1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Civ 5 Giant mutliplayer robot thread 10

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Spoiler: To the Blues
    Show
    Truth be told, I forgot about it.
    We will extend forgiveness, but only if you share the ceremonial pierogies with us.
    Spoiler: to Poland
    Show

Absolutely!

And so, the Polish-Azurite Potato strain was crossbred, to provide the tastiest pierogie possible.

Also, some foolish pilgrims desire a settlement on the western edge of this desert we find ourselves in. Do you have any designs on this land?
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Show

Absolutely!

And so, the Polish-Azurite Potato strain was crossbred, to provide the tastiest pierogie possible.

Also, some foolish pilgrims desire a settlement on the western edge of this desert we find ourselves in. Do you have any designs on this land?
    Spoiler: To the Azures
    Show
    How far West are we talking? There are certain parts of the desert which we have determined ought to be joined into our domain.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #153

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: To the Azures
    Show
    How far West are we talking? There are certain parts of the desert which we have determined ought to be joined into our domain.
    Show
    On the coast.

Show

By Howl

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Dear Azure City
    Show
    After long conferring and discussion, we have decided that it is amenable to our interests as well. Let us share this vast desert, where the sun rises on the glories of Poland and sets upon the cerulean radiance of Azure City. There are bountiful riches for all!

OOC: Until we find out where the oil in the desert is...
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #155

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Dear Azure City
    Show
    After long conferring and discussion, we have decided that it is amenable to our interests as well. Let us share this vast desert, where the sun rises on the glories of Poland and sets upon the cerulean radiance of Azure City. There are bountiful riches for all!

OOC: Until we find out where the oil in the desert is...
    Spoiler: to Carpe
    Show
    OOC: Heh, I just want a REAL desert city so I can spread my faith. I found a location with acceptable tiles, including GOLD. Which seems to be abundant in this desert anyway. By the way, once you research writing, can we get an embassy swap? Also: Orcus is to my south.

Show

By Howl

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: GAAD
    Show
    OOC: Thanks for the tip. Just to make sure--west coast, left side of the screen, right? Because I also have an eye on a gold spot. But it's probably not the same one.

7. - Top - End - #157

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: to Carpe
    Show
    OOC: Yup! West coast. I think I caught a glimpse of your gold last turn, near a river. I'm not that interested in going east, Orcus has claimed everything to his near southeast, and I have a pretty good inland city location to my south. Most of the desert is probably going to be yours, but due to the Pantheon I picked, I would like at least one desert city. Really, I took the pantheon to stick it to Snark, who probably spawned desert. I sense me and her (I'm assuming Snark is female) will be having a bit of a confrontation later.
    Oh, and as a sign of good faith, the Grand Mesa is yours.

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

Yay? Except not really, Carpe already claimed it.
    Last edited by GAAD; 2014-11-19 at 09:51 AM.

Show

By Howl

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: to GAAD
    Show
    OOC: Good, good, very good. Now I just need to fend off these pesky barbarians and get my settler down there...

9. - Top - End - #159

RedKnightGirl

Hey. So, I have no idea if it's my turn or not. I can't access GMR, so I can't download it if you guys are waiting on me. Hopefully I don't get skipped.

Show

By Howl

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

The website is down for me, too, so I think it's a general issue.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Hey. So, I have no idea if it's my turn or not. I can't access GMR, so I can't download it if you guys are waiting on me. Hopefully I don't get skipped.
    Since GMR is down, I'm more then willing to revert as many times as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

From the GMR facebook page, emphasis mine:
    "As many of you have noticed GMR is completely down! Our web server has experienced a rare double-disk failure and we'll need to rebuild everything from scratch. We do have off-site backups of the database and save files that we'll be restoring, unfortunately they're almost two months old. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience and how much this will set your games back!

We're working hard getting everything back up and hope to have things restored by tonight or tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience!"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

So... who's got the most recent save, then? I have a copy dating from November 3rd, which means we'd still lose a fair number of turns, but it's better than 2 months. (I don't think we'd even started two months ago.)

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've been archiving as we go, so I should have all of the old files. Most recent looks like... Thursday

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    I've been archiving as we go, so I should have all of the old files. Most recent looks like... Thursday
    Well, just have to one up my most recent save of wednesday.

Will our game still be up though?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

I have a save from 11/20/14, just about shy of midnight in the American Central Standard Time. 26 turns in.

17. - Top - End - #167

So. Our game is kinda missing.... Tech support?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I can't seem to get to the site readily. Wait, no. It's just loading painfully slow. Hmmmm. I wonder if there's any way to set the game back up and then just resubmit the most recent save.

19. - Top - End - #169

RedKnightGirl

In that case, we could rename it!

My proposition:
    GiantITP Civ 10: Incompetents in Continents

Show

By Howl

20. - Top - End - #170

From having tried to restart Game 9, I think we can use the previous savegame to start a new GMR game but the host needs to start on their last turn, as GMR won't let them change civs.

21. - Top - End - #171

From having tried to restart Game 9, I think we can use the previous savegame to start a new GMR game but the host needs to start on their last turn, as GMR won't let them change civs.
    So I'd start the game and send you all invite links?

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So I'd start the game and send you all invite links?
    That's what we're doing with Game 9, but we haven't started it yet so I can't guarantee it will work. Last I checked (yesterday) the GMR forums didn't have any solid advice on restarting games less than 2 months old, but there might be more data out there by now.

23. - Top - End - #173

Do you guys need to be in the same order?

24. - Top - End - #174

I think... we're doing a Scenario for Game 9, so there was a fixed turn order anyway, but I suspect that it pulls the turn order from the save file, and we just have to make sure everyone's the proper Civ before booting up the game.

If it doesn't seem to work, we might try loading the new game on GMR as if we were doing a Scenario game and it might have the proper turn order built in also?
    Last edited by DodgerH2O; 2014-11-28 at 12:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

I think... we're doing a Scenario for Game 9, so there was a fixed turn order anyway, but I suspect that it pulls the turn order from the save file, and we just have to make sure everyone's the proper Civ before booting up the game.

If it doesn't seem to work, we might try loading the new game on GMR as if we were doing a Scenario game and it might have the proper turn order built in also?
    Okay. Invite links.

I think we'll have to go with my save though.

As it is. Can people post so that I know what turn order to arrange them in.

For instance. I know after me is Gaad, and then I'm pretty sure it's Orcus.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I think I came right after Orcus, but couldn't swear to it.

27. - Top - End - #177

I think Carpe was before me and Driderman was after me?

28. - Top - End - #178

Could this be the turn order. Gadd posted this on the second page, but didn't actually state it was a turn order.

Ilven: draka393 is playing Korea
    GAAD: GAAD is playing "Portugal"
    OrcusMcP: Orcus is playing Egypt
    Carpe-Guitarrem: Carpe-Guitarrem [S-G] is playing Poland
    DodgerH20: DWThyme is playing Ethiopia
    Driderman: Sartain is playing Persia
    The_Snark: Bird of Purgatory is playing Morocco

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

That looks correct to me: I remember that Orcus was before me and Ethiopia was after me.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Looks plausible to me.