New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Rogue Trader - Call of the Expanse (IC)

Entering a yet deeper trance while reciting Litanies of Protection from the Warp, he prepares himself for translation and travel. He tries hard to keep his mind together through the shifting skeins of Damnation.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Willpower (1d100)[7] v.43

Psyniscience[roll]1d100 [/roll] v.48 (+20, so 68)

Edit
    rerolling psyniscience in Ooc
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-09 at 05:54 AM.
    My opinion and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at the 7/11, most others want the dollar too :P

Steam ID: blacklight101

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    At an observation deck at Port Wander, seeing his ship for the first time and being introduced to the bridge crew/away team that he hired before arriving.

2. - Top - End - #32

Zombie

Translating into a Warp Storm wasnt the greatest way to start the day, in his opinion, but at least it hadnt managed to rend his mind asunder. Navigating around a storm wasnt too bad, but through one? This might be a little tough.

Frak, I cant see the damn beacon, he thought to himself before opening up a comlink. In a quick transmission to the Command throne, "We have translated into a Warp Storm, Milady. I suggest that you and the crew brace themselves. The Emperor's grace -and my skill- will get us out of this."

God-Emperor, I hope i'm not lying to them...
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-09 at 03:40 PM.
    My opinion and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at the 7/11, most others want the dollar too :P

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

At an observation deck at Port Wander, seeing his ship for the first time and being introduced to the bridge crew/away team that he hired before arriving.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

By the throne he better not be lying...

She was... angry. Irrationally perhaps. But it didn't seem that way. It was her family's ship. Her legacy. Her birthright. First this useless sack of crap that they call a 'master of whispers' allowed a sacred relic of the dynasty to be befouled and knew nothing other than to show up unbidden. He was lucky he ninja vanished away so quickly or she would have shot him right in the face. And again. And again. And again.

And now this, this... failure of a Navigator, nothing but trouble!

It wasn't like her to feel this way. Not normally. But she was livid and pacing, her hands flexing as dark thoughts, not entirely her own, but more Khornish Game Hen ran through her mind. She looked over at the Chief Enginseer as he came onto the bridge. Vikky was it? Something. She was too mad to care about a name.

"I refuse to believe that some figure could break into orbit around Planet Bob (( OOC note: Where the ship was several years ago, as a derelict museum piece by the background given. )), sneak on board, and so thoroughly tamper with my ship that no one can make heads or tails of it. I don't care if you have to upset the Machine Spirit, I don't care if you have to physically rip it apart piece by piece. I want to know who did this, I want them strung up in the Shrine for all to see, dedicated to the God-Emperor in death for his betrayals, and I want to know what other surprises someone planted on my ship."

It wasn't like her to lose her temper as such, or to be on the verge of apparently breaking down into screaming, but she seemed at that point. Then again, the Navigator just transitioned them into a Warp Storm, and someone had been found to have illicit access to her personal command throne and defiled it's spirit with Scrap-Code and other such things.

... all in all, not a good hour. It never occurred to her that her sudden and somewhat irrational level of rage was connected to the screw up of the Navigator. Her hand tightened around the hilt of her blade at her hip, jaw clenched tight as she started pacing like a hungry cat on her bridge, having nothing to lash out at, for she wasn't so far corrupted to just randomly shoot an underling.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The suddeness of the warp storm that hit was a testament to the danger of attempting to travel Through the Maw. It was a challenge that just begged to be beaten, showing that the ship and her crew was worthy of entering the Expanse.
    But still, Warp Storms were dangerous and though it had seemed clear just as the Navigator had called it in, but the moment your ship translated into the warp, the Storm had literally come out of nowhere, slamming it's flickers of false-realities and the soul-essence of the Tainted against the Gellar-field, trying to invade the bubble of reality and Normalcy that was created around the ship.
    Spoiler: Warp Storm Damage
    Show

Warp-storms are dangerous and tend to damage ship-components and such, although when the Gellar Field is fully functioning, the damage tends to be less than when it's damaged... or worse.

the ship takes 1 Crit hit
    Since Gellar Field is Fully Operational, i roll twice and choose lowest roll.
    Roll 1: (1d10)[2]
    Roll 2: (1d10)[8]

Lowest roll and effect:
    Internal Damage: The force of the hit ruptures bulkheads and smashes machinery. The attacker selects one Component (only choosing ones he knows of ) that is not the bridge or plasma/warp drives. This Component is damaged.
    Life-Sustainers damaged

