New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Dvati Gestalt Madness!

So here's the deal, a friend is going to be running a Lvl 5 gestalt game, and I'm adamant about playing a Dvati. I'll be using the Dvati pathfinder conversion by alchemyprime found here > http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...der-adaptation
    My GM seems to think high ranged damage would be the best option, do to the Dvati's potential for maximum attacks per turn and also their ungodly squishiness. But, I'm open to other things. I've thought about Gunslinger/Rogue and also Gunslinger/Inquisitor (for Teamwork shenanigans). Any one have any OTHER suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dvati Gestalt Madness!

If your DM allows third-party, do a Gunslinger//Psychic Warrior; the amount of action economy abuse you can get is astounding.

3. - Top - End - #3

I've also considered something with Reach weapons. A monk-esque character. Basically anything that can hit, without being hit. Though casters would be best if they didn't use Intelligence as a key skill. I've looked at Psionics, but I'm not sure if I'm up for learning a new system from something that's completely third party. Though it's always an option, and my GM is fine with Psionics.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I don't know how different the classes are (but I converted Gunslinger to 3.5) but in gestalt I was partial to a Gunslinger//Fighter. Mostly for tons of bonus feats making my guns a ton better... not the best option but I enjoyed it. I also did a Gunslinger // Ranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyre View Post
    I've also considered something with Reach weapons. A monk-esque character. Basically anything that can hit, without being hit. Though casters would be best if they didn't use Intelligence as a key skill. I've looked at Psionics, but I'm not sure if I'm up for learning a new system from something that's completely third party. Though it's always an option, and my GM is fine with Psionics.
    It takes a bit of reading to figure it out properly, but psionics, especially with the many kinks that Dreamscarred Press worked out of it, is definitely a great investment. It opens up a lot of options, and with the Gunslinger, you can make great use of feats like Psionic Shot. The hustle power trades a swift action to get a move action, so reloading in your turn become trivial when you need that extra shot. There are a lot of spiffing options for characters who are willing to devote some time into figuring out what little bits work where.

6. - Top - End - #6

I think I'm going to go with Gunslinger/Inquisitor. Any suggestions for feats and the like?