New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Plots

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots

Swampside

Krayger doesn't find anything around all that interesting, although he does find it a bit more pleasant than he did before. He simply keeps walking, hoping he finds something soon.

Temperance Teahouse

Ghoul gets an interested look from Spako. Krait gets downright disdain. Yes, this is what he needs when he's trying to be taken seriously. Another member of his species doing the rude, grammatically incorrect routine that makes it so hard to be taken seriously in the first place. Stupid people reinforcing stereotypes.
    "I wasn't really planning on marrying someone, but this sounds important enough to warrant a try, even if I'll likely default that right to someone else."
    He raises a hand. "Uh, can we get this change to 'lungs and heart?' I don't really plan on breaking the contract but I need both of those things to live."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Dungeons of Doom!]

"That's right!"
    Opal gasps. "Liches have those soul-boxes. If we don't find it and destroy it, his soul will be pulled to the box and begin regenerating a new body."

Well!

Isn't that annoying?

How will they figure out where they hid the thing?

"Though... I think I know where he might have put it. It was a secret spot only me and my brother new about,"
    Opal says. "It meant a lot to both of us, and I bet that's-"

"Wait, Darksteel is your brother?"
    Zippo exclaims.

Opal winces. "Yeah... I was Leina Darksteel when I was still human..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeons of Doom!

Morgan shakes her head.
    "Yeah, nasty undead stuff does nasty things to your head. I think all of us are familiar with that."
    Well, Morgan was only undead for five seconds, so she really doesn't. It's also a five second period she has completely deleted from her memory.
    "Okay, I guess we need to move out, then. Unless you remember any particular character flaws he might still have we can use, Opal? Because with what's around us, I don't think he's going to flinch at melting you along with the rest of us until we get him, ahem on the proper number of feet."

4. - Top - End - #214

[Temperance Teahouse]

Ghoul glanced over the scroll as she stroked her chin in thought. Other than the fact that she was mildly worried on the effects of this blood magic binding on a person with her condition, there was something else that was eating at her.. "Yanno what? Show of hands. Who here has actually fought a dragon before?" she asked, raising a hand to half mast although she expected to be the only one in the room to do so. "Now, you said her mother was some kind of 'Witch-Queen,' right? Pardon my suspicions but for all we know, she's just another wyrm in disguise which means, for all we know, your daughter is too. Baseless accusation? Maybe. But the last one I fought liked to hide as a witch too and I'm not willing to make the same mistake twice." she said sternly. It made sense in her mind, at least, as the king hadn't exactly done much other than express concern for his lineage with this daughter being tangentially related at best from her point of view. Probably he hadn't had any real contact with her until now unless he was atypically interested in his out-of-wedlock progeny.

"Tell you what though. Supposing this is the case which means we end up being forced to violate one or another rule of this contract. Can we not add some kind of clause where, should we be forced into a self-contradictory choice through the rules of the contract that the penalty is null in those instances?" she asked. Because it was better safe than sorry if it turned out that the princess was, in fact, the dragon. 'Appearing from under the earth' could be an easy mistake to make in the confusion of a dragon suddenly appearing, after all. It was usually good to keep in mind that eyewitness testimony was generally only forty percent right most of the time, anyway.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temperance Teahouse]

Jazirian almost raises his hand. He's fought a dragon! Of course, he is a dragon, so that's kind of unfair. Also, his character has never fought a dragon, so he manages to catch himself just in time, so as not to give him away.

In fact, all this negotiating about contracts is going over his character's head. Of course he's going to rescue the princess! And marry her! How romantic!

In theory.

No matter how in character Jazirian is trying to get, he's starting to have doubts about this whole ordeal. Especially with a contract that strict binding him.

His mission, after all, had been to try and avoid slaying the dragon, if possible. Hopefully one of the others will get the contract thrown out, or else Jazirian will have to skip out on the official mission, and maybe try and tail the team from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    RLoR - Battle of the CENTURY!

