Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 1530
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Katrin

    Katrin is surprised by the great worm's attack, having expected something slightly less enormous. She had heard of bulettes, armored shark-like creatures that swim through earth as if it was water, and she had seen them in the Underdark, used as beasts of burden. However, this creature was completely new to her. Probably, she thought, because I've never been this far north.
    When the worm trills, she manages to block out the painful noise, shake herself out of her thoughts, and hit the monster with a bolt from her crossbow. Automatically, she reloads.

    Last edited by blackfox; 2007-06-26 at 10:55 AM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Olfacht

    This entire time, Olfacht has been searching for cover and backing away from any imminent danger that might befall him. But after several minutes, he finally musters up some courage and casts Heroism on the closest warrior he can get to, before expending what remains of his courage and running back behind the frontlines.

    OOC: I'm not sure who would be the closest fighter to me, but whoever that may be, that will be the one to get the heroism spell. I don't know... maybe just roll a random die for me and see who I get?

    Last edited by elliott20; 2007-06-26 at 01:28 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #573
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Desmona grits her teeth, trying to resist the creature's shrill cry. She focuses her reflexes on the worm as well, ready to dodge its attack at any moment.

    "Every...one...fight...to...survive..."

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[14]=Will Save

    (1d20+10)[26]=Attack 1
    (2d4+3)[7]=Damage for attack 1
    (1d20+10)[20]=Attack 2
    (2d4+3)[5]=Damage for Attack 2
    (1d20+5)[22]=Attack 3
    (2d4+3)[9]=Damage for Attack 3

    Declaring Dodge on Worm
    I am the Catboy. I demand pettings!

  4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tanner

    Once word of light needed, Tanner opens his hand, illuminating the area with his flame. When the rumbling starts and the revelation that the enemy comes from below, not above, Tanner takes flight - rising into the air so not to produce a target. He then looks for an opening to rain down fire to the enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    init - (1d20+3)[4]
    flame - (1d20+8)[19] - Ranged Touch Attack
    damage - (1d6+5)[8] - I think you may have to double this since it is fire.

    ooc: with the immense size of the creature, I don't think Tanner has to -4 to hit if he is firing into melee, but he will if needed.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Stelios in This.Is.Sparta!

    Dorian the Gray
    Rhun Halfthane

  5. - Top - End - #575
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Koji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Khazrael

    The ear-splitting cry is too much for Khazrael, and he pulls himself close to the rock, trying to escape the noise.

    ((OOC: will vs worm (1d20+5=12)

    stun time from worm (1d4=4)

    Stunned for 4 rounds...))

  6. - Top - End - #576
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kevka Palazzo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Faluil falls to his knees and covers his ears, trying with all his might to ignore the demonic shriek of the worm, but failing miserably.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Will Save vs. Worm - (1d20+6)[8](14)
    Stun time if stunned - (1d4)[4](4)

    Waaaah! Stunned for 4 rounds as well!


    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Kevka Palazzo; 2007-06-26 at 12:47 PM.


    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

    Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

  7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Adalmar

    His initial shots struck true, but the vibrations of the beast's scream run through his body. It seems like his bones are about to break... Limp fingers let his precious bow fall on the ground, while he tries to make his limbs work again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    1st round : move action and Manyshot (1 attack roll for the 2 arrows) :
    (1d20+7)[26] (1d8+2)[6] (1d6)[1]
    (1d8+2)[7] (1d6)[6]

    Total damage = 20 + 4 (Favored Enemy damage, which I forgot) = 24

    Will - (1d20+5)[12]

    At least I hurt it before getting stunned...

    stunned (1d4=4) Ouch me too.

    Last edited by namo; 2007-06-26 at 10:58 PM.
    My old characters (I don't game on this board anymore) --- Avatar by Castaras

    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Desmona's efforts to resist the creature's shrill cry were in vain, as she drops to her knees, whimpering and clamping her hands over her ears, trying to block it out.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rolling Rounds of stunned: (1d4)[1]
    I am the Catboy. I demand pettings!

  9. - Top - End - #579
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Thargor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Norgold

    Norgold fights the urge to drop everything and curl into a ball as the shriek batters at his ears.

    Spoiler
    Show
    will save vs worm - (1d20+1)[12]
    will post actions for the round in a few hours if the save is succesful.
    Current characters:
    Norgold in The Necromancers Pact VIII

    Many thanks to Dispozition for use of the avatar.

  10. - Top - End - #580
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tiriel

    The worm's ear-splitting cry makes Tiriel cringe. It takes all of her concentration just to remain standing...
    [hr] DC 17 will save: (1d20+3=16)
    stunned for: (1d4=2) rounds after the worm finishes trilling

    HP = 45 +[9] = 54
    AC = 20
    +2 morale bonus on attack rolls (+1 from bless, +1 from aid)
    +2 to saves vs fear effects (+1 from bless, +1 from aid)
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Grynde, rather slightly put-out Half-Elf

    Gasping for breath, he staggers away from the thing, sheathing a sword. When it begins to trill, he tries to cover his ears and shut out the sound, but to no avail.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay me, I got Wounded!
    will save - (1d20+2)[7](9) (Gah. Thing is actually +4. 11. still failed. )
    If that fails then stunned for - (1d4+0)[3](3)
    Last edited by Matticus; 2007-06-26 at 11:51 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #582
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    The screeching cry freezes many of you in your tracks. Faluil, Khazrael, Desmona, and Tiriel all reel backward as they cover their ears, trying to clear their heads. Grynde, bleeding profusely, collapses as he tries to crawl away from the worm.

    Adalmar looses a pair of arrows that bury themselves completely in the beast's flesh, but then the ranger too drops to his knees, overcome by the worm's trill.

    Olfacht's eyes fall on Norgold, now a giant, and the thin man scrambles over and places a hand on the fighter's calf, imbuing him with heroism. Perhaps Olfacht was too late, however, for even the giant man falls victim to the worm's stunning cry. His enormous spiked chain drops harmlessly to the snow.

    Those who were able to resist the trill do their best to bring down the monster. Katrin shoots the worm, and Tryntha hurls a small stone at the beast as well. It is hard to say if either has much effect. Damian observes the situation carefully, eyes narrowing as he considers various tactical actions ...

    Tanner soars up into the air, his cape billowing around him. Fire appears in his hand, and the warrior throws it down onto the worm, blackening its hide and causing it to writhe even more violently in pain.

    This proves to be a mistake, however, as the flying man now has the worm's attention. The monster uncoils to its full length and sprays Tanner with a cone of frost. The icy blast knocks Tanner out of the air. He lands with a muffled whump! and lies still. It is not clear if he is alive or dead ...




    OOC: Olfacht casts heroism on Norgold. Tryntha hits for 6. Katrin hits for 3. Adalmar hits for a total of 24 damage. Adalmar, Faluil, Khazrael, Desmona, Norgold, Tiriel, and Grynde are all stunned. Tanner hits for 12 points of fire damage.

    The worm hits Tanner for 60 points. Reflex DC 22 for half damage. The worm has taken a total of 94 points of damage so far.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-06-27 at 11:51 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Olfacht

    "umm... sir? please get up. I'm feeling rather vulnerable right now without my body shield." Olfacht says nervously to Norgold. Watching the now stunned giant at his feet, Olfacht's survival (read: cowardly) instincts kick in once again, and he mutters to himself, "screw this, I'm not gonna die by the jaws of some stupid worm."

    He casts invisibility on himself and starts to make his way towards Tanner to see if he is still alive.

    OOC: cast invisibilty on self and then I'm going to move in Tanner's direction.

  14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Katrin

    Damn, damn, damn. There goes half the group... this is one of those times I really wish I was a mage. I wish I had some way to burn this thing, Tanner's attack really got its attention. I'm never leaving a city without oil and tindertwigs again.
    Katrin aims carefully and looses her bolt, which buries itself in the worm's thick body up to the fletching.

    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Diarmuid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tryntha

    The rashemi cleric watches in horror as many fall victim to the terrible cry of the wurm. She had hoped the gigantic warrior would fell the beast with his mighty weapon, but he too was down.

    Making up her mind quickly, she moved near to the giant man and quietly incanted a spell that would bring forth his mental resistances in an attempt to assay the assault upon his psyche.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Tryntha casts Resurgance on Norgold
    The touched creature receives a new saving throw against one ongoing spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability affecting him/her. If the subject has more than one ongoing effect, the caster chooses which one the save applies to.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-06-27 at 11:41 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #586
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    barawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Damian

    Unbelievable! Everyone in front is trapped by that thing!

    Damian watches calmly as Tryntha aids Norgold, and he silently hopes the magical aid will free the now-giant warrior. Once Tryntha finishes casting the spell, he pulls himself together, and rolls on the ground, dodging the flailing worm, finishing with a sideways stab into the heart of the beast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Damian's delaying action until Tryntha's spell finishes, which hopefully will free Norgold to actually threaten the worm. God, I hope. Note that if anyone else in the front line is actually moving and distracting the worm, he'd tumble there if he could.

    Tumble to avoid AoO: Tumble - (1d20+13)[24] (DC 15)
    Attack: Attack - (1d20+10)[16] (+2 if he's flanking, which I desperately hope - so 18 total)
    Damage: Damage - (1d4)[1] plus Sneak - (1d6)[3] (sacrifice 1d6 to attempt to take cold resistance)


    Seeing Tanner fall out of the sky, but seeing him move out of the corner of his eye, an idea springs to mind. The beast writhed from that little ball of fire. Writhed.

    "Everybody who can move, get the stunned ones back away from the worm! Tanner, that big wall of fire you were talking about before. When we're clear!"
    Last edited by barawn; 2007-06-27 at 02:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #587
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tanner 12/42

    Tanner sets his teeth against the blast of the beast.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Save - (1d20+9)[29]


    Edit: Didn't know if Tanner would be alive or dead.

    IC:

    Lying in the snow, he considers his options. He knows that another such blast would surely kill him, so he seeks to help the others by praying to Gond.

    ooc: cast prayer.

    Prayer
    You bring special favor upon yourself and your allies while bringing disfavor to your enemies. You and your each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a 1 penalty on such rolls.
    Last edited by Darius; 2007-06-27 at 02:41 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Stelios in This.Is.Sparta!

    Dorian the Gray
    Rhun Halfthane

  18. - Top - End - #588
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Thargor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Norgold

    Still stuck in a personal hell as the worms cry echoed inside his skull Norgold heard a soft voice somehow carrying over the tumult. Using it as a lifeline he once again tried to clear his head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    another will save - (1d20+4)[8]
    Heroism and prayer are in the bonus, are there any other spells up that I missed?
    Current characters:
    Norgold in The Necromancers Pact VIII

    Many thanks to Dispozition for use of the avatar.

  19. - Top - End - #589
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auck, Fush'n'Chups-land
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Retay, human worm food

    You don't stand a chance... You're useless, absolutely useless... They're all going to die... Their blood is on your hands, Retay...

    Sweating, Retay gripped his greataxe, almost hugging it. No, he told the memories. No!

    The next moment, an incredible screeching pierced his ears.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Will save" - (1d20+3)[14](17) Woohoo! I JUST made it!


    Retay staggered, but he still stood. And now, he was angry.

    "No!" he shouted. "I won't give in! Not like that!" With fire burning in his eyes, he lifted his axe and charged.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage (for 7 rounds; +4 str, +4 con (giving +14 hp), +2 on will saves, -2 AC) and charge the worm (1 round, +2 attack, -2 AC), for all the good it'll do . . .
    "Attack" - (1d20+13)[3](16) (including Bless and charging) EDIT: I forgot - the +4 str from raging gives me +2 attack, which means I hit!
    "Damage" - (1d12+7)[3](10) (including rage)
    AC reduced to 12 until my next turn, when it becomes 14 - not that it matters against a frost worm.
    Last edited by Naleh; 2007-06-28 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Forgot attack bonus from str bonus from rage...

  20. - Top - End - #590
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Grimly, Katrin reloads and fires, burying a bolt deeply. She smirks with satisfaction as she reloads again.

    While Grynde scrambles away from the worm, covering his ears, Damian and Retay charge forward. Damian easily dodges the worm's bite as he closes in, but Retay is not quite quick enough and gets caught in the worm's mandibles. Howling in rage, the berserker slams his battleaxe down on the worm's head, which frees him from its jaws. The berserker ignores the deep gashes across his torso as he screams at the monster. The worm rears back, eyeing the berserker curiously. It then dives forward, clamping its jaws down on him once again.

    While the worm focuses his attention on the berserker, Damian takes the opportunity to slip his blade into the worm. He draws blood, but more importantly, he immediately feels warmer as he siphons off some of the creature's ability to ignore the cold.

    Tryntha calls to Norgold, trying to rouse him from his stupor. Still holding one end of his limp chain whip, Norgold struggles to focus ...

    Olfacht decides to make himself less of a target. With a whisper, he vanishes from sight. A trail of footprints appears in the snow, heading towards Tanner's body. As Olfacht closes in he sees that Tanner is alive. The warrior's lips move as he prays to Gond ...



    OOC: Katrin hits for 13. Damian hits for 4 and steals cold resistance. The frost worm hits Retay with an AoO for 22. Retay hits for 10. The worm attacks Retay for 25. Tryntha casts resurgence. Norgold fails to save. Olfacht casts invisibility. Tanner casts prayer.

  21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Olfacht

    "Good, he's alive" Olfacht thinks to himself. He creeps up to Tanner and whispers: "Hey, psst, buddy, you okay?"

    OOC: walking up to Tanner and holding action. I'm still deliberating whether or not to cast blur is worth it.
    Last edited by elliott20; 2007-06-29 at 09:30 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #592
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tanner Gondsman 12/42

    "Aye, barely. You had best get away if you can; if that thing breathes at me again, we both will become meatsicles. I am going to grab anyone who has been subdued by the wyrm's cry."

    Tanner steels himself and then takes wing - grabbing Norgold. He turns to Tryntha and says, "We need to get him to safety." Tanner then will drag Norgold away with his 'good hand' as he flies him out of harms way - especially from another frost breath.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Tanner will double move this round. Since there is no map, he will want to avoid getting close to the worm if he can help it, but he wants to get Norgold and Tryntha (as well as Olfact) out of harms way - perhaps behind the lean-to or inside it if it will protect them.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Stelios in This.Is.Sparta!

    Dorian the Gray
    Rhun Halfthane

  23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Katrin

    Katrin shoots again. The previous shot had given her some confidence, but she still felt useless against the huge beast. Her spirit drops lower when her next bolt barely pierces the hide of the beast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll (1d20+8=20)
    Damage (1d8=2)
    EDIT: Gah, I keep forgetting I have Dodge. Declare Dodge on frost worm... might as well, even though I'm not in melee, my AC isn't that high.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2007-06-29 at 08:44 AM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  24. - Top - End - #594
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Desmona

    "Ugh..." Desmona pries her hands away from her skull, the ringing in her head subsided now. That was one of the worse things she had heard in her travels, and hoped that it would be the last time she heard it.

    Standing up, she faced the frost worm, currently digging its jaws into the barbarian - Retay, she remembered. Holding her spiked chain loosely, she started to swing it, slowly at first, but then in an instant it became a wild spinning mesh of metal links and spikes that lashed out at the hide of the winter serpent.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Flurry of Strikes
    Attack 1: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage 1: (2d4+3)[9]
    Attack 2: (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage 2: (2d4+3)[8]
    Attack 3: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage 3: (2d4+3)[5]

    Declaring Dodge on Frost Worm
    I am the Catboy. I demand pettings!

  25. - Top - End - #595
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auck, Fush'n'Chups-land
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Retay, doomed human

    Retay ignores the blood pouring from his body - in his battlelust, he does not even notice his wounds. He continues to howl and slash away at the worm, seemingly unaware the monster will surely kill him in just moments.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Next round . . .
    Full attack:
    "Attack 1" - (1d20+13)[9](22)
    "Damage" - (1d12+7)[9](16)
    "Attack 2" - (1d20+8)[18](26)
    "Damage" - (1d12+7)[7](14)
    That went slightly better.
    Last edited by Naleh; 2007-06-29 at 02:33 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #596
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    barawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Damian

    A cruel smile crossing his lips as the dagger slips into the worm, Damian's eyelids flutter as a surge of energy runs through him. His grey eyes seem almost to frost over with an edging of white, and he glances around at Desmona and Retay.

