Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Flash on CW

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Flash on CW

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    "I am your father."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA
    The rest of the episode was pretty good. Even if it weren't, this line alone would have made everything worthwhile.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Also I don't think dropping a bunch of knives on someone is enough to kill them, since they are relatively light, not balanced for that sort of thing, and not really meant to punch through bone. But that's besides the point.[/SPOILER]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have to straight kill them. Get enough knives stuck in them and no one finds them fast enough, the person bleeds to death. Slow, semi painful death.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have to straight kill them. Get enough knives stuck in them and no one finds them fast enough, the person bleeds to death. Slow, semi painful death.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was triggered by opening the door to the room - so the victim would be in plain view of the person triggering the trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: DeathTrap
    Show
    What, Trickster, couldn't find a proper anvil? I am disappoint...
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wells' sequence makes me think that somebody has been watching Fringe.

Also, is it just me, but does every establishing shot of STAR Labs have it repaired just a little bit more in each episode?
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was triggered by opening the door to the room - so the victim would be in plain view of the person triggering the trap.
    Spoiler: deathtrap
    Show
    Could easily be enough to maim or kill depending on all sorts of random effects. It was an FU trap not a serious deathtrap.
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The only thing that threw me off with this episode was it turned out that the Trickster was telling the truth about what poison he used.

After thoroughly establishing the MO of lying outrageously to pull some sleight of hand trick, the second Star Labs started working on synthesizing an antidote based off what Trickster said had me saying "oh no oh no this is going to end really badly".

I mean, I'm glad it didn't because that would have been a lot of dead people. But it still totally threw me.

Rest of the episode was brilliant. Though the Flash being so interested in Henry Allen should raise a few questions from the people who were there for the showdown.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    The rest of the episode was pretty good. Even if it weren't, this line alone would have made everything worthwhile.
    Also obligatory was a scene with Mark Hamill and John Wesley Shipp together.

Everyone familiar with the previous "Flash" series knows this episode was one big shout out, including lines such as Trickster causing trouble 20 years ago though the series was 25 years ago but still. (Wow, that long ago? I feel old. )

Much appreciated, and I'm still thrilled they purposely got John Wesley Shipp to play Barry's father. They honor the previous show's memory. It does help me to enjoy this series even more than I would have.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am your father."

Me and my dad both died at that line. This show has officially won everything for all time.

I know nothing about the Flash outside of this show so Hamill's character just reminded me of the Joker, but that's OK because Hamill!Joker is best Joker.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    Hamill's character just reminded me of the Joker, but that's OK because Hamill!Joker is best Joker.
    The irony of your statement is that Hamill!Joker wouldn't exist if it weren't for his Trickster.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    The irony of your statement is that Hamill!Joker wouldn't exist if it weren't for his Trickster.
    Not to mention Harley Quinn who was obviously heavily influenced by Prank from the second Trickster episode.

Edited to correct misnamed character. brought to my attention by TheEmerged
    Last edited by themaque; 2015-04-02 at 09:51 AM.
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by themaque View Post
    Not to mention Harley Quinn who was obviously heavily influenced by Trick* from the second Trickster episode.
    The character's name was Prank, for the record.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

13. - Top - End - #283

Okay, looking at the REST OF THE SEASON trailer that they showed the other night... I have a question/suggestion

Spoiler: New DC Villain
    Show
    Clancy Brown as Solomon Grundy. We see him possibly die with Grodd, and in the trailer you see a deathly white Clancy Brown walking down a hallway.

Switch up a forgettable hulking monstrosity, The General, for another more memorable one?

14. - Top - End - #284

Somethings going on with the general.

Anyhow I hope the Flash movie doesn't use any major villains. I know Arrow isn't allowed to have Deadshot appear because of the Suicide Squad film.

I can only pray that Dawn of Justice or subsequent films bomb so the DCCU ends so the live action shows won't be affected. Plus the movie's probably won't be that good anyways

15. - Top - End - #285
    Barbarian in the Playground

That reminds me. Do we have an Arrow thread?
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    Somethings going on with the general.

Anyhow I hope the Flash movie doesn't use any major villains. I know Arrow isn't allowed to have Deadshot appear because of the Suicide Squad film.

I can only pray that Dawn of Justice or subsequent films bomb so the DCCU ends so the live action shows won't be affected. Plus the movie's probably won't be that good anyways
    What do you mean? Deadshot was in last weeks Arrow.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonexx View Post
    That reminds me. Do we have an Arrow thread?
    We did. It died. Given that nobody noticed, I think it's for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    What do you mean? Deadshot was in last weeks Arrow.
    Allegedly the reason he was killed off was in part so there wouldn't be confusion between Arrow Deadshot and the upcoming (August 2016) Suicide Squad separate continuity Deadshot.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

Might as well just make this thread an Arrow thread as well, seeing as they're in the same universe.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Allegedly the reason he was killed off was in part so there wouldn't be confusion between Arrow Deadshot and the upcoming (August 2016) Suicide Squad separate continuity Deadshot.
    Really? I just assumed that was a comic book death and that he would be back. After all, we only have Floyd's word for it that there wasn't a way off the roof, and since it was in a hostile country it would be difficult to nigh impossible for Waller check the rubble for his remains. So all Deadshot would need to do is cut his internal tracker and get off the roof double time, and he could be free of the squad.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

just got around to watching the last episode.....

"I am your father."

yeah, that pretty much killed me
    had to stop the playback for a couple minutes or so until i could control myself
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    Really? I just assumed that was a comic book death and that he would be back. After all, we only have Floyd's word for it that there wasn't a way off the roof, and since it was in a hostile country it would be difficult to nigh impossible for Waller check the rubble for his remains. So all Deadshot would need to do is cut his internal tracker and get off the roof double time, and he could be free of the squad.
    Yeah, Deadshot died what twice already?

Whether they killed him and wanted to bring him back or killed him because WB told them to, he's not coming back on the show. Well unless Suicide Squad bombs, and I hope it and all other DCCU film does for a variety of reasons, the embargo being one of them.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    Yeah, Deadshot died what twice already?

Whether they killed him and wanted to bring him back or killed him because WB told them to, he's not coming back on the show. Well unless Suicide Squad bombs, and I hope it and all other DCCU film does for a variety of reasons, the embargo being one of them.
    Is this official or just a rumor?

24. - Top - End - #294

"Unfortunately, Deadshot is off the table for the nonce"

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/pos...s-the-best-out

I'm guessing this means it's because DC is using him in the show, since they did it before with the Bat-Embargo. It's the reason why 'the Batman' wasn't allowed to use Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, and Two-Face, and why Justice League Unlimited could only use minor batman villains.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Darn.

* Thanks for the reply, though.
    Last edited by Ranxerox; 2015-04-07 at 09:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

What channel and time is this usually on? I've been following Agents of Shield but I recently got into the show due to watching it with my Dad (specifically the last three episodes). I kinda want to watch both in the same day if I can, don't have any recording devices.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    What channel and time is this usually on? I've been following Agents of Shield but I recently got into the show due to watching it with my Dad (specifically the last three episodes). I kinda want to watch both in the same day if I can, don't have any recording devices.
    Usually on the CW on Tuesdays at 8:00 (at least for me on EST, not sure if they air at different times in other time zones).

Speaking of no new episode this week for either Flash or Arrow. I am sad.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Am I the only one who can't get over how incredibly goofy "To everyone else, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist" sounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Am I the only one who can't get over how incredibly goofy "To everyone else, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist" sounds?
    Nope, that strikes me as weird every time too. Forensic Scientists are not in the category of what we normally consider "ordinary" people.

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Speaking of no new episode this week for either Flash or Arrow. I am sad.
    Oh, that would explain why I was only finding reruns today. Thanks Seerow