New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG IX: We Keep Score With Bragging Rights! Many Prowess, Such Revolutio

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Edit: Something for Morph/Wombat just to note: since there is no region list on the first page any more and the Lands of Telluris thread only has links to posts within that thread, links to a few region posts are no longer easily available. Most of them are NPCs although it includes Calorum. They're all still in the VIII thread OP, but it might be worth Wombat's updating the Lands thread with external links as well when he returns from whatever trivial and unimportant business he's up to at the moment to cater to our every whim as is only right and proper.
    The one in thread VIII is so far behind that I'd rather just leave it, though there is that handful that hasn't been updated to the Lands thread yet. The Lands thread version of the region list is also a small bit behind at the same time. If someone would be willing to at least find out which of the two lists is more up to date where and reconcile those differences then I could take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    They are the spirits of the Cloudiz that died in the Cataclysm, seeking purpose in death. Nothing wrong there right?
    One step short of shouting "for the Emperor!" in the voice of a Space Marine.

If the Imperium did not have a sizeable amount of good dwarven citizens, I'd almost rechristen the Salterri Imperium as the Imperium of Man.

As for power armor: the armor is the easy part, but I figure most people going for power armor have the power part not really be the armor getting powered, rather more the person inside deriving power from the armor instead.

Besides, all the developments, tech or otherwise, that I had in mind for the Salterri--both on my own and devised with Rizban--could easily be explained with good reason by going Tellurian Spiral Power.

On a more serious bust just as truthful level, I did advertise Empire way at the beginning in several threads, including the Warhammer 40K, World of Darkness and Exalted threads. This because it'd be more interesting to also have some influences from those rather than merely D&D and human history.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG IX: We Keep Score With Bragging Rights! Many Prowess, Such Revolutio

You know, it didn't really bother me until I started listening to skeptic conferences and blogs, but these days I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the whole notion of magic tech. When you combine methodological reasoning and experimentation with lucid dream logic word salad, you just wind up with lucid dream logic word salad that wears the trappings of something that makes actual sense.

So, you want "Magitech Powered Armor"? Sure, that's easy enough, but you might just as well call it by its more common name, "An Enchanted Suit of Armour".
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2014-10-12 at 02:25 PM.
    ...with a vengeance!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

They are the spirits of the Cloudiz that died in the Cataclysm, seeking purpose in death. Nothing wrong there right?

Building: Yes, Weapons: Only 6 known Shintouite weapons exist, Vehicles: Yeah...nope, Toilets and Sewers:......That is just unProwessfull, of course we do not do that.

In short, we only supply Shintouite to those who the Kasumori deem worthy. And on that note, your Shintouite supply is kind off in danger Sam.
    My Shintouite supply is in danger...? I don't think I've done anything recently to offend you so I'm kind of confused as to why. Explain?
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    You know, it didn't really bother me until I started listening to skeptic conferences and blogs, but these days I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the whole notion of magic tech. When you combine methodological reasoning and experimentation with lucid dream logic word salad, you just wind up with lucid dream logic word salad that wears the trappings of something that makes actual sense.

So, you want "Magitech Powered Armor"? Sure, that's easy enough, but you might just as well call it by its more common name, "An Enchanted Suit of Armour".
    That's not necessarily fair. If the same magic can be used in the same way to accomplish the same effect on a consistent basis, it is absolutely a technology. It's just not one that exists in real life. Further, using "magical" materials with consistent properties in your technology would still be technological. For example, Glazfell has produced an innovation on plate armor that's somewhat more ergonomic than equivalent-period plate was in real life by trapping a layer of Cavor Oil into the hauberk. A little bit like attaching a large helium balloon to the helmet, except more evenly distributed over the body and less silly-looking. This could absolutely be described as magitech, given that it is technology that incorporates magic.

(You're right that just applying magic runes to armor sounds suspiciously like regular old enchantment, though.)

