New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Giant mutliplayer robot thread 10

Spoiler: Ethiopia
    Show
    Most welcome greetings to you, good Haile Salessie! We bring warmth and gifts from across the sea in Egypt!
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Show
    Most welcome greetings to you, good Haile Salessie! We bring warmth and gifts from across the sea in Egypt!
    Spoiler: Egypt
    Show
    Greetings from the Holy Ethiopian Empire. You say you come from across the sea? Fascinating. We hope for peaceful and equitable relations with the folk of Egypt.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Ethopia
    Show

Hey, send Orcus our direction please

Spoiler: Morocco
    Show

Morocco, We will forgive your little spy intrusion, should you renew our deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304

Spoiler: Korea
    Show
    Unfortunately for our Exchange program, your people seem to have out-researched our scholars and we have nothing novel to teach those you have sent to our capital. Your lands have much to teach our people but we would not take what is not freely offered. Should you wish our investigations into your technology to cease, please let us know and we will relocate our students elsewhere.

Show
    We have prepared an offer of Sugar for your fine Egyptian Ivory. Though we have some gold to spare we are in the process of improving our infrastructure and must invest in buildings rather than trade goods.

We are curious of the lands to the east, are you the only Civilized folk across the seas? We have plenty of Barbarians in our land, but also a friendly neighbor to our northwest known as Korea, as well as two wealthy lands further west, calling themselves Morocco and Persia.

Unfortunately our captains remain superstitious and are not yet comfortable sailing on the open seas, but we welcome news and trade with the Eastlands.

5. - Top - End - #305

Spoiler: Ethopia
    Show

We will be fine with it, in exhange for a minor diplomatic favor.

Such as getting Egypt up here for a spare lux trade so my people can be happy!

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

So, um, Civ V gave me the save for...Morocco? And let me in? What's going on here? Do we need to revert a turn or something?
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    So, um, Civ V gave me the save for...Morocco? And let me in? What's going on here? Do we need to revert a turn or something?
    Errrrrp, I may have uploaded the wrong save. Revert it back to me.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Errrrrp, I may have uploaded the wrong save. Revert it back to me.
    Reverted. Go for it!
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #309

Show
    News of your arrival on our continent has spread quickly and our trading partners in Korea dearly wish to meet with you. We have agreed to communicate this message and suggest you follow the coast to the north and westward past Ethiopian lands to meet the fine Korean civilization. They have troops on the eastern coast who may be able to make contact earlier as well.

Show
    We have given our request to the Egyptians, we suggest your Spearmen on the eastern coast remain within sighting distance of the ocean, that you may encounter their ship sooner rather than later. We lost sight but have told them to follow north of their first contact near our city of Harar.

10. - Top - End - #310

Show
    It seems like everyone wants to meet us and our glorious

DOn't worry, you'll hear tell of them before long.

11. - Top - End - #311

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Was going to wait for turn 150 but this thread has been so slow, gotta bring it up to date a bit. This is from last turn, didn't have time to upload them until today. Turn 123 update!

First, our Capital! Not much has changed, but Taoist inspiration and our nearby quarries have together produced a massive stone temple dedicated to missionary work. Word of the Tao has spread significantly in our neighboring lands as a result. Our scholars are currently scouring the lore of all of our cities before they return to build a great College, in the meantime our foundries are hard at work, keeping the Holy City well armed with quality weapons and armor.

The great harbor city, Harar. We have actually finished the Lighthouse as of now and are working on a buildup of our navy. Recent meetings with the Egyptian people from across the Eastern Sea have given us reason to switch focus from infrastructure to Harar's primary role as our naval base. The city will never be large, but it serves as a vital redoubt against invasion.

Adwa is coming along nicely, well fortified and with many skilled metalsmiths, it boasts the finest horse archers in Ethiopia. With plenty of labor from draft animals and sources of many metals, Adwa will probably be our military center. We're working on a Colosseum to appease the well-armed civilian population but next will be a proper Barracks for the troops it will be training.

Lalibela is coming along quite nicely. We are no longer reliant on Korean Citrus imports, and our scholars are nearing completion on their library. Soon a mine and quarry will boost the industry of the city and we can begin to make expeditions into the jungles nearby to gather exotic plants and creatures for study. The city just recently had a wave of religious fervor and adopted the national Taoist religion. Soon the meditative Peace Gardens will soothe visitors to the city.

And... surprise:

After much consideration, the Ethiopian Empire has founded a fifth city in the bay to the west of our territory. The long sea journey from east to west prevents effective naval defense against our western neighbors and so the port city of Gondar will provide safe harbor for a portion of the navy. We intend to keep it small in population but the nearby herds and deposits of iron should keep it well fed and productive, and it will provide a welcome buffer on our western lands against foreign settlement.

OOC: Really my situation remains the same, I have a decent base for early conquest but am not much of a warmonger, so all I can hope for is to have lands with sufficient resources for late game and protect my cities until they can grow to their potential. I'm not quite ready to give up on victory, but my armies should at least keep me safe and allow me to be an asset to whoever ends up in contention for the win if I can't pull off a late game turnabout somehow. Egypt's religion will be coming soon, I just know it, so the one area where I'm pretty dominant will be contested.

12. - Top - End - #312

Orcus. You should rename your holy city, Alien central!

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

Yay! A new thing to research!

My tech tree!

The spearmen start to return home.

The Pikeman waits. Waits forever.

Good for him.

The worker moves to see what the mine would look like on the jungle hill.

This one moves to Science Turtle.

This Archer scouts.

So does this one.

The Turtle ship holds the line.

The comp bowman goes to the Egyptian continent.

In depth view of Science turtle.

In depth view of Dr.Gero's labs.

Capsule corps.

In depth view of Mecha canals.

Social policies.

No world congress yet.

Best in population and literacy. Worst in Manufactured goods, and GNP.

Tourism!

Tourism victory is awhile away.

View of Alien central, will be awhile.

So it's past turn 100. My starting location is decent. Rather lux poor, so when I go ideologies I'll need to focus on happiness. It's also somewhat production poor, but I'll deal with that one with science.
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-06-07 at 04:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

But naming it that is too on the nose.

I prefer the subtle majesty of Thebes.

Spoiler: Also Puns
    Show
    Thebes boots were made for walkin!

Spoiler: Also....
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314

Hey, I'm gonna be out of town until Monday night, is it ok to stop the turn timer until then?

15. - Top - End - #315

Hey, I'm gonna be out of town until Monday night, is it ok to stop the turn timer until then?
    Yeah. I'll stop it.

16. - Top - End - #316

Spoiler: To Orcus
    Show

Would you like to use our city Mechacanals to go through the continent?

Spoiler: Sunday Spectator update Extravaganza
    Show

From the diaries of the smartest Turtle. The year 1360 AD

My aides told me of how our neighbors to the north lost the favor of a minor nation. Unless we can court them ourselves however, I fail to see how it's important.

And our spies told me of how our friends to the far east, have started a great tower.... that is supposed to lean.... That sounds dumb.

Our outdated Spearmen start to move towards our lands.

I told our ships to start focusing on feeding me. I hunger!

Our non-out dated Pikemen wait for orders.

I'm not really sure what our out-dated Archers are doing. And frankly I don't think my aides do either.

Our other archers move across the ocean, so as to reach Egyptian lands for ourselves.

Our ships. Based on the best design in the world, hover close to our coast.

Our only slightly outdated Composite bowman also move towards Egyptian lands.

I'm told our workers are building areas to get people to trade goods more.

I'm told this tree in our garden, lists the knowledge our people can accumulate.

Maps of our capital. The best capital in the world.

Dr.Gero's labs. Working on anti-human weaponary.

Our last city that does not have a prestigious university.

The city that can cut a continent in half.

Our governmental structure. When it's not listen to the Turtle king.

There is no unified world order.

I'm told our people like visiting Persia.

But not too much.

And maps of the Egyptian capital.

End of diary notes.

17. - Top - End - #317

Show
    We would indeed be interested in canal usage!

Also, I am back. Thanks again for stopping the timer!
    Last edited by OrcusMcP; 2015-06-15 at 03:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318

Since Orcus is back, I put the turn timer at it's normal position, which skipped Gadd.

Everything okay Gadd?

19. - Top - End - #319

RedKnightGirl

O NOO it skipped me
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

20. - Top - End - #320

Show
    Our patrols have reported a tribe of Barbarians fortified on the slopes of the mountain next to your laboratory settlement. We are currently moving to deal with this threat and hope you will excuse our passing through your land. Our warriors have not had any great battles to celebrate recently so we would appreciate if you left the savages to us, but as the camp lies closest to your lands we would understand if you wished to send your own troops to deal with them as well.

21. - Top - End - #321

Show

Okay, we understand.

By the way, we moved our spy back to our capital. You're responsible for telling me when your spy is about to steal.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone heard from RagingKrikkit lately? They've missed their last couple of turns, in both this and another game.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Anyone heard from RagingKrikkit lately? They've missed their last couple of turns, in both this and another game.
    I talked to him, he might be dropping, he probably will be switching to vacation mode.

24. - Top - End - #324

Shouldn't it have skipped Persia, as RagingKrikkit's in vacation mode?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

It did - the website says it's Persia's turn for some reason, but it sent me a notification and let me download the save file/upload it when I finished. Weird, but it appears to be a purely cosmetic glitch.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    It did - the website says it's Persia's turn for some reason, but it sent me a notification and let me download the save file/upload it when I finished. Weird, but it appears to be a purely cosmetic glitch.
    Hell I was able to take my turn.

Sunday spectator update to come shortly.

27. - Top - End - #327

So to spectators. You may notice a lack of picture quality you've come to expect in your Sunday spectator update extravaganza.

As far as I can tell my video card died, so can't really graphics well. I'm just happy I can continue playing.

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

From the diaries of the smartest turtle. 1430 AD

It has been 70 years since the last diary entry. Feels like yesterday I was told that there was evidence of a spy in Science Turtle.

And was told that Portugal and Egypt were my friends.

I'm told that Dr.gero's lab's defense force, continues to guard our vital luxuries.

Our workers move to clear the marsh.

I'm told that our archers have started to return home.

Well some of them at least.

Land ho!

The tree has amended itself to include our scientific progress.

My aides showed me a map of Science turtle. A depraved den of spying.

Dr.Gero's labs, with some Savages outside it's borders.

Capsule corp. Sciencing it up like the rest of us.

Mechacanals! The best canals in the word.

I'm told that our people love the old ways.

The World congress is about to complete.

Our people are the best in population and literacy. Worst in Manufactured goods.

The tourism.

Persian tourism!

Sorry about the lowered quality.

28. - Top - End - #328

Hey Morocco. I think it's doing the graphical glitch and it's your turn right now. Just a heads up.

29. - Top - End - #329

Has anyone heard from GAAD lately? He keeps skipping his turns.

30. - Top - End - #330

Has anyone heard from GAAD lately? He keeps skipping his turns.
    I'll pm him.