New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III: Don't Forget To Eat Today

Updated my Earth Druid ranged physical damage build. Now that I have 4pc Raekor and 6 pc IK, I basically have infinite rage - which I've put to good use thanks to the Berserker Rage passive.

In case anyone wants to give it a whirl (or slam, in this case): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Sj!hiSX!baZcbY

Oh, I also got this toy. (Where's that site that shows the level 70 versions of things again?)

Finally, I got an Ancient Leoric crown I'm looking forward to putting a gem in.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-01-14 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    Fastest way is for you to start a game on T6 then have a fully leveled person come in and destroy the packs. You will super level that way. Unfortunately its quite boring and I don't particularly enjoy doing it. Sorry...
    Yeah, that seems.... pointless. If you don't enjoy leveling DIII characters, I have it on good authority you don't like DIII. With that in mind, I think I might use the new season as an excuse to level someone new.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Updated my Earth Druid ranged physical damage build. Now that I have 4pc Raekor and 6 pc IK, I basically have infinite rage - which I've put to good use thanks to the Berserker Rage passive.

In case anyone wants to give it a whirl (or slam, in this case): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Sj!hiSX!baZcbY

Oh, I also got this toy. (Where's that site that shows the level 70 versions of things again?)

Finally, I got an Ancient Leoric crown I'm looking forward to putting a gem in.
    You know.... doesn't the Crown auto-drop from Leoric the first time you drop him? And the new legendary ability says you get a gem of the same quality as the one in the crown. And you can put an Imperial in the crown and a level 10 toon can still wear it...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    You know.... doesn't the Crown auto-drop from Leoric the first time you drop him? And the new legendary ability says you get a gem of the same quality as the one in the crown. And you can put an Imperial in the crown and a level 10 toon can still wear it...
    The one with the gem-drop ability is Broken Crown; Leoric's Crown is a separate item.

Regarding the Broken Crown's ability, I believe somewhere it was clarified by a blue that the ability makes another gem of the same type drop, but it's of the same quality as the gem that dropped, rather than the one in your hat.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Alternatively, go with Mask of Jeram so your pets hit like trucks.
    Got one of these tonight from Kadala, but no + to pet damage. :( maybe the next one.
    Frolic and dance for joy often.
    Be determined in your ventures.
    -KAB

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrin View Post
    Got one of these tonight from Kadala, but no + to pet damage. :( maybe the next one.
    You sure it was the right one? Mask of Jeram is guaranteed to roll 75-100% bonus damage for your pets...
    Morning Star

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Leveling is so bloody slow on anything less than torment 1, and the number of classes that enjoy torment from level 1 feels really small.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

I'm actually thinking of levelling another barbarian, for a pretty silly reason: so I don't have to swap gear on my main barbarian. Switching out the gems is a nuisance, and having to update transmogs based on my current spec and gear (THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT BY THE WAY) also ends up draining money and time.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-01-14 at 11:21 PM.
    Morning Star

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    You sure it was the right one? Mask of Jeram is guaranteed to roll 75-100% bonus damage for your pets...
    Hmm, interesting. The link says its a legendary item, but what I got was a set piece (green).

I will have to double-triple check the item I got tomorrow night. Maybe what I thought I got was a Mask of Jeram but in fact it's something else.

(Note, I play RoS on the PS3)
    -KAB

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrin View Post
    Hmm, interesting. The link says its a legendary item, but what I got was a set piece (green).

I will have to double-triple check the item I got tomorrow night. Maybe what I thought I got was a Mask of Jeram but in fact it's something else.

(Note, I play RoS on the PS3)
    Ah, okay. You got the Helltooth Mask, but because the PS3 doesn't have the newer patches, it still shows up as Mask of Jeram. For some reason, the helm for the Helltooth set was called "Mask of Jeram" even though there was already a legendary with the same name. It took forever for it to be changed (note that the set Mask isn't actually a voodoo mask, though it is WD-specific).
    Morning Star

11. - Top - End - #191

Yeah unfortunately, PS3 and 360 are on a delayed patch schedule and may miss some patches entirely. I would strongly consider upgrading to PS4 at some point.

I'd love for this game to go cross-platform, I have several friends that play on console and I really want to run circles around them help them get phat lewtz.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, I'll be. I double checked the item I received and, yes indeed, it appears to be part of the Helltooth set. Pretty clear looking at the list of items in the set on my PS3 as the "Mask" is the only one for which the name does not match the naming scheme of the set.

I feel like Indiana Jones discovering that the Arc was a fake.

I will have to keep my eyes peeled for a real Mask of Jeram. Thanks for the info and clarification!
    -KAB

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Asdfblargh. Kadala, just give me the Raekor's Wraps and stop being smarmy. You know my barbarian can't use Tasker and Theo very well.

I also wouldn't mind a Pride of Cassius

So yeah, I have discovered the downside to the Barbarian change. Dreadnought no longer pulling enemies means certain monsters (like zombie elites with 6 billion hp) take forever to kill, since you can't just drag them along to new groups and get more Vile Ward boosts from them. Still, having an extra charge is alright. Decent for control, if the freeze effect actually worked right.
    Morning Star

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I've finally maxed out my paragon points life on hit and I'm not sure what to start putting utility points into now. I'm guessing area damage would be best, but only because gold find seems pointless and my current build uses very little arcane power. Is area damage useful?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    So, I've finally maxed out my paragon points life on hit and I'm not sure what to start putting utility points into now. I'm guessing area damage would be best, but only because gold find seems pointless and my current build uses very little arcane power. Is area damage useful?
    Since the patch that made it apply to crits, very much yes, though it does nothing to single enemies.

How it works - there is a flat 20% chance on hitting an enemy that you will do X% of the damage from that hit as bonus damage to all enemies surrounding that enemy, within 10 yards. This can be increased by gear and the aforementioned Paragon stat. It is possible to boost it above 100%, i.e. your splash damage can end up doing more damage to than the hit that triggered it.

The 20% is checked per enemy, so if you're doing massive amounts of area damage to a huge pile of foes, it gets a lot of chances to trigger. It will not trigger off itself (i.e. the area damage dealt to a surrounding foe will not have a chance to trigger area damage again) - but if you use an ability that hits lots of enemies, such as wizard's Frozen Orb, you will check against each enemy hit, raising your chances of triggering the bonus damage at least once.

However, against single enemies like bosses it does nothing, because they won't have any surrounding enemies (most of the time) for the damage to trigger on. In rifts, it's basically a way to help you melt through crowds that much quicker on your way to the piñata at the end.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #196

Bumping to give everyone a heads up - it is double experience, magic find and goblins this weekend, and likely through MLK Day on Monday.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't the experience and gold only for playstation? I've done a few games on PC and I'm only getting double goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Isn't the experience and gold only for playstation? I've done a few games on PC and I'm only getting double goblins.
    Indeed. XP and Gold for PS3 and Xbox360, goblins for PC, PS4, and XBOXOne

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoo! Got the last piece of Tal's (the amulet)! Now I have Tal's at 2 pieces, Firebirds at 5 and Vyr's at 2, plus a RoRG.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Look, Kadala, we have to talk.

I know you seem to have an obsession for Blackthorn's Spurs. You've only given me a dozen of the blasted things so far. But I really, really don't want them. I'm looking for Firebird's Tsari.

No, not Vyr's. I don't have the cooldown reduction to pull off that set.

Look, I already told you... NOT Vyr's.

Okay, okay... I get it. Lots of people like Vyr's. I just want my firebird's. Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Also, would it kill you to have a little bit of crit chance or damage on anything you provide? Just sayin'...
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

I know you seem to have an obsession for Blackthorn's Spurs. You've only given me a dozen of the blasted things so far. But I really, really don't want them. I'm looking for Firebird's Tsari.

Okay, okay... I get it. Lots of people like Vyr's. I just want my firebird's. Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Also, would it kill you to have a little bit of crit chance or damage on anything you provide? Just sayin'...
    I can't here you so well dearie... Did you say you wanted Firewalkers? With movement speed on them?

