New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Plots

1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots

First Annual Wishing Contest

"Have fun!" Wolfy says with a grin and a small wave to the children before looking at Libra after they leave. "Who's next?"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Libra appears on her platform again as if nothing had ever happened and raises her hand dramatically. "Sophie! Daughter of that cyborg dude!" She announces as Sophie will appear before Libra and Wolfy. "Hey! I'm Libra and the wolfy guy is Wolfy! We're gods yada, yada, yada and you now get two free wishes! Weee!" She exclaims. "Oh and I know your father. I should grant him wishes some day."

3. - Top - End - #453

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Libra appears on her platform again as if nothing had ever happened and raises her hand dramatically. "Sophie! Daughter of that cyborg dude!" She announces as Sophie will appear before Libra and Wolfy. "Hey! I'm Libra and the wolfy guy is Wolfy! We're gods yada, yada, yada and you now get two free wishes! Weee!" She exclaims. "Oh and I know your father. I should grant him wishes some day."
    The sudden summons results in a sliding woman, a bit of blood upon her face, arriving. Sophia gets up, sheathing her blades in the side boxes. Her uniform has been updated recently, and her hair is cut short to her shoulders cuz godamnit, I'm in perpetual "fangirl mode" thanks to season 4. A navy blue sweater is adorned below her harness and coat, snugly fitting (like, just right size, not tight fanservice size) the lean, muscular woman's form. A holy symbol of Civiron hangs from her neck, paired with a silver necklace bearing a locket.
    She only shows surprise for a few seconds, quickly recovering as it is the Nexus, and listening with interest.
    ... So, just that? There's got to be a catch, right?
    She inquires skeptically.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #454

Libra giggles. "Nope! No catches at all! I never do catches!" She then tilts her head, looking at Sophia curiously. "Aren't you supposed to be black anyway?"
    Wat.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-02-02 at 11:42 AM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    First Annual Wishing Contest - Nephea

Wolfy smiles and waves his paw, casting an explosive could of smoke around Nephea. When it vanishes she'll find herself unchanged except for a cheap looking plastic bracelet on her wrist. "That will let you do it, and even if it is taken away the bracelet will return. This way no one will suspect it is a nearly innate power."
    With a 'Pfoomp!', Nephea vanished into a cloud of bright pink smoke only to appear behind Wolfy with her hands behind her head in that sort of way that spoke of one being up to mischief despite not actively performing anything at the moment.

Or maybe that was just what her impish grin seemed to imply.

Regardless, another few puffs of smoke later as the catamander played around with the new effect before either potentially appearing in front of the god to shake his hand or on his shoulders as if he had said that he would in fact give her a piggy back ride. Whichever one might be the most amusing, really. "This is soooo coool!" she exclaimed, grinning widely. She couldn't exactly mimic the same 'ear to ear' grin that most other humanoids could simply because that would look super creepy what with her ears being higher up. She'd have to smile wide enough that her face might come apart like an undone zipper if that were the case!

Still, that left the request given to Libra now..

6. - Top - End - #456

Libra giggles. "Nope! No catches at all! I never do catches!" She then tilts her head, looking at Sophia curiously. "Aren't you supposed to be black anyway?"
    Wat.
    sorry, i'm afraid you're thinking of someone else.
    Sophia replies with slight amusement, aware of why.
    Alright. so i assume i should make a wish, then...
    I wish I could better use the world around me to my advantage.

sophia wishes.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #457

"Well, that's easy! You're now a shapeshifter!" Libra exclaims with a dramatic gesture at Sophia.
    The recon trooper will now become able to assume the form of any non-magical creature or alter her current human form as long as it doesn't exceeds her current biomass. She could increase the biomass by eating more I suppose, but I'm not sure if she likes to get all that fat.

"Now you could become black if you wanted to!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-02-09 at 09:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458

"Well, that's easy! You're now a shapeshifter!" Libra exclaims with a dramatic gesture at Sophia.
    The recon trooper will now become able to assume the form of any non-magical creature or alter her current human form as long as it doesn't exceeds her current biomass. She could increase the biomass by eating more I suppose, but I'm not sure if she likes to get all that fat.

"You you could become black if you wanted to!"
    Sophia naturally tries out the new power, holding her left hand in front of her and watching with slight surprise as, with a thought, her skin darkens upon it. she doesn't keep it darkened, though.
    Thank you. Glad to see you can easily think out of the box. I dint expect you'd do shapeshifting.
    Not that I'm complaining in any way. just saying I didn't expect that.