"To the death!" Happy answers at once. Warsporks. Heh. It had been a long time since she'd fought with them, and she's tempted to choose that just for nostalgia's sake. But even as rusty as she is, there wouldn't be any challenge. She gestures the Malbots away. Away with those comically oversized utensils!

"My weapon of choice is... Cammy! And a game controller that isn't encrusted with Cheez-its dust!"

That's right... she's challenged him to a game of Streetside Fighter!
    Malice frowns, his MalBots carrying in a television, console, and controllers before he can object to the barbarian's shenanigans. He's not exactly thrilled to see Happy isn't taking this whole kidnapping thing as seriously as he'd like. In fact, just for this little stunt, he's not going to feel even a little guilty when he steals her brain later!

"Ugh. If I hadn't already accepted your challenge, I'd suck out your brain right here and now, Happy." His eyes narrow, and he gestures towards an empty chair. A MalBot is already setting up handcuffs on one of the chair's legs, presumably to keep her from slipping away mid-game. Those cuffs would mean nothing to a shapeshifter; did Malice die before Happy ever got to demonstrate those powers? Or maybe he just forgot?

He chooses M. Bison, of course. I don't think he could possibly play any other character, really. I mean, a nefarious supervillain with a name that starts with M, a military uniform the same color as Malice's robes, and that infamous 'But for me, it was Tuesday' quote? Aside from Cyber Akuma (who's just a boss character and some smelly minion of Apocalypse anyway), who else could possibly be as perfect for him?

Temperance Teahouse

Krait's hand shoots up as soon as Ghoul's question is asked. That certainly doesn't surprise me, though I'm not entirely convinced he's being honest here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Temperance Teahouse

"My daughter was seen being taken away. By people I've trusted with my own life from time to time." The king says, a cutting edge to his tone at the mere suggestion that his daughter may have done this. "As for her mother doing it, I suggest taking it up with her. She'd merely laugh. The Witch-Queen doesn't need such powers. She's a hex-crafter and binder, not a shapeshifter." He adds, still bitter but not going to argue the point further. "As for the flexibility of the terms, no. Bring back the princess, do not harm her, and kill the dragon. What is so difficult about those conditions? If you cannot retrieve her or will not, come back to my kingdom and I'll break the binding and destroy the contract." Even so, the King sets his palm on the contract and the words begin shifting in front of them. The clause about the paralysis is removed entirely, replaced by a punishment of "all forms of self-mobility removed". There is one more clause added, which makes the King sigh. "If my daughter does somehow prove to be the dragon, capture her without threatening her life if she doesn't come willingly. If impossible, return and tell me and I'll figure out some other way and you will be paid for your time. No more changes to the terms. It's time for you to choose." He tells them. "Just press your thumb on the bottom and it'll bind you."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

RLoR - Streetside Fighter!

Oh Happy is taking this seriously. She simply has different goals than Malice. She wants the hostages to get out of here alive, but she's quite sure that Malice will find some way to sabotage the endeavour before any brains are sucked out. But her second goal is to get Malice out of here, not only alive, but without any extreme self-esteem damage.

Happy has one advantage here, that Malice probably hasn't accounted for. Bak in 2008, she didn't know that Magtok had a crush on her. But now she does. And she has every intention of abusing the hell out of that little dynamic.

In light of that, she takes her seat and lets the Malbots cuff her, then looks back at Malice with a raised eyebrow. She doesn't actually say "Oooh, kinky!", but the implication is there. She takes the controller, fiddles with it a bit to make sure it has a good feel, and begins setting up a new game.

"Ready when you are."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeons of Doom!

"Where? Outside of the dungeon somewhere? If so..." Rosie pulls out a cell phone. "We might be able to call out and get someone else to break it before we go in!"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Temperance Teahouse

Spako's hand shoots up at the question as well, staring at Ghoul as he does so. He doesn't like being underestimated. Now, the dragon nearly fried him, but she doesn't have to know that.
    He sighs. "Sir Rebo would chide me for being so hesitant. The professor too." he mutters. And with that Spako "signs" his mark.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground

RLoR - Ringside to Streetside

Krystal turns her featureless eyes to Kal and glares at him for a moment. A lot can be gleaned from that look. Her disliking of her situation. The fact that she is currently not a happy camper. And the fact that Kal's timing for a pick-up line was pretty much as wrong as you can get. As was the specific line he chose.

That last point gets a little emphasis as she brings up her fist, showing the back of her hand to him, and extends a crystal from the knuckle of her middle finger. She holds it there a moment, then retracts it and turns her attention back to the game.

Well. That was rude.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #222

[Ruined League of Ruins]
    Hallway of Buzzsaws

DC can telekinetically rip out the buzzsaws, effectively stopping their spinning and their danger! Yes, it does look like this particular hallway wasn't actually any more planned out. (The next room, of course, has all those snakes and four Malicebots. I believe they're still playing Hearts, since nobody has bothered them yet.)

DC is going to get an awful lot of buzzsaws.

Awen gets up and makes sure the cut she received isn't bad. She also lets DC pass her; after all, he's taking care of the buzz-saws, which is something that she wouldn't be able to do on her own. She stands by against the wall to not get in the way. "Thanks again," she says to him as he passes - second time that he's stopped the saws and made it easier to get through.

After he passes, she starts to go through the hallway again.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

[RLoR-Room o'Snakes]

"Stand clear. Everything in that room is going to die." Immediately, DC raises a hand and and starts launching the buzzsaws he ripped out into the room full of snakes (and the bots), telekinetically spinning them out and hurling them around in a telekinetic twister of buzzsaws and red aura flares.

Basically it's pretty much like what he said. He's going to kill everything in there with a storm of buzzsaws.

Not a nice way to go.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #224

RLoR

Awen's walker talkie sounds off.
    Tell me when DC reaches Malice. He has yet to commit a crime worth death, so I plan to be there in case. DC tries to kill him.
    Whispered at a volume only she can hear of course.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Temperance Teahouse

If the people expected something big and flashy, they'll be disappointed. When Spako "signs" the contract, his name is slowly writes itself on the bottom of the contract in a delightful ochre which he'll feel oddly appropriate for himself. It is his Speech Color after all. The only thing Spako feels in return is a slight crawling sensation over the back of his neck, as if something is now watching him very intently.

16. - Top - End - #226

[Dungeons of Doom!]

The comment about the effects of undeath result in knowing looks from everyone present.

"That's a decent idea, but describing how to get there is... hard," Opal says to Rosie. "You'll see what I mean when we go there later."

Then?

She gives an all ready nod and with the help of Triage the secret door is kicked clean off the rails! Said door goes sailing through the air and clatters loudly on the floor. The room on the other side looks like a nightmare. As opposed to a nightmære. If it looked like the latter it wouldn't be so bad, but it doesn't, so it is.

The room is occupied a huge vat of molten steel, cages full of various types of humanoids, and the lich himself casting a vile spell on some poor person. The person's still living body oozes off their bones and into the vat of liquid metal while the bones are dropped into a waiting container to be moved to the assembly room. Dozens of hopeful eyes are cast in the direction of Team Nightmære.

"You've got one chance to give up peacefully, brother!"
    Opal yells, pawing at the floor with one of her hooves. "Because if you don't stop what you're doing right now, we're going to stop you by force!"

"You are not my sister. My sister is dead. You are merely a puppet fashioned from her memory. And now I shall cut your strings," the lich says as he regards them all with a look of minor annoyance before launching a thin, green beam of energy at Opal.

Wuh oh!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeons of Doom!

