Not because of how embarrassed I felt about the talk in the forest, but because the supposedly table-turning guns just kept being used as normal revolvers in the hands of cognitively challenged amateurs.
    Last edited by Clertar; 2015-03-25 at 02:47 PM.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, I thought it was OK. Wells continues to be my favorite character of the series. Best actor, best lines, best on-screen presence, best everything. The show will honestly lose a lot of its draw for me if/when he finally goes.

12. - Top - End - #252

I'm glad Iris hasn't admitted her feelings, because she and Barry make an awful couple. I hope Reverse-Flash succeeds in killing her this time. Only way their relationship will be interesting.

13. - Top - End - #253

PirateGuy

Gotta love the trailer for next week saying "here's a villain who's all trick and no joke." Just the teeniest bit of metahumor there.
    Now with half the calories!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Just a thought
    Spoiler
    Show
    what if Eddie kills Wells and dons his suit becoming the Reverse Flash only to be killed by the Flash and Eddie's suit eventually passes into Eobard's hands who discovers he can tap into the speed force absorbed by the suit?

He learns Barry kills the Reverse Flash and assumes that he will be killed unless he kills Barry first, but thwarted in his attempt on Barry he accidentally depowers himself and his time machine is rendered unable to return to his own time.

He uses the information to discover a suitable cover identity using the resources left available to assume Wells identity having secretly buried the original Wells who died in the car crash along with his wife and develops the means to restore his powers.

However at some point he will try and reveal himself to Eddie who promptly kills him taking the suit and once he realises it grants him his powers becomes what is assumed to be the original Reverse Flash sealing the paradoxical time loop explaining where the suit came from, how Eddie got his powers and through him how Eobard eventually gains his and makes the trip into the past.

Would it be a shock if someone helped Barry travel to the past to help protect himself?

Eobard will naturally assumed Barry can do that eventually and everyone probably assumes he did but what if he had help and maybe Rip Hunter I think he's called disables Eobard's time ship?

Okay its far fetched but I thought it was worth jotting down just in case!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    It's that time again.

Show
    So the Duo turns into a Trio. Very interested in the mechanics behind the Midas gun.

Really nice to know there are repercussions for screwing up the timeline. Though to be fair to Barry, he was facing an impossible choice either way it went.

But as it stands, overall progress. Cisco still lives, the usual CW the-love-girl-I-can't-have angst is still there, and one of Barry's enemies knows his identity, which played out nicely imo; and most importantly, Barry is now highly suspicious of Wells.

I still think that this happened regardless of the time travel, but the weather mage dude was a bigger issue so no one knew about it.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    I still think that this happened regardless of the time travel, but the weather mage dude was a bigger issue so no one knew about it.
    Spoiler: Cisco
    Show
    Instead of being kidnapped, Cisco would be dead. So he wouldn't build the guns for Cold and Heatwave and Golden Glider.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Neat idea I had this morning. Probably not true but...

\queues up "Wouldn't it be nice if..."

Spoiler
    Show
    ...the Trickster is the CW-verse version of the Psycho-Pirate in the aftermath of Crisis. That is, the world has changed and he's the only one that remembers how it was before.

Think about it for a moment. The 90's series happened - the Trickster was defeated by Flash (Barry Allen) and a female detective, tried and jailed, just as shown in the 90's series. But a time crisis happened... and now the Flash is some young guy just starting his career in late 2014. The world believes he was just defeated by that gumshoe detective... but the Trickster KNOWS it was the Flash - the *real* Flash, not this wet-behind-the-ears snotfaced kid that belongs in short pants.

Except, the Trickster being the Trickster, the rest of the world assumes he's just nuts.

And maybe he is...

Idle speculation\wishing aside, I for one am hoping Hamil isn't the only "returning" character next episode.
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2015-03-26 at 02:16 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, god, these last two eps physically hurt.

Spoiler: Spoilers.
    Show
    So, we killed Metamorpho before he could become Metamorpho. Nice.

Ya know, it's sad when I honestly think Iris was better written back in the 1960's then she is now.

Cold continues to baffle me in that why have the cops not just gotten a sniper on him already and had done with it?

Is that real permanent gold she's shooting out of that gun? If so, *Headdesk.*.

And that deal was so, so, so, STUPID! WHY?! Leave him there, sweep the city at super speed, and call STAR labs and Felicity over in Starling/Star/what-ever city and get rid of any copys of that information he could possibly have. Or hell, better still, alter it and release it so it says the Flash is Eddie or the Police Captain or someone who can 100% be verified NOT to be the Flash so as to discredit Cold if he ever DOES claim it's Barry.

Yeah, Eddie, way to go there champ, Deck a long established CSI with no combat capacity what so ever in the face in front of like thirty people and probably cameras that can be made to be produced as Evidence if he decides he didn't like getting slugged in the face. Way to go big man, way to go. Hell, not like the mob, who's illegal activity's here can't necessarily be proven in court of law, wouldn't want to use that later as leverage on you or something even if Barry does opt to just take it.

You know, I almost hope they DO do Crisis on Infinite Earths/Flashpoint, just to reset this entire shared Universe and get all the BS out of the equation.
    "I Burn!"

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    lol... wut. The only character who died was the OC Mason Bridge. Rex Mason hasn't appeared yet. I find it hard to believe you could have confused the two.

And that deal was so, so, so, STUPID! WHY?! Leave him there, sweep the city at super speed, and call STAR labs and Felicity over in Starling/Star/what-ever city and get rid of any copys of that information he could possibly have.
    He's fast, but he's not that fast.
    Last edited by Zmeoaice; 2015-03-26 at 04:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Not fast enough to make a couple of calls to the best computer experts in universe so far and then get where they tell him to go before Cold can? Not seeing it.
    "I Burn!"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, god, these last two eps physically hurt.

Show

Ya know, it's sad when I honestly think Iris was better written back in the 1960's then she is now.

Cold continues to baffle me in that why have the cops not just gotten a sniper on him already and had done with it?

Is that real permanent gold she's shooting out of that gun? If so, *Headdesk.*.

And that deal was so, so, so, STUPID! WHY?! Leave him there, sweep the city at super speed, and call STAR labs and Felicity over in Starling/Star/what-ever city and get rid of any copys of that information he could possibly have. Or hell, better still, alter it and release it so it says the Flash is Eddie or the Police Captain or someone who can 100% be verified NOT to be the Flash so as to discredit Cold if he ever DOES claim it's Barry.

Yeah, Eddie, way to go there champ, Deck a long established CSI with no combat capacity what so ever in the face in front of like thirty people and probably cameras that can be made to be produced as Evidence if he decides he didn't like getting slugged in the face. Way to go big man, way to go. Hell, not like the mob, who's illegal activity's here can't necessarily be proven in court of law, wouldn't want to use that later as leverage on you or something even if Barry does opt to just take it.

You know, I almost hope they DO do Crisis on Infinite Earths/Flashpoint, just to reset this entire shared Universe and get all the BS out of the equation.

Honestly, this episode had some issues, but I could still enjoy watching it despite those issues. Unlike the previous episode which had me raging at the TV out loud for most of the episode about how stupid everything was.

Also I was scared to death that Cisco was about to get murdered by Wells again when they went down into the chamber, for what it's worth.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Show

Spoiler: the solution
    Show
    Your last solution is clever, I like it.

Barry could have also flooded the city with false Flash outings, tens or hundreds of new "true" identities exposed every day; Cold's info would have gotten buried in the avalanche.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: The solution.
    Show
    Take it a step further. Make twenty or thirty so of them be "From Cold." Including Wells, Joe, Iris, Eddy, Ronnie, Dr. Ronnie fuses with, Reporters we know, the captain, the captain's boyfriend, Ray Palmer and Oliver Queen just for chuckles, and like, five or ten dead guys, maybe including Elvis or something. Utterly obliterate not just his credibility, but the credibility of ANYONE ever accusing anyone relevant of being in anyway involved with The Flash in the future short of having video.
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #264

