Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 870 of 1530
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auck, Fush'n'Chups-land
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Retay, human barbarian

    Unsure of their customs, Retay makes no move to help put the men to rest, although he does watch with a strange expression on his face...

    When he hears the scream, Retay does not pause like the others to consider. Hefting his greataxe, he sprints towards Faluil and the Hut of Certain Death.

    Initiative - (1d20+2)[21]

  2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kevka Palazzo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Faluil

    As the wood elf dashes around the corner and pulls his bow tight, he quickly scans the area with his eyes and ears,

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot - (1d20+10)[21]
    Listen - (1d20+10)[26]
    Initiative - (1d20+3)[5]


    ready to fire as soon as he sees what is (or might have been) attacking Olfacht.


    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

    Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

  3. - Top - End - #843
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Grynde

    Oh, more death! What a day! he yells as he runs around the corner after the others, drawing a sword as he does so.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Matticus; 2007-08-02 at 01:57 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #844
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Adalmar

    "Burning doesn't happen that fast..." he replies, as he falls into a brief jog. He remains at a distance from the group - even if he doesn't expect something as huge as the worm, it is best if they can't all be caught at the same time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Init - (1d20+4)[21]
    Spot - (1d20+13)[23]
    Listen - (1d20+13)[30]

    Move and ready attack action if a hostile creature appears.
    My old characters (I don't game on this board anymore) --- Avatar by Castaras

    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Damian tactically advances in the opposite direction from Olfacht's screams, only to roll his eyes when everyone else runs the other way, directly towards the danger, like moths to a flame. Damian stands outside the shattered gates with daggers in each hand and sighs heavily.

    Tanner launches himself into the air gained a bird's eye view of the octagonal fortress. From up above he can see dozens of creatures clambering up out from underneath the debris and packed snow. The creatures have his companions surrounded on all sides.

    Faluil, Grynde, and Retay are the first to turn the corner. Three ghouls tear at Olfacht, one rips at his throat with its teeth, the other gnaw at his exposed limbs. The thin man stares at his three companions, his eyes open wide, pleading for help. Strangely, Olfacht makes no movement, no effort at all to fight off the undead.

    The Rashemi call out to each other, warning of the ambush, but it is too late, the ghouls are everywhere, outnumbering you three to one.

  6. - Top - End - #846
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    barawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Damian

    Damian sheathes his daggers and draws his crossbow, certain he knows what's going on inside. Unsure whether Anika is still outside, as she disappeared into the shadows, he quietly speaks. "Well, I'm certainly not going in. If they end in trouble, I don't think we can help them by getting ourselves caught in a bad situation as well."

    He glances up towards Tanner, above them, and raises his voice. "Tanner! Tell them to get out of there! We can fight whatever it is better out here!"

    His eyes stay focused on the entranceway, and movement catches his eyes. His voice lowered, half to someone who may or may not be there, half to himself, he thinks aloud. "It... no, I think it's they. Oh, no. It was a trap. They waited for us to go inside."
    Last edited by barawn; 2007-08-02 at 09:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #847
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Adalmar

    He hears Damian shouting to Tanner, and shouts back a warning : "We're surrounded ! Come help us... if you can !"

    In a lower voice, he asks of his companions : "What manner of creatures are those ? They're an unnaturally distorted, but..." He doesn't finish that sentence, instead loosing a pair of arrows at the closest ghoul.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Activating the prepared action (manyshot) :
    (1d20+9)[11] (including Bless bonus)
    (1d8+4)[10] (1d6)[5] (elec.)
    (1d8+4)[8] (1d6)[3] (elec.)

    Note to DR : I had made mistakes with my online sheet (it was one of my first ) which are now corrected : I had paid 2000gp too much for the bow, but it was Shocking without being +1 - so I made it +1 and paid 4000gp more (i.e. the correct price) ; for that I had to drop the Handy Haversack and the Ring of Sustenance. Plus some heavy items I could only carry with the Haversack. Tell me if that raises a problem and you'd prefer a different arrangement !
    I now "only" 80 normal arrows left (down to more than a 100 before) - this way I can also account for the ones used recently.

    Also, as indicated in my sig, its location has changed.
    Last edited by namo; 2007-08-02 at 11:38 PM.
    My old characters (I don't game on this board anymore) --- Avatar by Castaras

    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Grynde

    Without hesitation he draws his other sword, lunges forward and takes a swipe at the nearest ghoul. They're friggin' abominations is what they are!!! he yells. C'mon, bastards, I got a lotta rage I wanna take out on something!!!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gah, I can never remember if I take the penalty for wielding both weapons...I think so...
    Attack: 1d20+9=29
    Damage: 1d6+4=6
    x2 = 12
    Threat check: Another natural 20. (Luck is a weird thing.)
    Last edited by Matticus; 2007-08-03 at 02:02 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Anika

    Anika continues to swear silently to herself, cursing their bad luck, her friends' rashness, and the creatures inside. "I'm going in... I can't let my friends get killed. I'll try not to let myself get surrounded. This is one of those times I really wish I was a mage..."

    Anika keeps her left hand on her shortsword while slowly and carefully entering the fort, making sure to stay hidden. She watches for any kind of movement, ready to shoot.

    (OOC: Spot Check (1d20+12=16))
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Diarmuid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tryntha

    Tryntha recognises the unnatural beasts almost instantly as those whose spirits have been kept from their voyage and corrupted to evil. Her anger doubles at the loss of those who fell protecting the fort seeing these antithesis of everything she strives to protect assault her companions.

    Channeling the energy of the land around here, she holds forth the amulet given unto her by her mentors and brings her will to bear on these terrible creatures.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Turning Undead Check - (1d20+3)[21]
    Turning will effect undead up to 10 HD
    Turning Damage - (2d6+8)[16]
    Efforts will turn up to 16 HD of undead
    Undead with 3 or less HD are destroyed rather than turned
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-08-03 at 08:22 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #851
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tiriel

    "Gods... I hate undead." Those nearby hear Tiriel mutter before she lanches into an attack on the nearest creature.

    attack - (1d20+10)[24]
    damage - (1d8+7)[11], [roll=+ fire damage]1d6[/roll]

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  12. - Top - End - #852
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    barawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Damian

    As Anika slips in, Damian glances over - suddenly slightly nervous, but nodding. "Stay to this side. We can carve a path for them to come back this way. I can watch your back. Get them to come out through us. Hopefully maybe now they'll listen."
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #853
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tanner Gondsman

    He calls to those outside, "Those inside are surrounded by the undead - ghouls or ghasts by the looks of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

    KnowReligion - (1d20+1)[12]

    Their negative energy can paralyze you!"

    He then keeps his lofty position and tries to direct the others out by creating a path as best he can. "Those inside - attack towards the gate and try to get outside!"

    Tanner then seeks help from Gond. He wishes that he still had the wall of fire, but that provided the avenue for escape against the owlbears. He would need to throw embers from Gond's forge down upon these abominations.

    occ: Cast produce flame. Throw one down at a ghoul clawing at Olfacht and fly toward that area but still out of reach.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+9)[26]
    Fire Damage - (1d6+6)[10]

    6 minutes remain
    Last edited by Darius; 2007-08-03 at 02:45 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Stelios in This.Is.Sparta!

    Dorian the Gray
    Rhun Halfthane

  14. - Top - End - #854
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Koji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Khazrael

    Khazrael's blood runs cold at the sight of the ghouls.

    "Group together!"

    With his back toward's the nearest ally, he weaves a spell, and a volley of little ochre lights that vaguely resemble flying insects spin out of the air around him. They crash into one of the ghouls gnawing at Olfacht and explode against its rotting flesh.

    He winces at Tryntha's brandishing of a holy symbol, but tries his best to ignore it and continues his assault.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile: 3d4+3=10. Some days I wish I had fireball.

  15. - Top - End - #855
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auck, Fush'n'Chups-land
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Retay, human madman with an axe

    The barbarian takes one look at the creatures devouring Olfacht, and roars with anger.

    You!

    Either not hearing or ignoring the warnings, he leaps forwards, and begins slashing at the ghouls randomly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge the nearest ghoul.
    Attack - (1d20+13)[26] (including Tanner's Prayer and charging)
    Damage - (1d12+5)[14] (including Tanner's Prayer)
    AC reduced to 14 until next round (due to charging)
    remember Damage Red. 1/-
    I'll leave Rage for next round... if he's not paralyzed by then.

  16. - Top - End - #856
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Anika slips inside the gates, keeping her back to the wooden palisade. Damian calls to the others, "This way!!!"

    ...

    Grynde skewers one of the ghouls, forcing it away from Olfacht. Retay's axe takes the ghoul's head off of its shoulders with a sickening splakkk!

    Khazrael blasts a second ghoul with magic missiles. Tanner sends a burst of flame down from above that leaves the ghoul charred and inert.

    The last of the three ghouls continues to rip Olfacht's throat out. Seeing Grynde and Retay closing in, it simply bares its bloody fangs, grinning devilishly.

    Six more ghouls push their way up out from beneath the wooden debris ...

    ...

    In another corner of the fort, Desmona whirls her spiked chain in elaborate arcs over the heads of Lissa and Achkby. The two "little ones" fire their crossbows at the ghouls kept at bay by Desmona's weapon.

    A half dozen ghouls circle the trio warily ...

    ...

    Faluil and Adalmar find themselves back to back, surrounded by ghouls. Adalmar fires a pair of arrows at the nearest, but the ghoul twists and ducks with surprising agility.

    The two rangers face six ghouls, who have them encircled ...

    One ghoul falls, split in half. The rangers see Tiriel loom up from behind the ghouls, her sword engulfed in flame.

    ...

    Tryntha stands with the Rashemi, who quickly form a protective circle around her. The warriors fight with calm efficiency, knocking the legs out from under the ghouls, then beheading them with a follow up blow. One of the berserkers breaks formation, whirling through a mass of ghouls, lost in his bloodlust. He is quickly surrounded by ten ghouls.

    Tryntha raises her amulet. A cone of light bursts forth, blindingly bright. The light turns the ghouls to ashes on contact. Eight are disintegrated instantly. The Rashemi move forward and quickly hack the remaining two to pieces.

    More ghouls rise up from under the frozen ground. A nauseating stench rises with them ...



    OOC: Tryntha needs to make a DC 15 Fort save or be sickened.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-08-06 at 07:51 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #857
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Koji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Khazrael

    Khazrael grips his utility knife in one hand and fires out another volley of magic missiles with the other. Adrenaline blends the humanoid forms together, and he begins to lose track of missing companions.

    ((OOC: Magic missile:
    3d4+3=11. Firing it at any wounded target, otherwise at any ghouls threatening allies))

  18. - Top - End - #858
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kevka Palazzo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Faluil

    Knowing his usually trusty bow will be worthless, Faluil draws his greatsword from its sheath instead.

    He speaks to his companion over his shoulder.

    "Want to devise some sort of strategy, friend?"

    Right before he swings his blade at the nearest of the ghouls.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kevka Palazzo; 2007-08-06 at 01:42 AM.


    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

    Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

  19. - Top - End - #859
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    barawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Damian

    Cautiously following into the fort behind Anika, Damian's eyes peer ahead. Where are they? Are they insane? He continually looks behind him, ensuring that nothing is encroaching on his escape route, and if he can manage to see a ghoul without going too far into the fort, he will take an open shot. He continues calling out, hoping that some will finally start to head back to the entrance so they can escape this damned spot.

    "Come towards my voice! Head outside! There's no choice!

    Panic sets in slightly. Going in farther merely puts him at the same risk as the others. He glances up to Tanner. "Tanner! What's going on in there? They've got to get outside!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack, if there's a ghoul in range. He'll stay close to the entrance enough that nothing can sneak behind him.
    Attack - (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage - (1d8)[1]
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #860
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auck, Fush'n'Chups-land
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Retay, madman with a big axe

    The barbarian hacks at the remaining ghoul. When it falls, he stands over Olfacht (or what's left of him) and snarls at the new ghouls rising from the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack the ghoul that's still attacking Olfacht.
    Attack 1 - (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage - (1d12+5)[11]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage - (1d12+5)[8]

  21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Grynde

    More, eh? C'mon! I'm more than enough for you lot!!
    He lunges fowards, singling out a ghoul and attacking it ruthlessly, slashing at it with both swords.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming they're within 10ft, and he can take a full-round action.
    Attack 1: 19
    Attack 2: 18
    Attack 3: 17 (roll incorrect)
    Attacl 4: 16 (roll incorrect)
    Damage 1: 6
    Damage 2: 4
    Damage 3: 6
    Damage 4: 9

    Total Damage: 25.
    Last edited by Matticus; 2007-08-06 at 04:31 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Anika

    Anika continues to keep to the shadows. She heads toward her friends' voices, hoping to be able to provide some firepower from outside the rings of ghouls while not being surrounded herself.

    (OOC: Possible Attack Roll (1d20+8=15)
    Possible Damage (1d8=4)))
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Diarmuid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tryntha

    The stench of the foul creatures swelled up inside her nostrils, but there were kinsmen and new companions in danger. Her Deathwatch spell acted as a constant reminder of what they fought, as the auras showed death wherever the creatures went. She used the magic to keep track of everyone on the battlefield, making ready to assist anyone who became injured. Trusting her kinsmen, she stayed within their protective circle and once again called on her powers to destroy these wretched abominations.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fort Save - (1d20+5)[20]

    if necessary
    Turning Check - (1d20+3)[10] Turning anything 7HD or less
    Turning Damage - (2d6+8)[17] Turning 17HD of creatures, destroying anything 3HD or less

    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-08-06 at 10:21 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #864
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tiriel

    Tiriel contiunes to hack and slash at the remaining 5 ghouls surrounding the two rangers. "Where's everyone else?"

    attack - (1d20+10)[30]
    damage - (1d8+7)[8], fire - (1d6)[3]
    if the 1st attack hits and drops a ghoul,
    cleave - (1d20+10)[24]
    damage for cleave - (1d8+7)[11], fire - (1d6)[1]
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  25. - Top - End - #865
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tanner Gondsman

    After hearing Damian's plea, Tanner calls out, "Ghouls and now ghasts are bursting forth from the ground everywhere. Olfacht is paralyzed, and I am going to try to pull him free and head to the gates. Retreat and form up together if we can!"

    Steeling himself for the inevitable, Tanner thinks to himself, I cannot simply leave Olfacht to become one of these creatures. Gond, be with me. He then flies down and grabs ahold of Olfacht's shredded and unmoving body and tries to wrestle it free.

    Spoiler
    Show

    AC 19
    Fort save = +9
    Opposed STR check from Grapple = +7 (if not part of grapple, +2)
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Stelios in This.Is.Sparta!

    Dorian the Gray
    Rhun Halfthane

  26. - Top - End - #866
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Chaos reigns within the wooden fort with ghouls dashing this way and that, gibbering and hissing gleefully. The ghouls keep each group of you isolated from the others.

    ...

    Tiriel cuts down another ghoul with her flaming sword. Faluil is grabbed by a ghoul, but in one motion, he unsheathes his greatsword and severs the ghoul's arm off on the draw. He calls to Adalmar, but hearing no response, he turns around and sees that the ranger has been paralyzed and is already being dragged away by a trio of ghouls.

    ...

    Retay half-chops, half-bludgeons the last remaining ghoul into pieces, freeing Olfacht at last. Tanner swoops down from above and catches Olfacht before he falls to the ground.

    Grynde and Khazrael keep the other ghouls at bay, slashing or blasting them mercilessly. One ghoul takes Khazrael's magic missiles without falling. It steps toward him menacingly. Suddenly, a crossbow bolt pierces it through the skull and it drops. Tracing the bolt's trajectory backward, Khazrael catches a glimpse of a dark figure melting into the shadows. Anika! he thinks gratefully.

    ...

    The Rashemi reform their cordon around Tryntha. She sweeps her amulet in an arc, disintegrating another half dozen ghouls and ghasts in an instant. Two of the remaining ghouls pull down one of the berserkers. He is paralyzed, but the ghouls are immediately dispatched by two more Rashemi, and the wounded berserker is pulled back into the circle.

    ...

    Damian continues calling for his companions to move to the doorway. In the chaos, his friends either can not hear him, or are too distracted to comply. In frustration, Damian calls out to Tanner, only to see him dive down into the melee out of sight.

    Gritting his teeth in frustration, he scans the walls, looking for any other tactical option. To his surprise, he spots a small figure creeping along the inner walkway, above eye level. He/she is no ghoul, but is too small to be human (unless a child). The person raises a small crossbow, pointing it toward Lissa, Achkby, and Desmona.



    OOC: Faluil takes 3 damage, but is immune to paralysis. Adalmar takes 2 damage and is paralyzed.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-08-08 at 09:15 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #867
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    namo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Adalmar

    He had just had time to put his bow away and draw his sword, when a ghoul surprised him and managed to bite him. He felt his blood freeze for a moment before his body rejected the intrusion.

    Counterattacking the undead creature, he whispers to Faluil at the same time. "Let's try to slowly go towards the others or the exit." [OOC: I don't know which would be closer] He takes a step in that direction, all the while trying to guard against the ghouls' bites.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I really hate how now, the subscriptions don't help to see if a thread has been updated.

    edit: made a mistake on the attack rolls (didn't close the tag) - I'll do them later on invisiblecastle which I can't access from here.
    (1d8+2)[3]
    (1d8+2)[3]

    Fighting defensively, so +2 to AC, and taking a 5' step.
    Last edited by namo; 2007-08-08 at 09:37 AM.
    My old characters (I don't game on this board anymore) --- Avatar by Castaras

    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

  28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kevka Palazzo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Faluil

    The elven ranger grits his teeth as the ghoul tears away at his flesh, his ancestral immunities saving him from the risk of paralysis.

    He grins at Adalmar's suggestion, and replies "Of course. The exit seems to be the best idea!" as he hefts his greatsword again to cut down the abominations surrounding them.

    As Tiriel joins the fray, Faluil grins wider, feeling somewhat vindicated.

    Now this seems to be an effective way to vent. He thinks.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[13]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+4)[8]

    Damage 1 - (2d6+3)[13]
    Damage 2 - (2d6+3)[5]



    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

    Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

  29. - Top - End - #869
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Tiriel

    Tiriel finds herself grinning as the 2nd ghoul goes down beneath her sword. She contiunes to move closer to Adlamar and the Elven ranger, attacking the first ghoul stupid enough to get in her way.

    attack - (1d20+10)[29], damage - (1d8+7)[12], fire - (1d6)[5]
    if possible,
    cleave attack - (1d20+10)[29], damage - (1d8+7)[8], fire - (1d6)[1]
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  30. - Top - End - #870
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Koji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

    Khazrael

    Khazrael falters only momentarily before launching another volley of lights with a shout.


    ((OOC: 3d4+3=12))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •