New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 8: puzzle & Interventions

@Jasmine: lol fair enough. Your REM will come once you maxed all your shiz. I run RSonia and my chinese celestials for farming skill ups... Kirins only for the all attribute requirement and mythicals lol. I actually die more with rsonia in mythicals than with my kirin.... dont ask me how. And the chinese celestial invades absolutely kills rsonias most of the times. Other dungeons are absolutely a no go for rsonias. But for farming stuff, rsonia and my lmeta is king lol. I suppose its the upkeep for skilling up rem mons... cant believe im semi defending rsonias lol. Grinding for skill ups woth kirin is so painful at times. MAybe my kushi....

Congrats on the athena. Good kirin sub.

@Kauai: DQXQ is awesome. Glad to hear you're going into the higher spike leads!
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feistylady View Post
    Ok I could use some advice. I think I am missing how to build advice. Does anyone have a good info site for this. I didnt make it anywhere in the gift dungeon. Think I need much studying .
    I'm sorry I should always read before I hit submit. Ty for the great advice I will use it. I have one dark ninja. Gonna try for another right now . In general I think I lack team building skills. Combos I do pretty well 4 and practicing to get more. What syncs with what What skill assists another skill, doubles it. Jasmine you are correct that using ronia makes things easy (to a point). I need much more for the game to be "all that" for me. Worked hard on the valk team and need more. The ronia team is getting there. But it feels like I'm missing some basic knowledge to perhaps start on the dxqx and (Laffing). Understand why I play who for what. This is my new project !

I love the new title!

Grats to you all on your latest achievements !!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    @Jasmine: lol fair enough. Your REM will come once you maxed all your shiz. I run RSonia and my chinese celestials for farming skill ups... Kirins only for the all attribute requirement and mythicals lol. I actually die more with rsonia in mythicals than with my kirin.... dont ask me how. And the chinese celestial invades absolutely kills rsonias most of the times. Other dungeons are absolutely a no go for rsonias. But for farming stuff, rsonia and my lmeta is king lol. I suppose its the upkeep for skilling up rem mons... cant believe im semi defending rsonias lol. Grinding for skill ups woth kirin is so painful at times. MAybe my kushi....

@Kauai: DQXQ is awesome. Glad to hear you're going into the higher spike leads!
    For me, Ronia has actually been very solid. There aren't too many dungeons that she can't handle (altho she can't take Legendary Earth and Legendary Seaway...meh). But I do know it's stunted my growth in the game, or at least has slowed it down. I have noticed that I'm getting better at orbing tho. Still scared to try Ra. lol

Kirin is possible, but I need to awaken her and level her big time. So for now I need to stick with DQXQ. Only thing is, my friend list has a TON of Kirins so I tend to use DQXQ lead with Kirin friend(!). I know that's not a very good combination (renders DQXQ's active completely useless), but at least it's possible to hit 20x, or 4x at the very least. But it's a funky team build because I need somebody to cover dark, and dark is useless for Kirin. My hodgepodge subs for that team are usually ROdin and Shinji&Kaworu due to their attack values (tho my Shinji is unawoken! I think I'm going to burn Tamadra on them right now), GrOdin due to his awakenings and decent stats (plus he's max skilled so that's a little bit of extra oomph), and DD Yomi. Listening to you all tho, looks like I need to go more defensive. Probably take Echidna instead of ROdin, and maybe Susano for green. I need to see what defensive subs I have. (Actually, what I need to do is go back and reread the other thread as I know I've asked this question before and you all chimed in with recommended subs.)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

If you run DQXQ, other DQXQs, Bastet, and Kushinada are pretty solid friend leaders. Bastet and Kushi also have the ability to snipe with them if you need to: double or triple up on a color to just activate one leader and not the other. I do it all the time when I'm buying turns with Bastet//DQXQ. Plus, if you aim to hit DQXQ, you're definitely hitting your other leader for x10 to x16 with Bastet and x8 to x80 (lol, tricolor) with Kushi.

Combo leadering is very different from row leaders or matched set leaders: your primary effort every turn is to clear as much of the board as possible. Bastet has the shallowest learning curve. Kushinada and Okuniushi have a steeper one, Kushi more than Oku. Robin and Anubis have the steepest but also the most rewarding. Kushi also has the sad downside that she's the only one without a +time awakening.

I don't know what your box looks like (lol), but I know it's stuffed with shiny. You could try something like DQXQ//Ronia/[whoever you want 1]/[whoever you want 2]/[whoever you want 3]//Bastet.

Those whoever you wants can be practically anyone: you have five color coverage between your leaders and Ronia. I'd suggest Echidna, any flavor of Odin, and Susano: that weights you towards Light, Green, and Red, and Blue and Black are just there for activations, and puts basically all your actives as defensive.

Alternatively, you could go with a bunch of healers, like DQXQ//Lilith/Echidna/King Shynee/?//Bastet. ? Can be basically any healer, but Himiko would be good for high HP and defensive active.

I personally run Bastet//Bonia/Lilith/Echidna/Leilan//DQXQ, which gives me an extra second and a half to move orbs. I've been toying with the idea of swapping Grape Dragon for Leilan when I get some more levels on him for another half second, but honestly time awakenings are very diminishing returns. Three is probably enough, and DQXQ and Bastet give two. Lilith, Grape Dragon, or Robin are quick subs for this (or Horus or Ra I guess, lol).

Actually you have Ra don't you? Why not DQXQ//Ronia/Ra/Echidna/?//Bastet? That's three time awakenings and a slot you can put whoever you want in: Gravity? Morningstar? Susano? Heart maker? I would lean towards someone light and make that your "big gun" color: you've got four light attackers on the table already, and it isn't resisted by anyone. Thor? Kirin? Apollo? Verche?

Again, not knowing the specifics of your box makes this kind of theoretical, but I hope you can see where I'm going with this.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2014-10-09 at 09:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

[\QUOTE]tl;dr: Listen to the folks here, and also read up at puzzledragonx, puzzleanddragonsforum, and the pad wikia. Take stock of the pieces that you have, figure out a team that you'd like to work with (Jasmine gave you some great build suggestions), and strengthen the cards on that team. It will take patience and time tho, especially if you don't go IAP like I did.[/QUOTE]

:) you said it way better than I . . . exactly

I love your new picture
    Last edited by Feistylady; 2014-10-09 at 09:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

So y'know, to heck with this dub-topalit racket. I'm just going to start feeding baby tamadra away and seeing what I get. Then fill back up next silver/gold. It's not like we're not getting tons of them every event.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    I give the Invade two thumbs "meh".

The end boss isn't bad, once uvo'd, but you're pretty much better off with any other Gravity. A 12-round cooldown is nice, but it's not that far from 15 rounds.
    I dunno. Wood has this icky tendency to make all their or shifts fire or water based; I can't run a good shift-team because sasuke, Parvati, cuchulain and Perseus all run on the same fuel. Adding in takaoka Buddha and this guy would give me alternatives (fire and dark I believe) which really open things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Pair him with my Folklore? Bunch of devils, Baddie/Lilith/Lu Bu. Nuke.

My mostly unused Folklore team (since I don't have anyone to buddy with) is Lu Bu//High Dark Ninja/Combo Hadar/Folklore/Echidna//Folklore. Two different Set To One abilities, Echidna for emergencies, and Lu Bu's 2.5x makes that 25x burst into a 62.5x. There's only two problems: one, if you match any hearts or get autohealed, you leave your trigger window. And two, getting to the point where your nuke can fire is difficult: you're sitting on a x3 for 15ish turns. Having Satan will solve one of those problems, but I was honestly hoping I could use Folklore to /get/ Satan.
    I have satan, and I'm pretty sure folklore's cool down is crazy low – my own skilled up during Evo (?!) and is sitting pretty at 5 turns for switch. I can do five turns. Also means ic. An switch him back again as needed.

Maybe satan lead? Or DQ Hera? Once I'm below threshold I switch!

Well the problem with Folklore vs Goemon is that Folklore is <5%. It's a very narrow window: my team's is 487 HP.

And yeah, I know Hades/Satan is pretty much a nonstarter vs. a 3x. Since Satan is no-hearts, though, all I'd need to do is pop Morningstar on Hades and swing for the fences. I'd have to bring JDDJ and hit him the same time I killed Hades to survive Satan's preemptive, at which point I'd pop Lu Bu and swing again.

But that also means 30+ turns of stalling pre Hades, which is basically impossible. So hey, look at me, talking myself out of it again.
    JDDJ can stall you pretty easily actually. Just get to the kraken and roll orbs around a bit. He'll be up between every other hit, so just hedge orbs.

So y'know, to heck with this dub-topalit racket. I'm just going to start feeding baby tamadra away and seeing what I get. Then fill back up next silver/gold. It's not like we're not getting tons of them every event.
    Good man!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Been pretty busy with school, haven't been checking forums recently.

Anyways, going to be running the collab this event until I can get my Shiva skilled up (hopefully to max so I can burn through OoH quicker - no stalling would be glorious). I've only gotten 2 orbs though, so I'm just sitting on them and will feed them off in 5's.

Siuis, think you could update my leads as well? I'm pretty much exclusively Red Sonia and Kirin at this point but I have LMeta, Shiva, Lu Bu, Horus, L/L Zeus, and Rebel Lucifer available upon requests.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I dunno. Wood has this icky tendency to make all their or shifts fire or water based; I can't run a good shift-team because sasuke, Parvati, cuchulain and Perseus all run on the same fuel. Adding in takaoka Buddha and this guy would give me alternatives (fire and dark I believe) which really open things up.
    Why not ADKZ? He's R>G. And now you can get skillups for him from the skydragon dungeon.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Why not ADKZ? He's R>G. And now you can get skillups for him from the skydragon dungeon.
    Awakenings. But you'll note that fire to wood and water to wood were both the problem; compared to the gods on that list, Zeal is sort of small fry. I like him, still use him, he's a staple on my balance team with two prong. But when I could be bringing a few hundred more points in every category... Gunma at level 16 was one of my strongest mons, for example. I'd rather bring Gunma.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

For the Players Choice CARNIVAL(It's not a godfest, so keep that in mind), I have just one word to say, and it's a direct quote from Jimmy Fallon: "Ew" I was going to throw a roll or two at it, but wow it just sucks so much I can't even begin to fathom the idea of throwing stones at it. Guess my 31 stones shall remain intact till the next actual godfest.

Also, while it's not important in any sort of way, I figure I should mention to you SiuiS that Horus is not my main anymore. He's used often, but Lmeta is definitely my main nowadays, I use her for everything that I can, and quite often for things that I shouldn't/can't, lol. I've truly become a Healer Girl person.

Edit: Also, gotta say that even though I know they aren't the most stam/exp efficient dungeons, it's nice going through all the dungeons for the stone and getting decent exp as well, I've gained 3 ranks in 2 days because of it(now rank 203!!! wootage!). Just need 2 more stamina and I can run Hera's dungeon 3x in a single bar of stamina, which isn't bad at all. Hell, the monster exp isn't half bad at all either, I've managed to level my Siegfried and Echidna several levels each, which makes me happy(especially since my Echidna is nearly maxed now, just 3 levels to go and I'm done with her! She'll be max awoken, max level, max skilled)

I am sadly losing a ton of box space though because I am the dragon guy and I just can't bear to get rid of all the dragons I've gained(obviously any copies do get fed off). If I manage to get my Ra the next time he's featured in a Godfest I may have to go Jasmines route and sink a ton of stones into box space, maybe go from 300 to 400 spaces altogether.

Bit frustrated atm though, messed up on the last of the Mechdragon dungeon, didn't notice that 3 out of 4 monsters were on 1 turn timer and wanted to stall just one more turn before the Chimera came up in case it was on a 1 turn timer. Didn't wipe them out and died >< Hate 50 stamina losses to idiotic mistakes. Especially when I could have just used Valk/Angelion instead of using Echidna like I usually do to wipe out the Chimera ><

And finally, I'm back to not sure what to use my Tamadra on, every monster that I regularly use is fully awakened with the exception of King Baddie/Shynee/Woodsie, and that's because it's a hell of a lot easier to just make 2 more of each, then it is to use Tamadra, it would just feel like such a waste to give any of them a Tama. Hell, even the monsters that I'm just in the process of building teams for are fully awoken(well, the leaders anyways. I haven't awoken Hera-Ur or Hera-Is. The only two subs on teams that I use that aren't are Black Blaze, Graceful Valkyrie, and DJ. And I don't use my DD Bats team on anything but dungeons where I feel I can't make it through with Lmeta or Horus, ie: Really, realllllyyy grindy teams.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-10-10 at 02:51 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Player's Choice isn't bad for me. Only had stones for one pull on the phone, got FA Luci. -.- Contemplating whether I want to buy a couple more to try for Haku or not...

Tablet, on the other hand, got DQXQ on three pulls. That account now has Karin, U&Y, and DQXQ on 7 lifetime pulls. I think it's pretty much set.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I literally own none of the carnival monsters. I'll probably make one pull and pray, as I am stones poor after upping my box and friends list.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo! Tamadra... Erm... Metal/gold tonight!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Yesss. I am going to spend alll my stones. (All, uh, three of them, that is.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

edit: Jasmine I checked on both accounts and the top message was the tamadra and the second was the stone.

I remember not too long ago when FA Lucifer was considered bad and now he is in the players choice.

While I could use Yomi and DQXQ on the tablet, and Haku and Lucifer would be pretty good on either I still don't think I'll do anything with this carnival. Although a Burning Maiden Valk would be more useful than Gigas if I needed a red heartbreaker.

But the news from the JP stream is very interesting:
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Stream via PADx
    Ult Red Sonia
    LS: 2x ATK/RCV to Devil types (may be adjusted), ATK boost after 6+ combos
    Additional awakening: time extension

Ult Dark Metatron
    LS: 4x ATK to God and Attacker types when below 80% HP
    New active (details to be revealed later)

Ult Satan
    LS: 3.5x ATK and a HP boost (1.35x?) to Devil types

- New technical dungeon to be released in JP: (picture of a dragon)

- Another BEAMS collab on the way for JP

- Detective Conan collab for PADW

Goddess of the Past, Urd
    Active: Change entire board into Fire, Water, and Heal orbs
    LS: 2.5x ATK to Fire, 1.5x ATK to Water, and 3.75x to Fire/Water dual-element cards

Goddess of the Present, Belldandy
    Active: Change entire board into Fire, Wood, and Heal orbs
    LS: 2.5x ATK to Wood and 2x HP to Fire cards

Goddess of the Future, Skuld
    Active: Change entire board into Water, Wood, and Heal orbs
    LS: 2.5x ATK to Water and 2x RCV to Fire cards

Osiris
    Active: Change right-most column into wood orbs (max cd 4 turns)
    LS: 1.35x HP and RCV to Wood cards and 3.5x ATK after 6+ combo (not final)

Hathor
    LS: Increase Light HP and RCV by a little (1.2x?) and 4x ATK when attacking with 5 elements or 4 elements + Heart
    Ultimate on RSonia could be very interesting. And I guess the 6+ combos means she is no longer going to be considered a "don't have to think about it leader."

The new monsters look very interesting, they are obviously branching out into new directions with LD skill design.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum translation for monster updates
    Active skill changes
    Ripper dragons: 15/10 -> 15/8
    Kagutsuchi: 30/15 -> 25/10
    Cao Cao: 14/10 ->14/9
    Sun Quan: 18/14 -> 18/13
    Liu Bei: 15/11 -> 15/10
    Apocalypse: 20/15 -> 16/11
    Angel Luci: 35/25 -> 35/20
    Satan: 35/25 -> 35/20
    Lakshmi: Gains orb-enhance
    Ultimate Archer, King Slimes, Mari & Eva, GC Crab, Izanagi, Robin, B/W Batman, AB. Wingman, Biscuit, Pitou, Hello Kitty Tyrra, Tamadrapurin, I Love Padbear: Gains nuke (overwrite)
    Draggie: gains 1-turn delay
    Draggie Knight and evos: gains 1-turn delay
    GZL: gains 50% armor reduction
    LZL: gains "heal 4x of monster RCV"
    Thoth: gains 2-turn bind recover
    Xuanzang (Light): gains heal 3000
    Xuanzang (Dark): 7x -> 10x
    Dmeta: 1-turn bind recover
    Norse enhance nukes go from 10x to 30x
    Awoken Neptune: 2x ATK for both attackers and devil for 1 turn instead of just attackers
    Durga: 1.5x -> 2x for god enhance

Leader Skill changes
    GGY: Affects Dragon in addition to Physical
    RGY: Affects Balance in addition to Dragon
    Zaerog: Gains small HP boost
    Minerva/Neptune/Ceres/Venus/Hades: 1.5x ATK for devil (dark version) or god (light version) in addition to damage reduction
    Bodin, Rodin: 1.5x HP, 2.5x ATK for God, Water and God, Fire
    Amaterasu: 1.5x ATK for God types in addition to auto-heal
    Lmeta, Bmeta: Gains small HP boost for healers

Added sub-types
    F/F Horus gains Balance
    F/L Horus gains Attacker
    L/D Ra gains Physical
    L/L Ra gains Healer
    Uvo Angel Luci gains Balance

Added Awakenings
    L/L Fagan gains 2nd skillboost, light row enhance, 2-prong
    D/L Fagan gains 2x bind-resist, 2nd 2-prong
    Uvo Beelze gains skillboost, 2nd 2-prong and poison resist
    Uvo Hera-Ur gains skillboost
    Parvati auto-heal (4th awakening) changed to time extension
    Indra 1st and 2nd awakenings are now time extension and additional skill-bind resist
    Orochi 2nd HP boost changed to 2-prong
    Susano Attack boost changed to 2-prong
    Uriel/Gabriel/Michael Attack boost changed to skill-bind resist
    Raphael attack boost changed to light row enhance, bind recover changed to skillboost
    Angel Luci attack boosts changed to 2-prong and skill-boost
    Awoken Zeus Olympios light resist changed to skill-boost, attack boost changed to 2-prong
    DQ Hera dark resist changed to skill-boost, attack boost changed to 2-prong
    Zaerog attack boost changed to 2-prong
    Apollo/Persephone attack boost changed to 2-prong
    Izanagi attack boost changed to blind resist
    Durga poison resist changed to time extension
    Looks pretty substantial all across the board.
    Some of those monsters are pretty new too. Horus and Ra gaining sub-types is a great addition too. Although I don't think I'll use it much as a leader, it would make Horus a much better sub.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2014-10-10 at 09:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 8: Puzzle & Interventions

Wow, that's a lot of nice changes.

So anyway... sorry to keep spamming the thread, but this was too topical not to mention. I figured I'd do two more rolls for the sake of my silly Haku quest, and what comes out? AA Michael and Sasuke. So, sorry, Jasmine, clearly you were 100% right, and the universe agrees that I should really be running GZL.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

L/L Ra gains Healer

I don't know how/if this will affect me, frankly. I won't switch him to a Healer team, won't add a Healer booster, and probably won't use him on my LMeta team.

Orochi 2nd HP boost changed to 2-prong

Susano Attack boost changed to 2-prong

Uriel/Gabriel/Michael Attack boost changed to skill-bind resist

Apollo/Persephone attack boost changed to 2-prong
    Last edited by obryn; 2014-10-10 at 09:35 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

LD Ra gaining physical makes five-color light physical a thing doesn't it? LD Ra//BL Noah/GL Asgard/LR Takeminekata/B King Bubblie//LL Kirin or something? On my phone so can't come up with a better example, but x6x5x3 sounds tasty.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

LD Ra gaining physical makes five-color light physical a thing doesn't it? LD Ra//BL Noah/GL Asgard/LR Takeminekata/B King Bubblie//LL Kirin or something? On my phone so can't come up with a better example, but x6x5x3 sounds tasty.
    Yeah, but honestly the utility of this is questionable, IMO. It's nice in theory-land, but in practical terms I won't be in any hurry to add King Shynee or Sandalphon to my L/L Ra team. I'd rather have all-around strong utility subs.

I mean, it might make sense if you have exactly the right set of subs, but I don't think I'm seeing it.

e: But who knows what kind of crazy bosses will come next, eh? When there's something I can't 1- or 2-shot, well...
    Last edited by obryn; 2014-10-10 at 10:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

Made a few rolls and ended up with red valk, a duplicate Kirin, and a third U&Y. Huh.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    Made a few rolls and ended up with red valk, a duplicate Kirin, and a third U&Y. Huh.
    Know what goes well with U&Y? More U&Y.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't know how/if this will affect me, frankly. I won't switch him to a Healer team, won't add a Healer booster, and probably won't use him on my LMeta team.

Damnnnnnn. Lol my 3K gods got a boost too xD. That Ra subtype was unexpected. The egyptian Pharaoh a healer...

Know what goes well with U&Y? More U&Y.
    Yeah... his UY is gonna be godly. Use it like you would a RSonia team. Since his rcv is so high lol. 3x UY and Yomi and Sunquan. That team sounds extremely op....

Kinda lost on th whole RSonia thing. If the 6 combo and above gives a good multiplier it be good, but if its low, then that defeats the purpose of her row enhancements... whole board perfect clear is 5 combos and sometimes no skyfall... and RCV down to 2x... on a devil team, thats a hit on the stalling.
    Last edited by Academia; 2014-10-10 at 11:33 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

That Ra subtype was unexpected. The egyptian Pharaoh a healer...
    Yeah, I mean, thanks, GungHo, but I dunno how big a difference it will make for my own game.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    I stalked puzzledragonx looking for specific builds to take on various descends and such, and tried to replicate the teams that were within my reach. In fact, I continued to do that for a long time even after coming here (still do that, actually). The lame part is that it stunts creativity, in that the focus on building the teams is misdirected. The proper way would be for me to look at the pieces I have, look at the dungeon and what's in it, and then try and piece together a team that should be able to tackle it.

I was VERY hung up on just clearing anything and everything immediately, and kept looking for cookie cutter team builds to do just that. Thankfully I've gotten past that.) Patience is key, or you'll either get frustrated and quit or even end up like me and spend way too much money in the game due to impatience (and addiction I guess lol). There was definitely a way stronger feeling of accomplishment after struggling to clear things for the first time. Keep at it and you'll get there.

Take stock of the pieces that you have, figure out a team that you'd like to work with, and strengthen the cards on that team. It will take patience and time tho, especially if you don't go IAP like I did.
    Well said! You did have a good reason for looking though, since rolling like a madman both 1. made it hard for you to keep track of all your monsters and think about how they fit and 2. let you have the components for most of the suggested teams. General builds are a lot less helpful when your monster choices are limited.

Patience is also a very important point. Unless the dropped monster plays a crucial role on your team, a lot of times descends are better tackled later when you have more levels, more subs, more skillups, more +eggs, more understanding of the game, and better orbing skill. Projects can easily take a month or two (or more!) but the good thing is you can work on many of them at the same time. Even at rank 290, I haven't beaten Trifruits, Noah, Wadatsumi, Hera-Sowilo, HardXuanzhang, HardGaia, Hera-Beorc, Dragon Zombie, Izanami, Beelzebub, Takeminakata, HardTengu, Hera-ur, HardDraggie, or Zeus Dios. But I'll do that eventually :)

I actually die more with rsonia in mythicals than with my kirin.... dont ask me how.

1. Cause your Kirin team has more eggs/skillups, 2. You're used to blitz playstyle instead of snailing invincibility, and 3. If you're good enough Kirin will be stronger.

I was more thinking of using Athena for quickfarming - there's no Zeuses on my list anymore and only 6 valks, but something like 20 Athenas...2x Athena + Verch + Red + Blue + Green = pretty quick kills up to SS. A good team could probably do SS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    For me, Ronia has actually been very solid. There aren't too many dungeons that she can't handle (altho she can't take Legendary Earth and Legendary Seaway...meh). But I do know it's stunted my growth in the game, or at least has slowed it down. I have noticed that I'm getting better at orbing tho. Still scared to try Ra. lol
    Zeus Dios? Izamami? Hera Beorc, Sandalphon (if you don't have Thanatos), Wadatsumi, Zeus Vulcan (risky first wave), and Noah are all difficult for Ronia. It might be a difference in definition though - for me a team that can 'handle' a dungeon will be able to clear it 90%+ of the time no stone, preferably on the harder difficulty. If you're willing to use stones...most teams would be able to clear most dungeons. Oh yeah Herarush/Godrush but those are hard for everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
    so I can burn through OoH quicker - no stalling would be glorious).
    You could always dust off your Horus - putting cuchu in is pretty much a guaranteed 10 turn clear - I've been doing that ever since I cleared highlander descended.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Also, while it's not important in any sort of way, I figure I should mention to you SiuiS that Horus is not my main anymore. He's used often, but Lmeta is definitely my main nowadays, I use her for everything that I can, and quite often for things that I shouldn't/can't, lol. I've truly become a Healer Girl person.

Just need 2 more stamina and I can run Hera's dungeon 3x in a single bar of stamina, which isn't bad at all.

I am sadly losing a ton of box space though because I am the dragon guy and I just can't bear to get rid of all the dragons I've gained(obviously any copies do get fed off). If I manage to get my Ra the next time he's featured in a Godfest I may have to go Jasmines route and sink a ton of stones into box space, maybe go from 300 to 400 spaces altogether.

And finally, I'm back to not sure what to use my Tamadra on
    Sad to see you drop Horus, but (this will make Aca laugh) at least it's not for Ronia!

You could probably start on Hera now or in a rank - you'll regen 1 or 2 stam by the time you finish the first 2 runs (assuming you're stoning, which is the only reason to wait)

I kept all my dragons too! I think 2/3 of the monsters in my favorites are biweekly dragons/legendary level evo mats/tamas.

What was your padherder again?

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    edit: Jasmine I checked on both accounts and the top message was the tamadra and the second was the stone.

But the news from the JP stream is very interesting
    Thanks and very interesting indeed. Would help all the people complaining about Horus being useless as a sub. Although his skillup mon has nice stats and is also a fire chicken fire orb enhancing attacker so ehh...wish he was physical instead, but that might make him a bit too OP. The buffs to descend mons could be helpful too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    I figured I'd do two more rolls for the sake of my silly Haku quest, and what comes out? AA Michael and Sasuke. So, sorry, Jasmine, clearly you were 100% right, and the universe agrees that I should really be running GZL.
    Congratulations! You might have difficulties finding friend leaders cause his team is hard to build, but if you can he is going to carry you very far. Dmeta 2.0!

You make really...weird...teams.

Kinda lost on th whole RSonia thing. If the 6 combo and above gives a good multiplier it be good, but if its low, then that defeats the purpose of her row enhancements... whole board perfect clear is 5 combos and sometimes no skyfall... and RCV down to 2x... on a devil team, thats a hit on the stalling.
    Probably giving Ronia a skill branch instead of a direct upgrade because she's already too strong. Honestly no one else has a 6.25 unconditional multiplier, with good stats/awakenings/skill to boot. I mean there's Ra's 7x for matching one of each color, Robin's 8x for 10 combo, Anubis's 7x+ for 9+ combo, Kushis 6.5x+ for 13+ combo...but Ronia breaks the skill/reward relationship. This quasi-Kushi mechanic of a small return with a bigger bonus to reward skilled play looks pretty promising - it may also increase the desirability of Haku on Ronia teams (2 rows of main color, assorted combos)

Minirant of the day - The dub myths in KoG keep dropping coin chests >:\ Not that I need any more dubs but they're nice and shiny and oohhh shinyyyy
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2014-10-10 at 01:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    You make really...weird...teams.
    I guess so. What I was aiming for there was mostly non-REM, physical type, with a light attribute. Obviously you can switch that around however you like as long as you keep five-color coverage. Bubblie is there for bursting (though x30 is pretty solid on its own), the rest are there mostly for the above attributes. It's nowhere near optimum, sure, but I was mostly just pointing out that five-color physical with LD Ra can be a thing.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Courtesy pull:

Drall.

That'll teach me.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Carnival pull: Marine Rider. Would be neat if I wound up with Urd at some point I guess?

Iikely won't ult my Ronia, my teams for her are already built for rowhances. Would need to rearrange too many subs to try and be a combo count leader instead (oth, if you like the combo leader play style, a combo leader with an always on 2x fallback multiplier sounds like it might be pretty good?)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, but I assume the 6 combo is to be something like 2-3x, which would be 4/2 or 6/2 and that would be really good. 2x RCV isn't as good as 2.5x for sure, but it is still mostly enough.

And a fake edit because this post took so long, there is a translation change in what was said about RSonia:
    LS: 2.5x ATK/RCV to Devil types, ATK boost after 6+ combos (YamaP's wording on stream was "Unchanged from 2x atk/rcv, with the addition of ATK boost after 6+ combo" *1)

*1 "「悪魔タイプの攻撃と回復が2倍、ここまで変わりません。6コンボ以上で攻撃力がさらにアップ。 」"

Yeah, I mean, thanks, GungHo, but I dunno how big a difference it will make for my own game.
    Of course most of the higher multiplier leaders don't need type bonuses to get enough damage to kill things. But at this point Ra and Horus were pretty much the only gods without a sub-type.
    And while Horus does fit in just the same as Phoenix, he is significantly better in everything but RCV. I think Ra would fit well onto a healer team too, while his active is not always useful there are a lot of dungeons that do make use of it and he has a good 400-600 HPs more than most of your other healer choices.
    And the Physical version has really high RCV for a physical monster so that will make them more well rounded.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I think Ra would fit well onto a healer team too, while his active is not always useful there are a lot of dungeons that do make use of it and he has a good 400-600 HPs more than most of your other healer choices.
    Well, admittedly, stacking a supermax LL Ra (4045 / 1675 / 893) onto my LMeta team does sound kinda fun. It's just painful to lose access to a more-useful Active, a prong, or a light row, you know? (+time is sweet, though)