    "Desmona! Retay! Withdraw! Back off! Let Tanner cast the wall of fire between it and us! Back off! Get him and her out of here, too!" He quickly points at Tiriel and Grynde, and then immediately backs away from the worm, carefully at first, and then quickly moving back.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Thanks to Tanner's prayer, I can't miss this check. Woo!
    Tumble - (1d20+14)[25]
    After tumbling out of the worm's threatened area, Damian pulls back another 30', continuing to indicate to the others to back away. And looking at Tanner, hoping that he wasn't lying about the giant flaming wall he could conjure.


    "And do any of you Rashemi types know what the heck this thing is?"
    Last edited by barawn; 2007-06-29 at 09:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Olfacht

    Upon Tanner's signal, Olfacht begins to sprint as fast as he can away from the worm and towards safety.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Olfacht is going to double move and just move away from the worm along with the group. seeing as he's still invisible, he's probably going to have to move by foot.

  28. - Top - End - #598
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Quote Originally Posted by barawn View Post
    Damian
    "And do any of you Rashemi types know what the heck this thing is?"
    Although he wasn't a true Rashemi, Tanner searches his memory for any stories of such a beast as he flies to safety with the others.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge - (1d20+1)[2]

    Tanner has both Knowledge Local and Arcana...not very skilled, but he has them.


    Edit - that is too funny. From the Penthouse (20) to the Outhouse (1)...will board roller wonders never cease?

    Last edited by Darius; 2007-06-29 at 09:43 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Stelios in This.Is.Sparta!

    Dorian the Gray
    Rhun Halfthane

  29. - Top - End - #599
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Damian shouts for everyone to get clear, while Katrin covers their retreat as best she can from her position. Tanner rises and swoops towards Norgold's position. The cleric tries to grab Norgold to pull him to safety, but the enlarged fighter is too heavy for him to budge. Olfacht and Grynde move as far away from the worm as they can.

    Desmona and Retay either don't hear the call or choose not to retreat. Desmona's limbs blur as her spiked chain whips through the air, singing as it slices into the worm's icy flesh. Retay's cries are almost incoherent as he chops again and again into the monster, ignoring his wounds and the intense cold radiating from the beast.

    Suddenly, a miracle - one of the berserker's blows cleaves the frost worm's skull in half. The monster convulses, almost ripping the greataxe right out of Retay's bloody hands. Before your eyes, the worm contracts and crystallizes, flash-frozen by its own energies. It begins to vibrate, and fine cracks begin to craze across its body ...

    As if in slow motion, Retay and Desmona turn to flee, but before they can take more than a half dozen steps, the frost worm explodes, its death throes sending shards of ice in all directions.

    A number of stunned survivors, standing motionless or kneeling, are obliterated by the icy shrapnel. Their bodies partially shield Retay and Desmona from the full brunt of the blast. Several other stunned survivors a bit farther away are knocked off their feet by the explosion.

    Those that were able to move far enough away are spared significant injury.



    OOC: Katrin hits for 2. Desmona hits for 8. Retay hits for a total of 30, killing the frost worm. The frost worm explodes doing 4d6 piercing damage and 6d6 cold damage to all within its blast radius (Retay, Desmona, Adalmar, Faluil, Khazrael, Norgold, and Tiriel). Retay and Desmona can attempt a Reflex save for 1/2 damage (DC 22).

  30. - Top - End - #600
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tiriel

    Tiriel watches the barbarian charge the worm indifferently. One part of her wonders why and another more senseable part can't help but wonder if the man is crazy.
    ...
    She barely has time to recover from the worm's trill before the man cleaves open the worm's skull, transforming the animal into a crystalized model. Tiriel throws a hands in front of her face right before the icy image shatters sending cold, sharp, fragments of ice in all directions.

    piercing/cold: (4d6, 6d6=[1, 5, 1, 5] =12, [1, 3, 5, 5, 4, 5]=23)
    Tiriel takes a total of 20 points of damage (see spoiler for details)

    Spoiler
    Show

    damage reduction, 5/magic, - takes 7 points of piercing damage
    resists 10 points of cold damage - takes 13 points of cold damage
    In short - yay! not dead!



    Status:
    HP = 45 +[9] = 54-20=34 (25 points after Aid wears off)
    AC = 20
    +2 morale bonus on attack rolls (+1 from bless, +1 from aid)
    +2 to saves vs fear effects (+1 from bless, +1 from aid)
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-06-29 at 09:47 PM. Reason: deleted extra code
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •