New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1530
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

Grynde

He looks at the brass snake, and giggles. That snakey's stupider than me he says, slurring his words a little. 'f'it weren't metal, it'd eat isself...

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

Adalmar

Before he can indulge in the firewine, Tanner's question silences him for a while. He suddenly realizes he has never given any thought to what would happen after the warning was delivered. Focused like an arrow on Rashemen, he had somehow expected that the Dale's problems would be 'magically' resolved by his mighty cousins. He knows now it will not be so. Armies of undead, a necromancer and vampires, the so-called Baneson... If the Light is to shine again on his forest, every able man - and woman - will be needed.

He still has a choice : follow his companion's quest, or enroll in the Rashemen militia - his blood ties would see to him been accepted -, or return to his forest, protect the nearby towns and act as a spy until the liberation comes. His heart and his soul cannot agree on that decision.

So, full of candor, he directs his question at Tiriel and Anika, who suddenly seem the true core of the group : "How ? How do you mean to take on that necromancer that foiled you in the past when his power was at its lowest ?"

"If there is a way I can truly help you to banish Sethra, then this is what I wish to do. It just seems like an unreach... a very hard goal."
    Last edited by namo; 2007-09-05 at 02:05 AM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elthan

Elthan lowers his gaze upon Grynde, the half-elf already in low regard, more so now for getting drunk (though not greatly lowered, as it seemed unavoidable for anyone with a full glass in this hall) and for not knowing what to Elthan was a simple symbol.

"That, my inebriated acquaintance, is an Ouroboros. The snake is eating itself, but can never finish; it is an impossibility. Hence it will keep eating itself forever. It represents the cyclic nature of things, or unity in that the snake is a complete construct now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

4. - Top - End - #1054

PirateCaptain

Tanner Gondsman

Perhaps the jhuild also has an aphrodisiac effect as well, because soon Lissa and Achkby are off canoodling in a dark corner, and Desmona begins edging her chair closer to Tanner's, smoothing her hair back with her hands and lightly resting her hand on his shoulder as she talks and giggles.

Tanner continues to eat to make sure his stomache is full and only takes small sips of the jhuild - having made the same mistake with the firewine that Grynde and the others had done when he first came to Rasheman. He finds it difficult to concentrate with Dez's advances towards him. Although flattering, Tanner is not one to take advantage of another individual. He likes Dez, and if under different circumstances, he would most likely act otherwise. However, Tanner merely flirts a bit politely with Desmona, but does not act upon any thing other than listening to the other's and watching the unveiling of the rings.

He is understanding of Damian's response. As a now former businessman, Tanner understands the business of the blade. Tanner has worked with mercenaries before, and Tanner has sold leather armors to undoubtedly evil men to be used for nefarious reasons. He would be a hypocrite if he were to judge Damian. However, Tanner is a bit disappointed in the response from the man he was really beginning to like, for he thought higher of Damian. Sighing and looking at Desmona as she gazes into Tanner's eyes and then to the covetous Callos and his rings and speech of the 'unclean', he thinks to himself, "I guess it is human nature."

After listening to the Callos' explanation of the rings, Tanner looks around the table (and in the corner of the room) and takes a mental head count. He counts fifteen since he includes himself and excludes Grynde. "It seems we are in a quandary, for there are nine rings and fifteen pairs of hands. If these rings insure protection from domination by this Sethra, then it would be prudent to have those that choose to stop him directly wear them. The problem lies in what should the rest do? Since I did not have a hand in acquiring the rings, I shall not try to sway Callos or any other member of the original group in how I believe this situation should be handled."
    Last edited by Darius; 2007-09-05 at 10:47 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Tryntha

The Rashemi woman bit her lip and gathered her skirts into her fists nervously as she watched the audience with the Iron Lord slipping away from the group. Perhaps she had been wrong about these people. She did not feel comfortable discussing these matters based solely on the stories provided by the others, and these new people who knew the rest seemed to have even more, recent information.

As Anika spoke up, her hope once again rose. She knew the Iron Lord had only the safety of Rasheman in his heart, but she had learned their inward way of thinking was not always the best. There was a big world outside their borders, and like it or not, the happenings out there could and would impact their corner of the land.

At the appearance of the mask and the talk of a Hathran, Tryntha's attention become focused.

Spoiler
    Show

K:Religion - (1d20+5)[10]
    K:History - (1d20+4)[16]
    K:Local - (1d20+3)[8]
    K:Arcana - (1d20+3)[20]

The breath she had been unconcsiously holding is released at the reaction of the Iron Lord, though she is concerned with the expedience of his decision. Anything that could move him to act so abruptly must be dire indeed.

She followed the group to the dining hall and thanked Sigurd graciously for their service. She beckoned him to bring any of his men who had been injured during their journey to her and she would tend them as best she could. At the smile and wink regarding the wine, a slight knowing inclination of her head was all a response she gave.

The smells and sights of the food reminded her of the hard travelling and flavorless food they had eaten for the last days. She also partook generously of the food, but steered clear of the potent firewine. She knew she would need her wits about her in time, and wanted them to be at their full faculty.

"I have some suspicions regarding the mask, but I would like to think on the further and perhaps consult with some of my sisters. Anika...I must commend you. I feared that the Lord's help grew further and further away, but you were able to bring him back to the path. Well done."

Raising her glass of water, she offered a traditional Rashameni salute to the other woman.

When Callos began talking and brought out the rings, Tryntha remembered something she had meant to do earlier.

"Callos, you mentioned earlier that your arm had been injured and you had tended it yourself. No offense intended, but I would probably be better suited to tending the wound. Would you like me to take a look for you?"

6. - Top - End - #1056

Tiriel

Tiriel watches the antics of her sloshed compaions with amusment, glad that she stopped drinking the wine after a few sips. Her attention is called back to those still in command of their senses by Adalmar's question and Callos opening the ring box.

Tiriel frowns at Adalamar's words. She knows that what lays ahead was hard, almost impossible, and deadly. And yet, she'd spent the better part of a year* faced with the same circumstances and she was still in one piece.
    "I'm not going to deny that we've taken on what seems an impossiple job. Even though we turned over the Kris to Sethra in ignorance, Anika and I both feel some responsibility, and guilt, for what happened.
    "Now that the East has been warned, the necromancer has to be dealt with. He's not the only one causing trouble, but if Sethra is taken out, well. That'd throw their plan entirely to hell.
    And I still have some unfinished business with a certain vampire.
    "

Tiriel glances at the rings. Some display very fine work while others seem less refined. She doesn't really know anything about gems, but the cloisonne one catches her eye before she looks up to see how Callos will deal with this second offer of help. What the hell did he do, and why won't he let the cleric see it?

[* ooc: I think it's been @ least a year in game since Tiriel, Katrine and Si'rene stole the kris]
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2007-09-05 at 06:51 PM. Reason: I wanted to include the word "sloshed" in a post :)
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

7. - Top - End - #1057

Fizahn:

Fizahn ignorantly drinks the jhuild. Due to his short stature and gross underestimation of the taller gnome-oids watered down drinks, he is quickly drunk. He looks at Tryntha as she offers Callos healing and looks at Callos's arm. "I'm sure it's fine. Callosish a very smart invidshooul. He knows magicy. I'm shure he knows medishin-ing." He once more raises his glass to his lips and drinks some more jhuild. He sets his glass down hard and looks at Elthan. "Thash good stuff. More stronger than I thot. Shudent drinkit. Gotshtuh keep yurwitsaboutchoo. Grynde dun worry. He ain't gotno witsh ta begin wif."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

8. - Top - End - #1058

And I still have some unfinished business with a certain vampire."
    "Me too." interjects Adalmar firmly, thinking back on his deserted birth town.

Then he relaxes ; the worried creases on his face disappear as he takes a sip of jhuild. He smiles across the table at Fizahn.

So it'll be stumbling blindly in the dark... Well, that's what I did in the Underdark, and I survived, if barely.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

Callos

Being patient was a virtue and Callos was happy for a healthy supply of the stuff as a barrage of questions and accusations made against his person in looks and actual words. He was about to open his mouth to respond to Khaz's abrupt decline of the rings when Tiriel spoke up about an idle thing he had mentioned.

"I think we need a common definition of the word 'unclean' here, I mean someone with the taint of Sethra embedded into them. Not some other form of taint inside of them, otherwise Elthan probably wouldn't have one or even myself." He said with a tired sigh and shake of his head as his mind moved unto what the scruffy looking man flirting with the woman was saying. "There does seem to be a problem with less rings then there are people and taking someone unprotected into battle with Sethra is just begging for him to escape and swap bodies once more, but as far as I know theres no reason we can't replicate the...blocking properties into other rings with the proper craftsman. As for the special abilities of each ring...I have no idea what each one does and I haven't had any time at all to study them. Just got them after all. And you shouldn't jump to conclusions about me pointing fingers Fizahn, I was referring to those already passed on from this group, not you specifically."

Narrowed eyes gazed around the table as more and more people began to peer at the rings and they kept darting around swiftly to ensure that nobody would be trying to swipe one away from the box when he wasn't looking. Of course he had every reason to trust some of them but like he had said...he had been gone for a time and he had no way of knowing what had transpired since then. Though it was curious that he gave an understanding look at Damian and a nod of his head, he knew how the mercenary system worked...not that he had any money to pay the guy but he knew there was supposed to be honor inherit to the whole process though if he was the wrong type he might just take any offered money and run off with it.

Then a somewhat...irate glance over at the woman offering to take a look at his arm and gave a disgruntled groan. Pesky inquisitive nature. Fine fine, I'll let you take a look at it later in private, but try not to tamper too much. There are some very fine and delicate workings there that I don't want disturbed but I understand the need for an...expierenced healer to make sure it hasn't gotten infected...I thought it was just fine since it stopped bleeding...you are expeirenced...right?" He questioned a bit uneasily as he took the mug of fire wine and looked down at it with a wary eye. Just what did they put in this stuff? Well...best to drink his fill later once the important matters had been completed but he took a hearty sip to see how it tasted.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Orc in the Playground

Faluil

Faluil considered himself a connoisseur of strange liquors, having been a traveler for nearly half a century. In his time he had come to learn that drinking them before you knew what they did to you was foolish and stupid. So he refrained from touching the firewine but made a mental note to get some before he left.

Perhaps when this business is settled I can find Melrya and we can have a little meal with the stuff. He paused, then winced. Best not get too far ahead of myself. I have to help these people. Dirty necromancers.

He stayed quiet while everyone bickered about the rings and the human mage's character, merely stealing a quick sip from a glass of the wine. Then the mage mentioned his "delicate" arm and a red flag raised itself in his mind.

A note was quickly formed and filed into the back of his mind to be wary of this one, At this rate I will be distrustful of everyone, hmm?.

He spoke, then.

"New friends...I want you to know that I volunteer my services to this cause, this Necromancer Hunt. But in the interest of trust, I should tell you that my reasons are not vengeance for my home of Myth Drannor. I want to do this for the good of Faerun. That and I believe necromancers to be a blight and a threat to good."

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

11. - Top - End - #1061

Tiriel tries to recall how long it has been since that fateful trip to Hlondeth. She and her companions had spent so much time on the run through the Underdark that she realizes that she isn't quite sure exactly what the date is anymore.

During a lull in the conversation, she leans over towards the Rashemi healer. "May I ask you a question? When is it exactly right now?"

If Tryntha finds the question odd, she does not let it show on her face. "The claws of cold are ending and we are about to enter the sunsets ..."

Tiriel has to translate Tryntha's colloquial description into the usual Harptosian months.

Our journey began in Eleint, and we celebrated Highharvestide in Velprintalar. Somewhere in the Underdark we lost Marpenoth, Uktar, and Nightal. I think we surfaced sometime in Hammer, and seem to have spent Alturiak on road ... and now here we are, about to start Ches. Amazing. Spring will be here soon.

OOC: The campaign began in "September" of 713, and we are about to enter "March" of 714.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-09-06 at 09:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1062

Goblin

Retay

Retay's cheeks are pink, but with so much muscle to absorb the jhuild, he still has his wits. Well, some of them.

"Haha! Cann'bal snake!" he laughs boisterously. "Tha's worth its weight in brass, at least... Wait, it is brass."

As the conversation turns, he grows more solemn. His words are still slurred, but he seems to know what he's saying as he declares, "You may no' know me well, bu' believe me when I say dis: 'slong as you oppose the necromancer, I'll follow you t'the end."

I will let it happen to noone else... Oooh, shiny.
    Last edited by Naleh; 2007-09-06 at 01:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Grynde

He downs an entire cupful of the wine in one, spilling quite a bit - His impeccable manners have gone to hell - Then refills his vessel.
    Hey he pesters, Hey, likkle man, Fizzy, yeh, yoo. He seems to struggle with himself for a moment, obviously thinking, before he continues. I wouldn't really've cut choo in two. Mebbe jus' one an' a half... Or three....But you shaid not nice shtuff. And people who shay mean shtuff get beated by me he punches the air twice, before promptly falling sideways off his seat.
    I'm fine! Gerroffme! he struggles with nothing for a moment, before giving up and sitting back down.
    He glances lopsidedly at Elthan. Inbreditatted ackwhat? That'd better not've bin mean...
    Last edited by Matticus; 2007-09-06 at 03:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1064

Aeroz

Taking a few casual sips of the jhuild every once in a while, Aeroz surveys the new additions to the group. At every stop this little party of theirs seemed to grow. It may even turn itself into an army if this keeps up. However, on the thought of the new members came memories of the loss of old ones. However, this wasn't a time for moping.

He drinks more of the firewine, and finds himself a little more inebriated then he first expected. Aeroz hadn't been talkative through most of the journey. Perhaps the events that passed since that night at that tavern - what was it again? The Black Bat or something? - had passed.

As the alcohol coursed through his system, a song from a long time ago comes to his head.

From evening to morning
    and morning to evening
    I wanna drink
    something stronger than a man
    From evening to morning
    and morning to evening
    I wanna drink
    cause that's what I am

Unaware that he is doing it, he begins humming the tune, even making the occasional mumble that sounds like a lyric.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Tryntha

Tryntha had been sitting on the edge of her chair, leaning towards Callos when she made her request. Warmth and sincerity had been painted across her face.

At his response, a quick look of sadness and disappointment is replaced by a calm contentment as Tryntha settles back in her chair, and responded in a flat, deflated voice,

"I have been trained in many of the healing arts, both mundane and magical. If you require further assurances of my skill, you should be able to get first-hand accountings of my healing from some of your companions who were unfortunate enough to be caught in the avalanche with my caravan."

Her head sagging onto her shoulders a bit, she continues in a softer tone,

"In case it is not obvious to you from my accent and my attire, these are my homelands. My Lord has decreed that Rasheman will summon its warriors to beat back this horde. I will go as he decrees, but I would help you nonetheless, for it is the right thing to do. But...even were it not the right thing to do...I would seek to bring peace to the spirit of my fallen sister-to-be whose mask you have brought back to our lands. For this our people owe you a debt of gratitude, and I would take it upon myself to repay this debt to you. Along with my training in the healing arts, I also can channel energies that are quite potent in fighting the undead. Perhaps these powers will be useful in dealing with the minions of a potent necromancer."

16. - Top - End - #1066

Tiriel

Tiriel had been harboring an idea in the back of her mind ever since they'd emerged from their most recent foray into the Underdark. She wasn't sure if they'd be able to take Lissa back with them since no one knew if the vampire's "homing beacon" had worn off. Sure, the mark had left, but it hadn't been visible in the first place. Traveling back into the mess they'd just left was bad enough, bringing something that shouted, "here we are!" was just stupid.
    Having watching Lissa and Ackhby drunkenly wander off had convince Tiriel that leaving Lissa, and Ackhby, behind might not be such a bad idea. If two people had found happiness in the mess, then they should have a chance to enjoy it together.

"We'd be honored to have you join us, if the Iron Lord agrees, Tryntha. We'll need the help and support of someone with your skills."
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

17. - Top - End - #1067

Khazrael

As the evening passes, Khazrael grows more and more relaxed. He finally seems like he's in his element. He jokes and tells amusing stories of his youth in Marsember, and his eyes shine with a light that had started to go out in the weeks spent in the frozen snow. He occasionally moves from seat to seat in order to talk to everyone, but seems to stick fairly close to Tiriel and Anika.

At length, he returns the discussion to the rings.

"So Callos, how about we give these rings a try? I'll volunteer to be the guinea pig if I can use the silver bug one. I bet they do something besides just keeping necromancers at bay."

18. - Top - End - #1068

PirateCaptain

Tanner Gondsman

Tanner watches and listens to the other conversations but does little to join them. He seems to be deep in thought. Strange, he thinks to himself, although an outsider to Rasheman, my home has become here. But now, with all of my possessions gone, my business will no longer function. It seems I am faced with the ogre's choice...die quickly or die slowly. I have proven useful to this group, but Tryntha has shown herself to be capable. What it boils down to is this, Gond, where (other than you) do my loyalties lie? Are they to myself? my business? or these people? Although there is promise among them, he looks at Damian, it always seems to be tainted in one fashion or another. Tanner looks at the rings and eventually to Grynde. Gond, I leave it to you. You have molded me and have tempered my soul; my fate is in your hands.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

19. - Top - End - #1069

Damian

The casual atmosphere brewing as the alcohol seeps into the others' brains seems somewhat to set Damian on edge, and he tends to hug more towards the walls. Brooding, almost. His offer to Callos - and somewhat to the others - was simple, yet he still had a nagging feeling they wouldn't take him up on it. Ethics. Beh.

This was a problem. The encroaching army meant there was no easy escape. The ensuing war would mean there would be little call for his services outside of the war itself. The Iron Lord was far too proud to ever stoop to offering payment.

There was a bigger problem surfacing, however. Tanner's frown hinted at that. These were decent people - well, for the most part; Grynde could be tossed from a cliff with little distinction, and no one seems to particularly like Elthan. They believed in the importance of their mission. He... wouldn't want to betray them.

But what did they expect from him? Who did they think he was? He never presented himself as anything other than what he was: for sale. Did they expect him to care about this country? About this world? Did they even know what this world thought of him?

He stole a glance over to Khazrael. Both outcasts. But Khazrael seemed to care. Why? What did he care if these nations fell?

There it was again. That nagging feeling that something was wrong with him because of the way he was.

Beh again. Oh well. Worry about it later. "Hey, Fizahn," he calls over to the drunken gnome. "You never said whether or not you'd teach me gnome. You sound too drunk to lie to me now, and you're probably more than willing to give away some of the more colorful bits."
    Last edited by barawn; 2007-09-06 at 03:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070

Fizahn:

Fizahn looks at Damian as the spellthief addresses him. He blinks a few times as the other man's words slowly work their way through his muddled head. A broad grin splits his face as the words finally make sense to him. "Oh yah, yah, I'll teachya the best langidge. It takesh times though. I'll teashchsh ondaway to Shethrash housey." He pauses for a second before releasing a string of gnomish curses. "Thos're the good bitsh though."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

Perhaps I was a bit sharp with her... Callos thought to himself as he viewed the disappointed look on her face and rubbed his good hand across the stubble on his cheeks and chin. What to do about it was...simple enough to figure out...if the girl was older...among other things...hmmm...maybe it wasn't so simple.

"I'm sorry if I'm testy but a lot of work has gone into what I've done and...inexperienced tampering could ruin all of it, and what I've done is not something I want to repeat. I've seen many a 'healer' whos methods are on par with a village butcher so I'm a little leery about clerics I don't entirely know yet." Callos said a bit sheepishly as he took another forkful thoughtfully and swallowed before opening his mouth to speak again, something most people would argue is what got him into these situations in the first place. "Please, I had nothing to do with the negotiations or bringing the mask here so you really don't owe me personally anything. In fact I may owe you since I feel we may have been able to prevent her unfortunate demise. If you don't mind, may I ask what deity do you give praise to? Most healers who can also deter the undead have some connection to the divine and I find the subject of religion to be fascinating."

Then he paused to look over towards Faluil to give a slow and, purposefully, creepy smile. The only other time he had done that was to try and freak out a town guard when he had been in a particularly playful mood. "We necromancers have to know what source to tap into and how best to utilize it. Being a blight of Faerun isn't easy after all."

That may have been too much...

"Listen, don't think all necromancers are out to slaughter villages or destroy all that is wholesome. Some of us are fighting to prove that theres other use for such energies and spells after all. And Khaz...I would but I don't quite know how to activate the rings. Not yet anyway."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-09-06 at 07:22 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #1072

Khazrael

Khazrael sticks out his tongue at Callos's dismissal. "How are you supposed to learn if you don't give it a try?"

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

Anika

Anika, for once, is more talkative than usual. "Khazrael, I've heard of some magical rings or bracers or other enchanted stuff that's cursed, so that when someone puts it on, it makes them weak or stupid or clumsy, and they can't take it off. Callos' contact seems to need him though, so that's unlikely. But what if the ring could shoot fireballs at people? You wouldn't want to set that off accidentally in here."
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

24. - Top - End - #1074

Khazrael

Khazrael gives a sigh and pouts. "Oh, alright. It's just that the anticipation is killing me."

He grins.

"That's a complete lie. I just like the bug ring is all. I guess we can wait...is there a way to use, like, magic to see what exactly they do?"
    Last edited by Koji; 2007-09-06 at 09:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Khazrael hovers above the box of rings, his nose less than an inch from the filigree dragonfly.

"It looks like something is written on the inside of the ring," he observes.

Elthan takes off the plain copper band he had slipped on in Hlondeth. There is a word inscribed inside his ring in draconic - sjach, which means "shadow".

Callos works the ornate, gem encrusted ring off of his finger and finds the word, levethix, or "wizard".

"Did you choose the rings, or did the rings choose you?" giggles Desmona before slumping forward, her forehead striking the table with alarming force, almost knocking over her half-empty goblet of jhuild.
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2007-09-06 at 11:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Damian

Damian walks over to Khazrael and Callos when they begin glancing over the rings. "That depends. Identifying magic items can be expensive, plus with that many, you'd pretty much need a few days to kill. Much as you're enthusiastic about it, though, Khazrael, I can help, too. I've got a knack for getting magic items to work even when they're not supposed to. Magic seems to like me more than others. No clue why."

"Maybe we should see what the others read, though. Nine, though? There were only three of you who arrived. Did you let them know about the others in your party?"
    Last edited by barawn; 2007-09-07 at 01:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077

Aeroz shrugs. "We had a spy among us. The inspector knew all about us without our having to say a word, though I daresay he doesn't know about you."

Tiriel is drawn to the cloisonne ring, while Elthan, Grynde and Retay eyeball the copper snake. Khazrael finally picks up the silver dragonfly. It is light in his hand.

Off in a corner, Elthan puts the copper ring back on and whispers "sjach" to himself. He is immediately cloaked in shadowy darkness. Whispering the command word again, he terminates the effect. The half-elf returns to the table.

28. - Top - End - #1078

PirateCaptain

Tanner Gondsman

After witnessing Desmona pass out, Tanner says to Tiriel, "Tiriel, would you mind assisting Desmona to a room where she may rest more comfortably?" He helps her up and inspects Dez's forehead to make sure no healing is required.

Tanner will then get up and walk past Damian and Fizahn and say gruffly, "Just so you know, Damian, the going rate for language tutoring in gnomish is one gold a word. Perhaps some bartering contract could be made to trade your services for Fizahn's language?" Tanner gives a knowing look at Fizahn before moving on.

He will then take the opportunity to approach Sigurd or some other Rashemi in the area and inquire about getting a weapon or two and a buckler or light shield having lost everything and only having a club for a weapon. After which, Tanner will return to his shop to start the close-up process.
    Last edited by Darius; 2007-09-07 at 11:05 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

Hmm...looks like a command word to me...is it voice-activated or can it be done with thought alone?

Curiousty was beginning to flourish in his mind once more as he turned his attention to the jewel encrusted ring and began to idly turn it around and around on his finger. Looking around for a...relatively open and unpopulated area (Or the ceiling if theres an opening to the sky) Callos pointed his ringed hand at the spot and muttered softly.

"Levethix"

30. - Top - End - #1080

Damian

Damian frowns slightly as Tanner passes. Smart-alec cleric. "That's all right. I'll just let him keep that bolt, and we'll call it even."

"Nine..." The word drifts as he looks around the room, counting. "That seems right - assuming Fizahn got excluded for being presumed dead."
    Last edited by barawn; 2007-09-07 at 12:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show