1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Paddyfool: http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=48592
    Amiria: http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=6623
    Ozzy_G: http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net/view.php?id=48404
    Skenardo: http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=6658
    OOC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t=30869&page=3

(Greetings. I am the Guardian Angel of Hope. I will be watching over you on your journey. Yes, you will be going on a journey. The journey will go over mountains, under the ground, and across oceans. You will be taken through the sands of time, you will stride through the tower of the ages, and you will be touched by the light of divinity. All thanks to your own spark of divinity. Keep this spark. Guard it. It will be the thing that will allow you to fight, survive, win, and eventually restore the light to the spreading darkness. So is the prophecy of Hope.)

The streets of Sapphire port is busy as usual. Named because of the large blue sea it lies next to, and known for its size and grandness. Everywhere people are bustling back and forth, bartering as if their life depended on it. There really is nothing that can't be found in this city. Baztikk, Lisaa, Sasha and Bronsk are all wandering one of the main streets of Sapphire port. The street is filled with voices and people yelling and talking, however the talking suddenly stills as a commotion breaks out by the guard station. Those close enough can see that a young girl is arguing with one of the guards from the station.

"It is true. I promise. Please, I beg you. You have to help me." The girl pleads innocently.

"Shut up." The guard replies, as he brutally slaps the child across the face, causing her to bleed from her lips. "We are very buzy here, and we don't have time to kids and your pets."

"But." The girl tries to object but is shoved to the ground by the guard.

"Didn't you hear what I told you? Now get out of here before I arrest you for causing a ruccus."

(Sapphire port is plagued by bandits who pay orphans and street urchins to bother and distract the guards of the city, so that thieving becomes easier. Children also have very few rights in Sotonia unless they come from wealthy families. Most children living on the streets have very little chance of surviving to adulthood on their own.)
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-04-22 at 01:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Bronsk Sieffson

The lean young Nord with the ragged brown hair watches the scene awkwardly. A patch on his shirtsleeve in the shape of a cross with a green leaf marks him as a professional healer and herbalist. His garb is simple, but well worn from travel.
    Breaks my heart to see these things happen. And one so young, too...
    After a few more seconds' indecision, he walks to the guard station, and offers a hand to the child.
    "Here," as he speaks, the man's voice is rough and accented. "Let me help hyu up."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl looks up at Bronsk uncertainly. "Th-thanks." She stutters and stumbles to her feet with the aid of Bronsk. "P-please. You have to help me."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha Corrine

Sasha was a couple yards from the incident as it unfolded; she was perched on a small bench, arranging the multitude of scrolls within her backpack so it wouldn't lean to a side. Those who've spend some time in Sapphire Port have seen this girl running errands for a local wizard. Indeed, though few knew her by name, most knew the young blonde woman, barely an adult herself, by sight. Her clothing was a simple robe ensemble, a pastel blue that matched her eyes and cinched with a simple white belt. Although a dagger was tucked into the belt, this was mostly for sure; tucked in by her right hand was an ivory wand, most likely a much more dangerous weapon in her hands than a dagger of any kind. Despite her profession, a silver holy symbol hangs from her neck, declaring her to be a follower of Isis.

As the incident unfolds, Sasha mostly keeps her eyes lowered; she's never been one for confrontations, particularly since some guards considered her young enough to be a nuisance still. Despite this, as the woman shoulders her more comfortable backpack and carefully picks up a stately raven from the ground, apparently her familiar, she sneers at the guards. "Thank the gods we have such big, strong men to protect us from sweet, innocent children." She sneers angrily, her voice rising somewhat more than she intended.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk

The healer raises an eyebrow. "What's wrong? Iz someone ill?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa Silvershadow

Lisaa walks through the street with the hood of her cloak pulled up when the agitated voices makes her aware of the ongoings at the guard station. She stops and watches as the guard pushes the girl to the ground.

As the two humans meddle in the dispute to aid the girl, Lisaa approaches the group. The small, cloaked figure glares at the guard from under the hood and speaks with a melodic, female voice. "What has she done that requires such rudeness ? She just needs some help !"
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The brute of a guard turns towards Lisaa. "This is none of your business stranger." The guard replies before pushing himself through the crowd and back into the guard station.

Meanwhile, the girl tries to explain the situation to Bronsk, but she stutters and repeats herself. "Yes. Y-you see t-t-that m-m-my dog and, and, and." She swallows. "M-Mia and, and. There w-was this s-s-sound you see, and t-then all t-these s-s-stones began to f-fall down. And, and... please you h-have to save Mia."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk looks alarmed, his shaggy eyebrows leaping up on his face.
    "Someone iz hurt, yah? Lead me to him, maybe not much time!" He frowns and looks around, thinking quickly.
    If she can be moved, it may take more than one person.
    "Lady," he says, suddenly, pointing a dye-stained finger at the oddly-cloaked lady. "If hyu feel pity, come and help! Thiz one says there's someone hurt by rocks."
    Bronsk glances briefly at the other person to enter the scene, but then shakes his head
    No more than a child herself. No sense getting her involved too.
    "Lead!" He says to the girl, his hands already sorting through the pouches along the bulky belt at his waist. "I will follow."

9. - Top - End - #9

Lisaa

The slender woman turns to the healer with the accent. "I heard it. Yes, I will help." She removes the hood of her cloak and looks around to see if any others want to join them before her expectant gaze falls on the child.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

The shaggy-haired young man goggles at the elf in front of him, how that the hood has been removed.
    By Ingshath! Such beauty!
    He looks down hastily, conscious that he's been staring, and mumbles
    "Thank hyu, M'Lady."
    A soft but insistent growl rings inside Bronsk's head
    Keep hold of your wits, you addled Bugbear! You've seen elves before!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl seems to finally have regained her composure, and she smiles joyfully at the prospect of receiving help. "Yes. Thankyou, thankyou." She begins to pull Bronsk after her towards the exit of the city.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

Even as the apprentice gathered her things and prepared to leave, her eyes stay on the young girl. Most children, after pestering the guard, disappear... this one had found two strangers, and seemed to be talking to them, rather excitedly. "I wonder what's wrong?" She asks the raven in her hands, who blinks and stays silent. Transferring the raven to her shoulder, she hurries over, dodging through the crowd with minor difficulty.

"Excuse me? Is everything all right?" When she reaches the man and the elf, she looks down at them quite curiously. Although young, she's quite tall and stands with her shoulders back, eyeing the people curiously. "I just wanted to know if she needs help..."
    Last edited by Little_Rudo; 2007-01-07 at 04:07 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Lisaa

Lisaa follows the girl and the healer and looks over her shoulder to the young woman. "Yes, there is probably someone hurt, maybe in a collapsed building." The elf quickens her steps and overtakes the girl to look her in the eyes. "What happened ? Did something collapse ?"

((Maybe roll Sense Motive for me if she answers my questions.))
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-07 at 05:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nonono. No building. In the mountains. Me and Mia and my dog was there, and then suddenly there was a rockslide, and Mia and my dog was trapped in a cave under it, and Mia asked me to run for help, and, and I can't get her out from underneath the rocks on my own." The young girl answers with enthusiasm. She does seem to be honest, but worried.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"Mountains!" Bronsk exclaims, stopping for a moment. "How far away? If it'z a rockslide, we need tools maybe."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

At the explanation, Sasha gasps dramatically, clasping a hand over her mouth. A rockslide... the poor dears... "I can ask my employer, he's a wizard... he may know a spell or two to help remove the rocks." As she speaks she recalls the scrolls in her own pack, wondering if any of those would be of help.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl tilts her head curiously at Sasha. "Magic? Yes, magic can work. Just please help Mia." She then turns to Bronsk. "It is far. Up in the mountains. When Mia got trapped, I ran and I ran and I ran, and even then I got tired many times. We have to go very far, and we must hurry. For if it becomes dark, I will not see where Mia is." She explains without drawing her breath even once.