My Shintouite supply is in danger...? I don't think I've done anything recently to offend you so I'm kind of confused as to why. Explain?
    It probably has to do with our alliance. But that's fine. If Hurosha wants to alienate their old allies, that's fine by me.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-10-12 at 02:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Your quite close ties with the Glazfell and the Tzaltec. You haven't done anything to offend me directly no, and you've always been a staunch ally and a good friend, but bad emotions are brewing and Hurosha is getting nervous. So don't worry, you're not immediately cut off or anything :P.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    My prowess in transporting waste is unmatched!
    What? But I got a sa......wait, Gwristin got a sandstone import. Eehh....hhmmm. That means Kasumor does not have sewers. Redirecting Sandstone import this round. Gwistin can make its sewer out of Quartz or something.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-10-12 at 02:41 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Your quite close ties with the Glazfell and the Tzaltec. You haven't done anything to offend me directly no, and you've always been a staunch ally, but emotions are brewing and Hurosha is getting nervous. So don't worry, you're not immediately cut off or anything :P.
    Well, I'd decidedly like to not have the Concordat and Hurosha go to war... that would be unpleasant on a large scale. To be honest that'd basically be a world war, and even worse... IT"D DISRUPT TRADE ROUTES. *Guilderene Prince faints*

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

7. - Top - End - #67

Well, I'd decidedly like to not have the Concordat and Hurosha go to war... that would be unpleasant on a large scale. To be honest that'd basically be a world war, and even worse... IT"D DISRUPT TRADE ROUTES. *Guilderene Prince faints*
    OH THE HUGE MANATEE!

In all serieusness though, nothing is certain yet. And I do not want to make you mad OC, I like Rping with you.

Btw, Blade, I'm sending you a letter tomorrow. Just a small notice in a nutshell:

Spoiler: Blade Only
    Show
    Basically, Wayve is going to disagree your proposal to come to your lands. Instead he is going to propose a more neutral ground to discuss things. He will probably propose either Guilder or one of Lyradis' regions. Would your ruler agree to such a thing?
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-10-12 at 02:45 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

What? But I got a sa......wait, Gwristin got a sandstone import. Eehh....hhmmm. That means Kasumor does not have sewers. Redirecting Sandstone import this round. Gwistin can make its sewer out of Quartz or something.
    ...Wait, isn't Gwistin where the Meinhirin are from? Do they even need to poop?

In all seriousness though, nothing is certain yet. And I do not want to make you mad OOC, I like Rping with you.

Btw, Blade, I'm sending you a letter tomorrow. Just a small notice in a nutshell:

Spoiler: Blade Only
    Show
    Basically, Wayve is going to disagree your proposal to come to your lands. Instead he is going to propose a more neutral ground to discuss things. He will probably propose either Guilder or one of Lyradis' regions. Would your ruler agree to such a thing?
    Eh, OOC anger shmanger. We're all friends here, and trying to murder you/burn cities down IC does not mean I dislike you, nor am I so attached to my ivory tower that I would fly into a rage were the same done to me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guilder most likely, given that Sam's more active and more likely to consent as a host. But yes, she might be persuaded to show up so long as the letter is halfway respectful.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-10-12 at 05:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    The one in thread VIII is so far behind that I'd rather just leave it, though there is that handful that hasn't been updated to the Lands thread yet. The Lands thread version of the region list is also a small bit behind at the same time. If someone would be willing to at least find out which of the two lists is more up to date where and reconcile those differences then I could take it from there.
    Here you go. I used Wombat's list as it's more up-to-date although there are a lot of blank rows that might want to be removed. Also the way Wombat originally organised it, the links go to the main kingdom post rather than to the individual regions, but in some cases (mostly to do with Calorum and recent acquisitions from NPCs) the regions are actually spread across multiple posts in different threads so I've linked those to the region posts as appropriate.

Since Wombat's table didn't include a player column I've done a separate table indicating which player is in charge of what as well, which might be easier to keep updated anyway.

Spoiler: Tables
    Show
    A region number with an A after the number is an aboveground region that has another region situation below them, an underground region with the same number with a B (A for “above”, B for “below”).

Region Number
    Region Name
    Kingdom
    P1 Mictlanpa Hurosha Empire - Calorum (Lesser Vassal)
    P2 Wenyavuk Hurosha Empire - Faedas Freehold (Greater Vassal)
    P3 Krepida The Glazfelli Hegemony - Sympolemou (Lesser Vassal)
    P6
    P7
    P8 Tletica Hurosha Empire - Calorum (Lesser Vassal)
    U1 Abyssian Sea Nixdarum
    U2
    U11
    1 Gunung Hurosha Empire
    2A Celero The Kingdom of Celero
    2B Bereginia The Kingdom of Celero
    3 Nyroth The Triumvirate
    4A Kasumor Hurosha Empire
    4B Shikurai Hurosha Empire
    5A The Heartwaste Faedas Freehold
    5B Eyrecradia Razdis
    6 Woodwind The Triumvirate
    7A Calorum Hurosha Empire - Calorum (Lesser Vassal)
    7B Gwrîstîn Hurosha Empire
    8A Aloren The Triumvirate
    8B K'braashriix The Triumvirate
    9 Genivana The Triumvirate
    10 Hrathan-Tuor The Triumvirate
    11A Raaneka Empire of Dawn - Raaneka (Lesser Vassal)
    11B Ayava Empire of Dawn - Raaneka (Lesser Vassal)
    12 Qarimos Empire of Dawn - Raaneka (Lesser Vassal)
    13A Lyradis Empire of Dawn - Serendel (Liege)
    13B Razdis Razdis
    14A Guilder Empire of Dawn - Guilder (Greater Vassal)
    14B Elbaraz Razdis
    15A Zargrim Hurosha Empire
    15B Keldagrim Hurosha Empire
    16A Pryonia Hurosha Empire - Calorum (Lesser Vassal)
    16B Galie-Noiret Hurosha Empire - Faedas Freehold (Greater Vassal)
    17A Tekorva Hurosha Empire - Faedas Freehold (Greater Vassal)
    17B Yorukuni Hurosha Empire - Faedas Freehold (Greater Vassal)
    18A Sympolemou The Glazfelli Hegemony - Sympolemou (Lesser Vassal)
    18B Aimplach The Glazfelli Hegemony - Sympolemou (Lesser Vassal)
    19 Domhan Abhaile Empire of Dawn - Serendel (Liege)
    20A Bordeux Kingdom of the Silver Moon
    20B - -
    21A Sulvan Primarchy Razdis
    21B - -
    22A Ashenia The Kingdom of Ashenia
    22B GERR...
    23 Crima Tyranny of New Crima
    24 Tar Ancestral Quill Unification Alliance
    25 The Jeweled Cities Ancestral Quill Unification Alliance
    26 Shengdi (formerly Cassia) Salterri Imperium (Liege)
    27 Scla'ca Imperial Alydaxan Dominion
    28 Hazaria The Kingdom of Ashenia
    29 Alydaxis Imperial Alydaxan Dominion
    30 Grizzland The Triumvirate
    31 Grmanhil Empire of Dawn - Serendel (Liege)
    32 Selyra Empire of Dawn - Serendel (Liege)
    33 Bracia Priory of Ascension
    34 Bor-Teire Priory of Ascension
    35 Salteire Priory of Ascension
    36 Aus-Teire Salterri Imperium (Liege)
    37 Pontensulae Salterri Imperium (Liege)
    38 Penoccident Salterri Imperium (Liege)
    39 Propinlonge The Kingdom of Celero
    40 Solus Imperial Alydaxan Dominion
    41 Glirfrey Imperial Alydaxan Dominion
    42 Arix'La Imperial Alydaxan Dominion
    43 Angan Anvale The Kingdom of Ashenia
    44 Kyaralath The Kingdom of Ashenia
    45A Lacertia The Kingdom of Ashenia
    45B Ascalaine The Kingdom of Ashenia
    46 Intepeuh The Kingdom of Ashenia
    47A Niskovia The Sovereign Principality of Niskovia
    47B Halja Fera
    48 Karintiya The Sovereign Principality of Niskovia
    49 Errelosse Kingdom of the Silver Moon
    50 Sycia Glazfelli Hegemony - Holy Kingdom of Sycia (Lesser Vassal)
    51 Felitora Glazfelli Hegemony - Holy Kingdom of Sycia (Lesser Vassal)
    52 Drugaud The Glazfelli Hegemony (Liege)
    53 Rannara Empire of Dawn - Guilder (Greater Vassal)
    54 Maos Empire of Dawn - Guilder (Greater Vassal)
    55 Sahra'a Empire of Dawn - Guilder (Greater Vassal)
    56 Skarval The Glazfelli Hegemony (Liege)
    57 Frosskov The Glazfelli Hegemony (Liege)
    58 Estglaz The Glazfelli Hegemony (Liege)
    59 Glazfell The Glazfelli Hegemony (Liege)
    60 Borlmyn Empire of Dawn - Serendel (Liege)
    61A Requiem Empire of Dawn - Serendel (Liege)
    61B Triumph Empire of Dawn - Serendel (Liege)
    62A Jarrland Salterri Imperium - Kingdom of the Carmine Sea (Greater Vassal)
    62B Asterith Salterri Imperium - Mularuhm (Greater Vassal)
    63A Discordia Salterri Imperium (Liege)
    63B Galardoth Salterri Imperium - Mularuhm (Greater Vassal)
    64A Vennland[/post] Salterri Imperium - Kingdom of the Carmine Sea (Greater Vassal)
    64B Mulharum Salterri Imperium - Mularuhm (Greater Vassal)
    65 Minotron Salterri Imperium - Caercian Consortium (Greater Vassal)
    66 Wyrmar Salterri Imperium - Caercian Consortium (Greater Vassal)
    67 Palas Caercia Salterri Imperium - Caercian Consortium (Greater Vassal)
    68A Pavonia Grand Duchy of Pavonia
    68B Norogh Grand Duchy of Pavonia
    69A Farridon Salterri Imperium - Kingdom of the Carmine Sea (Greater Vassal)
    69B Riderock Salterri Imperium - Mularuhm (Greater Vassal)
    70 Valterre Kingdom of the Silver Moon
    71 Malkavan Kingdom of the Silver Moon
    74 Kaspiyskiya The Sovereign Principality of Niskovia
    75 Land of the Last Clockwork Waltz Fera
    76A Neo Scandza [post=17517002]Fera[/post
    77 Valeriya The Sovereign Principality of Niskovia
    82 Haiwaste The Glazfelli Hegemony (Liege)
    84 Frontier Empire of Dawn - Guilder (Greater Vassal)
    85 Amocuallan The Tzaltec Empire
    86 Tzalteclan The Tzaltec Empire
    87 Elomaoli The Tzaltec Empire
    88 Niemidaland Salterri Imperium (Lesser Vassal)
    90 Galomyr The Kingdom of Celero
    91 Bloomenwald Isles AQUA
    92 Bjurnja Salterri Imperium - Caercian Consortium (Greater Vassal)
    93 Sterklev Salterri Imperium - Caercian Consortium (Greater Vassal)
    96 Promise Grand Duchy of Pavonia
    106 Nezetkharras The Tzaltec Empire
    120 Isles of Tepetl Kingdom of the Broken Enclave
    121 Sanglea Kingdom of Sanglea
    122 The Broken Enclave Kingdom of the Broken Enclave
    124 Tempestia Salterri Imperium - Kingdom of the Carmine Sea (Greater Vassal)
    126 Tuhiland Salterri Imperium - Kingdom of the Carmine Sea (Greater Vassal)
    127 Frios Grand Duchy of Pavonia
    130 The Sea of Glass Kingdom of Celero
    131 Novrania [post=18175750]Kingdom of Novrania]
    132 Indica Kingdom of the Silver Moon
    133 Rì Chūgǎng Jomani Kralstvo
    134 Nan Hai Nian Salterri Imperium - Nan Hai Nian (Lesser Vassal)
    135 Greatest Kingdom of Zuigou
    136 Greatest Kingdom of Zuigou
    138 Independent City States NPC (Jomani Kralstvo?)
    139 Alzeroth Alzeroth Collective

Spoiler: Stuff Already Determined
    Show
    Some regions are already partially determined in what resources or terrain features they have. If you are a new player to the game, you may contact Morph to see if the resources may be waived so you can use all of your own ideas for it. (As a new player you always start with 3 resources, so if a region listed below has less than 3, you always gain extra to bring you up to 3.)

The explorers from Ri Chugang discover a small nation of northern city-states, possibly bordering the realm of the Old Imperium. It contains one Good resource of fibrous flame and one Good resource of tangled lightning, which the mystical masters of the cities produce. The region has 59000 inhabitants and it has 1000 soldiers it recently raised when refugees from the west came in.

Ri Chugang has also encountered a larger remnant of the Old Imperium that calls itself the Greatest Kingdom of Zuiguo. Two of its regions have been discovered, one in the west and one to the southwest, northwest of Nia Hai Nian. The northern of the pair borders the city-states and has one Good resource of aimoh, a soothing drink, and one Good resource of ban-terato. It has 121.000 inhabitants. The southern region has one Good resource of nightcrackle lichen, one Good resource of spirit crickets and 99000 inhabitants, primarily composed of Dùn, a tailless reptilian race with hard-shelled backs. Both regions have 5000 soldiers.

The Ashenian Cave Divers bring back reports of vast tunnel systems under Lacertia and Ashenia! Underneath Lacertia they find one Good undefined resource and have yet had little contact with natives, who shy away in the darkness, but by estimations (which are surprisingly exact) come to 34000. Underneath Ashenia they find no resources, unless you count human-like fossilized remains as resources.

Player List

Kingdom
    Capital Region
    Player
    Kingdom of Calorum (Hurosha Vassal) Calorum Chief
    Faedas Freehold (Hurosha Vassal) Yorukuni Reggiejam
    Kingdom of the Iron Doctrine AKA Sympolemou (Glazfell Vassal) Sympolemou NPC (Vassal)
    Nixdarum The Abyssian Sea Sorrcerousflux
    Hurosha Empire Kasumor WaylanderX
    Kingdom of Celero Celero Logic
    Triumvirate (Federation) Aloren QuintonBeck, ImperatorV, zabbarot
    Royal Council of Raaneka (Empire of Dawn Vassal) Raaneka NPC
    Kingdom of Serendel/Empire of Dawn Selyra TheWombatofDoom
    Guilderene Expanse (Empire of Dawn Vassal) Maos SamBurke
    Razdissi Underpire Razdis NPC
    Kingdom of the Silver Moon Valterre Lord_Burch
    Kingdom of Ashenia Ashenia Elemental
    Tyranny of New Crima Crima DoomHat
    Ancestral Quill Unification Alliance (AQUA) The Jewelled Cities lt_murgen
    Salterri Imperium (Heartlands) Aus-Teire Morph Bark
    Imperial Alydaxian Dominion Alydaxis moossabi
    Priory of Ascension Salteire NPC
    Sovereign Principality of Niskovia Niskovia Kitsanth
    Holy Kingdom of Sycia (Glazfell Vassal) Sycia NPC
    Glazfelli Hegemony Glazfell BladeofObliviom
    Kingdom of Mularuhm (Salterri Vassal) Mularuhm RandoMan
    Kingdom of the Carmine Sea (Salterri Vassal) Jarrland Aedilred
    Caercian Consortium (Salterri Vassal) Palas Caercia DurkBlanston
    Grand Duchy of Pavonia Pavonia ReaderAt2046
    Fera (Niskovia Vassal) Halja Rain Dragon (NPC?)
    Kingdom of the Broken Enclave The Broken Enclave NPC
    Kingdom of Sanglea Sanglea NPC
    Kingdom of Novrania Novrania MintyNinja
    Jomani Kralstvo Ri Chugang NPC
    Greatest Kingdom of Zuigou Unknown NPC
    Alzeroth Collective Alzeroth Sgt. Cookie

There are very possibly still some errors or broken links: if anyone spots one please let me know. I've put in the links to the original posts in OOC threads for the Priory regions since their Lands of Telluris posts are gone, so they might be a bit out of date but I have a backup (and it's all on the wiki) if necessary.

I haven't credited partial colonisations or conquests.

Well, Kasumor might have sewers, they'd just be made out of Shintouite

(What would the logistics be of using sandstones in sewers? Would there be an erosion problem? I ask mostly out of interest. Any geologists around?)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    ...This also occurred to me.

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!
    That picture is one of my favourite things ever to emerge from the internet. (I first saw it like eight years ago, but I'm always pleased to see it again).
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-10-13 at 08:38 AM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

10. - Top - End - #70

One step short of shouting "for the Emperor!" in the voice of a Space Marine.

If the Imperium did not have a sizeable amount of good dwarven citizens, I'd almost rechristen the Salterri Imperium as the Imperium of Man.

As for power armor: the armor is the easy part, but I figure most people going for power armor have the power part not really be the armor getting powered, rather more the person inside deriving power from the armor instead.

Besides, all the developments, tech or otherwise, that I had in mind for the Salterri--both on my own and devised with Rizban--could easily be explained with good reason by going Tellurian Spiral Power.

On a more serious bust just as truthful level, I did advertise Empire way at the beginning in several threads, including the Warhammer 40K, World of Darkness and Exalted threads. This because it'd be more interesting to also have some influences from those rather than merely D&D and human history.
    My involvement in 40k actually predates my D&D involvement. I was actually expecting at the start of the game that we would eventually reach that level (gradually of course). One of the reasons I've not been very active in the tech debate is I like both fantasy and higher tech levels.

The Triumvirate has actually been planning for power armor based on Hai Vyuma for a loooong time (although calling it power armor is a bit of a stretch, what we were thinking is more like a metal golem with a person piloting it). I have some other more sophisticated plans for Vyuma and Osuric magic in general as well (just ask Quinton or Zab about the genre term I made up).

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

My involvement in 40k actually predates my D&D involvement. I was actually expecting at the start of the game that we would eventually reach that level (gradually of course). One of the reasons I've not been very active in the tech debate is I like both fantasy and higher tech levels.

The Triumvirate has actually been planning for power armor based on Hai Vyuma for a loooong time (although calling it power armor is a bit of a stretch, what we were thinking is more like a metal golem with a person piloting it). I have some other more sophisticated plans for Vyuma and Osuric magic in general as well (just ask Quinton or Zab about the genre term I made up).
    I've been looking forward to that as well... To be honest, right now it wouldn't be that hard, if you were willing to settle for an Edge-of-Tomorrow-Style power armor. Steam powered prosthetics can provide the intense strength that allows for more armor, then slap refrigeration on top for cooling, and bam, you've got the basic mech unit.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    I'd be willing to step forward and act as a tech gatekeeper. I've certainly dealt with this issue before, both in the Playground games and in certain iterations of Godhood. That experience is where most of my misgivings come from, really, as I've seen the endpoint of unrestrained rule-of-cool tech growth. Eventually someone will just cut out the middle man and invent Spiral Power, someone else invents Fungal Orcs, and then we're off to the races. And that's not me trying to knock the rapid tech players - in my experience there is a bizarre consistency in all games like this to progress towards a Warhammer 40k riff.
    Besides, all the developments, tech or otherwise, that I had in mind for the Salterri--both on my own and devised with Rizban--could easily be explained with good reason by going Tellurian Spiral Power. .
    Ahem.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

13. - Top - End - #73

Ahem.
    I fail to see the problem? Also, all my techs at least are perfectly logical given the pre-reqs.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Nonsense. Telluris' core is clearly the writhing, insensate body of a vast and alien demon whose offspring are slowly burrowing their way to the surface.
    Hmm... An adamantium-iron core and the body of an alien demon both explain the observed phenomena... We can't be certain until people start studying seismic waves and use them to map the inner structure of Telluris.

It's been strongly implied IIRC that Shintouite is infused with the trapped souls of Dead Cloudiz or something like that, so I doubt the core's made of it.

That said, I've been playing with the idea that Telluris' core is just sufficiently dense to grant Earthlike Gravity at the surface of the crust despite the planet's decreased radius. Because of the way gravity works, this means that gravity will increase as you go deeper (until you reach an equilibrium point where the pull of the ground above you is changing at the same rate as the pull of the ground below you) and decrease more rapidly than on earth as you ascend.
    Fair enough. Though I was only hypothesising that it made up a layer of the lowest part of the mantle. It's probably some other exotic rock or crystal down there instead.

I think we can all agree on that. I just like to speculate on its composition and we all know that adamantium is significantly more dense than more standard metals.

If that's the case there's something kind of horrifying about the way the Kasumori use shintouite so liberally for any imaginable purpose. Shintouite buildings, shintouite weapons, shintouite vehicles, shintouite toilets...
    Hmm... Maybe Ashenia acted too hastily when it lifted the ban on Ashmarism within the borders of the Kingdom...

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Wait... so we're building fortresses out of necromantic stone?
    Short answer, yes.
    Long answer, no because there was no dark magic involved in its creation. That we know of.

All in all, Ashenia is starting to look more and more sane than the people of the central continent as time progresses.

IT"D DISRUPT TRADE ROUTES. *Guilderene Prince faints*
    Quick! Get the imported smelling salts!

There are very possibly still some errors or broken links: if anyone spots one please let me know.
    You're missing 22b and 45b, the first being Under Ashenia and as yet unnamed and the latter being Under Lacertia and known as Ascalaine and part of the Kingdom of Ashenia. I just haven't written up its description yet because I'm a lazy so and so.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    You're missing 22b and 45b, the first being Under Ashenia and as yet unnamed and the latter being Under Lacertia and known as Ascalaine and part of the Kingdom of Ashenia. I just haven't written up its description yet because I'm a lazy so and so.
    Shame on you!