Sophia was expecting maybe a way to easily note tactical advantages or being able to alter her skills or even elemental magic, as she'd heard Libra wasn't usually the most clever when it comes to wishes.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #459

[The Dimmest Dungeon]

It didn't really matter just what the place was called. For most it was a place to rot while for others it was a night's stay before ransom was delivered. Well.. I s'pose them legals call it 'bail' to keep it sounding nice 'n tidy. Of course, the problem that Alex saw was that for the past three nights there hadn't been anyone sprung out on bail.. Or.. Much of anyone at all, really. Sure, there was still food delivered but that was some of that fancy magic stuff that made it appear and disappear depending on what time of day it was. He was starting to get really tired of what swill they called 'meatloaf with gravy' (or at least that was what he assumed that's what it was supposed to be), as it had been breakfast, lunch, and dinner for.. About the same amount of time, come to think of it.

Really, this was a pretty high-security place for a person like him. All he'd tried to do was lift the purse of some fop who... Well, apparently that wasn't a fop but an agent in disguise and that wasn't a purse but a clandestine communique. Thankfully they'd had the brains to see he wasn't some counter spy but that didn't stop them from tossing him in here with the rest of the 'enemies of state' about one month ago. 'Corse, 'Enemies of State' was about as true, at least as far as he'd seen, as a feathered horse. Leaning up near the bars, careful not to touch them as some damn mage had gotten the clever idea to make them all shock-y when they were touched by anyone other than a guard, he did his best to peer around for any sign what-so-ever of any patrols. This had been the fifteenth time he had done this but he'd heard from the guy who used to be across from him that they only 'appeared' to be under light guard. Still, he didn't hear any footsteps of anyone invisible walking by or... Well, it had been getting a little rowdy lately and nobody had come to put the shock-y baton to them yet for not quieting down.

Laying back down on his cot, he thumped the wall with his feet as he tried to rouse his neighbor from.. Whatever they were doing. "Hoy, mate? You seen an officer around lately? Been wanting to file a complaint about the food." he said, his voice dripping with enough sarcasm that the air itself might have grown just slightly more moist from it's simple utterance.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2015-02-09 at 10:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

The Dimmerest Dungeon

His companion, if you could call him anything of the sort, is jarred enough from his contemplative silence to utter a derisive snort, more than he'd have ever done in the presence of a guard. A political prisoner, charged with aiding and abetting terrorists by the men in charge, but in reality here for reasons he would never admit to to anyone, the man sighs as his self-imposed silence was destroyed by an errant joke and he elects to lever himself out of bed grumpily.

"Pretty sure they've just given up on us sort, this far in. Maybe they think a few weeks of silence'll crack some of us, or maybe they're just short staffed rounding up more folks to cram the cells with." The notebook he'd been allowed to keep in his cell, presumably in case he wrote something damning or confessional within, has been looking pretty tempting. But so far, the only thing he's used it for is writing fake ciphers to drive the cryptologists nuts.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #461

[The Dungeon of Exceptionally Poor Lighting]

"You'd think they'd at least stick around for the high-roller gents. I bet old Tumsie's about to crack from the lack of proper tea." he said, referring to the large, almost pitiably harmless fellow who had been inducted barely a week ago. Something about defrauding some high-lifer or whatever. The man looked too soft to even walk through a rough patch of town, let alone the prison life. Not like anyone in here was really all that much of a thug, though. Alex supposed he had lucked out there else he'd probably have tried to snatch a knife when the meals had come around. Or.. Well, probably just a spoon although he had a dim view of how long it would take to sharpen it. It would make for a good story if he'd ever been one to get bloody but mostly he had been content with just picking pockets.

With a grumble, he hurled his pillow half-heartedly at his cell door, expecting some sparks followed by a few guards to come running. Instead, the hard excuse for a creature comfort just hit with a dull 'foomp' and then fell to the floor with an equally dull noise. "Uh.." rolling off the cot and grabbing the pillow again, he tried a second time but with more deliberate force.

Again, nothing special.

Well.. The worst shock he'd ever gotten just hurt and made his hand numb for a minute at most so.. Aiming a kick at the door, he connected with a loud rattle which was soon followed by a stream of colorful curses. Lacking shoes versus metal bars was not the best combination...

Though, due to the force and perhaps the expectancy that the electrified gates would be enough deterrent, maintenance on the actual structure had been.. Lackluster, to say the least. His 'partner's' cell reaped the benefit of his efforts, though, as the bars carried the jostling just well enough to loosen a hinge. It probably would be easily reachable with a bit of finesse.. Or maybe some sort of jury-rigged tool or something.

12. - Top - End - #462

The Doldrumest Dungeon

And that gets the hitherto unnamed man's attention, he's now sitting properly upright and listening intently to the din of expletives and echoing metallic rings in the cold, stony corridor.

""No time to waste, chum, that's my queue." He even says it with the probably improper french extension, not caring that he's not lining up to leave instead of taking an opportunity suddenly presented to him.

With surprising adeptness, his pen is shimmied into the hinge, carefully touching the bars at first to make certain it wasn't just a fluke. Once it's been tested, he'll be prying, jiggling, and jostling that metal pin adroitly, finding old habits easily kicking in after a few months out of practice.

"Don't suppose you're as much a fool as I am?" Good lords of light and shadow, he's even whistling merrily, or what passes for it with parched lips and no sense of tune.

When the lock is bypassed and the door is scraped across the floor to one side, Alex will get his first proper look at his elusive roomie in the longest time. Well, in a few days. Unshaven, a bit crazed in the eyes, but no less dashing for his manic grin, the supposed "terrorist" tilts his head to the side as more of the prisoners begin testing their bars after the clamor and racket his budding escape attempt made.

"Because if you're not, you're likely going to have to find your own way loose, or stay here and miss a golden opportunity to be shot at."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2015-02-09 at 11:26 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #463

[The Dour Dungeon]

"...Gods you look like hell. Don't give me a mirror, I'd bet coin I look worse." Alex said, rubbing at the sore spots on his foot still. He didn't like the crazy-eyes of this guy but he also seemed to have a way out of here with that pen of his. Or at least that's what Alex assumed he used given that there wasn't much else on his person that looked like it could pop a hinge. "If you're selling freedom then I'm buying. Wanna be gone before anyone else gets out and tries to form.. I dunno, some kind of escape committee." he said.

Plus it would mean they'd get prime pickings from wherever they stowed the prisoners' belongings. He might make out with a nice coat for the road rather than these rags. Then he could just skip over to somewhere in the countryside and hire himself out as a farm-hand for a season or so. Long enough to get the heat off his back, at least and he wasn't adverse to a little hard work if it kept him out of a cell. He didn't mind an honest wage but a crooked one paid better, faster, and generally with perks. Rings and things usually sold for a pretty penny in the right places.

"So you need me to maybe give the door a shake or hold it up or..?" he asked of his potential locksmith savior. Or at least some person clever who was with a pen. Why's he got a pen, even? He one of those types try'n to make some man-u-fest-oh in jail like some tortured revolutionary?

14. - Top - End - #464

The Dungeon With a Faint Odour of Browning Lemons

"Laser Pen." He says suddenly, turning the back end of his remarkably sturdy and apparently versatile writing implement to the hinge, and pulling on the arm that would normally secure it to the front end of a book or breast pocket. A short, high intensity burst of light emits from the butt end of the pen, actually the only visible part of an otherwise infared laser. It makes short work of the hinges, the heat it emits a few inches from the end acting as a cutting torch, and the rather hard to describe, unshaven man who we'll be calling Darryl, steps quickly aside as the door teeters warningly before crashing out into the hall.

"You're absolutely right, friend. Let's get in on the ground floor of this business venture while the getting's good." He says over the din of the bars slamming against the ground, which prompts the further racket of men and women in desperate situations trying to suddenly work themselves free.

Meanwhile, Darryl subtly discards the now slag-ended pen. Good for one use only, and even then it'll give your hands a nasty burn just as a reward for holding it right. Good thing he hadn't needed it on his own hinges, and could use old fashioned muscle.

15. - Top - End - #465

[The Dungeon of Souring Lemons?]

"A wot pen?" Alex asked a moment before the hinges were so promptly cut away. He had never expected 'Mightier than the sword' to ever be so literal..

He'd had enough of this haggling wordplay, though, and simply decided to take the boring route of more direct talk like you'd expect of any two prison escapees to use. Well, assuming they weren't talking with bird calls or a hand code of some sort. "You got any other tricks hidden away?" he asked, stepping over the fallen metal with a stretch. Being on the short side meant that he had needed to strain just a little.

"So, uh.. I never caught your name before, neighbor. You've probably heard the wardens telling ol' Alexander here to shut up more than once by now though." he ventured as he let his cell-mate lead the way for the time being. Just sitting around had lent to more than one occasion where he had tried singing, intentionally quite poorly even, bawdy tunes just to pass the time in his cell. On the upside, though, he felt he had gotten rather good at telling what time it was just from the angle of sunlight through whatever the nearest aperture was.. Though it's not like he wasn't doing what a pocket watch could do already. Come to think of it, there was a pretty 18 carat thing that he'd had on him when they had pinched him off the streets. It was even mostly his legal possession too! Or.. Whatever grey area it was when you stole something already stolen.

16. - Top - End - #466

The Dungeon Where One Can Inquire if Lemons, being Sour by Nature, Can Indeed be Souring Further

"No one catches my name, it's like bottling lightning." Ignoring the fact of the electric bars that encased their living quarters so ably before, "But on the books, they had me down as Darryl Abbot. And no, no more tricks like that one, just the mundane kind. That was the only one that could be smuggled in." More elusive hints about his turbulent lifestyle from the painfully nondescript Darryl, as he sucks at his burnt and slightly blistering fingers tenderly and seems to take a route that hints he knows exactly where he's going.

The halls are utterly empty of man and its trappings, as if the guards hadn't been here in a week, let alone three days. A thin coat of dust, invisible to the eye but noticeable by way of a white cloth swiped over it, covers every surface.

Eventually, the guard house and armory doors loom ahead, and Darryl gestures at Ole Alexander, "And this would be your specialty, sir. Find us a way in, and using what's inside, hopefully still there, I can find us the rest of the way out." Two locked doors, one leading to a potential source of ingress for the other, to test the thief's capacity for his art in a live fire trial.

17. - Top - End - #467

[The Dungeon Wherein It Would Be Preferred To Just Find Lemonade Instead]

Unfortunately, the weight of the doors meant that they would be too solid to just smash the lock with something nearby and grab what was inside. It sounded thuggish, and it was a little bit, but it was undeniably a very quick way to get past a lock. Though.. Maybe something around here could serve as a pick or a.. "We passed the kitchen on the way by here, right?" he asked aloud although it was more just to get his thoughts in order. "Cause, I think, if they're using wizardry to gt us those meals..." That there had to be something useful there that could be jury-rigged into a door-opening device.

Breaking into a quick jog, his unshod feet slapping against the hard floor, Alex slowed just as he stepped through the doorway into the kitchen. Inside was.. Well, it was strangely well kept for what he had seen of the place from the cell but he reasoned that was probably because the guards used it too. Catching his reflection in a surprisingly polished wok, he grimaced at how his scraggly beard had grown in to make him look like some mad homeless beggar. Hazel eyes peeked out from under uncut, earthen toned hair although he felt they looked comparably more sane than those of his apparent companion. "Now, let me see here.. Forks, spoons, knives.. Here we are!" he said to himself as he found some sharpening steel which was soon paired with a fillet knife. A meat hammer was discovered shortly afterwards and, taking his new treasures with him as if he were hunting some bizarre cross between tin-man and vampire, he rushed back to the armory door. "Funny thing about locked doors is that the locks are usually the weakest part of it all." he said, lining up the steel rod with the keyhole and making a few practice swings. [color=blue]"When you can't break the door around the lock.. Well, you can break the lock right through the door if you've got a sharp enough- *CRACK!* The lock mechanism sounded as if it had simply shattered from the sharpness of the impact although the bolt looked to still be in place... For only a moment, however, as the thinness of the knife was perfectly sized to slide the tip in and nudge the latch up and out of it's resting location and back, mostly, into it's resting place in the door. A few rough shoves later as the bit of the bolt that still peaked out scraped against it's sister fixture and the door came open with a tortured squeal. "I don't know if they just didn't care about upkeep here or if the lack of grease is just an early warning system now." he muttered, laying the impromptu tools aside for the moment with his job concluded, at least for the moment. "So what's it you're looking for in here?" he asked Darryl, letting the somewhat odd man lead on again for the moment. He seemed to know where to go for now so Alex wasn't against following him until they were out.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2015-02-10 at 11:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468

Guards Barracks in the Dungeon of Refreshing, Slightly Off Beverages

"Keys, there should be a spare ring of them in here according to my contact, and hopefully that didn't change just because we've been apparently abandoned." And so, Darryl will look for keys! He seems remarkably knowledgeable about the layout of this place, and its contents. "We should probably pick up our pace after this. As soon as some folks get out, they'll likely be in a state to look for revenge against each other, the guards, and any particularly loud singers. Unless you really want to arm yourself, best to leave the armory locked up. Or perhaps we should arm ourselves, then lock it up again behind us, assuming no one is out and has reached us by then. However, might be worth a stop by contraband for a few bits and baubles, it's by the front doors."

19. - Top - End - #469

[Guard Barracks, Slightly Off Kilter. Too Many Drinks At The Bar]

"If you want something stabby, be my guest. I'm not much for the throat cutting business unless it comes in the form of haggling or hot sausage buns." Alex replied, hoping that his slightly off 'friend' would get the idea that he's not so much of a threat if he did totally snap at some point. Just a truncheon would be all he would look for, though. Things were actually pretty useful beyond smacking someone upside the head although just being a good deterrent was generally fine too.

"I think I'll go raid the 'treasure chest' they're keeping here, though. I've got something that belongs to me there but, beyond that, I say we go in halves for as much as we're willing to risk carrying after that." he said as he waited for Darryl to decide on if he wanted something more suited for forcible action. That much seemed fair at this point. "So I never caught the full of it but.. What exactly are you in for again? Some kind of poli-tickle active-ism?" he asked, struggling past the words which were just foreign enough from his normal vocabulary as to be interestingly exotic but not terribly attractive beyond that. Kinda like that curry stuff that shop down the road of his flat had sold. It looked strange and was too spicy for his tastes but the stew parts did smell kinda good when he caught a whiff of them in the morning when they were cooking. Kind of a shame that he'd have to leave that little place behind. It had been a good location until now.

20. - Top - End - #470

The Dungeon You Find Yourself In After Getting Blackout Drunk

"Just a shock baton then, for the both of us. Quick to get, there in bulk, and effective as all hell." The slightly off, but still rather stable despite his companion's concerns, man will skip along to the armory and pop it ajar, the combination apparently having been known to him, along with the key. He didn't even have the decency to put his ear to the tumblers artistically.

He gives Alexander an askew look when he selects a pair of sturdy striking and shocking clubs, shaking his head, "Officially I'm in here for aiding and abetting terrorists. Unofficially can wait until we either both get out alive, or you're on your dying breath and can't spill it to anyone else here. But I'm sure you have a few guesses already." He adds the last part somewhat skeptically. Alexander doesn't seem the sort to have guesses about much of anything.

He'll lock up the armory tightly, if no one comes along to interfere. "So the treasure chest? Would that be with contraband, just your term for it?"

21. - Top - End - #471

[The Dungeon That Doubles As The Drunk Tank]

"Uh.. Yeah.. That's what I was saying." Alex said as he welcomely accepted one of the batons. "So, what you're actually saying is that some newspaper printed a rude limerick you had made about the king then, mate?" he ventured as a joke. The way Darryl described it, it was probably a long story which would likely involve needing a strong pint of something to just sit through it all. Maybe even several pints if he wasn't wanting to give any hints although that last breath sort of thing was a bit worrying the way it was phrased... At the least, wasn't it supposed to be the other way around if he were the one dying? Or.. No he couldn't quite remember how the trope was supposed to go right now and he wouldn't waste more time trying to remember it.

There was another thing which was really unnerving him now, though. "So.. Have you been here before or something? You seem to know quite a lot about the place here... Didja used to be a guard or something?" he asked. The whole bit with the combination lock had sealed his suspicions as he could have let the whole 'sense of direction' thing go as a combination of good memory and lucky guesses. Alex himself was pretty good at measuring weights just from the look or feel of an object which came in handy when either looking to pinch or appraise a shiny thing. Some people just had a talent like that.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia naturally tries out the new power, holding her left hand in front of her and watching with slight surprise as, with a thought, her skin darkens upon it. she doesn't keep it darkened, though.
    Thank you. Glad to see you can easily think out of the box. I dint expect you'd do shapeshifting.
    Not that I'm complaining in any way. just saying I didn't expect that.