Spoiler: The solution.
    Show
    Take it a step further. Make twenty or thirty so of them be "From Cold." Including Wells, Joe, Iris, Eddy, Ronnie, Dr. Ronnie fuses with, Reporters we know, the captain, the captain's boyfriend, Ray Palmer and Oliver Queen just for chuckles, and like, five or ten dead guys, maybe including Elvis or something. Utterly obliterate not just his credibility, but the credibility of ANYONE ever accusing anyone relevant of being in anyway involved with The Flash in the future short of having video.
    That's the problem of writing a clever and cunnning character with the approach of a ten-year old: both he and the rest of the cast end up coming across as retarded.

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked how the big mafia in the city could be overthrown by two dudes doing a bad impression of a bar brawl.
    Last edited by Clertar; 2015-03-27 at 02:31 AM.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not fast enough to make a couple of calls to the best computer experts in universe so far and then get where they tell him to go before Cold can? Not seeing it.
    It can still take them days or weeks to track them and Barry could have minutes. Cold is connecting the data via a computer that's presumably either remote access or has one of the other two guarding it. They have no idea what that computer is like or where it could possibly be, or if it's just being uploaded via wherever from a phone. Given which, they're probably using disposables without convenient international calls and the computer may not even be connected to a network until the minute they want to upload, that's a whole lot of variables nobody can be expected to deal with.

Because, and this is a thing people are shocked about far more often than they should, hiding data is easy. Felicity mostly catches cheap thugs who can barely work an iphone. Just getting her hands on Komodo was explicitly pure luck and she wasn't exactly able to just hack her way into beating Slade or Merlyn. All it takes is 30 seconds connected to the internet for them to send off a bunch of emails written ahead of time to the police, news, military, and whoever else might listen and the jig is up. For all they know those emails could just be plugged in from a thumb drive from elsewhere.

Snart is a fast adapting career criminal who knows his enemy hangs out around tech geeks and did from day one. The odds of him making that kind of screwup are really low. This of course presuming that Felicity is even free given she's already double booked without him with two other guys, and taking on a fourth spot with whoever else is coming in the next show(fifth? She may be in Vixen, I haven't seen it).

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    That's the problem of writing a clever and cunnning character with the approach of a ten-year old: both he and the rest of the cast end up coming across as retarded.

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked how the big mafia in the city could be overthrown by two dudes doing a bad impression of a bar brawl.
    Those guys on the other hand? American midwest criminals. They aren't exactly a big deal given they probably have no human trafficking or drugs of note, not being on a boarder or coast or even a real hub city. Central City has pretty much been defined as a place nothing happens before now and their operations are going to be nowhere near as advanced as whatever Brickwell is doing in Starling.
    Last edited by Jayngfet; 2015-03-27 at 04:13 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    This of course presuming that Felicity is even free given she's already double booked without him with two other guys, and taking on a fourth spot with whoever else is coming in the next show(fifth? She may be in Vixen, I haven't seen it).
    Are you turning her into Oracle ?
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Are you turning her into Oracle ?
    It would be a welcome turn for her character, now that she's basically been reduced to being the sniffling, teary-eyed dame.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: New Ep
    Show
    Come on, we KNEW there was going to be at least one "father" joke.

I like that we've seen the actual battle with the Reverse Flash now. I was hoping for more cameos from the original series, but it was still good.

So, RF replaced Wells. Makes sense, really, easier to come in with the backstory being a real thing.

Eddie being brought into the pack? THAT was a surprise.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"I am your father."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, that episode was a lot less stupid than the previous one, to the point where "comic book logic" actually worked as an excuse again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Trickster works way better than Cold, since the threat he represents is entirely on a strategic level. Once the Flash gets him into a physical confrontation, it's over, as it should be. I'm especially glad they didn't stress the knife trap too much - any trap like it shouldn't be a problem for Barry, since being fast enough is his entire deal.

Also I don't think dropping a bunch of knives on someone is enough to kill them, since they are relatively light, not balanced for that sort of thing, and not really meant to punch through bone. But that's besides the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting