New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Giant mutliplayer robot thread 10

I just took my turn, and everything looked okay. All the players were correct, it was my state from last turn, and it was my turn. The next player was also the correct one.

~~~

Some say it was great fortune which led Poland to the discovery of a grand wonder of nature, but it was in truth a dogged persistence forward. What can lie undiscovered when a people presses outward to discover their world? Regarding the new discover, the chieftain of Warsaw stated, "It is a providence that has guided us to discovering this new world, and we will spread in unity across it!"

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Not the most impressive of all the wonders, but still, it's a natural wonder!

Suddenly, the decision about where to place the city becomes a bit harder. Looks like I should take my Warriors southeast, to see what's there. I'm thinking of nestling the city beneath the mountain, right inside the curve of the river, with the gold supply to its left. That'll put a lot of flood plains around it, and it'll let me eventually work the Grand Mesa. Maybe I can scrounge up enough spare money to buy the wheat tile without waiting for expansion.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2014-10-15 at 11:10 AM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

@Carpe: Which one? Which one?
    pleasedon'tbelakevictoriapleasedon'tbelakevictoria pleasedon'tbelakevictoriapleasedon'tbelakevictoria pleasedon'tbelakevictoriapleasedon'tbelakevictoria pleasedon'tbelakevictoriapleasedon'tbelakevictoria pleasedon'tbelakevictoriapleasedon'tbelakevictoria
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

It was at this time that Poland began to develop its reputation as the Master of Suspense.

Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

4. - Top - End - #64

The Proud and Ancient peoples of the Egyptian Nile have also found a natural wonder of great significance! The mountain is quite beautiful and seems to impart valuable altitude training to our scouts!
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

(FYI, I just accidentally formatted over my Windows install while trying to install Ubuntu next to it. Just goes to show you that being smart doesn't render you immune to blunders; it just makes your blunders all the worse. I hope I'll have things up and fixed by the time my turn comes around, but I'll be turning on vacation mode while that's in progress.)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    (FYI, I just accidentally formatted over my Windows install while trying to install Ubuntu next to it. Just goes to show you that being smart doesn't render you immune to blunders; it just makes your blunders all the worse. I hope I'll have things up and fixed by the time my turn comes around, but I'll be turning on vacation mode while that's in progress.)
    It's your turn now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #67

RedKnightGirl

Turn 5 Update!

Scoreboard!
    1: GAAD, Orcus, Carpe, Illven tied at 15 points
    2: Dodger, Driderman, and Snark tied at 14 points

Show
    General Address About Duties:

"As you, fine citizens, can see from this map, glorious Azure City stands on the coast of a mighty continent. But we are not alone on this good Earth. In this area here:

"...peoples unknown have occupied the Northern Azurite Desert (OOC: Thank you Illven for the AWESOME name). Paladins Which Most Certainly Do Not Exist Thank You Very Much have located an encampment of barbarians. We know them to be so because they are hostile to us and any true civilization would not stoop so low as to attempt to remove our home from us.

"After scouts marched southwards, we discovered this rich jungle, filled with wondrous precious gems. Some rather nice people have said that their ancestors hailed from this region, which they have dubbed Hidden Valley (OOC: An actual Azurite location, from the back pages of WaXPs.) The food sources appear rich, and the homeland MAY eventually be "reclaimed", but as for now we focus on what we know.

"And what we know is how to swing clubs to smite the forces of evil. Our children (OOC: just got a pop in Azure City) shall carry these weapons to glory, to push back the darkness of the ever-present thunderous clouds AND BRING OUR EMPIRE TO GLORY!

"...But lets face it, your children are going to die horribly and there's nothing you can do about it."
    -The First Immortal Grand Azurite Advisor Dude, according to legend, 3700 BCE

Historian's Note
    It is speculated that around this time the GAAD I was assassinated.
    Last edited by GAAD; 2014-10-16 at 07:30 PM.

Show

By Howl

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    It's your turn now.
    Whew! Looks like Civ V works on Linux without any weirdness needed! Huzzah! Guess I just won't be using the GMR client. Ah well.

EDIT: Since I uploaded the save manually, I want to make sure it went through okay...
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2014-10-17 at 12:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Whew! Looks like Civ V works on Linux without any weirdness needed! Huzzah! Guess I just won't be using the GMR client. Ah well.

EDIT: Since I uploaded the save manually, I want to make sure it went through okay...
    I upload the saves manually as well, and so long as the website says it's not your turn anymore, you should be fine.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

10. - Top - End - #70

RedKnightGirl

Beware, fringes of the globe! Our military resources have officially DOUBLED!
    (OOC: MAYBE constructing a Warrior first thing isn't the BEST plan, but I plan on removing the barbarians. Besides, our decision-making factories are pumped up on Nottakingthisgameseriouslium.)

Show

By Howl

11. - Top - End - #71

First I have to know where you are, to beware you

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Well we have all the sheep, so there.

AND THEY SHALL BE POLISH SHEEP!

13. - Top - End - #73

RedKnightGirl

We have all the whales, so there.
    And all the paladins.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Show

By Howl

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    We have all the whales, so there.
    And all the paladins.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    So what you're Aquaman?

15. - Top - End - #75

RedKnightGirl

So what you're Aquaman?
    More like her.

Show

By Howl

16. - Top - End - #76

Does that make me Varrsuius?

17. - Top - End - #77

RedKnightGirl

Here it is folks: our first skipped turn!
    @Illven: I have no idea who that is. Is she from a parody comic?

Show

By Howl

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Here it is folks: our first skipped turn!
    @Illven: I have no idea who that is. Is she from a parody comic?
    I'm not the best speller, late at night.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Whoops. xD

I figured out how to turn on e-mail updates, so that shouldn't happen again. Hopefully the AI is kind to me.

20. - Top - End - #80

Whoops. xD

I figured out how to turn on e-mail updates, so that shouldn't happen again. Hopefully the AI is kind to me.
    The AI, may or may not have offered me all your gold and GPT.

I may or may not have taken it.

21. - Top - End - #81

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

This is Seoul. It's about to get another citizen. I also finished Pottery, and am working on Calender.

A mountain and ocean access? Perhaps a second city spot.

More area. I would like a ancient ruin now. Or anything but barbarians really.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: To Illven
    Show
    Personally, I like your start. Double Citrus, Bananas, Deer, Cows, and Dyes? Especially with a Pottery -> Calender tech, that will end up as a lot of food, and food is growth and growth is power. I'd be fairly happy with this start myself, although it takes a little while to get everything up and running, I suppose.

23. - Top - End - #83

RedKnightGirl

biggrin Re: Civ 5 Giant mutliplayer robot thread 10

General Address About Duties:

Lady luck has smiled upon us. We hereby stand atop the mighty Scoreboard, awaiting what shall come next for our mighty Traditions.

For we have located the ancient home of the Vallians, and our culture has grown substantially richer for it.

OOC: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES CULTURE RUIN!

Show

Azure City:

Map:

Show

By Howl

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Spoiler: To Illven
    Show
    Personally, I like your start. Double Citrus, Bananas, Deer, Cows, and Dyes? Especially with a Pottery -> Calender tech, that will end up as a lot of food, and food is growth and growth is power. I'd be fairly happy with this start myself, although it takes a little while to get everything up and running, I suppose.
    Spoiler: To spectators
    Show

Oh yeah, there'll be no problems growing tall. (Happiness may be an issue with the amount of growth. But that's sort of a first world problem )

I like the start. I just want to not feel alone.

Though if I'm really alone, I'll be happy.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

The AI, may or may not have offered me all your gold and GPT.

I may or may not have taken it.
    Drat! Foiled again.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

The First Tumult was a moderately dim time in ancient Polish history. When its leadership, distracted by pressing events, failed to issue orders to the nation, the people were forced to rely on their bountiful common sense. Fortunately, they had some! In other, glorious news, they reported the discovery of new, strange creatures near Warsaw. It was at this time that Poland named them "horses". It would be a turning point in the Grand Polish Empire.

Spoiler: Spectator
    Show

Wonderful! There's green things down this way! I'll have to explore other directions eventually, though. Need to find a good location for a port city; I'm not so sure that my desert city is well-situated for that.

Yeehaw! Horses! By the time I discover Horseback Riding, either the city's borders will have expanded enough to bring them in, or I'll have the spare gold to purchase the tile. That's a massive boon for Poland, having horses so close!

As you can see, now that I finally finished researching Animal Husbandry, I've started to research Trapping. Hopefully, I can quickly get to the Classical Age for my first free social policy! After that, I think I want to tech towards Currency so I can build Petra in my desert city.

27. - Top - End - #87

RedKnightGirl

@Carpe: You have WHAT in your borders!!!?!?!?!
    ... friends?

You're a lucky man, Mr. Hauge. Lucky man indeed.

Show

By Howl

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

What, you never heard of the "luck o' the Polish"?

(They're not technically in my borders, but they're awfully close...)
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2014-10-20 at 06:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

There was great celebration yet again in the Polish empire, as the culture of Poland developed, bringing Polish society into knowledge of new governmental capabilities! With solidarity and freedom to its people, Poland advanced forward, the leader of society in this new world!

Show

What a promised land of green-ness and animals! I've got to get a settler down here ASAP! Well, that should be a lot easier considering that I've adopted Liberty! I am Consul of Poland! And in a mere 5 turns, I'll have enough Culture to land my second social policy! POLISH SOCIAL POLICY SPAM AHOY!

30. - Top - End - #90

RedKnightGirl

Wha - I was JOKING when I said I had all the whales.
    Huh. I think seven is... enough for everybody!

Show

By Howl