Sophia was expecting maybe a way to easily note tactical advantages or being able to alter her skills or even elemental magic, as she'd heard Libra wasn't usually the most clever when it comes to wishes.
    Wish Contest

"And what would you like to wish from me?"
    Wolfy asks, smiling gently as his tail wags in amusement and excitement.

23. - Top - End - #473

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wish Contest

"And what would you like to wish from me?"
    Wolfy asks, smiling gently as his tail wags in amusement and excitement.
    sophia thinks for a bit, pondering what to wish for and the best wording to do so.
    Hmm... I've made up my mind. I wish to be able to be there for those who need me.
    Sophia decides.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Wishing Contest

"No." Wolfy says plainly, interlacing his claws together and resting his muzzle on them. "I am sorry, but I will not grant that wish. It is too generic and open to far too many definitions. Worst of all, it would destroy you." He explains before leaning back in his chair. "People that need you...would be thousands every day. There are far too many people who could use assistance that you could provide. You would be transported every few seconds until your being would be torn apart by the energies. Either make your wish more specific, or find something else, I am sorry. As a result, I have lost this round, but I will try to grant you a wish."

25. - Top - End - #475

Wishing Contest

"Ha! I win!" Libra exclaims, her closed fist stretched towards the sky. "I'm such a winner today."

26. - Top - End - #476

The Dungeon You Hear About In Bawdy Limericks About the King

Darryl smiles in nostalgia, but it turns somewhat vicious as he turns to show it to Alexander, "Among other things friend." He replies to the casual accusation of limerick writing, turning to continue on down the hall with renewed direction and purpose. When his potential previous occupation is brought up, his shoulders hunch in a brief shrug, and without turning around he just repeats himself, "Among other things."

The exit, and the contraband lockup, loom down the next hall, but already the sounds of mounting rioting and conflict can be heard in the cells and rooms behind them. Seems like they only just barely got their headstart underway.

((Passing the torch to you.))

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Really, Really Lost

Kellia looks out over the gently rolling hills, lightly dusted with freshly-fallen snow. She has a scarf wrapped around her face, but as far as cold weather clothes go that's about it; turns out that Pokemon are a fair bit more resilient against temperature extremes than humans are, and that has at least partially carried over into Kellia's hybrid form.

Kellia is unhappy. Sure, the view is beautiful, there's always been something about gently rolling hills that she has found soothing, but...

"Where is this ski resort supposed to be!?!"

Kellia looks down at her map again. Why did she even print this map out? She is standing where the ski resort SHOULD be, but neither it nor anything that looks like it could support skiing is anywhere near here!

28. - Top - End - #478

[Snowbound]

Who in their right mind would trust maps in the Nexus?

Seriously?

Sure, they get a little more reliable the further one gets from Inside, but they still aren't a sure bet. You never know when a location might get plucked up and plopped down somewhere else. Or when something unpleasant might come hurtling out of the sky and crash into a snowdrift about fifteen feet away.

"AAAAAAAAAAH!"
    "AAAAAAAAAAH!"
    "AAAAAAAAAAH!"

*FWUMPH!*

See?

Just like that.

Two human shapes and one feline just face-planted into a deep heap of snow, leaving comically accurate outlines of themselves in the otherwise smooth, unblemished surface. Maybe they know what happened to the sky park?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Snowbound

"Oh cripes!" Kellia rushes over. "Are you two okay?" She'll try to get a look and see if they're badly hurt.

30. - Top - End - #480

[Snowbound]

Kellia is met by some low groaning from the holes in the snow.

Also?

Not two people.

Three!

And one of them? "Purrloin..." Isn't a human. The weird purple cat monster is the first to climb out of the hole, though she freezes at the sight of Kellia. Probably trying to figure out what the hell this strange creature she's looking at is.

Shortly there after the two humans emerge! One a guy, the other a gal, and both dressed well for a snowy day out! But perhaps most eye-catching are the white shirts with the big red 'R' emblazoned upon them.

"Uugh... where did we land, Bonnie?" the guy inquires as he brushes some snow off his bright red hair.

"No idea, Clyde, but at least nothing broke this time..." the gal replies with a huff. "That pachirisu got the best of us again..."

Looks like Kellia should get ready for trouble...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.