New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III: Don't Forget To Eat Today

I will believe D3 is 'dead' when Blizzard announces it. Besides, I still have fun with it, so it doesn't really matter if they are done developing it yet or not.

I'm also guessing the next expansion will be the fall of Imperius and the BBEG being Wrath. It is about the only part of the Prophecy left that hasn't been addressed yet. Rise of the Nephelim would also be amusing. Doubly so if they can get the AI on certain character builds correct and you have to basically PvP against other 'characters' with default gear and skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

2. - Top - End - #272
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Personally, I'd like to see them subvert what everyone is expecting, and not have Imperius go evil. Valor will turn to Wrath, but what if instead of just being Maltheal 2.0, the new Archangel of Wrath just decides it's up to him to singlehandedly solo Hell, and ends up trapped/stranded/imprisoned? The nephilim are the only people immune to the loss of Valor from the world and the lack of Wrath to take its place, so it's up to them to mount a rescue expedition and restore Imperius before Diablo can do whatever horrible evil Macguffin Ritual requires the sacrifice of a member of the Angiris Council, like resurrecting Tathamet or something. Imperius is such a jerkwad in D3 that I want something other than the blatantly obvious, just because.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Have two-handed weapons been buffed? I just got a staff, only 3 levels higher than my wand, that gave me at 66% increase to sheet damage.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Have two-handed weapons been buffed? I just got a staff, only 3 levels higher than my wand, that gave me at 66% increase to sheet damage.
    Buffed since when?

Last couple months? Yes. 2H weapons got a significant damage boost. I'd quote patch number but I'm too lazy to look it up (was it 2.1?).

5. - Top - End - #275
    Spamalot in the Playground

Patch 2.2 stuff!

- New Bounties!
    - New Goblins!
    - New Legendaries! (Meaningful ones!)
    - New 6pc sets!
    - New rift maps!
    - New.... file type?

Only minor class changes though. Boo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Where's my new dye colors? I want to have an actual rainbow dye instead of just coloring each piece a different color!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Patch 2.2 stuff!

- New Bounties!
    - New Goblins!
    - New Legendaries! (Meaningful ones!)
    - New 6pc sets!
    - New rift maps!
    - New.... file type?

Only minor class changes though. Boo.
    Whoa, they are getting rid of MPQs? I remember fiddling with those back in Starcraft...

@legendaries/sets/new bonuses: Hooray, hopefully this'll bring a bit more diversity to the game. I don't think they will be able to top Furious Charge's versatility and synergy potential for barbarians, though... it's hard to argue with crowd control, very fast movement and massive damage all at the same time.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Whoa, they are getting rid of MPQs? I remember fiddling with those back in Starcraft...

@legendaries/sets/new bonuses: Hooray, hopefully this'll bring a bit more diversity to the game. I don't think they will be able to top Furious Charge's versatility and synergy potential for barbarians, though... it's hard to argue with crowd control, very fast movement and massive damage all at the same time.
    Indeed - and it's not just fast movement, but it's movement through enemies, letting you use it for offense and defense. I doubt my build will change much.

But regardless of what the new sets and legs do, they present new transmog opportunities, so I'm looking forward to them for that reason if nothing else.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #279
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I started playing again last week to see what I could do with Season 2. I rolled a Monk because it was the only melee class I haven't played yet, and so far I'm really enjoying it. I didn't find out until I was already 70 and pretty far along into gearing that it is apparently the new FoTM. I hate it when I roll FotM without intending to, especially when every random game I join has 1-3 other lightning monks dropping the super lightning bells. (seriously, it's pretty nice. 20mil crits in mediocre gear, plus ongoing damage. Now I just need a Lightning Elemental Gungdo's to start dropping shocking grasps in aoe groups for massive damage)

Anyway, I thought the topic title of this thread was a joke. Then yesterday I'm rifts in public games, just moving along farming... when around 4pm someone in the group says "Yeah I should probably get off and go grab lunch, I'm starting to get dizzy"

I immediately thought of this thread and couldn't stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes or so.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

It IS a joke. Because whatshisname, the angel dude apparently has to be reminded to eat and occasionally forgets, but yeah, gamers in general are good at forgetting they have bodily functions.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Thus making it appropriate on multiple levels.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    So I started playing again last week to see what I could do with Season 2. I rolled a Monk because it was the only melee class I haven't played yet, and so far I'm really enjoying it. I didn't find out until I was already 70 and pretty far along into gearing that it is apparently the new FoTM. I hate it when I roll FotM without intending to, especially when every random game I join has 1-3 other lightning monks dropping the super lightning bells. (seriously, it's pretty nice. 20mil crits in mediocre gear, plus ongoing damage. Now I just need a Lightning Elemental Gungdo's to start dropping shocking grasps in aoe groups for massive damage)

Anyway, I thought the topic title of this thread was a joke. Then yesterday I'm rifts in public games, just moving along farming... when around 4pm someone in the group says "Yeah I should probably get off and go grab lunch, I'm starting to get dizzy"

I immediately thought of this thread and couldn't stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes or so.
    I barely see any monks. The FotM is almost certainly Demon Hunters with sentries and Marauders.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #283

I barely see any monks. The FotM is almost certainly Demon Hunters with sentries and Marauders.
    In Seasons?

Monks are ridiculous because of the Gungdo bracer, that makes exploding palm absolutely ridiculous.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Looking for a bit of witch doctor level 70+ advice...

What sets should I be looking for?

I already have a Mask of Jeram (not a set but very nice itself) and the set that summons the three companions (templar, sorcerer, thief).

Is there an outstanding set for the witch doctor I should go delving for?
    Frolic and dance for joy often.
    Be determined in your ventures.
    -KAB

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrin View Post
    Looking for a bit of witch doctor level 70+ advice...

What sets should I be looking for?

I already have a Mask of Jeram (not a set but very nice itself) and the set that summons the three companions (templar, sorcerer, thief).

Is there an outstanding set for the witch doctor I should go delving for?
    The one that lets the fetishes persist is pretty nifty...
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    In Seasons?

Monks are ridiculous because of the Gungdo bracer, that makes exploding palm absolutely ridiculous.
    I don't know about Seasons, haven't played in them in months.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    The one that lets the fetishes persist is pretty nifty...
    That, and I think there is that one item that makes them all shoot a dart whenever you do.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

The gloves that increase pet attack speed by ~50%.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    The gloves that increase pet attack speed by ~50%.
    Tasker and Theo.

Ashera's Vestments aren't very good, in my opinion. The core failing is that they just don't hit very hard, especially if you haven't geared them up. Aughild's is a far better set to go for, for a 'just starting out' crafted set. Then I would get to work running Act I bounties to try and get a Ring of Royal Grandeur, so you can cram together the legendaries you need in combination with your sets.

But at day's end, the idea of 'going for' a particular set of gear is pretty ridiculous. Just keep running content and build your collection, and cobble together the best outfit/build you can out of what you've got.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey, thanks, everyone, for the advice. I'll keep an eye out for some of those legendary items.

Interesting timing, I just got the plans for Aughild's while paying tonight! Looks very good against elites.
    Frolic and dance for joy often.
    Be determined in your ventures.
    -KAB

20. - Top - End - #290
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I will believe D3 is 'dead' when Blizzard announces it. Besides, I still have fun with it, so it doesn't really matter if they are done developing it yet or not.

I'm also guessing the next expansion will be the fall of Imperius and the BBEG being Wrath. It is about the only part of the Prophecy left that hasn't been addressed yet. Rise of the Nephelim would also be amusing. Doubly so if they can get the AI on certain character builds correct and you have to basically PvP against other 'characters' with default gear and skills.
    i dont think i'll ever stop having fun with it (thats what she said?) to be honest, and while i enjoy the expansions and the storyline overall, i really just enjoy it for the fast gameplay. oh and the LOOT.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, thanks, everyone, for the advice. I'll keep an eye out for some of those legendary items.

Interesting timing, I just got the plans for Aughild's while paying tonight! Looks very good against elites.
    It is considered to be a staple 'filler' set, due to the bonuses against elites and relative ease of access. Once you get the pattern, you can make them pretty much at will. Personally, I've got Cain's right now to try and get more Magic Item Find so I can finish off that last piece of Firebird's for the full set bonus. Then I'll probably replace Cain's with Aughild's.

Although, I've been tempted to try a cold-based build lately. Pick up the Source that lets Ray of Frost pierce, combo with Blizzard and maybe Frozen Orb plus buffs. It would be more defensive because of the crowd control from slinging around all that Chilled and Frozen.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, news of Season 2 ending in a couple weeks (April 4?) inspired me to continue my goal of the Lorebook conquest, on Hardcore.

Just have Act 5 left to do, after finishing 2 (dang fezuul spawn), 3, and 4.

Edit:

HUZZAH!

Last edited by huttj509; 2015-03-22 at 09:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

As a side question:

Spoiler: Image
    Show

Where's that +8.6% healing on the Dash Prism coming from? I see nothing on there that's not on the Marauder's, except the resist all.