18. - Top - End - #18

Lisaa

Lisaa stops and turns to the young woman. "Are you sure that this wizard will help us ? Magic is very expensive.", she asks with a doubting look on her face. Lisaa looks up to the mountains looming beyond the city and then at the child again. "But it happened today, right ? Or did you run through the night."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"It happened today. Mia took me out early this morning, and we spent a long time in the mountains. If we hurry, we can be there before the sun begins to go down."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk looks speculatively at the sky, and then turns to the elf and the young yellow-haired lady.
    "We must hurry, but... Hyu two; hyu know where to find some er," Bronsk furrows his brow for a moment "er...Ruckstrackers, er...Shovels! Shovels. Yes? Five minutes may save an hour if we haf them."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

Sasha shakes her man at the older man with the strange accent. "I wouldn't know, but surely a shopkeep here must have some... this is a port city, after all, you can find almost anything. And the wizard is a fine man, he would surely donate a spell to save a child." She says this last question to the elf, and although she has a confident outlook, inside she is worried. What she says is true, if only she can get his attention away from his studies... "If I am not back soon, leave without me; I will catch up." With that, the apprentice takes off at a brisk run, skirting around villagers as she runs for the wizards study.

22. - Top - End - #22

Lisaa

"There should be an ironmongery nearby. Picks and crowbars might also be useful. But not too much or we'll be slowed down.", says Lisaa and points down the street. She looks after the blonde woman as she darts through the crowd. "I wonder if she will find us again outside the city ..."

The elf turns to the girl. "You must be tired and hungry. Here, eat some of this." Lisaa opens her belt pouch and presents some trail rations. Then she takes off her backpack and also offers her a waterskin. "And something to drink. Dry food requires a good amount water."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-09 at 04:28 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The young girl gratefully accepts the food offered to her by Lisaa. "Ah. Thank you kind lady." She replies with a smile before nibbling on the food.

Meanwhile, Sasha arrives at the home of her employer. She enters the building and finds the old arcanist in his study, reading a dusty old tome. At the sound of her entrance however, he slams it shut and exclaims in frustration. "Is it impossible to get a little peace and quiet in your own study nowadays?" He turns around and notices Sasha. "Miss Sasha. What is the meaning of this?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk nods, and sets off in the direction the elf pointed towards the ironfounders. When he arrives, he looks decidedly agitated.
    "Hexcuse me! I need quickly to buy two er, shovels and a pick! There's been an accident in the mountains!"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"An accident you say?" The attendant exclaims before swiftly retrieving the goods Bronsk requested. "There you go then. That will be two gold coins per shovel and three gold coins for the pick. That makes... seven golc coins total please."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"Right." Bronsk reaches a chemical-stained hand into a pouch at the oddly-bulky belt at his waist and pulls out a small leather purse. He hastily counts out seven shining gold coins and places them on the counter.
    So much for a nice inn tonight. ,he thinks to himself.
    He snatches up the tools, and trots back to the street where he'd left the two women.

27. - Top - End - #27

Lisaa

Lisaa and the girl are still where the healer left them. They stand near a wall and nibble some dried fruits and nuts. "Hey, we are here !", shouts Lisaa and waves. She puts the waterskin back into the backpack and looks at the tools. "We could take of the metal ends, they would fit into my backpack. Then the shafts would be easier to carry. We could use them as walking sticks."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

"Excuse me, sir, my apologies." The sorceress hurries through an apologetic curtsy, before excitedly approaching her employer. "Sir, there's a child in the mountains that's been caught in a rockslide... I was hoping you knew of some spells that could help her." She bites her lip, hoping that the man isn't irritated enough to give her a hard time over this.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk catches himself staring again and quickly looks down at the ground. He frowns for a moment. "They would be loose later then, yes? I can carry them; it's not a problem. Has the other girl returned?" he asks, looking around.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"A child trapped in the mountains? Serves them right for playing there. It really isn't my problem." He turns back to his workbench. After a short amount of silence, he speaks again though. "Although... I suppose I should help you. Now let me see if I have anything you can use." He searches through the mess of his workbench and pulls out a few scrolls. "I am not sure what the situation is, but take these and see if they might be of use. I expect you to only use them if you have too though, and I also expect you to return those you don't use." He says and hands Sasha a scroll of Grease, a scroll of Animate Rope, a scroll of Reduce Person, a scroll of Enlarge Person and a scroll of Floating Disk. He ponders the situation, and then pulls out a black and green wand from his robes. "Take this wand with you too. It might be of use if you need to actually destroy the rocks. Do be careful with it though. If it were to hit someone, the results could be lethal."