A sudden arcing warplightning beam smashes so hard into the Gellar-field that the ship nearly gets thrown out of course. Only through a diligent crew and a Navigator above Par, is the ship able to remain on course.
    Unfortunately the major hit to the Gellarfield have cause the circuitry and Air-scrubbers of the Life-Sustainers to rupture and fry out. everything is dead in there, although most of the crew manages to get gasmasks and other breathing-aids on before too much harm happens to their lungs and such.
    Sadly, the Lifesustainers have taken a hard enough hit to fry out their usefulness and a full repair would be needed... and emergency Repairs must be done now in order to get just basic functionality out of the air-purifiers again... and with the longer time it takes, the more poluted the air will get. All power it out, no gravity and the air is slowly turning toxic.
    Spoiler: Continuance...
    Show

There's the need for an Emergency Repair Test (Extended action found on page 216, Core).
    In case of a Failure, loose 1d5 crew from oxygen-toxicity levels rising as you frantically try to get repair the damage that happened to the Life-Sustainer.
    Triage (Extended Action) may be done in order to lower the casualties.
    RT may give his Bonus (the +10 thingy) to only one of these actions.

Once the damage have been repaired, the Navigator may Roll for Stage 4 Steering the Vessel (Navigation specifically) ^^

-------------

Finally Wresting free of the warp-storm, a much calmer Warp-current is available, allowing the Navigator to finally recheck his course and see the destination once more. It's been a hard start, but hopefully that was the worst part back there...
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2014-10-10 at 10:38 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Viktor shook with the ship when the warp storm hit. In a flash he hurried to the damaged section with his subordinates already busy soothing the spirits. He dove head in, with no concern for his own safety, and quickly found the problem. As he worked and hummed his praises to the Machine Spirit he was so close to he felt the oddest twitch that he tried to ignore but just couldn't get over the feeling that something was... different. Maybe when he was finished he could help fix that chair the nice Lady-Captain was complaining about!

Spoiler: Mechanical Tomfoolery
    Show

(1d100)[8] vs 37 Tech use (base, -10 is 27, +30 would make it 57 etc etc etc).

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2014-10-11 at 04:45 PM. Reason: I got a good roll!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The expert administration of the ship's crew and strong leadership makes it a smooth breeze for repairing the Life-sustainers.
    First Power Returned and so did gravity, then repairs went onto the Life-sustainers themselves, quickly getting them up and functioning again before the air ended up too tainted for safe breathing.
    ----------------

Onwards it went then. First leg in on the journey and it was time for the Navigator to do his job and NAVIGATE the ship through the Maw.
    Spoiler: Navigator-Navigation ^^
    Show

Roll for Navigation of the ship and let's see how long time you'll all be in the Warp.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

Zombie

Gazing into the skeins of the Immaterium, he seeks the path out of these tendrils of Warp Storm to one of the Stations of Passage or Footfall itself. Wherever the Lady-Captain willed him to guide them, he would go.

Spoiler: Roll 'em up!
    Show

Navigation (Warp) [roll]1d100] v. 41 (INT+ 5 Warp guide +10 Talented (Navigation[warp], nomad house stuff) +20 detailed charts -10 Fatigue; so +25 overall

Thus roll v. 66 (unless I messed something)

((reroll OOC))
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-11 at 05:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Zombie

Detecting a hazard in the Warp, he opens a comlink to the Helm. "We require an emergency course change to these coordinates, followed by these to bring us back on course."

"The route from here looks far clearer, Milady; we should be at Footfall in the matter of perhaps two days."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As if the Emperor himself had extended his hand, Your ship manages to avoid the horrors of the warp. The tendrils of chaos scrapes against the Gellarfield, but through diligent Navigation and and piloting of the ship, nothing more than a faint sensation of dread aflicts everyone onboard.

You've made it: the Maiden voyage for the Koronus Expanse is over!

A few days later...

As the ship closes in on the designated Translation-spot, a sensation of achiement can be felt from all around. Some are already gambling or sleeping more soundly, while others are so energetic that she haven't slept since you all first entered the warp.
    Spoiler: Navigator-stuff
    Show

It's time to leave the warp
    Since you haven't managed to get a hold of the Astronomican, you have one final chance to do so.
    Just follow the guidelines for Stage 5: Leaving the Warp.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Zombie

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Locating the Beacon (1d100)[71] v. 48 (+20 Routine so v.68)

I don't think the astronomicon likes me this trip. Tell me if I messed a bonus in there, cause I passed it if I missed a plus somewhere.