24. - Top - End - #294

Flumph

Maybe the XP on Kill is mistagged as providing "healing".

(I want moar of the marauder set, only have the shoulders)

25. - Top - End - #295

Season 1: 8/29/14 - 2/3/15. Total length: 158 days
    Season 2: 2/3/15 - 4/5/15. Total length: 61 days.

Methinks it's time they brought the AH back if they want to reinject some life into this thing.

(Or some form of item trading. Or a story expansion/DLC.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-03-22 at 09:42 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Season 1: 8/29/14 - 2/3/15. Total length: 158 days
    Season 2: 2/3/15 - 4/5/15. Total length: 61 days.

Methinks it's time they brought the AH back if they want to reinject some life into this thing.

(Or some form of item trading. Or a story expansion/DLC.)
    Season 1 was excessively long.

Season 2 was/is ~ the length they're intending seasons to be.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Season 1 was excessively long.

Season 2 was/is ~ the length they're intending seasons to be.
    If they're short though, that's even worse for the model. It means that if you simply wait two months, all the season-only Legendaries get dumped onto the regular loot tables, and you don't have to waste time playing through the campaign again, getting to 70 again on at least one character per primary stat, regrinding your artisans and paragon from scratch, reacquiring filler/gem recipes, and repeating your progress though the lower rifts until you finally reobtain the sets that let you compete on the higher ones with more MF until you can find them.

It means that the most of the folks who care about Seasons now are the ones who care about the leaderboards, and only a fraction of the base is hardcore enough to give two imps about the ladder itself. Even in D2, they knew that most of the folks who played ladder did so for the ladder-only goodies (runewords especially), not merely for the e-peen of seeing their name on some list.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #298

Flumph

It means that the most of the folks who care about Seasons now are the ones who care about the leaderboards, and only a fraction of the base is hardcore enough to give two imps about the ladder itself. Even in D2, they knew that most of the folks who played ladder did so for the ladder-only goodies (runewords especially), not merely for the e-peen of seeing their name on some list.
    If only a fraction of the player base gives a damn about something, designing extrinsic rewards to push the players who don't give a damn into doing it isn't going to energise that playerbase for the game or the thing you want them to do.

If only a small fraction of players care about leaderboards that's actually fine, as long as the leaderboard system is well designed for the needs of those players.

Blizzard don't actually get anything out of people being on the leaderboard model, and the intrinsic competition among players who actually care about the leaderboard will sustain it if it's worth sustaining at all.

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    If only a fraction of the player base gives a damn about something, designing extrinsic rewards to push the players who don't give a damn into doing it isn't going to energise that playerbase for the game or the thing you want them to do.

If only a small fraction of players care about leaderboards that's actually fine, as long as the leaderboard system is well designed for the needs of those players.

Blizzard don't actually get anything out of people being on the leaderboard model, and the intrinsic competition among players who actually care about the leaderboard will sustain it if it's worth sustaining at all.
    I'm not saying the leaderboards will go away - after all, even if only 100 people care enough about it to play, that's still enough for all of those folks to see their names up in lights, and so play they shall. But my assumption is that Blizzard wants more people in Seasons than just the leaderboard-chasing crowd. What I predict will happen is that the folks who don't care about seasons will play in bursts - for a while right after a season ends, if there indeed was some season item that they wanted for their build... or if there wasn't, they'll simply play some other game entirely until the following season ends, and if that season doesn't have anything they want either, they'll continue to sit the game out. And my assumption is that Blizzard doesn't really want that player behavior to be a thing either.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #300

Flumph

I'm not saying the leaderboards will go away - after all, even if only 100 people care enough about it to play, that's still enough for all of those folks to see their names up in lights, and so play they shall. But my assumption is that Blizzard wants more people in Seasons than just the leaderboard-chasing crowd. What I predict will happen is that the folks who don't care about seasons will play in bursts - for a while right after a season ends, if there indeed was some season item that they wanted for their build... or if there wasn't, they'll simply play some other game entirely until the following season ends, and if that season doesn't have anything they want either, they'll continue to sit the game out. And my assumption is that Blizzard doesn't really want that player behavior to be a thing either.
    On the other hand, long delays between season resets will just cause people not to re-engage with the season format because they either capped out their season character's progress too early and lost interest, creating the bursty play you already identified but also including a reset if they wanted to start a new seasonal character, or didn't cap out and so have a reason to not engage with the next season at all.

The length the season "should" be will be implicitly tied to the rate at which characters can progress, and for a committed player I suspect that quite a lot can be achieved in two months.