Morgan grabs a shadow and yanks Opal a good yard to the left, which is probably enough to dodge a small, thin laser.
    "Okay, melee folks, pincer around him, left and right, get out if he spawns minions, and do NOT let him get his claws on you; you only need a touch to drain. Zippo, you're on ranged support, but don't blast when anyone's trying to punch him. Opal, you're on defense, keep him from melting Zippo or anyone else who pisses him off. And if any of the unicorns know how magic works, tell us if he tries anything big or teleporting, because that stuff is not going to fly here. We're gonna make this pony see the light if we have to grind it into his face! Okay, break!"
    Says Morgan, rapidly rattling off orders. She subconsciously hopes the lich doesn't hear the plan, and even silently, the shadows hear her call, muffling the sound of her voice past a few meters away and overall making it difficult to hear her past that point.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeons of Doom!

"Am I on melee, then? Or melee-ish? I don't have blasty magic..." Unless told otherwise, Rosie will let the solid melee types lead the charge, following close behind them.

19. - Top - End - #229

[Ruined League of Ruins]
    Room o' Snakes

Awen nods. Then, realizing that most people don't have eyes in the back of their heads, she says something aloud. "Okay," she says to show she won't get in the way.

The buzzsaws slice through all the snakes and the Malicebots. It's almost like slicing pieces of watermelon by throwing really sharp knives at them. The entire room gets filled with snake blood and bits and robot parts. The room gets filled with clanging noises as the metal hits against the stone floor or cuts into the Malicebots who were peacefully playing a game (and that one just Shot the Moon, too!), probably minding their own business. Several of the buzzsaws get dented and damaged and loose some teeth through hitting all this hard stuff.

Awen's fox, Reynard, shies away from all the blood and spinning saws flying through the air and...well, everything in there in general. DC seems dangerous.

Anyway, as this happens, Awen receives the two-way radio broadcast. Unfortunately, it's really quiet, and it's hard to hear it over all this noise, so Awen has to bring it up to her ear to listen. I don't really know how much she heard, but after she's sure the message is over, she pushes in the button and responds, "What was that? I couldn't hear it very well. What is a Desea?" She assumed the really low volume was a result of the radio being too far away from the other one, so she speaks a bit louder than she would normally speaking.

She unpushes the button and waits for either a response to explain what she didn't understand, and for the room to be safe.

Anyway: the room is cleared, if really messy. Chances are, it'll really stain anybody's shoes who steps in there. (It's fortunate that Awen doesn't really own shoes, 'cause then they would get ruined.) Besides that, there's three ways to exit this room: north, west, and east. (DC just entered from the south end.) Each of them goes down a short hallway to another room: the north appears to have more lava, though, than the other two directions. It's all pretty much in ruins, though. The big question is: which one of these pathways will lead most directly to Malice? DC can choose any one of the three, or he can stay back and tell Awen something before going on.

One of the rooms

Aiden totally made it through the hallway of snakes without alerting the Malicebots, before DC got there and destroyed everything in there - even the table. All he'll hear is the sound of things being destroyed. If snakes could scream loudly, he'd hear that, too.

But, as it is, he is just going through a dark hallway into another room. The lights are going darker the farther he goes into the room, until there is anything barely-visible.

Except two glowing eyes. They're eyes of another Malicebot, and it sees Aiden. From what little light there is, Aiden will be able to see that the Malicebot is armed with a hand-cannon and a glowing electrical sword. Definitely dangerous.

The room is too small for comfort, and will definitely restrict movement. There's broken glass on the ground, and the floor is a little slippery due to some liquids. In addition, said liquids smell really foul, as if they've been sitting on the ground for ages and have gone past fermenting to just being plain bad. Like milk you've left out for too long.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #230

[Temperance Teahouse]

Ghoul took note of the alterations made in the contract and nodded appreciatively while disregarding the bite to the king's tone. Really, it simply seemed like it would be a possibility to her although past run-ins had colored her perceptions. It was how this contract was signed which gave her some pause for reasons that could either be seen as unwarranted paranoia or simple pettiness. Either way, she would wait until last to place her hand on the contract and attempt to roll it up and hand it over to the king immediately after if the opportunity presented itself. Going by an alias was all well and good but Ghoul couldn't say she was overly appreciative of how flowery her legal name was.

While signings were going on, however, she felt it might as well be now that she offer a proposition of her own to the rest of her 'teammates.' "I'm actually a bit impressed that we've got a few who've done their share of tangling with these things." she began, deigning to keep from saying what she suspected their win records were. That question could be asked later, though. "Since there seems to be a part of this contract that might put us all in unintentional competition, how about we solve it now and get any unpleasantness out of the way?" she said. "Supposing I'm willing to give up twenty percent gross of my share of the hoard to each person who relinquishes their claim on the princess. Would this be an acceptable agreement?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

[RLoR-Room o'Snake Guts]

"I'm not going to wait for you," DC states, as he goes off...well.

Remember how he was in telepathic contact with Happy earlier? Yeah, that comes back into significance now as he's going to go in whichever direction seems like the one where the telepathic connection led to. His armor remains perfectly clean as he just sorta hovers over the carnage.

Remaining buzzsaws and sufficiently pointy Malbot remnants in telekinetic tow.

How horrible.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #232

Temperance Teahouse

Krait frowns as he watches other sign. He's not sure what to expect or what name will come up when he 'signs' the contract, but does so anyway. Maybe this will finally answer the question that's been lurking at the back of his mind: which face is really the mask now?

RLoR - Streetside Fighter!

Malice spaces out for a moment. My guess is he's watching the 'heroes' through a security camera. That, or he's just that flustered by Happy's implied remark that he loses touch with reality. It's only for a moment before he's back in reality and picking out a stage, though. He goes with Random, because it's not like the stage really makes any difference in this game anyways.

"The psychic. The one with the dark hair and the predilection for red...does he know what fun is? Or collateral damage? He just murdered a bunch of venomous snakes he could've flown over. Just ripped a whole bunch of sawblades out of the walls and tore up the next room with it. No reason to kill those snakes; I hadn't even given them laser eyes yet." DC is not exactly something Malice had planned for, but I'm sure everything's fine. He's not worried about his own mortality; why would he be? I mean sure, he doesn't have clones like Magtok does, sure, he's trapped here with that helicopter buzzing about outside around his only exit, waiting to gun him down, and sure, that psychic looks like the sort who brutally murders first and ask questions never, and even his own prisoners are getting restless and could tear a bloody swathe through his goons if he hadn't caught them off-guard at a party, but I'm certain he's got this. He's just shaking with excitement is all. Not fear. Everything is going to work out fine.

"I can see how someone else could find him frightening, even if I don't. Do you think he'd shoot through you to get to me? Not talking about using you as a human shield, but you happen to be in the way, and he doesn't feel like moving a few feet to the left. Is that plausible with him?" Malice isn't going to throw the match, but he hasn't played the game for almost a decade, and it shows. The only videogames in Hell are Desert Bus, Ride to Hell: Retribution, and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

RLoR - Streetside Fighter

Happy is okay at the game. She's played it more recently than Malice, but not much more, not when there have been newer games to play. She picked this one to give Malice a fair fight. "Murdering snakes? I didn't have you pegged as likely to go vegetarian." But who knows. Maybe time spent in hell does that to a person. Hearing the wails of all the little dead lambs and chickens and cows... "DC probably won't shoot through me, but then he might think I'll survive if he does." Giving him a fair fight doesn't mean she isn't playing to win. She pulls off a nifty combo that HT would describe if she'd ever played the game in question.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #234

RLoR - Not so Roomy Room

Aiden just shakes his head as he hears the sounds of destruction behind him. Man, snakes had feelings too. There's a reason he'd gotten through without killing them. Oh well.

"'Sup?" he says to the Malicebot. He wasn't ever a fan of fighting robots, they weren't that good at trash talk. The sword on is back disappears, and it's replaced by gauntlets and boots that look entirely composed of rust. This has the convenient side effect of protecting his feet from the broken glass, but he really just wanted to try out his new weapon. "You up for a fight?"

25. - Top - End - #235

[Ruined League of Ruins]
    Not-so-roomy room

The Malicebot holds his sword out, pointing at Aiden. It's pretty clear that he is up for a fight. This fact is emphasized by what the robot says: "The only reason you're still alive is because I decided to give you a sporting chance."

I've been thinking, though. These MalBots are based off of Ultron's robots, since, y'know, that's what happened. So it also has a glowing mouth. Wide and a fancy design that looks like sharp teeth on its glowing mouth. Also, two glowing stripes on its chest. A cape, too, 'cause those look cool. Not that you can really see the detail on the robot, owing to the darkness in the room, where the only real source of light is the Malicebot himself and his sword. Well, it's less of a sword and more of a sword-length baton. "You'd best give up now."

The action then happens all at once. The robot fires his hand-cannon at Aiden, and a handheld cannonball flies at Aiden. Then, rocket boosters activate on his legs, launching the Malicebot towards his opponent. His baton-sword swings at Aiden, and the buzz of electricity flares.

Of course, everyone knows that if the electricity hits Aiden anywhere or conducts to his body, it will momentarily tetanize his muscles. That's a disadvantage of being a meatface instead of a robot - if it hit a robot, the shock would just be grounded and do nothing.

Pathway with Lava
    DC has chosen the difficult way: the north.

Anyway. Awen responds to DC before he goes off. "Of course you won't," she says. "The sooner we save those hostages, the better." DC does leave her behind, though, since she has to walk through all this snake bits without stepping on anything sharp or poisonous. She follows him since going alone is really dangerous - but much more slowly and much behind him.

So, we leave Awen making her way through the room to the north, and catch up with DC. The hallway has pools of lava still in it. There's even a waterfall of lava! I wonder how Malice managed that. It looks pretty cool. And by cool, I mean warm. Walking through the hallway would require hopping from hot stone to hot stone. Fortunately, though, DC can fly so it's much easier.

It's been a while since I've seen a map of old GLoG, but I believe this means DC has made it into the courtyard. Happy is still straight ahead, to the north, and he'll have to go through the ruined courtyard. Probably not much farther.

So: the courtyard. If you ignore the fact that there's hardly any plants left alive in here, I imagine it looks much like it used to back in the day. A pathway goes through the courtyard, and there's even the gazebo on the other side! Somehow, it looks completely untouched from the ruinous forces, proving the old wedding adage: Only gazebos are forever. DC will have to pass that gazebo to get to where Happy and Malice are.

Unfortunately, there's several other things between here and the gazebo. See, what with there not being a roof in the courtyard, Malice had to fill this area chock-full of sentinels and weapons and such, so smart alecks wouldn't try to fly in from the roof (that's why the HALOcopter had to land so far away). Lining all the walls and even the roof, there's automated laser turrets, machine gun turrets, anti-air missile launchers, MalBots holding weapons, force fields (actual real force fields, and not those silly nonsensical kinds), plasma fields, and so on. Guess he really wanted people to come in through the front door and not try to force a short-cut.

Honestly, it would be rather hard to get through. They even notice DC (unlike those four MalBots who were playing cards earlier). "Dangerous individual detected," says one.

Meanwhile, back to Awen: She's going really slowly through the lava hallway. Who wouldn't?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-10-30 at 07:25 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #236

[Dungeons of Doom!]

"Break!" all the other ponies shout! Opal moves in front of Zippo and stomps the ground, causing one of her gem-shields to crystallize into place while Zippo lights her horn and begins lobbing fire-bombs over the shield toward the lich. In like fashion Starhunter lights his horn, though rather than burning with red light it looks like someone surrounded his horn with the night sky, deep black and specked with flashes of white light. A starry, streamlined cannon made of psionic power forms in the air hovering next to him, the end beginning to glow with pure white light. "It'll take me a little while to charge up. When I fire everypony should get out of the way." he warns.