22. - Top - End - #202

Kinda funny you mention this, because when I was hunting for Vyrs she gave me Firebirds nonstop. (Seriously, I have at least two of every Firebirds piece except the orb and armor, 1 of each.) It wouldn't surprise me if the algorithm was tweaked just to troll us.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-01-18 at 02:16 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #203
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

i actually haven't fired up D3 for a couple months; i think there was a six month span not too long ago in which i did nothing but play diablo, but i'm startin to lose interest
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Picked up Countess Julia'S Cameo over the weekend. This amulet is insane.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Kinda funny you mention this, because when I was hunting for Vyrs she gave me Firebirds nonstop. (Seriously, I have at least two of every Firebirds piece except the orb and armor, 1 of each.) It wouldn't surprise me if the algorithm was tweaked just to troll us.
    Takes into consideration what gear you are wearing and if you have more than two pieces of a set the odds of an additional piece of that set are divided by the number of pieces in that set currently in your possession?

And yes, the Countess's Cameo is insane. I love mine. It didn't have any crit chance or damage, but it DID have a +20% fire damage, and that works out just fine for me and my mono-element build. Maybe if I could get a Hellfire with a useful passive and some other good stats, I'd consider switching. Or maybe if I could find a cold equivalent, frozen is decidedly un-funny, but not for anything less.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2015-01-18 at 08:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 007_ctrl_room View Post
    i actually haven't fired up D3 for a couple months; i think there was a six month span not too long ago in which i did nothing but play diablo, but i'm startin to lose interest
    This happens to me, but I am leaning towards not picking it up until they stop making changes that just make itemization stupider and less enjoyable. (ancient legends, hey you have a 90% chance of that .001% drop chance thing being completely useless!)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    This happens to me, but I am leaning towards not picking it up until they stop making changes that just make itemization stupider and less enjoyable. (ancient legends, hey you have a 90% chance of that .001% drop chance thing being completely useless!)
    They've apparently made all rare items (as in, the obscenely-low drop legendaries) less rare, to compensate for Ancient legendary stuff. Also, a non-ancient Furnace or T&T is far from useless . If you already have one, though, yeah it's probably at best a tiny upgrade, a shard, or a stat swap for a new character.

From what I gather, legendary affixes are not affected by Ancient status. Only DPS, stats, and resistances are affected to a significant degree (I found a Zumi bonesaber thing with 2900 dps and about 980 strength, though no 2h weapons yet).

Regarding Cameo: There's actually one for each element, with Fire being the former reigning champion of "rarest item drop in the game". It probably still is, post-droprate buff; and for melee, it's also probably the most useful one, as it eliminates one of two near-insta-kill abilities at high levels (Fire Chains) and a lot of enemies have deadly fire-based attacks. Out of the ones I have access to, Xephirian has proved to be the most useful because of how many affixes deal large amounts of lightning damage. If I had a Mara's, I'd probably use it because I hate those Barbed Lurkers with a passion.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2015-01-19 at 01:09 AM.
    Morning Star

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    From what I gather, legendary affixes are not affected by Ancient status. Only DPS, stats, and resistances are affected to a significant degree (I found a Zumi bonesaber thing with 2900 dps and about 980 strength, though no 2h weapons yet).
    Actually it means the furnace is probably going to be useless because it has a much lower base damage then an ancient-non furnace weapon.

But it just seems like a terrible solution to the problem of people are too geared, we need to give them more progression. Lets just make 10% of drops have better stats, and make no actual changes to the items that are still generally terrible stat sticks!
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2015-01-19 at 01:17 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Ehn. Progression is gonna go all out of wack with the next expansion anyways when the level cap goes up. I like Ancients. Feels great when you get one even when its not in your build.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

I just want my farming to actually feel meaningful without simultaneously feeling like I'm not-actually-doing-anything. =\

That's, I think, my biggest problem with the game. It doesn't feel like you're meaningfully accomplishing more with the gear grind.