I'll add Ascalaine and mark 22B down as part of Ashenia (assuming it is?). I remembered Ascalaine was a place but couldn't work out where it was.

I'll also remove the rows for regions that theoretically exist but aren't on the map.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Awesome, I've been looking forward to it.

@Blade, do your people still tell stories about that awful ritual that took King Hroar's eye? (also his son... that's probably important too)
    The silver eyes might be immediately recognizable... or at least a bad omen or something, not sure how your guys feel about Radurja now-a-days. At least Glamora was friends with Shvedri, so maybe that helps relations a tiny bit
    There are still stories, but most of the demonization is attached to the Lord of Fire for doing the actual damage and Tendaji himself for being arrogant enough to so directly channel a deity. Most of the attitudes toward Radurja are pretty much what you'd expect in a monotheistic culture toward a syncretic polytheistic one. ("Yphine is just a bigger drop in the ocean? What poppycock!")

On a side note, Hroar didn't actually lose an eye. His face got burnt up pretty good, but he still had two functional eyes.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Aedilred if you want to put that nation listing in this thread I'm finding it quite useful for tracking the various things we have going on. Might be nice to put the latest population by nation breakdown over there too if you still have it.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Shame on you!

I'll add Ascalaine and mark 22B down as part of Ashenia (assuming it is?). I remembered Ascalaine was a place but couldn't work out where it was.
    Ascalaine is part of Ashenia, but 22B is not. I'd like it to be, so if you feel like giving it to me through tabulation error, then by all means proceed.

There are still stories, but most of the demonization is attached to the Lord of Fire for doing the actual damage and Tendaji himself for being arrogant enough to so directly channel a deity. Most of the attitudes toward Radurja are pretty much what you'd expect in a monotheistic culture toward a syncretic polytheistic one. ("Yphine is just a bigger drop in the ocean? What poppycock!")
    Ashenia likewise opposes Radurja due to the hubris of its priesthood. They're responsible for a lot of innocent deaths (including at least one child) and if things continue, it's only a matter of time before some arrogant Radurjic King decides to raise up another deity or powerful spirit and get a whole bunch of people killed.
    The prohibition on Radurjic thought and philosophy in Ashenia is as much a public safety thing as it is a means to stop the spread of a religion they consider blasphemous.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To those awaiting responses in the Hundred Seas Conference, I'm sorry to report that I got rather sick over the weekend and tomorrow is a holiday. I'll have a response up Tuesday night, at the latest.

Also, on my way to Frost Moon still, just been very busy. I can see why rounds are 2 weeks now.

20. - Top - End - #80

Eh, OOC anger shmanger. We're all friends here, and trying to murder you/burn cities down IC does not mean I dislike you, nor am I so attached to my ivory tower that I would fly into a rage were the same done to me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guilder most likely, given that Sam's more active and more likely to consent as a host. But yes, she might be persuaded to show up so long as the letter is halfway respectful.
    The Menhîrin work differently where food is concerned. They use minerals and metals as a food resource, hence the sandstone.

Alrighty then, I'll send ya a PM one of these days.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

This all looks pretty cool, and frankly since I stopped playing Nationstates I've been itching to flex my freeform worldbuilding muscles. Is this the place to tag interest or is there a specific thread for claiming land and putting my name out?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

This is the place. There is a list of regions in my post above (#69) which I think is the most up-to-date we have. Those not belonging to a player at the moment are left blank in the "kingdom" column although some of those are currently being conquered or claimed (which wouldn't stop you taking it).

There are also a few established NPCs knocking around if you wanted to take over one of them, although that would obviously require working with the existing background rather than writing your own from scratch. Again, some of them are currently being claimed by players, but I guess if you were to take one over that would obviate the claims.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

He is, I believe, currently 90-91.

If that's the case there's something kind of horrifying about the way the Kasumori use shintouite so liberally for any imaginable purpose. Shintouite buildings, shintouite weapons, shintouite vehicles, shintouite toilets...
    According to the wiki, which I beleive was borrowed from my timeline, Jonas Grant was born in 366. I would attribute his longevity to the Islander diet (fish, fruit, rice) and decades of extensive training in both combat forms and Radjura Theosophic practices.

Hmm... An adamantium-iron core and the body of an alien demon both explain the observed phenomena.
    Which matches quite well with the Kina origin story of fighting a demon at the beginning of the world....
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-10-13 at 08:59 AM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, I had my eyes on region 108, if there's nothing of major concern going on there. There's a lot of confusing things being thrown about, do I need to contact anyone specific about these claims? What resources are afforded to me, or do I make that decision myself, and what about rulers? I see some of them have stats to their names, am I delving too deep, will these all be explained in due course?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Acco Spoot View Post
    Well, I had my eyes on region 108, if there's nothing of major concern going on there. There's a lot of confusing things being thrown about, do I need to contact anyone specific about these claims? What resources are afforded to me, or do I make that decision myself, and what about rulers? I see some of them have stats to their names, am I delving too deep, will these all be explained in due course?
    Well, I can tell you a little about 108. It's bordering my lands to the west and Guilder's to the southwest. When it was first discovered, an army of 10,000 Orcs popped out and tried to invade me, with disastrous results for them. The tattered remnants of their army flew back into that region and sat there for a while. Just last round I attempted to launch a (very late) counterattack, settling that old thing once and for all with a duel rather than engaging in a sure slaughter. Alas, their Warchief (Khaboss? 106 had a Khaboss) managed to defeat my General Caris in a duel due to some seriously unlucky rolls, and it would now be something of a dishonor to continue the invasion attempt.

So 108 is definitely an Orcish sort of Kingdom without any special technologies or stuff (though IIRC it might have special resources that would be overridden by the three new player resources if you didn't want them), and is in kind of a weird position where there's a semi-hostile military superpower on its doorstep that can't invade without looking really bad IC.

Though they would probably take credit for "inspiring" them and extend a second offer of vassalage if the Orcs there were to suddenly civilize and form a nation.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-10-13 at 09:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick! Get the imported smelling salts!
    And bring him the foreign chaise-lounge to fall upon!

You should probably talk to both me and Blade, as we're the major powers in the area... I don't think you'd crimp either of our style though, so there's no worries. In fact, we're likely to extend an offer of alliance to you...

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

A link to the rules might help; I forgot we didn't have one in the OP any more. The rules will eventually be here but there are some rewrites going on and in the meantime the latest version is here (posts 2 and 3). That should give you information on starting out, how to create a region and a ruler, and so forth. Essentially, the region writeup contains basic information about your country, including the people and their religion, three terrain features, three native resources and one resource they're required to import. It also tells you how to generate your first ruler and how the attribute scores work.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

28. - Top - End - #88

Btw Aedilred, Region U11 is colonized by me and has a region post. Its name is Cuen I've added the region post to the Lands thread for convenience and obcure culture zizzle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So 108 is definitely an Orcish sort of Kingdom without any special technologies or stuff (though IIRC it might have special resources that would be overridden by the three new player resources if you didn't want them), and is in kind of a weird position where there's a semi-hostile military superpower on its doorstep that can't invade without looking really bad IC.
    That fits a little of what I had in mind for backstory, wildmen settled deep in the mountains, a beleaguered and weary local populace of humans, a noble class who are bound by their apathy, basically a challenge to try and turn around. Does that fit with ye?

You should probably talk to both me and Blade, as we're the major powers in the area... I don't think you'd crimp either of our style though, so there's no worries. In fact, we're likely to extend an offer of alliance to you...
    Sure, I'll play the ally game. There anything more to add to the political situation, your two powers on equal footing with eachother or is it more a tense sort of buildup of power in the region?

A link to the rules might help; I forgot we didn't have one in the OP any more. The rules will eventually be here but there are some rewrites going on and in the meantime the latest version is here (posts 2 and 3). That should give you information on starting out, how to create a region and a ruler, and so forth. Essentially, the region writeup contains basic information about your country, including the people and their religion, three terrain features, three native resources and one resource they're required to import. It also tells you how to generate your first ruler and how the attribute scores work.
    Thank you!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Btw Aedilred, Region U11 is colonized by me and has a region post. Its name is Cuen I've added the region post to the Lands thread for convenience and obcure culture zizzle.
    It's only half-colonised, though, isn't it? iirc by convention half-colonised regions are still open to being claimed by new players.

Sure, I'll play the ally game. There anything more to add to the political situation, your two powers on equal footing with eachother or is it more a tense sort of buildup of power in the region?
    Guilder and Glazfell are allied, although the political situation is kind of complicated at the moment (Guilder's traditional allies don't get on with its new ones).
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-10-13 at 09:50 AM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)