Trying once more to locate the Beacon of the Astronomicon before they exit the Warp closer to Footfall, Teren stares into the madness that forms the Warp, searching.
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-23 at 02:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Zombie

Having located the Beacon and getting nearer to their translation point as the hours wear on, Teren is ready to be out of the Warp. He makes a quick transmission to the Command Throne. "Milady, we await your command to re-enter Realspace. The Beacon is bright and our path clear."
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-23 at 03:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Re-entry into Realspace goes smoothly and without any problems.
    As the Ship rips it's way back into the Material Universe and only a few days regular-speed away from Footfall... and profit!
    ----------------

So, what'd people wanna do while the ship closes in on Footfall?
    If nothing special, then I'll continue it on right away.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Zombie

After the re-entry he was exhausted, days in the Warp had drained him. He tasted copper. Damn Warp storms, they always give me a nosebleed. I need to clean up and I need a frakking drink. He got up from where he was sitting in the Sanctum and walked- mangaging not to stagger too much- across his private chamber to the basin and washed up.

Staring at himself in the mirror wasn't the greatest either, eyes red-rimmed and glassy from exhaustion and a few remnants of the nosebleed he had yet to scrub off. God-Emperor I look awful. I'm gettin' a drink and sleeping until Footfall after this.

He walked over to his bar in his study and ruminated on what to end a successful run with. I know if Francezka comes by to chat, it's the Bloodwine; but for me?

Well, there is that
    "unknown" case. Not a label on one of the damn things and I can't remember for the life of me where they came from. Hell, took a chance getting here, take a chance opening this. Grabbing a bottle of the pale, blue liquid, and a glass, he pours a heavy two fingers and wanders over to a sofa- near collapsing on it. (Without spilling his drink, however.)

----------

((Maybe a little shopping in Footfall, might try to find some warp charts depending on where we're going))
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-24 at 02:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Francezka approached the door to the Navigator's Spire, her face blank but with just a modicum of malice to it. She glowered at the guards posted outside, loyal to the Navigator House. The thought of a foreign organism on her Lady-Captain's ship, like mitochondria in a cell... symbiotic, perhaps, but a nuisance of hierarchy. "I come to speak with the Navigator," she announced, casting her withering stare from one guard to the other. "To congratulate him on not killing us, despite his best efforts."

15. - Top - End - #45

Zombie

Receiving a ping on his microbead, Teren answered quickly "The Lady Verata? Yes, let her in, I promised her a drink after translation."

The door to his personal suites opens at his command and, setting his nearly finished drink down quickly, spreads his arms wide in greeting as he rises from where he was sprawled on one of the couches. Lady Francezka, it's good to see the trip must have been largely uneventful. Granted, there was a little brush with the Immaterium early on, but otherwise a success in my book."

Noticing the look on her face, he is immediately concerned that he had done something wrong. I hope I have not done anything to offend. Can I offer a drink as recompense? I was able to find four bottles of Axurian Bloodwine I promised to share with you, unless you have another preference?"
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-24 at 05:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

The seneschal waved away the offer. "My thanks for the offer, but I'll decline for the time being. I merely wished to stop by and congratulate you on the maiden voyage of the ship. I don't believe we lost more than a few thousand souls to the warp storm." She smiled at Teren, but it didn't reach her eyes. Nothing new -- when the seneschal wasn't engrossed in commercial enterprises or at the side of the Lady-Captain, she tended to have a morose demeanor. "I cannot understand the intricacies and difficulties of traversing the Warp, certainly, nor do I wish to. I do hope for smoother sailing in the future, however. If there's something I or the Lady-Captain can do to ensure that occurs, please don't hesitate to let us know."

She looked around the room, nodding to herself. Cez had visited Cassini a few times before, and she always appreciated what he did with the space he was allotted. "There were dark things in the Warp. They visited me. Spoke in my ears. Shocking, how clearly you can hear yourself in the Void, isn't it? In the silence, when the doors are locked and the spiders are away, and the only sound is the beating of your own heart in your ears... and then the purr of Chaos. Thank you for the opportunity to experience that, Teren. It was delightful to have an affirmation of the dangers of the Warp, truly."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Viktor frowned as the warp engine slowly sank into silence once again but quickly regained his composure at the fact that reality had taken hold. He roamed the halls as he checked that everything was going well and everyone was singing their praises to the Omnissiah.

18. - Top - End - #48

Zombie

"I'm sorry we had to lose any to the Warp at all," he says as he smiles sadly, and truly sorry that you had a brush with Unreality, the mirror to the soul is never a kind one. Even if it is not my fault, I still feel I must apologize for our brush with the warp storm earlier, I must have lost focus. I suppose trying to maintain a trance for the duration of the travel can do that. No matter though, I forget myself.

He motions towards the few seats in the room near the hearth, "Would you care to have a seat? I understand if you have more pressing issues, but it remains an open offer. By the by, have you looked at that Second Edition text of Eisenhorn's yet?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As you all close in on footfall, the pure size of the thing would make just about anyone gawk out the windows.

The whole place is a Den teeming with Rogues, Thieves, Assassins and a whole lot of political intrigue amongst the leaders of the different parts of footfall.

You can get anything here. The shops and markets overflowing with both the Needed, the Odd and the Profane.
    You might just even be able to buy a Voidship once in a while.

But that's all just what you've all heard about, rumor-wise and stories during Transit. As you approach Footfall, you're contacted by the Settlement's Defense-and-Docking Personnel.
    "This is Footfall Control, do not approach any further until you've Indentified yourselves and been granted Docking-Rights." A Gruff male-voice says via the Vox-Hail. The message was relayed through a Vox-officer and up to the Rogue Trader.

---------------------------
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Zombie

Blatantly gawking, openmouthed at the sheer size of Footfall from the huge window in his bedchamber, he thinks to himself, God-Emperor's nutsack, this place is bigger than I thought anyone could manage this far out. How in the Nine Hells can this monstrosity function?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Last edited by Hemnon; 2014-10-28 at 04:30 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Cez depressed her microbead to contact the senior officers. "My seneschals and I will be moving through Footfall to investigate commercial options shortly. If you have any requests for specific acquisitions, please let me know immediately so I can prioritize accordingly. Thank you."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Viktor's wanderings took him past several view ports that broke up the monotony. He seemed merry enough at their arrival as he absentmindedly checked his sub skin armor. When the lady-captain radiod he adjusted his Voxcaster and said to her "Nothing more than bits and bobs for the Omnissiah, Milady! However I could possibly help aid in your acquisitions if you don't mind the source. On a more selfish note I wouldn't turn down a set of power fists or maybe some back alley cybernetics so that I can be closer to the Omnissiah."

24. - Top - End - #54

Zombie

My seneschals and I will be moving through Footfall to investigate commercial options shortly. If you have any requests for specific acquisitions, please let me know immediately so I can prioritize accordingly. Thank you.

He recovers from gawking out the window at the monstrosity and thinks for a moment.

I have a small list, Lady Francezka. Nothing too important, but if you catch wind of something do let me know. He rattles off a short list, mentioning at least twice that a metal stick will do him no good if it ever comes to a melee.

"I think I should stay on the ship and keep a low profile, this being the Lady Chorda's territory. Though, if you find my presence is needed, I will be where I am needed."

Spoiler: Shopping Spree!!!
    Show

High Priority: Power Sword, failing that, a nice chainsword will do for now.
    High Priority: Red dot sight for my Hellpistol

Mid-High: Inferno Pistol with red dot sight
    Mid-High: Nav Charts (Detailed ones if possible) depending on where we want to go

Mid: Any nice vintages of something-or-other you happen to come across. I like a well stocked bar.

Low: I would *love* to add an archaeo- or xenostech pistol to my collection, particularly a Pulse Pistol (more a luxury than anything) and failing that, maybe a splinter pistol.
    Last edited by blacklight101; 2014-10-28 at 06:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(I'm just gonna continue this along)

After about half an hour of waiting, as well as light info-trading and such, you're allowed to dock at Station T/A-11.4

Footfall is, as said earlier, a bustling place of trade, markets, crime, etc.

You can get just about anything here if you have the profit to pay for it.

Plenty of 'nobility' exists here, as well as different Imperial Niches like the Missionary Galaxia, many of the different Adeptus and it's even said that the Astartes are in the Expanse as well.
    ---------------------

So what'll you all do? go shopping? Find trade-partners and Endeavors? The gates are open.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Zombie

He waits until they finish docking to proceed to the bridge. He informs any going ashore with him- other than his bodyguard cadre- that he intended to purchase Warp Charts and sundry other items.

He made one last check for his Hellpistol, just in case any should attempt on his life while on-station.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Viktor paused at the airlock and considered his choices carefully. On one hand he could use some power fists to help remove pesky flesh and pave the way for everyone to be blessed by the Omnissiah. On the other hand he managed to muck up his affiliation with a good half of the criminal element on the station in his borderline heretical views and actions. With a shrug he decided to chance it and brought along those Priests who wouldn't sing like canaries to fix them while on the station.