New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 8: puzzle & Interventions

Also unrelated, but any of yall that play pathfinder, I'm working on a book for it, and the play test link is in my sig. I'd appreciate your feedback.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    'fall more often'? As in orbs of that color fall more often (in which case that seems like a pretty insane rate of increase, and will get pretty close to mono-color skyfalls pretty fast) or the occurrence rate of the color is normal, but they're +'d more frequently? (keeping in mind the rate already was 20%/awakening.)
    I believe they do indeed increase the drop rate (though I was wrong about that being what fax meant).

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So they doubled the amount that +orbs do? That makes them significantly better, especially in the full board/rows enhancements.
    More than that; if it were strictly doubled then a full board would be (1.12*30= 4.6, a still-sizable boost. He's saying it would be... I can't even remember how to do that. Is it straight exponential? Think so. So it would be 1.12^30, which is
    29.95 and a much, much strong we team. That means that, if he's right and this applies to all enhanced orbs (and not just to enhanced drops) then my standard team becomes much better, and means that Metatron will be rolling out 8-10 mil routinely when her friend unicorn is on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    The latter.

Oh really? I thought it was 10% per. It feels like 20% now, so that may not have changed. The damage is definitely buffed though.

Also found out that jp has a nice visual effect for a triggered TPA.
    No, it's been 20%. Five of the awakenings gives you constant +orbs.

And yeah, that's that thing where before the combo pops the orbs slowly fade and then flash right?

Also unrelated, but any of yall that play pathfinder, I'm working on a book for it, and the play test link is in my sig. I'd appreciate your feedback.
    I'm interested but I don't do pathfinder so much. I'll give it a look though. :)

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo FB
    Some fans were talking about a DC Comics and Puzzle & Dragons Collab. We just wanted to tell you… it’s very real.

I'm not a fan of DC, I don't even really care for Batman, but I use him a lot because he is good, so if this is in line with Batman I'm going to like it.

All it really says right now is Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Doomsday, and More.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

I assume clearing Hera was pretty close then? I know I can clear Zeus fairly easily with my devil team. If you're that close though I would figure out what you do need to clear him and do it the face kicking way and not the GrOdin way. For one, clearing it doesn't really open anything up (well an 88 and 99 stamina dungeon you also probably won't be doing any time soon) and it is so painfully slow. Maybe if you really needed that one stone for the Godfest, but not otherwise. If you are that close a golem or any other damage reduction could buy you the extra couple turns you need.
    It's more a satisfying a thing for myself. I'll figure it out ASAP but for right now I just want to say I've done it.
    Was fairly close. But I missed two activations and so had to use some actives so it was closer than I expected.

I'd love to look into it I've played pathfinder before. I'll take a look over the next day or so.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hm... the neq orb enhance is gonna **** me over badly lol. Two kirin leads already have 4 orb enhance.... gg massive light orbs?!

@jasmine: i will switch it back once i get internet.... lol been using nothing but my phone. Both icons are awesome xD.

Well the girl said thank you for the flowers and all smiles but said nothing about the card i wrote. Will see her tomorrow. At least its done with so no more nervousness. Guess give it some time? Im not too good with flowers... New experience!

Also found out I got one of the duty stations I wanted. Going to alaska! Lol random right? But heard nothing but good things and it will give me more free time (due to the small population) there to finish my masters. Plus its pretty and if i get any older, i probably wouldnt want to go into the wild for a bit xD.

Aca
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    More than that; if it were strictly doubled then a full board would be (1.12*30= 4.6, a still-sizable boost. He's saying it would be... I can't even remember how to do that. Is it straight exponential? Think so. So it would be 1.12^30, which is
    29.95 and a much, much strong we team. That means that, if he's right and this applies to all enhanced orbs (and not just to enhanced drops) then my standard team becomes much better, and means that Metatron will be rolling out 8-10 mil routinely when her friend unicorn is on the field.
    You did your math right, and yeah it would have been uber OP if that was how the awakenings worked. Goemon teams would be doing 60 mil damage with leaders alone. Thankfully someone else tested a formula.

"(1 + .06 x number of enhanced orbs) x (1 + .04 x number of enhance awakenings on the team) = multiplier for that combo only, but applied to the whole team"

This looks much more reasonable. Maxing out 5 +awakenings gives you pretty much a static 41% boost instead of 18%, or 20% increase in damage from how it was before. So instead of doing the 5,359,900 damage needed to 1 shot KoG zeus, I'd do 6,431,880 instead. Conversely the attack requirement goes down dramatically - from 9880 to 8234. That's a good 300 attack egg difference. Going to be much easier to farm KoG with a beginner team now.

