New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Giant mutliplayer robot thread 10

Do you want me to revert?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Do you want me to revert?
    Nah, it's been a couple people's turns since then and it's not really a big deal, I just don't trust the AI with my units so I get worried a bit.
    Last edited by DodgerH2O; 2015-04-12 at 02:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273

Spoiler: The snark
    Show

Yeah, I'm getting salt as well.

That was weird

I think I realized what happened. You probably sent me the offer of salt for GPT, then accepted the salt and citrus offer.

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

Time for the Great Korean empire!

So you may notice some problems. Well really one problem. My people don't like me.

Shouldn't be too large an issue, because I'll be getting 8+ points of happiness in the next few turns, but for now all of my cities are on production mode.

Also that worker is from a barbarian camp, from a city state I never met, so woo! Free worker!

This was a annoying bit of back and forth during the past few turns. Pretty much the short of it is, we traded his salt for my citrus. We both forgot it, and then he offered me salt for 7 GPT. Since people seem to hate Science turtle, and I'm doing good on money, I accepted it, but the offer was no longer valid....

I think I realized what happened. He probably sent me the offer, then accepted the salt and citrus....

Archer von scoutington tries to liberate the worker from the rampaging horseraiders.

The results. As the screen is pulled away.

This archer engages a ship.

And here's Seoul. Focusing on the National college like a good capital. That locked tile was because it was that, or an unemployed citizen.

Here's Busan. I also had to change a tile for more benefit.

Jeonju. The latest happiness booster I can get.

Daegu. Also known as Canalcity.

My policies. Full tradition and a forced dip into Commerce.

So Mr.AI thinks he can make us follow his culture. Attack of the AI's?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    That Vacation Mode skip happened again. Never got my turn... hopefully the AI didn't screw up my Settler... I'm literally two turns away from placing a city.

EDIT: Hey Carpe, when are you turning on Vacation mode? It looks to me like what happens is the turn timer doesn't reset after you turn it on during your turn, but GMR won't let me take my turn yet, so I get skipped once the 24 hours from the previous submission is past.
    idk what happened. :-/

I turned it on come Friday, but it wasn't my turn at that point. I've since turned it off.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    idk what happened. :-/

I turned it on come Friday, but it wasn't my turn at that point. I've since turned it off.
    Hmm, I'll just try to remember to watch carefully if it happens again. Everything (mostly) was fine, well my Settler seemed to be ok, even though the AI sent 4 of my other units away from where I wanted them.

Spoiler: Korea
    Show
    We have had recent reports of a Barbarian uprising west of Jeonju, our Chariot Archers got a bit confused and took a wrong turn, but we will gladly take care of this threat in a short while.

6. - Top - End - #276

Spoiler: Ethopia
    Show

A camp on the coast?

7. - Top - End - #277

Show

A camp on the coast?
    Show
    Yes, just a few days west and the slightest bit south. Have your soldiers taken care of it already?

8. - Top - End - #278

Show
    Yes, just a few days west and the slightest bit south. Have your soldiers taken care of it already?
    Show

Oh no, haven't got the chance yet.

9. - Top - End - #279

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Turn 100 Update!

The Glorious Capital City of the Holy Empire, nestled in a river valley surrounded by pastures. We have a decent supply of the materials vital to a well-fed and well-defended populace. The nearby hills provide stone for our walls and gardens and our breeders have fine horses for both war and commerce. Our caravans travel far and wide to trade our distinctively dyed fabrics and delectable candies with neighboring lands and ensure the continued prosperity and growth of the lands.

Our fortifications and surrounding towns. Harar is our only port city, but it has a natural harbor and we intend to build a sizable navy once we have improved our shipbuilding techniques a bit. Adwa provides a bulwark against foes to the west and north (though our neighbors to the north are friendly at the moment). In addition, the artisans of the city are renowned for their work with metals, making fine iron weapons as well as intricate copper jewelry.

And the final city in Ethiopia. The most vulnerable city, but with a lot of potential. Lalibela is a tropical paradise, a lush river valley surrounded by arable land and groves of exotic fruits.

OOC: I'm intending to stay at 4 cities, to maximize my free buildings from Tradition and hopefully keep my combat bonus against more expansion oriented neighbors. Harar and Adwa both have fresh water, but I'm counting on my Capital and Lalibela to support large populations. I feel well defended for this point of the game but I'm way behind the curve in science, trade routes to Korea should help, but my next goal is to build libraries rather than armies.

Speaking of Korea, they finally advanced enough to allow Open Borders. It's nice being isolated from enemies by land but their position has really prevented peaceful exploration up to this point. You can see Morocco came to find us, rather than the other way around, so I'm pretty sure I'm behind the game on finding trade partners.

Overall, I'm doing ok, but I have doubts about a victory, long-term I'll probably look around and try to use my troops to support neutrality between the other Civs or as a liberation force if we have someone going full warmonger.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Azure
    Show
    My good Azurites, in the interest of disclosure, it would be remiss of us not to mention that the minor nation of Hanoi has pledged their service to us after we cleared out a Barbarian infestation nearby. Based on our earlier agreement, they fall into your sphere of influence, and we do not intend to negate the terms of our deal. We will let Hanoi be friendly, but we will not maintain the relationship.

Spoiler: Poland
    Show
    My good Casimir, our mapping of the continent is almost complete, and we wanted to discuss spheres of influence with you. THough it is unlikely our borders will ever truly touch, we were curious how deep into the central desert you intended to settle and which minor nations you are intending to be under your wing.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: To Azure City
    Show
    While we have interest in settling to the east of Blueriver Fort, we do not intend to expand out heavily into the desert. It is a barren land. When it comes to minor nations, Wittenberg and Kyzyl are fully under our wing. I'm otherwise content to leave other city-states to your purview.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, everyone, I got an offer from Illven to jump into this, so I'm hopping in as the Persian replacement.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by RagingKrikkit View Post
    Hey, everyone, I got an offer from Illven to jump into this, so I'm hopping in as the Persian replacement.
    Welcome! I was hoping we'd get a replacement, multiplayer is much better without AI involved IMO.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed! Happy to see my nearest neighbor under non-computerized management.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #285

Show

I sent you a trade. Citrus for 5 GPT.

Hey guys. If you want more GMR, join this game http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...o-(Recruiting)

16. - Top - End - #286

Show

I sent you a trade. Citrus for 5 GPT.
    Show
    Unfortunately new infrastructure has reduced our coffers below the ability to pay for your kind offer. We also have a wild Citrus grove that merely requires some maintenance to produce our own supply, though it won't be ready for some time yet.

We have sent a scholar to your capital to study your culture and various scientific achievements. If you would like to send one to our capital we surely could teach you a bit of the arts of war in exchange.

OOC: I sent a spy, if you don't mind I won't mind if you send one of your own, though if you do mind the spying I'll probably relocate him to Morocco's city instead. Last caravan route I sent implied that we both know things the other doesn't, so it should be a mutually beneficial arrangement?
    Last edited by DodgerH2O; 2015-04-27 at 09:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Show
    Unfortunately new infrastructure has reduced our coffers below the ability to pay for your kind offer. We also have a wild Citrus grove that merely requires some maintenance to produce our own supply, though it won't be ready for some time yet.

We have sent a scholar to your capital to study your culture and various scientific achievements. If you would like to send one to our capital we surely could teach you a bit of the arts of war in exchange.

OOC: I sent a spy, if you don't mind I won't mind if you send one of your own, though if you do mind the spying I'll probably relocate him to Morocco's city instead. Last caravan route I sent implied that we both know things the other doesn't, so it should be a mutually beneficial arrangement?
    Show

We understand. And we accept this mutual exchange of researchers. We will let you know if we have to change it in the future due to other nations.

18. - Top - End - #288

Show
    No pictures this time, just an update. Got to Renaissance first, and did it before the year 900. Not bad. Gonna keep my spy in my capital to keep my glorious science all to myself. Have a Caravel about to finish, and hopefully our continental neighbours aren't too far away to trade with. Also just founded Elephantine on my southeast horn.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

19. - Top - End - #289

RedKnightGirl

Hey, my computer just crashed and reset itself to factory default. I may have to skip a few turns.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Hey, my computer just crashed and reset itself to factory default. I may have to skip a few turns.
    That blows.

If I find you, I promise not to exploit you too badly

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized that I have yet to post any spectator updates for this game. Oops! I thought I was doing haphazard posts for all my games, but apparently this one fell through the cracks. Repeatedly.

But better late than never, right?

Show
    Behold the majesty of the MorROCKan empire!

This is the capital city. As start locations go this is decent: two luxuries, horses, and some desert for Morocco's unique unit and improvement to take advantage of. Not amazing, but solid. That about sums up the city, really. Has a smattering of semi-random wonders I built when I had nothing better to do - I almost snagged the Great Library that way, to my surprise.

Behold The Truth, as revealed to the masses in Three Chords! It's... okay, yeah, it's a bunch of miscellaneous beliefs I ended up with because I was late to the religion party: decent, but I don't think any of them would've been my first pick. Pantheon belief is Sacred Waters, because the Azurites beat me to Desert Faith. Hmph.

The Truth is not yet widely known. I've gotten my second Great Prophet and enhanced the religion, but haven't yet accumulated enough to buy anything with faith, and none of my other cities has converted yet. I don't really expect this to spread very far outside my territory; my nearest neighbor, Persia, founded a religion about the same time, and there's another one entrenched on the other side of the continent.

Insert joke about how you can't handle The Truth here.

My second city founded. Some might think it strange to prioritize a location with no luxury resources that I don't already have. These people are fools who do not understand the awesome power of salt. Bonus food and bonus production is a nice boost for a young city; Jazztopia is about even with my capital in terms of population, wonders and the like.

My third, fourth and sixth cities, respectively. Classic Rock was founded near mountains and jungle, a good setup for a science-focused city (university + observatory), and it offers some nice luxuries too - you can't see in this image, but there's a couple of spices just south of those gems. Also visible: Machu Picchu.

Reggae Road was founded to grab that copper, basically. It also has some jungle available - again, good for science once I have universities - and a lot of riverland. In the distant, when I discover electricity and build a hydroelectric plant, this city will boom.

Mt. Gospel was founded to snag a smattering of bonuses: more horses, more salt, some wheat, some deer, some iron, and of course Mt. Sinai. As you can see, I have more than enough happiness at the moment, so I'm not being too picky with my settlements.

My fifth city. Silk, fish, cattle and sheep, even more iron, and access to the ocean (this is my first port city). I may found a city to grab the wheat and salt visible in the upper left-hand corner, but that'll make this area pretty cramped, so I might not. Note the legion, courtesy of a militaristic city-state ally.

The future site of my seventh city. Middle of the desert is not a great place for a city normally, and the Azurites got both Petra and the pantheon belief that boosts desert - but I want to get some use out of my unique improvement, and there is incense here, and flood plains and hills improved with Kasbahs are pretty good... And, as mentioned before, I have happiness to spare.

Tech tree. Unusually, I didn't make a beeline for Education, which is my normal strategy (acquiring science first speeds all my further research). Will it pay off? I guess we'll see. I did successfully snag Notre Dame by researching Physics early, that's something.

Like all good rock bands, MorROCKo was founded on a platform of free love and personal liberty, only to sell out at a later date.

And now a brief overview of my neighbors...

... who are all relatively small Tradition-focused civs. Ethiopia is the largest and strongest; conveniently, they're also the most distant.

Persia is my closest neighbor. Classic Rock is actually pretty close to their capital, but neither the old player, the AI who governed in the interim, or the new player seem terribly bothered by this. They're Tradition-focused, and they have plenty of space to settle uncontested to the south and west, so I'm not too concerned about them. We seem pretty content to trade every so often and otherwise ignore one another.

This is Korea, my next-closest neighbor. For some reason, I suspect they're going tall and focusing on science, and with Korea's unique ability and lots of jungle they're in a good position for that. (I'm pretty sure they have a third city, based on their borders, but my scout hasn't gotten there.) They have no religion, not even a pantheon, but as both Persia and Ethiopia (with a well-established religion) are closer I don't expect to make any conversions.

Whew. That's everything, I think. Stay tuned for further updates... but, uh, don't hold your breath. >_>
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2015-05-06 at 04:12 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #292

Spoiler: Persia
    Show
    Greetings from the Holy Empire of Ethiopia. We wish an exchange of ambassadors, and hope for peaceful and profitable relations with the people of Persia.

Due to a centuries-long battle with Barbarians and a couple of accidents of geography we are only now beginning to explore the lands outside of our own. Are there dangers in the westland we should be aware of?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

...huh. I think I somehow got stealth-skipped.

24. - Top - End - #294

Spoiler: Morocco.
    Show

My units would like to return home.

Exchange of open borders?

25. - Top - End - #295

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

Yay new Tech!

My tech tree.

Now my archers can return home.

Hmm. Not sure if I should plant him, or save him for when I get closer to schools.

Archers start to return home.

Science turtle

Dr.Gero labs.

Capsule corp.

Mechacanals.

Social policies

Persian tourism.

Best in pop, and crop yields.

26. - Top - End - #296

RedKnightGirl

Viva la revolucion!

The Queen, may she never recover, has slipped back into her madness. Now, I, Geronimo Antique Aria Dashing, declare myself dictator of Azure City! I have drank from the waters of Unending Youth, and in this glorious age of science hereby demolish the old regime!

Naturally, we will continue to support the allies of the pre-reawakening period, the grand nations of Poland and Egypt. Lets all just hope the Queen never escapes again.

GAAD is back. May the Queen never recover.

Show

By Howl

27. - Top - End - #297

and in this glorious age of science
    No. Bad Portugal!

I'm Korea.

I'm the science turtle, not you.

28. - Top - End - #298

RedKnightGirl

No. Bad Portugal!

I'm Korea.

I'm the science turtle, not you.
    Then how come Orcus has more science than you?

Show

By Howl

29. - Top - End - #299

Spoiler: Because.....
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

Now the Science Turtle is sad.