Cutlass jaunts over to one side as Glass and Triage break for the other, slamming into the lich all at once shortly after the fireball hits him.

"Useless," Darksteel huffs before smiting his staff against the ground, a blast of force rippling away from the lich. Glass sets his hooves and gets shoved back, though he doesn't loose his footing. Cutlass and Triage are sent tumbling!

What a jerk.

"Don't give up!" Opal shouts as the shockwave hits her shield and parts like a wave upon a boulder.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeons of Doom!

"Useless? Yeah, your pathetic struggles sure are." says Morgan, who had momentarily backed up behind Opal. She beats her wings and lets her shadows do their thing. They writhe and shudder, forming a haze around Glass and others who get near the lich. It'll be hard to pin-point their exact location, and harder still as shadowy doubles occasionally jump from beside them in and out of sight.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeons of Doom!

Rosie stumbles, and finds herself tied for closest to the lich.

Well, crud.

She twirls her pick, but instead of trying to hit the lich tries to hook the staff and rip it from his bony hands, twisting it to cross his arms if he doesn't let go, and preferably fling it far away from him.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

[RLoR-Courtyard]

"I think I nearly bled to death in here once," DC dryly observes, and...

...retreats back into the hallway and...oh dear. He hovers a bit away from the lava-fall, enough to not burn horribly.

"Hello..." It's hard to tell, what with the helmet, but he sounds almost amused.

That's when he throws all his remaining assorted debris into it and adds a significant quantity of telekinetic lava with a whole bunch of other bits in it to his current arsenal. Only then will he head back out to the courtyard, and launch a huge spray of lava and lava-covered metal bits at everything present that isn't him, all with a wave of a hand and a surge of red.

"Nothing can protect you, Magtok!"
    Nothing can protect you, Magtok!
    "Not your stupid traps, not the scrapheaps you call minions, and none of your deluded friends!"
    Not your stupid traps, not the scrapheaps you call minions, and none of your deluded friends!

The psychic's voice bleeds into telepathy, producing a disturbing echo effect for anyone who can actually hear both, although it is sadly lost on the robots. He follows this ridiculous attack with up by firing off an ion cannon blast towards the most obvious group of defenders that don't seem like they're gonna get lava'd to death, probably some group with forcefield stuff or something. The classic DC personal ion cannon, a devastating energy weapon in its own right with not-insignificant area of effect for a personal weapon and a particularly deadly effect on advanced technology as chaotic magnetic properties scramble unfortunate systems.

THOOM.

He may be utterly unsubtle, but he knows what to bring for these things, that's for sure. Of course, he might not actually manage to kill everything present, but therein lies the problem for them. There are only so many defenders in there, and a whole lot of lava back there.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2014-10-30 at 11:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

30. - Top - End - #240

Courtyard Chaos (before the Inside Stuffs obviously)

YOU ARE NOT KILLING A KIDNAPPER WHEN ALL HE'S DONE IS KIDNAP!
    Sophia soars out and above, flinging herself with her repaired 3dmg (she's skilled enough to dodge any fire that happens despite DC being targeted and demolishing defenses), and in a flash of light the skinless monster forms, crashing through the roof of the hallway between the courtyard and hostages.
    A burst of steam emits from the neck, and Sophia leans out partially from her form, muscle-like strands clinging to her face.
    [color=goldenrod]JUSTICE WILL BE DEALT DC, AND THE PUNISHMENT WILL BE JUST! HOW CAN YOU EXPECT TO DEAL JUSTICE TO MALICE WHEN YOU'RE A SAVAGE FUELED BY REVENGE?!
    Sophia demands, moving to block DC from advancing while aiding in taking out the defenses as best she can by aiming to grab and crush or swat.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!