Looks in line with what GH has been going for recently - stacking awakenings before they become effective (rows, TPA, now +orbs). Pretty legit boost to double +orb leaders like U&Y and Kirin - a good ~10% boost in DPS. This makes Strawberry dragon a pretty awesome Horus sub - after changes, the double fire resist covers the loss of Horuses fire resist, covers green (usually worst color), and maxes out +orbs to 5. With a basic RA activation its a boost of 41%*7500*25*2.25 = 173k damage, out of 731k, so a 24% increase (terribad HP though). Pretty legit. Kinda makes me wish I got him instead of melon from that fruit dungeon.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-10-30 at 02:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I gotta say, while I normally disdain the use of a Ronia team, I just slaughtered the Mythical version of The Goddess Descends with a Lu Bu/Ronia team(Vamp/Hera-Ur/Baddie/Ronia as subs). Entirely one-shotted Valk herself, even with the ability to only make 3 rows(I had exactly 9 fire orbs when I used my Ronia, so I Made 1 fire row, 2x black, and an extra fire combo). Yay for free stone! LOL

Edit: Wow, apparently ronia team is a VERY easy clear for Thursday Tri-Fruit dungeon farming. Just wiped the floor with the entire dungeon. Well, at least now I have a very simple way to acquire trifruits, of which I need several at this current point in time, so huzzah!
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-10-30 at 02:46 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Well, I gotta say, while I normally disdain the use of a Ronia team, I just slaughtered the Mythical version of The Goddess Descends with a Lu Bu/Ronia team(Vamp/Hera-Ur/Baddie/Ronia as subs). Entirely one-shotted Valk herself, even with the ability to only make 3 rows(I had exactly 9 fire orbs when I used my Ronia, so I Made 1 fire row, 2x black, and an extra fire combo). Yay for free stone! LOL

Edit: Wow, apparently ronia team is a VERY easy clear for Thursday Tri-Fruit dungeon farming. Just wiped the floor with the entire dungeon. Well, at least now I have a very simple way to acquire trifruits, of which I need several at this current point in time, so huzzah!
    Ronia's a very easy clear of everything it CAN clear, which is why so many people love her...

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    You did your math right, and yeah it would have been uber OP if that was how the awakenings worked. Goemon teams would be doing 60 mil damage with leaders alone. Thankfully someone else tested a formula.

"(1 + .06 x number of enhanced orbs) x (1 + .04 x number of enhance awakenings on the team) = multiplier for that combo only, but applied to the whole team"

This looks much more reasonable. Maxing out 5 +awakenings gives you pretty much a static 41% boost instead of 18%, or 20% increase in damage from how it was before. So instead of doing the 5,359,900 damage needed to 1 shot KoG zeus, I'd do 6,431,880 instead. Conversely the attack requirement goes down dramatically - from 9880 to 8234. That's a good 300 attack egg difference. Going to be much easier to farm KoG with a beginner team now.

Looks in line with what GH has been going for recently - stacking awakenings before they become effective (rows, TPA, now +orbs). Pretty legit boost to double +orb leaders like U&Y and Kirin - a good ~10% boost in DPS. This makes Strawberry dragon a pretty awesome Horus sub - after changes, the double fire resist covers the loss of Horuses fire resist, covers green (usually worst color), and maxes out +orbs to 5. With a basic RA activation its a boost of 41%*7500*25*2.25 = 173k damage, out of 731k, so a 24% increase (terribad HP though). Pretty legit. Kinda makes me wish I got him instead of melon from that fruit dungeon.
    Oh praise sweet baby Jesus I was wrong.

Edit: but what makes you think you're capped at 5 awakenkngs? Sure you won't get any additional use out of the +orbs feature, but free damage is free damage. I have three Thanatoses now, for instance, which would be six awakenings. Each one is basically an extra 5% damage in a three +orb combo, right?

I'm not saying it's that viable as a focus for a team: I haven't seen or tried it. But don't sell yourself short by putting a limit on where one might not be.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2014-10-30 at 09:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

So actually the boost per orb stays the same, but you get an additional bonus based on the number of awakenings on the team?
    So if you happened to have a full board enhance like Hera-Ur on a RSonia team, but you didn't actually have any +orb awakenings, you wouldn't see any damage increase from what we have now?
    I think my standard RSonia team has 1 red and 2 dark, so not bad but not great. An 8% boost to dark damage and 4% to red is still going to be a sizable bit of damage.

And it seems like what they meant was that +orbs drop more than 20% of the time now, not that red orbs have a higher chance of dropping in general, right? Do we know what that new +orb drop rate is?

My standard Horus team will have 2xdark, 1xLRGB, at least if I take Isis as my friend which I usually do (for the bind clearing mostly). Although with Isis it might be worth switching Karin out for Lielan, which would be 2xRLD, 1xG, loose out on the blue but the boost to red would probably be worth it.

Ronia's a very easy clear of everything it CAN clear, which is why so many people love her...
    Well to be fair, that seems to be the case with most well built teams. Most non-rainbow team designs are "have skilled heartbreaker/orb shifter for orb screwing/mini bosses, hit skills on boss and be done." All of the Chinese girls, Hera-Beorc/Zues-Dios, Goemon, Raphael, have built in fully board changers which makes the bosses trivial in most cases.
    It isn't like you can run a RSonia team and make 1-2 matches a turn and win, you'll need 4-6 matches per turn in most cases to generate the damage you need as well as clearing out enough useless orbs to not be screwed the next round. 4-6 matches is enough to activate pretty much anyone.

And once you get the practice with Horus that is generally the case too, almost every board has what you need to clear out all but the hardest mini-bosses in one round, and rather than a heartbreaker you have a delay. What you can't delay or kill in the rounds you have you can't really beat, but you do have a lot more variability in utility actives you can take.

I could probably take my RSonia team and hand it to my bother, whom is fairly new, and he wouldn't have the orbing skills to clear a descend that would be trivial for me.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Banned

Okay. But what is the extra number representing? I'm assuming it's number of +orb skills on the team? So I would fold in an additional *1.04n, where n = number of awoken skills for enhancing that orb?

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post

Interesting. I think I'll take a crack at it with Beelz. It can't be as hard as keeper of the gold, and I can swap out DQ Hera for vampire since I don't need to knock of a few mil pre-emptively. Gives me three offensive orb changers, one defensive, and Baddie.

E: Leilan says no.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2014-10-30 at 10:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. But what is the extra number representing? I'm assuming it's number of +orb skills on the team? So I would fold in an additional *1.04n, where n = number of awoken skills for enhancing that orb?
    Yup, seems like.

Which incidentally makes the Berry dragons into cooler subs.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Banned

Lightbulb Re: Puzzle & Dragons 8: puzzle & Interventions

Yup, seems like.

Which incidentally makes the Berry dragons into cooler subs.
    Good! I invested in mine early because stupidity <_<

I would like to see a generic output difference now between +orb rows then and +orb rows now. Where do I look for that? I apparently cannot grok +orb math on my own when adding it into other things.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Banned

Leliana says no again >.<

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Two Leilan invades? That is the only reason I'm going to be running it. So far one attempt at Mythical didn't get me one, but I'll have the stamina for another try soon and will level today for at least 2 more attempts.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Banned

Two Leilan invades? That is the only reason I'm going to be running it. So far one attempt at Mythical didn't get me one, but I'll have the stamina for another try soon and will level today for at least 2 more attempts.
    Consecutively and in place of the divine masks both times, yeah. No stalls. Not now. Not ever.

Oh well. I don't have a legitimate team that can handle Goddess yet. It's in the works and on back order due to other things, so I'm not gonna stress.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Firbolg in the Playground

No skillups for Hera again? That puts me at about 0/12.

I'm going to save some stamina today for the super emerald dragon, then try Hera again until Hera-Ur descends. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the REM and with Hera-Ur drops than I have will skillups.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    Also found out I got one of the duty stations I wanted. Going to alaska! Lol random right? But heard nothing but good things and it will give me more free time (due to the small population) there to finish my masters. Plus its pretty and if i get any older, i probably wouldnt want to go into the wild for a bit xD.

Aca

I've heard Alaska is incredibly beautiful - definitely take in the sights while you're out there. Just don't commit suicide when those months of darkness set in

19. - Top - End - #559

Edit: but what makes you think you're capped at 5 awakenkngs? Sure you won't get any additional use out of the +orbs feature, but free damage is free damage. I have three Thanatoses now, for instance, which would be six awakenings. Each one is basically an extra 5% damage in a three +orb combo, right?

I'm not saying it's that viable as a focus for a team: I haven't seen or tried it. But don't sell yourself short by putting a limit on where one might not be.
    Maxing out as in all natural orbs will be +ed. It's a soft cap - the first five provide additional damage as well as additional + orbs - any after that provide only the additional damage. So the first 5 are worth about 8% each, and every after that provides 4% more - additive boost, which is also subject to diminishing returns.

This is also a nerf to Horus' active skill while he is lead. Sad face. Went from a sometimes significant 8% boost in damage to a 5% boost (leader awakenings only) or 0% boost (has strawberry dragon)

So actually the boost per orb stays the same, but you get an additional bonus based on the number of awakenings on the team?
    So if you happened to have a full board enhance like Hera-Ur on a RSonia team, but you didn't actually have any +orb awakenings, you wouldn't see any damage increase from what we have now?

Well to be fair, that seems to be the case with most well built teams. Most non-rainbow team designs are "have skilled heartbreaker/orb shifter for orb screwing/mini bosses, hit skills on boss and be done." All of the Chinese girls, Hera-Beorc/Zues-Dios, Goemon, Raphael, have built in fully board changers which makes the bosses trivial in most cases.
    It isn't like you can run a RSonia team and make 1-2 matches a turn and win, you'll need 4-6 matches per turn in most cases to generate the damage you need as well as clearing out enough useless orbs to not be screwed the next round. 4-6 matches is enough to activate pretty much anyone.

And once you get the practice with Horus that is generally the case too, almost every board has what you need to clear out all but the hardest mini-bosses in one round, and rather than a heartbreaker you have a delay. What you can't delay or kill in the rounds you have you can't really beat, but you do have a lot more variability in utility actives you can take.

I could probably take my RSonia team and hand it to my bother, whom is fairly new, and he wouldn't have the orbing skills to clear a descend that would be trivial for me.
    Yes, it would be the same. +orbs weren't really a problem - the enhanced skills were regularly seeing use - it was the awakenings that were weak, so this change is well targeted to the problem area.

Ronia has an unconditional 6.25x multiplier (that will scale up to a 7.5 multiplier at 6 combos). The closest unconditional is ult Beelz which takes 1 of each jewel and is only 5x. Everything after that is 4x or lower.

It's not that she does tons of damage. Lots of teams can do that, and many can do it better. It's that she combines damage with safety. Why play a normal 9x/12.25x/16x lead that gets killed in 2 hits when you could do the same amount of damage while having the safety of playing a lucifer team? There's just so much more room for error when playing Ronia. It's true that 6 matches can activate quite a few leads, but many of these leads will do much less damage when they end up making 4 matches, often not being able to activate leader skill. They do this twice and they're dead. Ronia goes LOL OOPS and goes on for as long as she can match 3 heals. You know who else gets a lot of flak (often from Ronia users! oh the irony) for being a NOOB BOT? (copyright Aca) Lucifer, who has less healing, less damage, and has to sustain matching competency for an hour per dungeon. Other than Ama/Odin, I can't think of a single lead that has as much reward for as little skill as Ronia.

Re: Brother - Ronia is not skillless, she's just has a very low skill entry. Given any descend that is trivial for you using both Ronia and Horus, I would wager my account that your brother would be able to beat it with Ronia before he beats it with Horus.

I would like to see a generic output difference now between +orb rows then and +orb rows now. Where do I look for that? I apparently cannot grok +orb math on my own when adding it into other things.
    +orb rows and +orb rows? You mean +orb full board? The rankings are exactly the same because it's an external 4% multiplier. Just think of +orb awakenings as now being a 4% boost to that color, whereas rows are a 10% boost for making a row. Unless you mean when a +orb awakening is better than a +row awakening, in which case it would be really complicated.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-10-30 at 03:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Banned

+orb rows and +orb rows?
    Just an individual row. Turns out it's likely 1.63 instead of 1.36.

So it clicked for me; all +orbs do 6% more damage, base. Enhanced orb awoken skills increase that. Six awoken skills makes each +orb add 31% or thereabouts, and as always, only to the combo that has that +orb in it. Paradoxically this means it is now better to split three +orbs up into three different combos so that each combo gains the benefit of the awoken skills, provided you have enough awoken skills to get a decent bonus.

After all, single awakening, 1+1+1.22 is less than 1.1+1.1+1.1 for your base damage of that color. If you have no awoken skills this changes. Diversity!

Drop rate of orbs of that color are unchanged. You do not get more fire orbs in general from these awakenings, for example.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

+orb rows and +orb rows? You mean +orb full board? The rankings are exactly the same because it's an external 4% multiplier. Just think of +orb awakenings as now being a 4% boost to that color, whereas rows are a 10% boost for making a row. Unless you mean when a +orb awakening is better than a +orb, in which case it would be really complicated.
    I think the question was, before this change a row of 6+ orbs did X damage, what will a row of 6 +orbs do after this change?
    Which will of course depend on the number of +orb awakenings the team has.
    I think it should be (36%+4%*6*awakenings)*the rest of the row damage equation. Or an additional 24% damage for the row for each awakening you have.
    For a full board it should be (180%+120%*#awakenings) Which would imply even a single +awakening is going to slightly more than double the damage from a full board shift like Goemon.

I'm going to have to make an Amenouzume team when these changes go live.
    Amenouzume//Cao Cao/Horus/Goemon/X/notsure
    X could be RRGoblin, Yamato Takeru, King Flamie, Lielan, RSonia, or Hera-Ur. Gigas if I ever leveled him up, but would prefer RValk.
    I think it would have 4 +awakenings and several rows. Probably switch Goemon for RSonia because she has some levels, then Freyr or Ares as a friend to get some staying power.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Just an individual row. Turns out it's likely 1.63 instead of 1.36.

So it clicked for me; all +orbs do 6% more damage, base. Enhanced orb awoken skills increase that. Six awoken skills makes each +orb add 31% or thereabouts, and as always, only to the combo that has that +orb in it. Paradoxically this means it is now better to split three +orbs up into three different combos so that each combo gains the benefit of the awoken skills, provided you have enough awoken skills to get a decent bonus.

After all, single awakening, 1+1+1.22 is less than 1.1+1.1+1.1 for your base damage of that color. If you have no awoken skills this changes. Diversity!

Drop rate of orbs of that color are unchanged. You do not get more fire orbs in general from these awakenings, for example.
    I should awaken Strawberry so he can sit on Leilan's team.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just working on things nothing exciting too much. I got 200 day bonus so have stones just can't decide if rolling will just give me some more things to level :). What are you all going to do ?

24. - Top - End - #564

Quote Originally Posted by Feistylady View Post
    Just working on things nothing exciting too much. I got 200 day bonus so have stones just can't decide if rolling will just give me some more things to level :). What are you all going to do ?
    Im planning on sitting this godfest out for that exact reason. I think I'm going to save for a while to potentially have a larger number for the freshly announced DC Collab. No guarantee that the monsters will be great, but if they happen to be as useful as the batmans or dbz monsters I want to be able to roll.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure wish there was a supergirl! As a second suppose I'll take superman :)

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

And godfest has begun! What's everyone gotten?

I decided to try it out. Got an Undine, an Undine the Elemental, and - hello - a Meimei.

Ooh, I am definitely going for G/D Meimei. This is going to be fun.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I pulled a monster that I've never even heard of before tonight. Cursed Dragon. Interesting monster, and definitely gives some serious power to a Dragon team(3.5x atk when HP 50% or higher). I like his evoed form, and even more-so what someone posted for him on puzzledragonx ^^

Even if hes trapped by karma's never ending cycle,
    The dreams he left behind will open the way,
    And even if the infinite dungeon universe stands before him,
    His seathing flames will determine what will be!
    He'll break through the waves of slime and ogers,
    And defy those who stand in his way!

TENGEN TOPPA DRAGUN LAGANN!

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE IS?!

28. - Top - End - #568
    Firbolg in the Playground

I had better luck with the emerald dragons. I did super emerald dragons descended and got a super king. After feeding all the dragons to Odin I got a 'great' and he immediately jumped from level 47 to level 60.

I made 5 REM pulls. That's probably more than I should have made.

1. Radious: a potentially useful active skill that will be extremely hard to skillup.
    2. Idunn&Idunna (duplicate): I already have the W/L ultimate evo, and the older blue/blue UVO seems like it has a rather weak leader skill.
    3. Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
    I have two rainbow healer leaders in the works, and dark healers are hard to come by. According to PDX, this has the highest HP and weighted stats of any dark healer in the game.
    Also, I lack a skilled-up dark orb-changer.
    And that is where I should have stopped...
    4. Mystic Dark Knight
    5. Ice Guardian (+1)

Lifetime REM pulls: 38
    Farmable monsters pulled during a godfest: 16

None of those pulls will be leveled up for quite awhile. For too long, I've been splitting my xp between too many monsters. The end result being that instead of having lots of possible descend teams to choose from, I have one that struggles with all but the easiest dungeons. My top priority should really be making my Ronia team capable of tackling descends.
    Last edited by 137beth; 2014-10-30 at 10:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

I'm skipping this Godfest, not enough I actually want in the 3x categories.

30. - Top - End - #570

I decided to make one roll from my stockpiled free stones. WoodBahn. Green delay and orb enhance, so didn't seem terrible and was happy to end rolling there. Unfortunately my brain auto piloted and said roll again. Goodbye 5 more stones, hello freyja. Don't have any use for her now but happy to not get a dupe so it was a success overall.